[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proof Miyamoto needs to go the way of ole yeller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (194 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194 KB, 250x352
Got this game last weekend because it was cheap on Amazon. What could've been a fantastic game was absolutely FUCKED by shit controls. The segments where you were flying around shooting regular enemies were fantastic, but when it came to boss fights and aiming in precise spots, it really let me down. I had a lot of fun with star fox guard, rebot was a QT.

Maybe I need to git gud but this game makes me wish rentals were still a thing
>>
git gud
>>
>>345113261
Actually I've really liked the game
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 780x780
>>345113338
Maybe. I had to stand up like an asshole and aim with the gamepad. I'm gonna give it another playthrough tonight

>>345113478
I really liked the game, just certain things I wish they they would've done differently
>>
>>345113675
>I had to stand up like an asshole and aim with the gamepad.

You sound like someone who went into the game expecting (and probably wanting) to hate the game and then ended up doing so once you couldn't learn the controls.

I played the entire game and a couple arcade runs from the comfort of my bed.
>>
>>345113675
>I had to stand up like an asshole and aim with the gamepad
What the fuck? You're doing this completely wrong. Just put the gamepad on your lap and tilt it to aim.
>>
>>345114323
>>345114114
Reminder that hating on the controls makes you DSP tier.

I'm glad to see that the 'muh controls' meme is finally starting to die. The game is great, I really enjoyed my time with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 700x467
>>345114114
>>345114323
Really guys? I was doing it wrong? Gyroscope aiming fucking rocked in windwaker and twilight princess. I dunno why it was so hard here
>>
It's a pretty shallow and garbage game, even if the controls weren't gimmicks people would still realize it's shit.
>>
I usually tell people to git gud when complaining about controls, but i have no tolerance fot motion control shit. Its gimmicky unintuitive garbage.
>>
I don't think SF Zero was terrible. The controls worked well enough for me to be able to 100% the game easily without much frustration, in fact I think the controls are actually good after spending that much time with them.

Zero made a lot of other mistakes besides the controls though. Having only 1 version of Venom and no alternate final boss fight was one of the big ones. Also making all the alternate routes go to short bonus levels with no story to them (Fortuna was the only good alternate path level)... seems like they cut a lot of corners making the game very weak on content compared to 64.

Star Fox Guard is really good though. I can't think of anything bad to say about that game.
>>
>>345113261
>What could've been a fantastic game was absolutely FUCKED by shit pacing and a lack of direction/content/multiplayer

FTFY. The controls are God tier with the exception of the first boss, get fucking good. The reason the large bosses suck is because they are all range mode and usually the only hazard on screen.

If the side missions were a bit more fleshed out and created an actual branching path or two, a few bosses were put on rails/stationary, and they added multiplayer it would be an easy 10/10.

It's not even like they'd need to add content for multiplayer, Corneria tower, Venom, and the Colony look like they were specifically designed to be multiplayer arenas and recycled for in-game use a-la Assault. Plus the Wolfens have special moves: biggest cock-tease in gaming history that you never get to pilot one
>>
>>345117508
Is it really a matter of git gud?
>>
>>345118062
Yes 100%. I HATED the controls my first playthrough. When I got to Andross I got 3 Game Over, walked away and never thought I'd come back.

Then the next morning I picked it back up and it all just clicked. The problem for most people is that they think you have to shuffle your view between the two screens, but the ONLY time you should be looking at the bottom screen is if you're fighting an enemy with a very specific weakpoint or the top screen is locked for a cutscene or something. You just need to find a comfortable sitting positions for it and learn to adjust and aim the gamepad based on the enemy position on screen from feel rather than sight.

Within 3 hours of playing I was doing shit I thought would be impossible , like shooting Star Wolf members down from above while U-turning past them. The controls are the best thing about this game: you can take out a screen full of enemies in 2 seconds.

I'd pay another full 60 bucks to be able to fight me friends in chicken walkers.
>>
>>345118062
No it's not and teh SF0 defense-force is literally only found on /v/ because you can >imply your way out of arguments.

Zero is the worst game aside from command since it's light on content, levels are short, graphical presentation is not good, gyrowing is a waste of a level and fucking garbage, only one true alternate path, easy as sin, and too many goddamn All-Range Mode missions. They're seriously like 80% of the game. After all that there's no alternate boss or ending for finding all the hidden content (what little there is) and several bosses are ripped straight from Star Fox 64.

It's a bad game, and I say that as a guy who was defending it up until launch day when I got my copy.
>>
>>345120067
>It's a bad game, and I say that as a guy who was defending it up until launch day when I got my copy.
fuck you
>>
File: 1372066602783.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1372066602783.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>345121886
To be fair graphics is mainly what I defended since that was all anyone would talk about. Turns out the level design was the real culprit.

Would've never guessed in a million years that Nintendo themselves would put out a star fox game with so little variety and such short levels.
>>
>>345120067

There is no "SF0 defense-force". It's just that some people are able to criticize the game more deeply and talk about both the good things and the bad things about it. Like this guy who brings up a lot of good points >>345117508

Meanwhile you are doing EXACTLY the thing you accuse the "defense force" of doing, >implying everyone who says anything good about it at all must be a nintendrone defense force poster
>>
>>345123008
Except that the controls are not god-tier. I can't even bring it up without people just going full-retard and screaming "GIT GUD" .

The controls are inherently unfun and constantly makes star fox a game it's not supposed to be. It's like the people defending Skyward Sword's controls, it "fixes" a problem that never existed and just creates a tedious experience that, while not unplayable, is not fun.
>>
File: star fox ipod.webm (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
star fox ipod.webm
1 MB, 320x240
2016 was the year of furry and Star Fox Zero came out a month after Zootopia. It was the perfect time to release a Star Fox game if ever there was one, and yet the game Nintendo actually released was such an unmitigated disaster that even under such ideal circumstances it couldn't sell more than 250k copies.

>nearly line-for-line remake of a game that has already been made twice (3 times if you count 643D)
>same tired old dialogue without any of the the passion the original had
>bad controls instead of intuitive controls
>leave out the most popular character in the series because it's a remake no-one was asking for
>no multiplayer battle mode, let alone online multiplayer
>new vehicles are all slow and annoying
>wingmen are all still completely useless
>bad graphics because the game has to be rendered on two different screens, even though you can only look at one of them at a time
>migraine inducing second screen features that would be illegal to put in a real vehicle because they'd cause so many accidents
>>
>>345124386
>leave out the most popular character in the series

The only correct decision they made, Krystal faggots are insufferable.
>>
File: cover_2.jpg (179 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cover_2.jpg
179 KB, 900x900
>>345113261
Counter proof.
Oh wait:
>Hurr durr Pikmin 3 is shit
>Hurr durr Miyamoto didn't work on it
Your shitposts are sadly predictable.
>>
>>345113261
Platinum is not mark of quality. They are good at rushing games out that's all. Even Bayonetta was rushed out and it shows on some level but she's still the best game they've made. MGR was good as well but here the rushing really shows anyway.

It's make or break for Platinum with Nier 2.
>>
>>345113261
>absolutely FUCKED by shit controls

No, it was fucked by the fact that it was an almost play-by-play remake of a game already remade, tread no new ground in an already stale and overrated series, and didn't even have many of the features that made the earlier games fun to play (like multiplayer).

I'm not going to defend the controls. But I will say that even with "good" controls, the reception of the game would have remained the same aside from fewer irrelevant E-celebs shitting on it.
>>
>>345124663
But I had more fun playing pikmin 3 with my wisdom teeth taken out
>>
>>345124663
The main thing is how hard Miyamoto has been advocating the GamePad included with the system.
Sakurai and Aonuma have been a bit smarted about it and making them non-vital or entirely optional, with no sort of screen asynchronous gameplay.
>>
>>345125542
Aonuma compared the Gamepad to a car's dashboard-- you glance down at the dashboard once in a while to check stuff like your speedometer, but you can't divide your attention between the dashboard and the road. I'm guessing Miyamoto doesn't drive.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.