[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone like or dislike the Story Mode of Street Fighter 5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13
File: sfs_rk.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sfs_rk.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
Did anyone like or dislike the Story Mode of Street Fighter 5?
>>
>>345107147
It look like a comedy skech to me.
>>
Difficulty wise it was bleh, but the retarded story and stupid cutscenes/dialog kept it worth continuing.

I wish it had a curveball or two. Like you fight Urien once and he fucks off, why
>>
Necalli, Nash, Ryu, and Alex was super disappointing. I expected more of them.

Karin, Rashid, Juri and FANG were the standouts. This story mode actually made me like FANG.

Cammy's storyline was kinda OK too I guess. Everyone else was just there.

Also, Urien is dope.
>>
>>345107147
Xrd story mode was better and some people say MKX has the best story mode.SFV story mode was a let down.
>>
>>345107495
The story mode argument between MKX & SFV started a petty war on Youtube between SF & MK fans.
>>
>>345107441
Guile , Cammy and Chun Li are portrayed as big time jobbers and Necalli was nothing short of a waste of space in story mode.Also Ryu finally being able to control his evil haddo with no real explanation as to how he did it was just dumb.
>>
It was awful. Who wrote that shit?

Everyone that SHOULD have had a big role in the story... did not. The story focused a lot on Fang, Karin and Rashid. They all really took over the story and that makes no sense at all.
>>
>>345107776
I never played MKX so I'm not sure if the story mode for that game really is that good but to start a fight over a fucking video game story mode seems really fucking retarded.
>>
I liked how Karin had more fights than the leading protagonist Ryu and the leading villain Bison out together.
>>
File: 1457407887544.gif (3 MB, 222x379) Image search: [Google]
1457407887544.gif
3 MB, 222x379
It was total fucking garbage.

>Ryu controls the Satsui no Hado offscreen, not given any context or information about it
>Necalli goes out like a total bitch and loses like four times except to Ryu. Worthless garbage character who they shouldn't have bothered including. Just have Ryu use his Hadou power to defeat Bison and have Dhalsim stop him
>They didn't use Bison's final boss psycho costume for the final confrontation
>Nash dies like a bitch and was totally pointless to the overall story except to introduce Illuminati
>Balrog and his fuccboi just disappear into smoke never to be heard or seen again
>Juri drives Cammy from Brazil to England on a fucking motorbike
>Decapre just SUDDENLY talks about Cammy as her sister in the most cringeworthy dialogue I've ever heard
>Claw isn't actually such a bad guy for... no fucking reason, never explained, never shows how he got away from Juri or how their fight went down
>R.Mika and Ibuki acting like retards in the background and doing nothing wasn't funny or cute, just annoying as shit
>So the Laptop Doll managed to tackle FANG and take her down with her, except he's just fine. How did he get away? Did he manage to grab hold of something again? Did he fly like a bird? What happened to Laptop Doll? Did she survive?
>Alex is totally worthless in the storyline, just there for a chess piece
>Why chess pieces? How did the "hackers" get to send these out? It would've made a lot more sense if it was just Rashid's friend sending out a few of the pieces to strong warriors to keep safe like Rashid to make her character more than "girl who dies in first ten seconds"

The only good parts of the story are FANG and Zangief. Rashid was alright but he did too much stupid Jap slapstick garbage, even if his actual storyline was pretty good.

At least I got 40k FM out of it, I guess?
>>
>>345107147
The way they ended Bison was a bit lame to be honest.
>>
Explain what you did and didn't like about each of the characters and their story arcs.

Alex
Balrog
Birdie
Cammy White
Charlie Nash
Chun-Li
Dhalsim
F.A.N.G
Guile
Ibuki
Juri Han
Karin Kanzuki
Ken Masters
Laura Matsuda
M. Bison
Necalli
R. Mika
Rashid
Ryu
Urien
Vega
Zangief
>>
>>345107147
They look like clay scluptures
>>
>>345109053
True Story man I feel your pain just reading this.
>>
>>345107147
I liked it because as >>345107257 it was a comedy sketch instead of passing as a serious story like other FGs

FANG, Zangief and Rashid were perfect and stole the story mode.
>>
>>345107928
MKX Story mode was not that. the MK9 one was super fucking dope, but it was basically a nostalgia fest.

MKX was filled with the Mary Sue OC donuts team doing everything, while Netherrealm jobs like Hell to them.

In that regard, SFV was way better, because at least it didn't take itself too seriously, and gave you some time with most everybody, though it does drop the ball on a few characters, like >>345107441 said.
>>
>>345109053
>>Ryu controls the Satsui no Hado offscreen, not given any context or information about it
didn't gouken fix him before?
>>345109053
>>Alex is totally worthless in the storyline, just there for a chess piece
This is good since he not meant to meet anyone that was in SF3
>>
>>345109053
>Did he fly like a bird?
Yeah, its kinda his critical art. You would know if you have played the game.
>>
>>345109053
>>Juri drives Cammy from Brazil to England on a fucking motorbike

That was just fucking stupid and no one on Youtube call out that part in the comment section.
>>
>>345107790
>Guile
It's crazy to me how he is there at the end with everybody, but just fucking stands there and does nothing. Even when Nash dies, he just says:
>. . . Yeah . . .

Chun-Li at least saves a little girl. Guile kinda' disappears in between, while Ryu trained off-screen and became a magic hobo.
>>
>>345109581
MKX was shit. MK9 was fine just because they went crazy with the original storylines.
>>
>>345109804
>>Chun-Li at least saves a little girl.
Strongest woman in the world my ass , all she did was say thank you and let other people handle her business.
>>Even when Nash dies, he just says:
>. . . Yeah . . .
this made me so mad , all Guile wanted to do since the beginning of street fighter 2 is avenge his fallen comrade but he doesn't even react when he sees Nash standing right in front of him after all those years and just acts like nothing happened.
>>
>>345107147
Other than the weird modelling of Ken's face (and maybe Ibuki's too) , SFV has a top notch art style.

The face expressions, the simple and iconic designs, the shaders, the lightning, the particle effects, the clay style characters.

Its so easy to watch and read the game. On the other side, KI is a fucking clusterfuck. I maxed it out on PC and I still cant figure what the fuck happens in certain characters costumes like Spinal or Jago's pants. It feels so cluttered, all colors desaturated. Sure its a great game, but god fuck those ugly graphics, art style and design....
>>
>>345110179
Real men dont need words. Everything was said and done when they held hands in the helicopter.
>>
>>345107946

Ryu was never really the protagonist in most of the SF stories. He was basically an autistic karate man that showed up sometimes.
>>
>>345107147
Disliked, that she was even stupider than I ever thought it would be.
>>
>>345107441
Don't forget Gief saving the day and blocking the sword with his muscles
>>
>>345107147
It was fun and mostly what I expected, a bit easy and wish it was 2 rounds though.
>>
>>345107257
This

It was so goofy
Rashid is a pedo.
>>
Chun did get her shit pushed in and was useless
>>
>Rashid spends the entire game referring to his friend as "my friend," as if her actual name would be a huge reveal
>>
>lol xD comedy sketch
>it's so good it's bad!

Need to be above the age of 18 to post here my children

>>345111191
well that is how people talk
>>
>>345109295
Can't believe I'm going to do this:

>Alex
I thought he was fine. He is really a background character at this point in time, and that's the way it should be. We know a little bit more about him as a result and that's fine.
>Balrog
I like the whole thing with him and the kid. He's characterized with implicit motive, which makes him not seem like an incompetent baboon, especially when he just fucks off at the end, because ultimately there was nothing for him to gain anymore. The kid and him have a interesting relationship, but I wanted a little more resolution to that, like the kid hinting at some greater power now that bison is gone or something. Nothing overt.
>Birdie
He was just some muscle, and benign at that, but it worked, and was funny from time to time. His interactions with the dolls was great.
>Cammy White
Pretty forced, but was accurate to her motives. Good to see them address the notion that she is a clone. Could have been handled more gracefully by a wide margin.
>Charlie Nash
He has a good arc: realizing his revenge is a tool of his benefactors, and that he should really be dead, and ultimately accepting that. It's a shame that they didn't allow him to have any affect on Bison whatsoever. At least showing him battle damaged, or unable to draw more Psycho power would have at least brought meaning, but instead they fucked it.
>Chun-Li
Job city. Mother thing could have made a little more sense for her if they explored it just a bit more
>Dhalsim
Inoffensive, but he is basically just all powerful yoga man.
>F.A.N.G
Well animated, and both English and Japanese performances are great. He should have died when he fell in that lava. Capcom just making more shit meaningless.
>Guile
He is literally at every major event, but never actually participates in any of it, even the very last event, when Charlie blows up for good.
Cont.
>>
>>345111316

No one refers to their friend as "my friend" 50 fucking times, even when alone. That is not how people talk.
>>
>>345107268
>bleh
Meh weh fweh fueh eeeeehhhhhhhhhh
What the fuck are you saying?
>>
>>345111316
Better than pure shit plots like other FGs. Or videogames in general.

At least it succeeded being a comedy sketch. The rest just failed being a serious story.

I bet you are one of those morons that think that Bioshock Infinite, TLOU, Uncharted and Tomb Raider had great plots.
>>
>>345111513
people from the middle east do yo
>>
>>345111620

There is so much wrong with what you just said.
>>
>>345111513
People also dont present themselves as "Mike Smith of the turbulent wind" 50 times.

I guess if you wanted a Shakespearean story you should try other games than SF.
>>
Fighting games should never have a story or story mode in the first place. Look at how sf4 was, that is all you need, but instead we get this dumbshit like in sfv and mkx.

>>345111710
ya habibi, but you are probably a dumb american, you ignorance is explained then
>>
It was a fun distraction. I was expecting some things to go differently and make more sense, but

>Capcom Storytelling

My biggest complaints are Ryu just conquering the Satsui no Hado without so much as a montage, Necalli adding literally nothing to the story, and Nash Chiaotzu/Nash Chiaotzu not turning Bison into Shin Bison (aka the fucking story mode costume that he never appears in otherwise).
>>
>>345111710
Prove it, my brother.
>>
>>345111770
>that is how people talk
>no it isn't
>no one also refers to themselves by their moniker 50 times

Glad we agree. Expecting basic writing conventions =/= wanting shakespeare.
>>
>>345107147
I wonder if Capcom has anything planned for Gill since there are rumors flying around that there could be more stories to come.
>>
File: Elephant Mika.png (716 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Elephant Mika.png
716 KB, 854x480
>>345109295

>R. Mika
R. Mika canonically CONFIRMED to have a face that is stronger than an elephant.

Also her and Ibuki's comic relief was the only shit that actually worked for me. Rashid's stuff was balls.
>>
>>345111324
Cont.:

>Ibuki
She was on the scene, but was kind of just there to be window dressing, which is fine. Her story should be in SF3.
>Juri Han
Juri was very aloof, which is always her character, but it's just a static representation. No arc, or anything interesting.
>Karin Kanzuki
She seems to be some fighting Goddess Mary Sue, who can do no wrong, or have wrong done to her. It's fine, just static, and uninteresting.
>Ken Masters
It was good to see his kid, and I liked that he showed sides of maturing and taking responsibility and roles of leadership. It was good for him.
>Laura Matsuda
Basically whatever. She was just a personality so thatthey could have some weird girl, in the way that Birdie is the weird guy.
>M. Bison
He was basically just evil, with no motivation. Went out with a bit of a whimper, though I did like the effect of the Hadou cracking his stuff. Again, though, Capcom cheated by obscuring his death with FANG.
>Necalli
Garbage character with all the talk, and same in the story when he is basically a strength maguffin that jobs to everyone so that he doesn't actually devour-our-our anyone. Shame, because mechanically he's kind of interesting. His role would have been better suited with Akuma seeking out strength and greater power
>R. Mika
Like Ibuki, she was for flavor, which is fine, but I would have loved to see where the Hell Nadisico was, even if it was just hiding behind corners in the background of cutscenes.
>Rashid
I guess he's the main character. He had an arc, it was filled, and it was fine. There was certainly a lot of depth to his character, and I wasn't expecting that from him, so it was appreciated.
>Ryu
I would rather have seen Guile defeat Bison at the end. It would have made more sense considering the rest of the story. I feel like Ryu had so little connection to anyone other than Ken.

Cont.
>>
>>345112353
Cont.:

>Urien
His English VA really sucks, but I liked his ominous presence in the story. I didn't need more than that.
>Vega
He had a little bit of depth, and they didn't overplay their hand with it. It mad him more than just a vain caricature, which was nice, and he actually seemed dangerous.
>Zangief
Best Character in the whole damn game.

So to sum up, they need like a Story PArt 2 where they wrap up some stuff and actually lead some of the SFIII characters into their arcs of that game, or even just redo the story of that game with them.

I still enjoyed it, but it was lacking due to some extremely questionable decisions in character focus, and then an unwillingness to commit to finality (FANG and Bison)
>>
>International terrorist organisation bringing the world to its knees
>US military decides to recruit a random martial art promoter from Brazil, a japanese and a russian professional wrestler etc.
>The dolls are literally the most retarded things on the planet. Essentially just the village people.
>Necalli jobbing at everything
>Nash achieves nothing

Nah it was fucking stupid but at least I got taste of Urien.
>>
It was useless. Capcom are retarded for going the NRS way.
>>
>>345110607
I like at the moments like that, and when he tosses him the dog tags, and I do think that he is doing some sort of restrained reverence to Nash. There's probably a whole lot fo emotion going on in him, especially after he sees his friend so fucked up. He reacts in disbelief when he fights him in New York the first time after getting beat up:
>"You're not-!"
Like no one but Nash could beat me like that, but you're not anything like him.

Then at the end when he just goes:
> . . . Yeah . . .
He has those thick aviators on, and all I can imagine is that behind them, his eyes are welled up with tears.

I can image that Guile is deeply complex and troubled about his friend, but puts up a hard front for everyone else so that he can support them and get the job done right, but I think I really am just imagining. I just dob't think they pulled it off just right. Like one more thing with the two of them would have really sealed it.
>>
>>345111513
Indians, Pakis, and middle easterners talk like that in English.
>>
>>345107441
>FANG was so over the top schloky evil it was enjoyable. Like Palpatine in the prequels.

I'd say the same about Bison but he barely shows up until the end and all he does is prattle on about "MUH PSYCHO POWER"
>>
File: 1461032960164.png (843 KB, 1036x1036) Image search: [Google]
1461032960164.png
843 KB, 1036x1036
>>345112353
After his initial story I figured Rashid would be important somehow, which made me happy cause he was my favorite newcomer by far. His arc was so goddamn satisfying at the climax
>>
>>345113457
>Literally le wacky arab tumblr approved character.
He's so safe he beomes stale as fuck.
>>
File: 1460946152990.jpg (57 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
1460946152990.jpg
57 KB, 500x403
>>345112745
>>
>>345107147
It was retarded but the intereactions were enjoyable.

They had good characters die for no reason just for the evil guy to walk out unharmed multiple times. How the fuck does FANG fall into lava and survive while also being strong enough to fight?

They had retarded battles where you beat the character but it ends in a cutscene where you end up losing ayway.
>>
File: Peter.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
Peter.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1090
>>345107147
Peter was the real star of the Story.
>>
it was fine. but the dolls really is what made it great for me.
>>
Kinda sad that Project X Zone 2 wrote a better Ryu vs Bison fight and story, shows you want Capcom fucking knows and how other companies can do better with their characters.
>>
I think the cinematography was Star Wars prequel-tier bland, it's a dayum shame that the story didn't spend time on any of the characters to flesh them out (the way it handled Charlie and Necalli, or more precisely how it DIDN'T handle them is appalling), and when the story DID focus on one character, it was beyond retarded, like with Cammy. Capcom also can't utilise the technology at their disposal for seamless transitions between cinematics and gameplay like Tekken 7. The story is also paper thin and characters sometimes just act dumb for plot convenience's sake.

The good thing about the story mode is that it probably made the world more aware of the dolls than ever, and the plot has finally closed the Street Fighter II chapter for good. If it moves on, we will probably get a complete Street Fighter III story. And then maybe the story can move even past THAT.

But what's ultimately good about is that now that Capcom have fullfilled their obligations, they are in no hurry to make the next chapter now. They can actually learn how to ise Unreal Engine 4 properly. And hire some decent writers. And just add further tertiary aingle player content to the game.

Capcom can take a breather now. That will be the best for everybody.
>>
>>345114427
I only want another comedy sketch for part 2. And I want SF3 plot for part 2, and Post SF3 for part 3.

I guess we all have different tastes.
>>
>>345107147
Hey /v/ I'm interested to sf5 story mode but I don't want to play online since i'm a scrub and don't have the time to gitgud. Should I buy the game or watch the story mode on youtube?
>>
>>345114748
Watch it on YouTube.
>>
Why are people saying Rashid is wacky and crazy? He is normal compared to most of the cast, just makes jokes every now and then
>>
>>345107832
It's like a wrestling show. Most of the card is filled with low carders and midcarders and you won't get to the main event until at the very end.
>>
>>345114943
....Master...
>>
>>345111614
The...

Edge...
>>
What is with the 1.6GB update today?
>>
Why don't people realise that Charlie used the last bit of his power to destroy Bison from the inside? Ryo had shit to do with Bison's death.

Now why Bison was smiling before he was shattered into butterflies, that's interesting.
>>
>>345112714
Hey, we're talking about an evil dictator and his cronies who leave the controls to their master plan completely ungarded and son't even thinking about checking on them even during the middle of an enemy invasion.
>>
>>345115779
the dlc
>>
File: Thailand Ho.jpg (276 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Thailand Ho.jpg
276 KB, 1280x960
>>345115779

Probably getting the new shit loaded in early.

So far it seems like M. Bison's SF2 stage and SF3 costumes for Alex and Ibuki.
>>
File: CnbFZjZUsAEn6AY.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CnbFZjZUsAEn6AY.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI2bHjsbpoc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>345113562
It's a japanese game. They don't have to worry about sand niggers. So they have no hangups about them.
>>
https://twitter.com/BornFreeTweets/status/754008793957052418
>>
File: Ibuki Alex Nostalgia.jpg (246 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Ibuki Alex Nostalgia.jpg
246 KB, 1280x960
>>345116260

For as compressed and shitty as these pictures are, I can already tell his hair looks a fucking million times better.
>>
File: bkub GOOD SHIT.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
bkub GOOD SHIT.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>345116442

>Wrestling Ring Stage
>Russia Bear is back

Would've prefer CWF to CPT, but I'll fucking take it.
>>
>>345116260
>>345116493
>Bomber Jacket

Y E S
E
S

YES
E
S

This is the only costume I wanted and Capcom are delivering
>>
>>345115407
>Muh cinematic gamemovies
>>
>>345117941
>Muh memes

Fuck off.
>>
>>345107147
RRRAAAASSSSHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1467404301025.jpg (436 KB, 850x1301) Image search: [Google]
1467404301025.jpg
436 KB, 850x1301
But seriously though, do Laura and Sean have a normal bro/sis relationship? I mean, I get the idea of doting on your younger siblings because you still see them as babies, but Sean only looks a couple years younger than Laura.

Also she beat Ken's ass in front of Sean, I'm surprised he still wants to train with Ken.
>>
Coming from someone with a pretty high tolerance for garbage, the story mode in this game was just unbearably shit. Ryu overcoming the Satsui no Hado with nothing leading up to it, Necalli being a retarded jobber monkey, Nash blowing himself up for no reason whatsoever, the almighty Bison getting taken out with a single move, Rashid's over-the-top comedy routines, Cammy's sister randomly coming to her senses. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other points but I mean c'mon. It felt like the entire thing was written by a teenager.
>>
>>345111191
this bothered me, too. They kept it ambiguous, not even using "she". If it's just gonna be some unseen chick, go ahead and refer to her like a normal person would.
>>
>>345112570
pretty good run-down, my dude. I agree that I kinda want a part 2, which is strange. Each character already got an individual storyline, and then the big cinematic one, and there's still loose ends and unexplained nonsense? wtf capcom
>>
>nash died for nothing!
Did you not notice how Bison didn't get to start with full super and v-trigger after Nash blows up? He didn't kill him, but he weakened him so Ryu could finish the job.
>>
File: SFV - Story - A Shadow Falls.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SFV - Story - A Shadow Falls.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>345120458
>Bison didn't get to start with full super and v-trigger
>he weakened him

Except you know... you're full of it.
>>
>>345121308
the fuck? I swear that was how it was for me.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.