[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you nerds think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: img_3883.jpg (143 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
img_3883.jpg
143 KB, 800x450
What did you nerds think of this?
>>
Bampedo
>>
>>345126490
i watched it on fast forward, and i have no idea what it was about
i never been into wow but it looked pretty shit and generic like a marvel movie
>>
File: 1420155584270.jpg (13 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1420155584270.jpg
13 KB, 198x198
>>345126490
It was okay, if only for when Gul'Dan goes full Dragon Ball Z.

The story was clearly dumbed down and re tooled for non WoW fans. But the plot elements still exist and in a way that doesnt completely destroy the original story.

You could replace the two with each other and it still wouldnt detract from one another.

Like 7/10, would watch it if there was nothing else on tv.
>>
>>345127114
would you want a series though? most norms felt it wasnt for non-wow fans at all
>>
It was enjoyable, more than i expected it to be.

The complaints come from the "it's generic fantasy" but it's a Warcraft movie, so yes, it was going to be.

Other complaints come from "the story has stupid points" but it's a Warcraft movie, it was going to be kinda stupid.

The pacing was off at some points. The action is cool tho. Humans are the most bland shit ever but, it's Warcraft, and it's a fanwank to the Horde.

It's that rare case where normies don't get it and fans hate it because it's not exactly like WC.

But WC as i said, was always kinda shitty and generic fantasy.
>>
>>345127363
Most normies are retarded anyway.

Im not sure how I feel about a series, Id definitely be curious to see how the cinematic story develops vs the game, but they;d certainly have to dial it up a bit.
>>
>>345127594
Most normies are retarded anyway, and have very little imagination when it comes to things like this.

The funny thing is, this isnt high fantasy by any means. Which shows just how boring the average person is.

I wanted to expound on that a little more. People who have the screen cap about the guy complaining about Khajiits in ESO know what I mean.
>>
>>345127363
I only know non-WoW fans and they all liked it. Only complaint they had was the shitty human actors
>>
not entirely sure it was a good idea to try to film the first game

honestly the only film worth story warcraft has is Arthas'
>>
>>345127840
I liked how random and 1D the human actors where , really made it feel like wow
>>
>>345127992
this

A full scene of Arthas Cleansing Stratholme would be some good shit.
>>
>>345127992
>>345128163
Well we should get follow ups because of how well the film did in China.Based china
>>
Orc scenes were better than the c-list human side scenes
>>
File: DSC_0165_c_mini.jpg (43 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0165_c_mini.jpg
43 KB, 600x540
It was good. 10/10

>>345128163
>tfw they would censure it
>>
>>345128334
hope they don't fuck up the Anduin Lothar to much in the next one
>>
File: 1433039763106.jpg (205 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1433039763106.jpg
205 KB, 600x900
>>345128334
We'll probably get a trilogy that gets progressively worse, thats my guess.

>>345128336
Khadgar wasnt so bad, everyone else sucked though.

>>345128386
If it was fantasy I highly doubt it, but Imagine how bad it would be china.
>>
>>345126490
Pretty meh.
Could have been much better.
>>
The pacing was pretty bad and that's my biggest peeve in movies.

Would be nice if they released a director's cut with the cut footage. Might fix that problem.
>>
File: old.jpg (30 KB, 1591x809) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
30 KB, 1591x809
Who was female darth Sidious supposed to be? Aegwynn?
>>
>>345128386
don't think they would
but they'll actually need a good actor for Arthas otherwise it simply won't work
it would be very easy to portray Arthas as a villain during the stratholme scenes while his actual fall comes much later and his actor would need to convey it to the audience
>>
>>345127992
Started playing wow in wrath didnt you.
>>
>>345126490
I liked it way too much. Hit right into my nostalgia.
>>
>>345128726
Stratholm is the start of his fall. Arthas isn't the good guy there, it's the start of him not valuing human life.
>>
>>345128758
never liked wow all that much actually, I'm more of an RTS kinda guy

and lets be frank here: wow lore sucks balls
>>
>>345126490
I thought it was awesome, other than the fact they changed certain lore elements rather than just making it a lore-accurate retelling.

I would like it more if the franchise strived to be one large, cohesive canon. Which it kind of already is, other than this movie.
>>
polymorph scene made me kek in the cinerma not gonna lie
>>
>>345128926
Everyone you kill in there is already undead or infected, so no.
>>
>>345128926
the start of his fall is not the purging of stratholme but rather what happened before and after it
what he did was terrible yes, but it was necessary, he was still acting on behalf of his kingdom and its people

its during the northrend campaign his desire for vengeance and his need to succeed overtake it resulting in him turning on his own mercenaries and eventually taking up frostmourne
>>
>>345129086
>we don't know if we can cure them
>don't care, killing them
>a cure was found later on
>>
>>345129243
>later on

So what was he supposed to do in the meantime?
>>
>>345129243
the people of stratholme were turning during the purge, had he not acted then and there the entire city would have risen as an army under the leadership of a dreadlord ready to march upon the countryside nearly unopposed

thats the point: there was no time
>>
>>345129392
He should have abandoned lordaron because it was fucked, that's the best case scenario decision. Arthas acted on pride, nothing else. the previous mission made that very clear.
>>
>>345129725
Note by lordaron I mean the land, not the people.

Get as many that aren't already doomed onto boats and go to Kalimdor.
>>
>>345129725
so you're saying the good action is to forsake his oath and heritage and let millions of people die because doing otherwise would be prideful?

what kind of idiot are you Lordaeron was a vast nation, they couldn't just all evacuate in a few days

up until he left for northrend there was a very real chance of stopping the scourge
>>
>>345129948
>so you're saying the good action is to forsake his oath and heritage

Correct that is exactly what would have worked out best for people as a whole. Including himself as he wouldn't have fallen.

>>345129948
>they couldn't just all evacuate in a few days

Could have gotten more than they did by orders of magnitude.

>>345129948
>up until he left for northrend there was a very real chance of stopping the scourge

There never was any chance.
>>
>>345130237
hey idiot remember this HE WAS NOT THE KING
he couldn't order a nationwide evacuation what so ever
and the only reason lordaeron fell as quickly as it did was because Arthas managed to infiltrate the capitol and assassinate all the nation's leaders throwing the army into disarray
without that the scourge was actually being fought to a standstill which would eventually have allowed the various other nations to send their support
>>
>>345126490
>Medivh using last bits of power to save Llane, instead of healing himself and living his life for the first time

Better than The Last Guardian. I cried.
>>
Hated every moment of it. It's not good on it's own, it completely shits on the lore of Warcraft and it looks like ass.
>>
>>345130614
>he couldn't order a nationwide evacuation what so ever

He could do it on his own initiative and whoever wanted to leave would come with him.

Did you miss the bit where Medivh outright said "this place be fucked" because it would have taken longer, maybe much longer, but eventually it would have fallen and the pieces needed to defeat Archimonde may not have been in place any more.
>>
So why was Khadgar Illidan?
>>
>>345131271
Also second, the only way that Lordaeron doesn't die is if Arthas can throw away his pride. If he can't do that then he always goes to Northrend. If he throws away his pride then he heeds Medivh's warning.

There is no situation where Loraeron doesn't fall.
>>
>>345127557
>Humans are the most bland shit ever but, it's Warcraft
>bland

Humans in Warcraft are the reason why its awesome, the movie shat all over them. It was a stupid mistake to leave them normal, the king even looked like he just awoke out of a 20 year coma, compared to the 3 meters of musclemeat every orc was it just destroyed the pumped up style of warcraft.
>>
>>345132089
Not everyone is jacked up at this point though really. Wait till even the king is a demigod, then we'll see some shit.

That black footman captain looked right to me tho.
>>
>>345132248

The thing is they even made the combat scenes match the difference between orcs and human. Every single scene you can see humans getting totally rekt. They even gave every damn footman a handcanon in the final battle like they cant do shit without. If you look at the opening scene of w3 for example, that's a realistic fight for warcraft standards, or even the opening to mists of pandaria. The whole movie depicts human as completely regular like out of any medieval story. That's not the case with warcraft, it dosnt feel right.
>>
>>345126490
Pacing was bad but I still liked it.

It deviated a lot from established Lore but I feel like most of the changes were for the better.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.