[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was looking through my steam library and just realized I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Tomb_Raider_-_Underworld.png (196 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Raider_-_Underworld.png
196 KB, 300x377
So I was looking through my steam library and just realized I had this game, must have been in some humble bundle or something one time.

The only other Tomb Raider game I've ever played was like two or three for the PS1.

How is Tomb Raider Underworld? Should I give it a download?
>>
Fun
>>
>>345103292
It's pretty alright, but it's the worst entry of the Crystal Dynamics reboot Trilogy.

Also it's a sequel to Tomb Raider Legend, so you may lose a couple of plot points.

I'd rather suggest playing Anniversary or Legend first.
>>
File: lararun.webm (3 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
lararun.webm
3 MB, 1080x608
>>345103292
Time to start playing, OP
>>
>>345103691
>Anniversary or Legend
Are they the same game but one is a rerelease or something?

Is this a different series than those new ones with Feminism Laura and her being a pussy bitch about killing people in cutscenes like so many modern games do to make ti so the protagonist doesn't look like a murderous freak?
>>
>>345103292
The combat sucks, but the exploration and platforming are well done.
>>
>>345103854
Anniversary is a remake of the original Tomb Raider, but it ties in with the CD trilogy.

Yes - this was the original Crystal Dynamics reboot trilogy before the latest reboot in 2013.
>>
File: Baby-Fark_McGeezax.jpg (18 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Fark_McGeezax.jpg
18 KB, 450x373
>>345103854
I have an extra copy of aniversary that I bought by accident in last years winter sale if you want it anon?
it is the remake of the original tomb raider, bretty good. Though not as good as the reboot imo.
>>
>>345104372
I mean if you don't have anyone else to give it to, it would be nice.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/comrade_dispenser/

I really liked the old PS1 games, the new ones close?
>>
The Legend trilogy is the best trilogy. Underworld is 2nd to Anniversary, which is the best Tomb Raider game. Give it a try, OP
>>
>>345103821
>no splash or ripples when she runs through puddles of water
this shit really bothers me
>>
>>345105002
it's a 1 on 1 remake I think just better graphice etc. I didn't like tomb raider when the originals were out o I can't remember what the game was like.

I been waiting to give it away desu, I bought 2 copies by accident and it has been in my inventory since last xmas.
ill try add you now and gift it. might take a few days because I don't have steam authenticator on my phone.

my name is stinkyremy on steam ill try find you now
>>
>>345105304
>The Legend trilogy is the best trilogy.
Core games are best LAU isn't that good it just has better mechanics but they took all the stupid shit from the movies and made it canon.
>>
>>345105464
So it should play Anniversary then Legend then Underworld then whatever the next is?
>>
>>345106046
yes dummy
>>
>>345106046
idk desu desu

anniversary is the first in the story but who plays tomb raider for the story anyway.
I've only played anniversary, legend the reboot and, 3 and one on the PS2. legend and the reboot were really good. the anniversary was OK
>>
>>345105546
>hey took all the stupid shit from the movies and made it canon.

Like what? I can't recall any.
>>
>>345103292
Pretty good - solid 7/10.
Terrible plot, but that's business as usual for Tomb Raider.
>>
>>345106693
They softened her character massively so she wasn't the stone cold bitch from the first three games, and imported all the "Muh parents"/daddy issues from the movies.
>>
>>345106908
That's a continuation from Legends and Anniversary, it wasn't just in Underworld. But all things considered, she was still a stone cold bitch in all 3 of these games, even to her friends and butler.
>>
>>345107016
She didn't have real friends in the first three games, and she never communicated with the Butler over radio. Her mansion didn't have a high-tech data centre. These are all imports from the movies.
>>
>>345106693
Gave her parents issues which persist into the reboot, stupid assistants who live in Croft Manor constantly giving Lara intel killing the isolated feel of the originals, make her more empathetic female james bonde instead of a stoic loner character who doesn't give a fuck when she kills someone.
>>
>>345107187
I know, but apart from the annoying Brit dude, the negro and butler were alright. It's not like they were constant voices in your head that chattered non-stop.

>>345107265
She still didn't give a fuck when she killed anyone in Legends, Anniversary or Underworld. It's only in the reboot that she did.

I can see now the differences that the other anon meant but I guess they never bothered me as much as the reboot did. The reboot made way too much change and wasn't even consistent within its own game.
>>
>>345107809
I'm not criticising it, I'm just saying those were things they introduced in the first rebooted universe that weren't in the original games.
>>
>>345103821
that is a really, really nice butt
>>
>>345108720
>>
>>345109169
this looks too big
>>
>>345105324
more like the ground is wet and not really a puddle
>>
>>345109534
nah you can clearly see a water surface on it, there should be some splashes
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.