[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somebody explain to me why this shit gets a free pass for being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Monster_Hunter_logo.png (152 KB, 386x273) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Hunter_logo.png
152 KB, 386x273
Somebody explain to me why this shit gets a free pass for being practically the same game with each new entry, right down to the quests, while other games get shit on for having yearly releases
>>
The past couple games especially have overhauled gameplay to a huge degree, I don't think it's fair to say they're the same game.
>>
File: big ounce.jpg (77 KB, 777x728) Image search: [Google]
big ounce.jpg
77 KB, 777x728
>>345128073
I was thinking the same thing, afaik the only thing that changes is the hub. Also, horrendous gfx.
>>
>>345128073
Nothing else like it exists, it has no competition.

Games like CoD get shit on because there are better alternatives out there.
>>
Because it's not.
>>
>>345128073
>Somebody explain to me why this shit gets a free pass for being practically the same game with each new entry
Because it's not. It's that simple.
>>
>>345128073
Because the fanbase consists primairly of teenage tryhards trying to appear as le hardcore gameurrs and defending the blatant Crapcom rehashing at every step.

I skip every other Monster Hunter game because they hardly introduce anything new.
>>
>>345128073
>game doesn't change enough
>shameless rehash

>game changes too much
>they strayed too far from what made it good and ruined it
>>
Because it doesn't have the exposure like COD, Pokemon or Assassin Creed

It's become more popular in the west with every entry but not enough people even bothered to play it or know it exists to shit talk it
>>
>>345128478
Actually they're a fuck ton of Monster Hunter clones being produced by sony because they'll never get another monster hunter game based on how badly Sony fucked the MH devs.

To bad they all suck.
>>
File: .gif (377 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
.gif
377 KB, 165x115
>>345128073
how do i get gold gargwa egg in MH4U?
>>
>>345128073
Monster Hunter isn't very replay friendly. Once you've beaten it once, it's pretty tough to swallow all that grinding all over again. So the new releases are repeated excuses to get back into the experience you know and love.
>>
>>345128073
Because it isnt the same game.

>b-b-but the basic gameplay is the same

Wew lad.
>>
>>345129675
Obviously, if all the clones suck, the original has no competition. Not to mention that MH is actually getting better with each entry.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.