[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is it acceptable to save state?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 193956-38273-cropped.jpg (31 KB, 1000x320) Image search: [Google]
193956-38273-cropped.jpg
31 KB, 1000x320
When is it acceptable to save state?
>>
When you are going to reload for something rng anyway.
>>
>>345105948
never
>>
skill at video games are not an acceptable replacement for any other form of achievement

even a casual attitude towards other goals is more important that a perfect performance in a game

no one will ever celebrate your skill at a video game, and if they do they are mentally ill, and you are insane for taking their opinion seriously

so it is always acceptable to save state

just like it's always acceptable to play on easiest mode, since desiring to play on easiest mode is extremely strong evidence that you are not enjoying the game that much
>>
>>345105948
laziness
>>
For the flinging asshole in mario sunshine
>>
>>345105948
Always, not using them is a self impossed challenge.
>>
>>345105948
I used save states in Tales of the Abyss to replay boss fights I enjoyed but you can't fight again after you beat it.

Made like 10 different save states in PCSX2.
>>
In places where the games gives you passwords like in between stages in mega man.

When you're practicing a specific part of a game for speed run/no death/ no hit run
>>
I used to use them to save my progress in games without a save system.
>>
>>345105948
When you're playing an old game where they don't show you what stats are upgraded with new equipment and you only have enough to buy a few.
>>
File: 363440_2015-11-07_00006.png (90 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
363440_2015-11-07_00006.png
90 KB, 1920x1080
This is when it is acceptable to save state
>>
>>345105948
Whenever you want

It's a videogame
>>
Always. No one cares if you're good at games or not.

Though. I'd you're just save scumming you're way through, you'd be better off just watching a longplay.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.