[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: I can has co-op.jpg (20 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
I can has co-op.jpg
20 KB, 626x352
I recently pre-ordered pic.

What am I getting myself into?

And I made the exception this one time, god help me.
>>
>>345110995
disappointment

i'm not even that cynical, but i learned from Spore and The Dead Linger that when developers make these kind of big promises they'll never rise to the expectations

and i learned from Duke Nukem Forever never to pre-order anything again
>>
>>345111745

Good points, I am bracing myself, though it could be a relaxing game as in I come from work and spend 1h in it like Minecraft or something.

One can hope. :-(
>>
>>345110995

What compelled you to pre-order this of all games? I'm not saying it's going to be bad (I just think this is going to be the case), but you have to admit this game has the highest burn potential for early adopters in recent memory.
>>
>>345112018
it's a downgraded version of minecraft with better graphics and AAA pricing.
>>
>>345110995
You're retarded
>>
Why preorder when you don't even get anything for it? Just wait until launch, see if it's good, and buy it then. There's no real reason to preorder games anymore.
>>
File: 1462874213216.jpg (157 KB, 1237x1444) Image search: [Google]
1462874213216.jpg
157 KB, 1237x1444
>>345110995
My main issue with this game is that space is fucking colorful, and there are no gas giants, moons, or planets without any life.

If it had those things I would be excited
>>
>>345110995
Why did you pre-order it?
>>
>>345110995
If you pre ordered it, you should know what you're getting yourself into you stupid nigger. Unless you bought something without informing yourself about it first.
>>
>>345115652
There's moons and lifeless planets though.
>>
>>345110995
>what am I getting myself into?
Pretty much anything you want. I don't think a more freeform or open game has ever been made on this scale.
Just do whatever's fun. There isn't any kind of mandatory fetch quest nonsense or shitty story. Just do what you think is fun. Explore, trade, fight, collect shit, etc
>>
>>345110995
Why not just wait until the game is out to buy it?
>>
>>345115652
90% of planets dont have any life. From the remaining 10%, 90% don't have complex life, like an ecosystem etc.
>>
Boy the marketing budget for this must be decent.
>>
>>345118092
lidteraley this ever single one of the post here is unbriboled shilling and lidteraley say notheing bad about this gaygay walking and looking at thing's simeulater
>>
>>345118908
Why do you write like that are you ok?
>>
>>345116982
>>345117914
Really? Where have you seen this, and do you mean they also do not have plant life?

I'll be more interested if that is true, but I still fucking despise that space looks like a lava lamp and not space.
>>
>>345119553
i rite how i want to onlin stupid gay fagboy eat my diq
>>
I'm sure no man's sky is gonna be a great game. However I'm against preordering in general. Remember the shit show over Assassin's creed Unity on day one? That's because of pre-ordering. You're enforcing deadlines which should not exist for video games.
>>
>>345119574
It's been said a few times in interviews by the creator of the game.
>>
>>345120953
The game is finished though.
>>
>>345110995
>What am I getting myself into?
Spore 2016.
>>
>>345121137
And yes, no plants or anything.
>>
Fact: if you pre-order, you're actively contributing to the consumer's loss of bargaining power. This leads to exactly the problems burgeoning in today's gaming industry, e.g. pay-to-win, half-baked releases, and overabundant DLC

Also I dunno man the game looks kind of boring.
>>
>>345110995
A good game if you like immersive space exploration

Not a good game if you wanted an elder scrolls-esque sandbox in space which seems to be what a lot of /v/ thought it would be
>>
>>345121371
Oh. Then what are we waiting for? Marketing?
>>
>>345110995
>preordering
kill your self
>>
>>345122012
Huh? We're waiting for the release 9th August, negro
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.