[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when /v/ thought this duplicate Harvest Moon game was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
Remember when /v/ thought this duplicate Harvest Moon game was hot shit, then got bored of it in a month?
>>
I only just got into it so I was late to the party. An actual Harvest Moon would be better but Stardew satisfies my urge for one. Gonna marry that empty headed bitch Haley.
>>
I'm waiting for the multiplayer/new marriage candidates update.
>>
File: Rune Factory 4.jpg (15 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
Rune Factory 4.jpg
15 KB, 238x212
It was just Undertale fans moving on to the 'new' Undertale.

But without the autism of the fanbase to keep discussion going no matter what, the game burned up and dried out in a matter of weeks, especially since Harvest Moon has a long history of much better titles. Pic definitely related.

I highly expect Nintendo fans to absolutely WRECK this game once it comes out on Wii U, since you can actually play a lot of classic Harvest Moon games on their.
>>
File: 1433309989000.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1433309989000.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
I played it for an hour and got bored of it.

Why the fuck can't i enjoy any games that everyone else goes so apeshit abou
>>
/v/ didnt think that, the shillers said that
>>
i got bored of it in a week. got 29 hours out of it though.
>>
>>345121145
>bitching about undertale
>on the topic of a game that is literally nothing like undertale besides being indie
gb2/Call of Duty/ if you get so fucking buttfrustrated about small low budget games with heart
>>
>>345120426
I played it for four years of in-game time and had a blast.

On the other hand, Story of Seasons was a huge grind that was not fun in the slightest (even with the added casual mode) and The Lost Valley had no village where you could interact with the villagers, so it fell flat in the social simulator department.

TL:DR - yes, Stardew Valley was still better than the recent Harvest Moon games, whether we're talking the Japanese originals or Natsume's Americanized version.

And there's more content coming for it anyway, so I'm not that worried. For what, fifteen bucks?

Nigga I paid like 40-something for Story of Seasons and felt like I got fucked over hard.
>>
File: 4.png (43 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
4.png
43 KB, 344x517
>>345121145
What is the crossover appeal between Undertale and Stardew Valley?

I've not played either, but I don't see the similarity.
>>
>>345122541
it's bait

the only similarity lies in having low quality pixel art and being indie
>>
>image.jpg
Literally australian flag of /v/.

sage
>>
>>345120426

This is the free market at work. People wanted a pc harvest moon game.

If they could have sorted out the legal quagmire they should have ported harvest moon games and rune factory to steam by now. Easy money.
>>
When do I start making mad dosh and a wife?
>>
>>345125216
Second or third year, depending on how you go about it.

You'll probably get married before you become a richfag.
>>
>>345120426
>its another "/v/ thinks only games that are talked about 24/7 on 4chans dedicated shitposting board are actually being played by people" thread

Oh boy.
>>
>>345120426
It was completely worth what i paid.
>>
>>345120602
I think it's a lot more polished than the Harvest Moon games we get. Natsume sucks ass at bugtesting and usually ends up adding even more bugs into the localizations. I also like that Stardew Valley lets you play at your own pace, instead of needing to look up schedules to get missable heart events.

Still waiting for the update with more endgame content, though. It's severely lacking in that aspect.
>>
File: 1273988897540.jpg (63 KB, 525x650) Image search: [Google]
1273988897540.jpg
63 KB, 525x650
>coop never

i just want to comfy farm with my friends
>>
>>345126241
It's coming in the next update, but supposedly you'll have to start a new co-op only save, which sucks if you've had a lot of hours invested into your single player file.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.