[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i run wind waker at 60fps on dolphin 5.0?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
how do i run wind waker at 60fps on dolphin 5.0?
>>
you don't
>>
>console games
>60 fps
Nice meme
>>
File: 60fps.webm (587 KB, 952x530) Image search: [Google]
60fps.webm
587 KB, 952x530
>>345139030
People are looking to make TP 60fps but not WW.

It's hard for Zelda games to get 60fps hacks, even OOT's doesn't work right.
>>
>>345139030
The human eye can't see more than 16fps anyway. That's why silent films were shot a that framerate. They only went up to 24 because of the advent of sound.
>>
>>345139473
Who invented sound again?
>>
File: 60 fps.webm (2 MB, 952x530) Image search: [Google]
60 fps.webm
2 MB, 952x530
>>
>>345139473
nice meme. the film industry uses 24 because it makes the film "filmey" i personally prefer 30 (i play laid back games) but i can see the appeal to 60 and know why people prefer it for action games.
>>
File: clint_ew.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
clint_ew.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>345139637
>the 60fps makes the 15fps animations look weird.
>>
>>345139662
60FPS is better in literally every game. 30 is OK for some games but they'd really feel smoother and more reactive at 60.
>>
The game is coded to be timed with the frames that are processing, if you get the game 60 fps the game will go twice as fast. There's no getting around that, you would have to rewrite the games code
>>
File: 30fps sucks.webm (1 MB, 1878x908) Image search: [Google]
30fps sucks.webm
1 MB, 1878x908
>>345139967
They look the same, that's the problem. Not many games are coded like this, Nintendo went full retard.

In TP apparently bones and animations go haywire, firing off in all directions at 60fps.

>>345140024
The only games that are at 30fps that don't bother me are JRPGs just because most of them are at 30fps and actually optimized for it. Everything else is much better at 60fps.
>>
>>345139404
You just broke my heart Anon.
thanks for the info though.
>>
>>345140198
The TP 'HD' mod that's been worked on for the past year actually has a pretty competent team behind it. It's more than just a graphics modification.

They may or may not ship out their mod with 60fps since they have a guy who knows how to get it working. It's just a lot of work, he has to re-render all of the animations in the game if I'm not mistaken.

But WW has no such fanbase. A shame because WW would look better at 60fps than TP would.
>>
Actually just finished a playthrough of Wind Waker and started playing through TP. I guess maybe because I've been playing on an emulator a lot, but the lack of 60 fps hasn't been too big an issue, though it would be nice. I think there's a way to make Sunshine run at 60fps.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.