[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 20
File: 1396515599134.png (8 KB, 486x451) Image search: [Google]
1396515599134.png
8 KB, 486x451
?
>>
>>345118517
RTS in general, Company of Heros in particular. I suck balls at RTS. I think there are too many variables, I can't sort out what's worth doing/prioritizing. CoH multiplayer sounded really fucking cool but I'm just too shit
>>
>>345118517
MOBAs and sports games

It is literally because I'm a scrub at them.
>>
>>345118517

Monster Hunter.
>>
>>345118517
Fallout 1/2
I've tried so many times to get into them, but I can't do it. I can't into isometric turn based games.
>>
>>345119594
I love Monster Hunter, but even I can understand:

>Walls of text
>Incredibly convoluted game system
>Intros and tutorials that literally take ages
>>
Shin Megami Tensei
I enjoy threads about them, I like looking stuff up and the OST, but fuck the game
>>
Fighting Games
Only one I can get into is Skullgirls since it's easy for me. Every other fighting game I played I had no idea what I was doing.
>>
>>345119232
just play okw in coh 2 and youll be set
retard proof faction
>>
Dark souls. I loved bloodborne, but dark souls is just too slow and sticky.
>>
>>345119853

Yeah, that's kinda why I'm on the fence about it.

Plus, all my friends play it, too, and I want to join them, but, fuck, it's hard to work up the willingness to play it.
>>
>>345118517
Final Fantasy
>>
The Witcher

Fuck what a shit game
>>
Just about everything. I've grown out of games years ago but I refuse to let go and keep buying games I never play.
>>
>>345118517
XCOM.
>>
>>345118517
Smash

I just dont' get it
>>
Strategy RPGs. I've finished XCOM:EW, but I can't play stuff like Disgaea and FFT because I have no patience.
>>
>>345120237
How old are you
>>
>>345118517
Monster hunter.
>>
EVE
>>
>>345118517
starcraft/rts
>>
>>345120041
Read an online tutorial for the version of the game they're playing and speed through the tutorial.
>>
All isometric games besides RTS and XCOM
Baldurs gate was shit to me.
>>
Civilization, XCom, EU.
RTS in general is definitely not my cup of tea.
>>
MOBAs
>>
>>345118517
FPS.
And then the new DOOM came out.
Also MH, but unlike DOOM, I just can't get into that shit.
>>
MGS, fuck that kojima hack and this shit series
>>
>>345120163
Are you me? I do this and it scares me.

>Hyped for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
>Get it on release
>Haven't touched it once

H-hold me anon.
>>
>>345119757
I have the same problem
For Fallout 1, I visit the raiders after a few quests in shady sands to see if I can save the lady, the I quit, played 3 times to that point and then quit
>I can't into isometric turn based games.
I played all the turn based Shadowrun games, probably twice each from start to finish, but I can't bother with the first 2 Fallouts
>>
ftl
it's so fucking hard and complex for me. it's why I basically only play fps games. everything else either has a long story I can't get into or complex as fuck controls and shit.
>>
File: 伊織、考え中.gif (460 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
伊織、考え中.gif
460 KB, 500x281
I've always wanted to get into the majong games but memorizing all the rules is confusing and I can never remember all the hands. I need to make some flash cards for it or something
>>
>>345118517
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>345118517
EU4
>>
>>345120418
None of those are RTS
>>
Bioshock.

I'm sorry I don't get it, I really don't
>>
Any sports game.

I love the sports irl (watching and playing), but I just never got into the virtual versions.

Except mandrama and turnleft, because fuck that shit.
>>
File: 1121212332123123.jpg (207 KB, 395x2012) Image search: [Google]
1121212332123123.jpg
207 KB, 395x2012
>>345118517
Mario
Sonic
Zelda
Persona
DBZ games
Megaman
Star Craft
Tomb rider (never played the new one)

>Not satan, just played different games like:
Duck tales
Felix the cat
Mortal Kombat
SF
Battletoads
Ninja turtles
GTA
Dune
AoE I,II,III
WC II,III and WoW
CS
Prince of Persia
>>
legend of zelda
>>
Pokemon
>>
>>345121039
Forgot to add that I could never get into Pokemon games as well.

S-sorry.
>>
Tactical RPGs. I like action RPGs and JRPGs with turn-based combat, I want to like the tactical ones it but for some reason I find them incredibly boring.
To be fair, I only tried Agarest and Stella Glow so far.
>>
Disgaea
>>
File: 1467534784558.jpg (33 KB, 396x480) Image search: [Google]
1467534784558.jpg
33 KB, 396x480
Stardew Valley
Skyrim
Zelda
>>
RPGs
So boring fuck
>>
>>345118517
basically any 4X game
>>
>>345120958
I was saying that about the genre I can't get into.
>>
>>345119594
Seconded. I feel like it'd be a lot better if they trimmed the fat from it.
>>
File: Shock Family Tree.png (995 KB, 1024x1323) Image search: [Google]
Shock Family Tree.png
995 KB, 1024x1323
>>345120970

Honestly the -Shock games have a big enough family tree that you've probably enjoyed at least one of them without even knowing it
>>
>>345118517
Original Dead Space for me, i played second and third game and only watched let's play of the original game. And now i can't get into it because of how i know about everything that happend there and mouse settings suck.
>>
Monster Hunter.
>>
Guitar Hero / rythm games
>>
>>345119594
This.
If I had friends who wanted to play with me I might give it another go but it's so grindy and repetitive.
>>
File: THiEF wallpaper.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
THiEF wallpaper.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
The original Thief. Weirdly, I'm fine with Thief 2.
>>
>>345122046
Look into japshit, mobile games. Some of them have good soundtracks if you're willing to deal with the occasional weeb stuff.
>>
The Witcher series
>>
>>345118517
Any Visual Novel, I tried to get into the most popular ones, that my weeb friends love so much, but it's just nto my thing.
>>
File: collector.jpg (834 KB, 1410x1692) Image search: [Google]
collector.jpg
834 KB, 1410x1692
>>345120579
>I do this and it scares me.
What scares me is that I don't just buy the game, but I sometimes end up buying the collector's editions. I haven't even tried any of these games yet. I've played less than 50% of my PS3/PS4 library as well.
>>
>>345118517
Baldur's gate
>>
Fighting games

I pick one up, then start to lose focus after hundreds of consecutive defeats. Matches so one-sided I can't tell if I'm any closer to one day achieving a win rate above absolute 0%. I've tried and failed to get my friends interested. And I'm not really interested in SF5 or SF4, where I understand I'm most likely to find other beginners.
>>
>>345118517
any nintendo series
>>
Any fighting game
Mainline SMT, maybe IV Final will do it for me
>>
File: 1464147934975.gif (1 MB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1464147934975.gif
1 MB, 400x302
>>345118517
Souls

I loved bloodborne, and play through it almost weekly, but I can't into any of the "Souls" games at all. It's not even a "git gud" type of scenario, I'm not BAD at them really, and have gotten far-ish in at least 1 and 3, but I just don't find it as fun at all. I can't into anything medieval fantasy though at all, so that's probably more to do with that than the gameplay.

Out of the games, DaS 1 probably kept me invested the longest, but less out of enjoyment, and more because of the retard tier community with goofy ass mask cosplays and FUCK YEA MOTHERFUCKER roll spam comics and stuff. DaS 2 bored the piss out of me by the tower of flame, and DaS 3 bored me by the abyss watchers but I muscled through until the dancer and just said fuck it.

Everyone praises Souls PvP over BB too, but I can't stand it in comparison. I prefer these crazy ass anime fights where a dude with tentacles can go beat the shit out of a werewolf man and an anorexic woman with a giant blood mace over a medieval duel any day

I do prefer Souls covenants and invasion systems over BB's though
>>
>>345118517
>the contest page
Witcher
It sucks shit
>>
final fantasy
>>
>>345118517
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
>>
>>345118517
Flight Simulators.
>>
>>345121781
Dead space is a spiritual successor to system shock 2?
>>
>>345122645
Bloodborne is by far the best, so it's understandable. I'd really like a PC release so I could enjoy it with a nice frame rate.
>>
JRPGs
The combat is awful and the world building makes no sense.
>>
Real Time Strategy. I suck at them.
>>
>>345118517
zelda
>>
fighting games in general
>>
>>345122645
people prefer Souls PvP over BB because it's not retarded to set up
>>
>>345118517
MGS

Way too cutscene heavy for my taste.
>>
MOBAs

Earlier this year I just wanted to see what all the rage was. Played Dota 2 for a couple hours with two friends, and I really couldn't get into it. It was just plain not enjoyable. The pacing is weird and sluggish. The way the whole item shop thing worked was kind of retarded. And there was a bunch of other little shit that turned me off. It was pretty boring and unengaging, too.

I don't understand why these games are so fucking popular. It's bizarre.
>>
>>345122772
Yeah, it would help if there were better options than a 240p handheld or 20fps wonky console version.
>>345122864
A lot of JRPGs have great world building
>>
>>345122847
Might have to upgrade my Bloodborne Machine to the Bloodborne Machine Mk2 when it comes out.
>>
>>345122819

It's actually even more directly related than that - it actually started development as EA's attempt at making a System Shock 3
>>
>>345120101
Right?
I absolutely agree
>>
Metroidvania
Platformers
2D Sidescrollers
Horror games
>>
>>345118517
Souls in general
I love Dark Fantasy and stuff but I can't stand those shitty graphics and animations
All is so robotics, slow and fucking uggly

So fuggly I can't go through character creation
>>
DMC/Bayonetta and the like.

I want to git gud, but I just can't wrap my head around the combat and end up button mashing.
>>
>>345122819
The levels you go through in DS1 are basically copied directly from SS2
>>
>>345119232
Play against the AI, you get human teammates too. Its actually pretty fun and less stressful than if you were playing against human opponents. I'll play with you if you want, I'm pretty shit too but can give you some pointers.
>>
>>345122992
>A lot of JRPGs have great world building
Then kindly point me in their general direction.
The one's I've seen just come up with a broad concept or two and then haphazardly throw in some shit they think is "cool" rather than fleshing things out so the world makes sense.
>>
>>345122458
I'm looking at special editions of Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom right now. I was also pissed off that I never got a special edition of Sword City, even though I also haven't touched that.

Nice Stella Glow copy btw. Probably a good thing I didn't know there was a special tall version.
>>
>>345122930
BB PvP isn't hard to set up at though, it's literally only hard to fight a specific person, it's easy as hell to invade.

>Go to Mensis or Frontier
>Ring bell
>Near-instant match

or

>Unlock all chalices
>Go to the short tombstone
>Pick the fucking invade option
>Near instant matches

setting up fight clubs and stuff sucks but it's easy as hell to fight a guy if you want
>>
Dishonored
I don't know, the gameplay seems fine, but I hated the artstyle and aesthetics.
>>
>>345123241
Some SMT games
Legends of Heroes Trails games
Star Ocean
Xeno-whateverthefuck
>>
>Dark souls

>Fighting games
I have fun casually, but I'll never get gud
>>
Morrowind. I'm sure it's great, but feels like a chore to play.
>>
>>345119232
Same here. I just don't feel this genre, I tried Red Allert, Warhammer I & II, Command Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (not sure if it's a rts).
>>
>>345122986
gonna get a lot of hate for this but if you find dota too sluggish and hate the weird shops, just play league

It's about a hundred times faster, there's ONE shop at spawn you buy everything at, and it's way less obtuse and weird to get into, as (some would say unfortunately) most abilities are skillshots with indicators
>>
The Sims
>>
Final Fantasy

I like the ones with people that are not cry babies like 6, the rest I just despise, after 7 everything just turned into ''ooohhh I am edgy kid i have no friend we must defeat god w-w-with the power of friendship oh boy this is jrpg the girl died i am mad >;[''
>>
Elder Scrolls

I tried playing Oblivion, but it was so sluggish and confusing I just couldn't be bothered to try again.
>>
>>345123005
I'm legit doing this just for a smoother BB

It's not usually THAT bad I find, but fucking hell, Laurence, any variety of Darkbeast, Wet Nurse and Big Daddy Horsecock just destroy the framerate
>>
>>345123554
I used to play League, but after a year there's no way i will be having fun in this game. I've achived nothing, just lost money. I decided to just leave it on my PC to play normals w/ friends but I get so frustrated anyway...
>>
>>345118517
3D zelda games
>>
>>345118517
RTS
I played through Warcraft 3 for the story, and even though I kind of get it now, I still hate resource management and controlling a lot of different units. Out of laziness, I used god mode for a lot of it. I would like to go and give it another try sometime, but I would fucking love it if it was more like Diablo instead.
>>
Pokemon

Played Emerald and never bother with the series again
>>
>>345123824
>I like the ones with people that are not cry babies like 6

wat

WHAT
>>
>>345122926
This. I mean I could learn the mechanics that a fighting game would require me to learn and decently remember and apply those in game, but I'm at a total lost with timing and memorizing combos.
>>
>>345123885
Samefag here, just to make it clear. I'm not the anon you replied too. I'm just a nigga with a rocket launcher.
>>
>>345122256
I found Cytus a long time ago and was into it, pgood but it feels to me like the Soundtrack was getting more weeb/shit so I just abandoned ship.

I wish there was a Cytus with Guitar Hero (normie I guess) songs
>>
>>345120101
The first one? Yeah, that game is a fucking drag. I forced myself to get through it just so I could get to the next games, and it paid off somewhat because Witcher 2 is a huge improvement (from what I've seen so far, I still haven't beaten it).

The first game has some decent aspects to it, like the story can be interesting and I like how there's an in-game encyclopedia. On the other hand, the combat is pretty shitty, and it's just overall a mostly boring game. The low budget definitely does not help either with some weird voice acting and many NPCs looking exactly the same. And the game is so goddamn drawn-out and long. Running back and forth everywhere a million times.

I honestly believe that with all of the hype and GOTY awards that Witcher 3 got, that a majority of those people didn't play the first game, especially since it's only on PC.
>>
>>345123538
Literally flying around in Morrowind with resolution and view distance increased is one of my most cherished gaming experiences.
Fuck the game itself though.
>>
>>345123005
>>345123879
Something tells me playing older games on the Neo won't magically make them run better seeing as they were coded and developed for old hardware in the first place.
>>
>>345118517
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>345120951
This. I have tried like 8 times at this point and always give up in frustration because I don't know what the fuck is happening.
>>
>>345124278
I guess it depends on if you played it as a kiddo. I play it more for nostalgia than actual gameplay. It's pretty boring tho.
>>
>>345118517
homo erotica
>>
File: 1440129233838.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1440129233838.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
STALKER
>>
>>345124614
this
>>
Dwarf Fortress/Any super complex simulator

I think I'll like it but the UIs are horrible.

Fighting would be kinda as well, I don't think I can memorize long combos.
>>
I despise Final Fantasy

The only ones I actually liked was 4 and 6, and I went back to 4 and realized how boring the character was, I can't get over the ''oooh I am dark knight I am all alone I am darkness'' or whatever, 7 I just absolutely hated, I hate him, the best character on the game was Barret because he actually had something going on for him, Cloud is just, uninspiring teenage angst number 3
>>
Disgaea

loved the style, atmoshpere and characters but i hate grindy shit
>>
i'd love to have gotten into IIDX/LR2, but it hurts my eyes even on the lowest difficulty levels.

Also, getting into fightan games would be cool, but I'm not entirely sure if I'd like it or not and the only gamepad I have is uncomfortable to play on.
>>
>>345121781
This image is so fucking retarded. Literally none of those games have anything to do with System Shock and the only one you could actually call a spiritual successor is Bioshock. Even that is pushing it since it plays nothing like SysShock.

>my Uncle knew a guy who cleaned the toilets at a 5 star restaurant so my microwaved hotdogs are basically Filet Mignon!

Fuck right off.
>>
>dwarf fortress
I actually played this for quite a while, but I never managed to progress that far past getting a forge.
I fucking love the shit out of how it looks in ascii, I fucking love everything about it, but goddamn I just can't penetrate that interface.
>vampire the masquerade bloodlines
>endless legend
I think this game looks gorgeous, and I love 4x, but I am so incredibly shit at the combat it's actually impossible for me to enjoy playing this. Micromanaging items for my combat units is just not fun for me at all.
>battlefield
love the huge servers and everything but the movement feels so unprecise and squishy, just doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>345118517
Ck2
>>
File: Cevq4fxWwAAskLA.jpg (73 KB, 497x506) Image search: [Google]
Cevq4fxWwAAskLA.jpg
73 KB, 497x506
Open world games desu

In games like Elder Scrolls, GTA, RDR, I don't feel any sense of success or progression until it's over, and I don't feel any sort of drive to explore because everything I can find in an open world game is just more of the fucking same.

Go into a hidden dungeon in Skyrim? Zombies, Skeletons, or dwarven robots, with shitty treasure at the end. Felt the same in Oblivion. Nothing poses a fucking threat in GTA or RDR 90% of the time, and there's fuck all to get by exploring.

The only games I felt did open world well are Dark Souls (the first half), and Banjo fucking Tooie. Dark Souls at least had a sense of real danger because you could go into the wrong area and get FUCKED if you were bad at the game, while Banjo Tooie had a neat way of interconnecting levels, with the jiggy requirements of new areas encouraging exploration of old ones using new abilities.

inb4 "the witcher 3 did it well" because whoever says that can fuck off. Randomly spiking the levels of enemies in the story so that you're forced to ride your slow ass horse around and do sidequests until you're strong enough is a shitty way of gating content while still pretending to be "free".
>>
>>345118517
Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>345123554
Interesting. Yeah, I've never played league, but you slightly sparked my interest. I still probably won't like the game, but thanks for telling me that.
>>
>>345123023
>>345123215
I didn't know this. I might have to play System Shock 2 now to see how it is.
>>
RTS.

My micro is just too shit. My macro is as well, I'm sure.

I just want to let one thing finish before starting the next. Or at least get everything I want done queued up before the game continues.

I'm also really bad at control groups and shit. Just too many buttons for me to be pressing 1-4 and attack moving between them. I'm just dumb, I guess. Basically if I can't make significant progress on a level 12 units at a time, then I look for a way to cheese the level.

This is why I just play Grand Strategy instead. Much easier, to be honest, even if it's more complex.
>>
>>345125592
Smite is better than league. Feels like like a MOBA, community is less cancerous. That said, don't expect to like it very much, it feels like a game from 2005. Still doesn't have voice communication (neither does league).
>>
>>345125509
Tried New Vegas?
>>
>>345124557
the issue with dorf fort is that it's made by someone with legitimate autism who doesn't understand why a good ui is important
>>
File: 1441473317199.jpg (36 KB, 413x569) Image search: [Google]
1441473317199.jpg
36 KB, 413x569
>>345118517
warhammer 40k. its a shame 90% of the franchises vidya is rts trash. franchise could benefit from some more stuff like the space marine game
>>
>>345126154

DF's UI is totally usable. Why would Toady work on it when he makes enough money to support himself and his brother without working on it?
>>
File: 1409108469327.png (161 KB, 290x299) Image search: [Google]
1409108469327.png
161 KB, 290x299
>>345125142

>Dead Space started development as System Shock 3
>Looking Glass Studios developed System Shock 2
>Arkane is Harvey Smith's company

>Literally none of those games have anything to do with System Shock
>>
File: 1454779214287.png (48 KB, 319x352) Image search: [Google]
1454779214287.png
48 KB, 319x352
>>345118517
fighting games. i like how they look and are designed but for the life of me i can never give enough fucks to play them which sucks cause all my friends love fighting games and i couldn't care less. mabye cause the control's always feel like ass no matter how i play
>>
>>345118517

Gothic
>>
>>345125031
Git gud. It takes anywhere from days to weeks to adjust.
Or play DDR instead if 7 buttons is just too fucking much for you.
>>
>>345126007
Yeah.

I like it a lot more than most, and the writing is great, but the shit combat kills it for me unfortunately
>>
File: 0c4.gif (147 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
0c4.gif
147 KB, 600x404
>>345126671
chill out you sperg
>>
>>345118517
Grand Strategy.
I really want to like it, but I simply can't get into it.
>>
>>345126671
I never mentioned buttons being an issue though, I'm not sure where you read that at all. I already grinded out muscle memory for 8keys, but thanks for your advice.
>>
>>345118517
Everything that isn't CS and GTA 2bh
I really tried but video games suck
>>
>>345126740
Well, then I'd say you experienced a true and proper open world RPG, not that Bethesda garbage.
>>
>>345126864

My biggest tip as someone who mainly plays grand strategy is try not to let yourself be overwhelmed. The secret is you only need to understand a small portion of the game to have fun. I have hundreds of hours in CK2 and there are systems that I haven't even bothered touching. Just do the tutorial, try and play a bit, don't worry about all the stuff you don't know. If you want to learn about something specific, wiki it.

This advice applies to Dwarf Fortress as well.
>>
Civilization
>>
>>345126740

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40040/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35335/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52162/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34921/?

Here you go.
>>
Zelda, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill
>>
>>345118517
Kingdom Hearts. It's just not fun to play.
>>
Not "always" but I wish I appreciated the Deception series more than I did.
>>
Europa IV
>>
>>345118517
Dwarf Fortress, Crusader Kings II. I'd love to learn, though.
>>
>>345126612
>Dead Space started development as System Shock 3

And became something entirely different.

As for your other attempts to grasp for straws, that's like saying Occulus launch games are spiritual succesors to DOOM because Carmack is on the team.
>>
File: inquisitor-deluxe-title[1].jpg (32 KB, 522x353) Image search: [Google]
inquisitor-deluxe-title[1].jpg
32 KB, 522x353
has anyone ever completed this?
>>
JRPG
>>
>>345127542

No, but if Carmack makes an FPS for Occulus it WILL be a spiritual sucsessor to DOOM
>>
Zone of The Enders 2.

Played through 1 though.
>>
>>345118517
Main Final Fantasy games. I always enjoyed the spinoffs more for some reason.
>>
>>345126329
i didn't say it wasn't usable. i just said it was autistic and it's probably the greatest barrier to entry
>>
Total War and MOBAS, I'm horrible at managing stuff
>>
File: 250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg (24 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg
24 KB, 250x248
>>345118517

Vagrant Story. I've purchased the game on 4 different occasions since its release.

The game seems cool as fuck, but I always lose interest about 8-10 hours in.
>>
Fightan games. I love tekken and Guilty Gear and I'm pretty good at inputs but once I get into the more advanced stuff it just completely overwhelms me. I'm doomed to play at novice levels my entire life.
>>
truck sims and racing games

maybe if I had a wheel they would be fun
>>
Fighting games. I'm amazed so many people have lightning reflexes. I can't defend against shit.
>>
horror genre

all my friends have so much fun with horror games but i'm just pissed off at their bad controls the whole time and don't wind up getting scared
>>
>Fighting Games
>>
>>345128718

>Chrono Trigger is the only JRPG I've ever liked enough to finish
>anons tell me that Vagrant Story was sort of a spiritual successor
>I can never get access to the game

At least it's good to know the game wouldn't hold my interest anyway
>>
>>345123093
FPS
MMOs
Beat'em ups
Rogue-likes
>>
>>345129269

I wouldn't call it a successor to CT. CT was MUCH easier to play than VS.

VS has really complex, grindy combat. The story and setting are 90s grimdark as fuck, too.
>>
Rocket League.
>>
File: stabbity.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
stabbity.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
>>345120169
I can't speak for the older ones, but the 2012 remakes (Enemy Unknown and Within) are fun. XCOM2 is pretty great as well, modding community is making it a lot of fun.

Only thing to be aware of is that the game does NOT fuck around in higher difficulties. You make mistakes, you take gambles and the AI will fuck you for them.
>>
Anything competitive.

I'm shit.
>>
>genre
racing/esports , carmageddon doesn't count
>franchise
onimusha , guess theres more i tried to like but couldn't , but dont remember
>>
>>345118517
Post-BC2 Battlefield games. I don't know what made BC2 so great and dice have been unable to reproduce it. Not that modern dice is even capable of making a good game.
>>
>>345124703

>can't memorize combos

That's why you play smash melee

There's some tech skill involved, but every action corresponds to a button press, and every button press to an action, combos exist but they arise organically by chasing down your opponent after you hit them, no memorizing strings of unintuitive inputs

The game is great because of the freedom of movement compared to being stuck on rails like a normal fighter
>>
Fucking tabletop games. I've never played a proper tabletop game despite trying to set up multiple. Whenever somebody talks about awesome campaigns they did I'm just like "haha yeah totally ;-;"
>>
>>345118517
JRPGs. I enjoy lenghty, storydriven Games, but I just don't enjoy juggling numbers and values. Every new Option, a RPG offers me over its course ( for example: to modify my gear and other ) makes me more nervous. I just can't handle abstract values, but I really don't know why. Solving numerical puzzles for example is fine and ok for me.
>>
>>345129478

Wait shit never mind I think I was mixing it up with Xenogears anyway
>>
>>345130047
Have you tried Burnout?

I'm not a lover of racing games either but Burnout is fucking ace.
>>
>>345130047
elders scrolls (oblivion) and fallout 3 too , i remember enjoying 1-2 demos but i never played those (didn't even pirate)
>>
>>345121623
>trimmed the fat
if they trimmed the fat it would just be the arena from Devil May Cry.
>>
>>345130192
Never played melee, but I do play done Smash 4 with Pac-Man, which is a wholly different beast. I do like smash but I also like how satisfying traditional fighters are.

I should look into melee, but I'll need to find my play style AKA main, and Pac Man is pretty different from even the Smash 4 cast.
>>
weeb shit

i don't like lolis, high pitched voices, or effeminate males but some of the gameplay looks gud
>>
Armored Core.
The idea of pimping out my own mech sounds great.
But every time I try to play it I just get my ass spanked.
>>
>>345130047
i played the onimusha with the guy from leon the professional and that shit was great
>>
>>345130437
i enjoyed 2 or 3 , dont have much memory of it
guess since all i try to play is gran turismo and whatever other thing alike , i forget the others ,
need for speed was full till 3 , just remembered that too
>>
>>345130396
Boardgames are great. I prefer playing vidya alone, but I love playing board games with friends.

I could never get into Wipeout. It looks great, but it just doesn't click for me.
>>
>>345118517
milsims

back to call of duty i go
>>
>>345130603

Smash 4 is ver very different from melee

I prefer melee but smash 4 is more convenient to play, since you need an old tv to play melee with no lag (smash 4 is playable with slight lag whereas melee is too fast, the timing has to be tight)
>>
Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1464302406718.gif (458 KB, 304x276) Image search: [Google]
1464302406718.gif
458 KB, 304x276
>>345130789
>tfw no IRL friends so I have to settle for Boardgame Online with /v/
>>
>>345118517
Mass Effect
Boring dialogs and gameplay
>>
>>345118517
WRPGs because if I'm given a blank slate main character I tend to just leave them a blank slate and it becomes difficult to have any investment in the story, or any idea what drives them.
Even if I try and come up with a backstory it doesn't feel "real" somehow. Also I hate fantasy.
>>
>>345118517
Final Fantasy
>>
>>345131337

>I hate fantasy

Now you've piqued my curiosity. Mind expanding on what you find off-putting about such an expansive genre?
>>
>>345118517
Rainbow Six, Army of Two I played the first one though, LoZ and the Elder Scrolls am I missing out on a lot guys?
>>
>>345120237
>>345122256
>>345122351
>>345123563
>>345124614

Pretty much these. I'll thrown in MOBAs too. Don't see the appeal of dota, LoL, smite, ect.
>>
>>345120472
This. I just don't get them or any online game. I just can't spend hours leveling some pointless skill to make my character slightly better.
>>
metroid

i bought metroid prime 15 years ago and still havent finished it
>>
>>345134298
Try it again anon. It is a good game, turn on hints if you have too
>>
>>345118517
Fighting games and RTS, I'm okay with "watching high level play" though, I understand most of the shit that's going on, I just suck at applying it myself.

I don't know anything about MOBAs either, but fuck that shit.
>>
>>345119594
Came here to post this. I keep trying to give them a shot, but it feels like it's always the same exact game over and over.
>>
>>345120351
It's still just a chore of a game.
>>
Resident evil

Bought 4 in an humble bundle, runs like shit on my PC despite being a fucking 10 year old PS2/GC game. I don't even get the option to play without all the new HD shit.
And revelations on the 3DS was fucking awful.
The older games just look fucking boring and awkward. People usually say that it's supposed to be spooky and shit but I don't fucking see it.
>>
>>345134015
If this is your idea of a MOBA game then you're thinking of shit MOBA games.
>>
test
>>
>>345118517
MGS
Monster rancher
>>
Witcher 3. I just can't fucking do it.
>>
>>345118517
Fighting games

I will play anything else I just can't get into fighting games. It does not matter if I win or if I lose I just can't bring myself to keep playing. I always feel like i'm just mindlessly spamming most of the time and the few times i'm actually executing combos I have no idea how I put my opponent in the position to do it again. The ones that I've played just feels too random to me.
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.