[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you pinpoint the exact moment you realized the game was shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 1468099332211.jpg (81 KB, 551x492) Image search: [Google]
1468099332211.jpg
81 KB, 551x492
Can you pinpoint the exact moment you realized the game was shit?

>MGSV
>the moment those repeated main missions pop up
>>
>not the moment you realised they split and forced you to buy 2 games in order to play MGSV.
>>
>>345134816
>Fallout 4
>when you realize settlements are wasted locations for potential quests
>>
>The moment those repeated main missions pop up

So, like 4/5 of the way through the game?
>>
>FinalFantasy 8
>Oh, look, they all knew each other since kids, what a plot twist!
>>
>>345134816
When I realized Venom can't swim in MGSV.

Swimming and diving could have added so much depth to the game.
>>
>>345134816
>Dark Souls
>When you realize that the only real difficulty is understanding how you should play and that the game is slow as fuck
>>
>>345135570
>game is shit because of a plot point
Must suck. Being you, I mean.
>>
>>345137982
>When you realize that the only real difficulty is understanding how you should play
are you for fucking real right now
>>
File: 1459025578045.png (744 KB, 793x1500) Image search: [Google]
1459025578045.png
744 KB, 793x1500
>>345137982
>When you realize that the only real difficulty is understanding how you should play

That's an awfully unique form of difficulty you've discovered.
>>
File: univa.jpg (49 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
univa.jpg
49 KB, 500x378
This moment in Pokemon Black 2
>>
>>345135094
Beat me to it. Really hit me hard with the fight club and the robot racing areas. Such an absurd amount of wasted potential. And now I'm mad about it again.
>>
>>345138449
>>345138284
By that I meant that I meant getting along with the controls and on how you should balance stats since they're is no real explanations
>>
>Bioshock Infinite
>The moment when you realize they refuse to say nigger

If you are going to do racism go full blown or don't do it at all. Besides being a shit game with a shit story, the addressing of race relations was garbage.
>>
>>345138728
Stats don't mean shit and what is wrong with the controls? I'm not even a Soulsfag, but you can't just straight up call a well loved game shit because you had difficulty with it. I mean, there are hundreds of games I hate but I'd never just call them shit because they disagreed with me.
>>
>Valkyria Chronicles
>S ranks are based on nothing but number of turns taken and practically requires scout rushes to get

I mean I love the game but this is shit
>>
File: monhun and skyward are garbo.png (93 KB, 1218x424) Image search: [Google]
monhun and skyward are garbo.png
93 KB, 1218x424
>>345134816
>Monster hunter
>Control mechanics are tankier than an actual tank
>Monsters have full freedom to attack and much better movement

pic related. Example of how I feel. Like they implied, the grindy armor/weapon progression is ok, I actually love that about the MH games, but everything else is ass.

Even faster weapons feel like shit, like seriously you cannot deny the game is a contradiction in design unto itself.
>>
>>345139075
It's one of my favourite games and I sort of agree. The fact that it was ridiculously hard before I learned how to play, and then ridiculously easy after, really is annoying and I wish obtuse basics didn't make up most of the difficulty for me. After my first playthrough of dark souls I never had a problem with any of the other games or any other playthrough of the first one except a few specific boss fights I was just too dumb for.
>>
>>345139496
But my man, everything is difficult before you know how to do it. It's literally how doing things works.
Imagine if From threw a tonne of RNG in there. Like, your parry failed because WHOOPSIE FUCKING DAISY, BAD ROLL AHAHA. Or enemies have a random chance to play a fancy dodge animation so your attack completely whiffs for no good reason. That wouldn't make it a better game.
>>
>>345140017
But how easy it was after how hard it was, and this may have been my fault for originally playing through without ever really rolling, was very disappointing. I wanted it to be as hard as it was when I didn't know shit but as soon as I learned to press B the entire series felt trivial.
You don't need RNG for difficulty either, just speed up the enemies even.
>>
File: agitated.gif (96 KB, 215x191) Image search: [Google]
agitated.gif
96 KB, 215x191
>>345134816
>dragon age 2
>darkspawn looks fucked up when comparing DA:O, so from the start of the fucking game
>>
>>345139182
Then go play God Eater if MH is too much for you.
>>
File: omd2.jpg (71 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
omd2.jpg
71 KB, 460x215
>>345134816
>Orcs Must Die: Unchained
>Traps do very little damage to anything in general, and any unique niches they had are distilled into negligible cc and damage.
>Game runs slower than either of the first two but looks ten times worse.
> All but 3 characters are either upgraded enemies or OC's.
>It's not a tower defense, it's an assfaggots now.
>"Free2play", in reality freemium out the ass with a grind that almost makes LoL's look good.

Fucking kill me. I haven't seen anyone shit in their fans' faces so hard since Uber Entertainment. And Riot I guess, but at least that's basically their MO.
>>
>>345134816
ay yo hol up

don't tell me you thought those were mandatory?
>>
>>345134816
>MGSV
>the opening where you customize the face
>>
>>345141185
They just recycled old missions and have you a condition to make it harder.
>>
>>345141496
Nice, the old Sonic Adventure 2 gameplay extension trick.
>>
>>345134816
>Final Fantasy 13
>you get a game over if the MC dies
>>
>>345142015
This is legit, and it's made far, far worse by the fact that it's not even the MC, it's the fucking party leader, regardless of who that may be. It would make at least the tiniest bit of sense if it only happened for the MC.
>>
>JRPG game
>main character falls in battle
>game over
>other people you control are still alive and can revive you
>>
>>345134816
>Skyrim
>the moment when you realized the combat wasnt going to get any better (aka about an hour in)
>>
File: 1428536272211.png (215 KB, 305x331) Image search: [Google]
1428536272211.png
215 KB, 305x331
>>345134816
MGS 5 was told to come with the missions ground zero had plus the main game
and when the extra difficulty missions came up those should have been an option from the very start
buddies were a mistake since anyone could discern that dog was best buddy since he detects anyone a good distance away best for stealth anyways since stealth is the main aspect of this game
air drops to change out camo skins huds gone the self medical care from MGS3 and 4 gone replaced with a very rare 1 button prompt that fixes whatever broke

the biggest problem with MGS5 is that the hud wasnt there i didnt see my stress/hunger health nothing
i remember fighting in the snow in MGS 4 wondering why my aim was shit and then finally figuring out after taking shelter under a car that it was the snow that was screwing me up my character is cold as shit gasp
now everything is handed to you and boss is more inhuman perfect soldier that isnt phased by anything apparently rather than a human being that people can understand why things happen the way they did

there was nothing for you to figure out for yourself and that rewarding feeling of yea i did this

at least MGO is still alive and well that shits still real fun just wish survival was actually VS waves of mobs with friends rather than a competitive thing they keep shoving on all games recently in an attempt to make it an Esport
>>
File: web_banner.jpg (240 KB, 1920x650) Image search: [Google]
web_banner.jpg
240 KB, 1920x650
>Turn action 2D game on
>It's 30fps
>>
>>345135570
Reducing a plot twist to a simple generalization doesn't make you sound smart.
>>
>>345143423
I hated the dog because he wouldn't stay and kept bumping into guards when I was trying to stealth.
>>
>Bad Company 2
>when they turned the single player campaign into a CoD "Murrica fuck yeah save the world" with hueg set pieces clone
You just know multiplayer was gonna follow suit and have shit mechanics.
>>
>>345141496
I don't think you get it. You could skip them.
>>
>Resident Evil 5
>"Leaderboards" on the main menu
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.