[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has there ever been a game with worse combat? >super-advanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: mass-effect.jpg (218 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect.jpg
218 KB, 1600x1200
has there ever been a game with worse combat?

>super-advanced future technology
>weapons more innacurate than XVII century muskets
>weapons overheat after a couple of shots
>>
the game was rushed/unfinished in many regards. i blame the EA takeover at the time which happened like one month before release

originally i believe they planned to expand it a lot more via DLC (like legit content and not horse armor) but EA changed the plans
>>
The game practically aims itself at anything below hard difficulty how was this ever a problem for you?!
>>
I really didn't give a shit about combat in Mass Effect 1. It was perfectly serviceable for a story driven game. That's what I cared about.
Then shit happened.
>>
>>345104076
I never noticed Garrus had such attractive hips. Mmmm, would almost make me gay.
>>
ME3 was deeply flawed beyond the ending.

I like to pretend that it never existed and all we got was a multiplayer beta before Bioware was dissolved. It saves me a bit of frustration. With the direction the series and the dev has taken.
>>
>>345104428
I cant even try to give a chance if i wanted because of all the social justice faggotry Bioware is pushing we will get another cringeworthy steve moment only this time its his pan sexual trans species wife who identifies as a mass relay that died
>>
>>345104076

Yes, Mass Effect 2 and 3.
>>
>>345104076

>I have never played an RPG

I bet if this faggot were playing Deus Ex he'd start complaining about how imprecise all the guns are.
Upgrade skills, dumbass.
>>
>>345104667
>hating on the manguard gameplay in ME2
>>
>>345104667
both of those massively improved the gameplay of a first one
>>
>>345104747
I don't understand how this justifies this
I would prefer a turn based combat than this clunky, unresponsive bullshit
>>
>>345104076
the combat was fine and guns had pinpoint accuracy and manageable overheating unless you sprayed everywhere with explosive mod

furthermore there is a LORE RELATED reason as to why weapons overheat, you fucking scrublet

I bet you play on the 360/ps3 and complain about mako controls as well
>>
File: 1402259959291.gif (35 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1402259959291.gif
35 KB, 200x150
>>345104769
>charging and tearing down an entire enemy squad with a krogan shotgun while using reload cancel
The only thing ME2 vanguard lacked is melee abilities.
>>
>>345104864

again, you clearly don't understand the point of an RPG. Stick to Gears of War, casual.
>>
>>345104747
I wish they wouldn't have gone with the cardboard cutout RPG tropes. Especially with how the universe and especially Shep was presented. Which was just jarring, when the gameplay started.
They could've broken new ground, but...I suppose there wasn't enough budget for such a thing.
>>
>>345104076
inaccurate? what do you mean by that? i've never had a problem with accuracy in this game. overheating is a problem early on, but that can easily be fixed with the right weapon mods. if you are referring to the sniper rifles, you need to level up your skill before they stop swaying.
>>
>>345104076
In real life, a machine gun or pistol won't be able to fire more than a few dozen rounds really quickly without the barrel completely warping.

Their technology was a gun that fired nearly infinitely, without needing to reload or with any risk of running out of ammo. It was a huge innovation. Quit your bitching.
>>
File: header[1].jpg_t=1449019604.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg_t=1449019604.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
>>345104076
>has there ever been a game with worse combat

Yes, plenty in fact, pic rel for a start. Me1 combat is also perfectly fine, nothing special but fine
>>
Git good. I have the plat. Was easy as fuck. There is nothing wrong with it. You just suck at it.
>>
>>345104417
https://static1.e621.net/data/1f/51/1f515fcd060e9d0326cde6a743394ad7.webm
>>
>>345104076

People seriously exagerate how bad the combat in ME1 is.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.