[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Tree of Saviour worth playing? I remember everyone hyping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15
File: tos2.jpg (687 KB, 1099x824) Image search: [Google]
tos2.jpg
687 KB, 1099x824
Is Tree of Saviour worth playing? I remember everyone hyping the shit out of this when it was about to come out but I couldn't play at the time. Now I have my pc back and am wondering if it's worth getting into. I love grindy korean shite like Maplestory if it helps.
>>
>>345103125
i think it burnt a lot of people when it just turned into a fairly mediocre grindfest
>>
>>345103125
everyone was looking for the next ro

[spoilers] which was also a mediocre grindfest but existed in a time where it wasnt oversaturated genre [/spoiler]
>>
>>345103278
people wanted a grindfest, have gotten a quest corridor until he very highest of levels
>>
>>345103358
like ro
>>
>>345103442
ro just used to be a grindfest, quests were for unlocking areas and hats
>>
>>345103637
>Theres too much content in my video game
>>
>>345103702
what? people wanted to grind and not walk along corridors and do each and every quest, grinding is literally not viable until lvl 200 or so
>>
>>345103125
to be honest it had potential, but the useless classes and skill, the eternal cooldown, the AI and the pay2win kill it. maybe in the future they would fix it. or when private servers appear..
>>
>>345103803
Worth playing though? or any similar mmo's?
>>
>>345103125
The game is awful and goes out of its way to piss you off and make you not want to play straight down to the bullshit retarded naming system for your characters.
>>
>>345103702
>quests
>content
Typical post-WoW babby.

Freely grinding exp/h or itemdrop/h and maximizing those, while juggling allies and enemies in the same maps, fighting in the guild dungeon and farming mats is more content than any quests will ever give you.

Quests are not content, they are an excuse to get you from point A to point B repeatedly. If you actually measured the time spent doing all the activities in a quest-based MMO, you'd realize it's 95% (auto)walking.

Great game design you got there champ.
>>
>>345104439
>Auto walking is for babies
>Auto combat is for real gamers like myself
>>
>>345103803
It cannot be fixed. The game is not made with guild-wide activities in mind. Most of the netcode should have to be rewritten from scratch.

And just like with D3, they aren't going to re-write a game for just a patch, and it's why pvp never properly happened.

It's a complete trainwreck. They fell for the early access founder's pack ploy and realized they would get 90% of the profits in the first 3 months, so they have no reason to spend major efforts fixing now. They will eventually release a new early access game down the line.
>>
>>345103125
The developers refused to listen to people who said the game was too easy. Do it died. There was no thought or challenge required for anything.
>>
let me tell you op, i was never more hyped about a game EVER in my life. the night it came out i had organized a party with my old ro friends, turned out to be the biggest dissapointment ever.

its like a caricature of ro.
>>
>>345103125
No, it's shit. It's a grinding game with absolutely none of the design considerations that made the grind in RO fun.
>>
File: NECRO3 IS GO.png (366 KB, 1057x438) Image search: [Google]
NECRO3 IS GO.png
366 KB, 1057x438
>>345103125

It's more like an ARPG than an MMO

Build-crafting is pretty fun. The Class diversity and representation is pretty fantastic, it's like Final Fantasy Tactics level of class choices. Uniqueness in class design is also strength of the game.

Server issues and technical specs are pretty piss poor though.

New Rank8 classes just got announced, getting ready for another round of theorycrafting.
>>
>>345105216
Class builds mean fucking nothing when only the few best ones matter and the rest are considered shit.
>>
>>345105342

There are multiple class builds for multiple aspects of the game, and its highly dependent on party composition as well.

For example you can run a meme build like Ele3, CryoroChrono to clear ET to floor 5. You can also clear just as effectively if you centered around your party using a Linker3 and having single-target damage like Fletcher3 or Musketeer.

If we just talk about people who go lone wolf kiroto, then yes obviously some builds are better than others. However if party composition is taken into account, builds can become extremely robust with new synergies popping up all the time.
>>
>>345104725
>They will eventually release a new early access game down the line
RO 2 for the third time?
>>
>>345105667
>
For example you can run a meme build like Ele3, CryoroChrono to clear ET to floor 5. You can also clear just as effectively if you centered around your party using a Linker3 and having single-target damage like Fletcher3 or Musketeer.

All of those are meme builds. Nothing creative is actually viable.
>>
File: 1462738625704.jpg (262 KB, 590x714) Image search: [Google]
1462738625704.jpg
262 KB, 590x714
People wanted a non linear grindfest. A game where you have multiple options to grind. A game where progression doesn't feel tied to a path marked by quests. When we said we wanted RO, that was what we meant.

What we got was a quest-based themepark, even though the devs said they'd make monster farming viable. You follow the quests which in turns makes you go from map to map in an order arbitrarily decided by devs. Killing monsters is absolutely pointless if you have no quest that requires killing them. You don't give a flying fuck about the area you are in or the monsters because you're just here to complete a quest and move on. The only good thing is exp cards make it so you can slow down while waiting for your friends to catch up or you can save them if you're already overleveled.

I don't get this game design pattern. It makes all the assets you've created useless after players are done with the quests in that area. Quest-based leveling also severly limits the things your players can do. Nobody even reads the quests so why even put them there? Let your players go wherever the fuck they want. Let players take advantage of what you've created instead of telling them "NO, you should only be there because that's the only useful part of the map, the one where the quest happens".
>>
>>345105837

Krivis3 SR2 recently cleared floor 20 of ET.

Necromancer2 Decay+Lethargy support can make Sapper2 pretty much solo the first 10 floors of ET.

Seriously get creative and you can throw a team together to try anything.

And this is only ET we're talking about. There's a whole spectrum of other builds for GvG, Arena, Farming, and World Bossing as well.
>>
ITT: A lot of people who never reached level 200 giving misinformed opinions.

Just give the game a go, maybe you'll like it or hate it, who knows. You won't have anything to lose and you sound like you're bored enough that you have time to kill.
>>
>>345105216
Wont deny it's an excellent concept but far balanced or well implemented, you can't even try the skills since there are no way of resetting them, so you can't even experiment and have to rely on other people build/experiences.

The skills have terrible fucking shit scaling at higher levels, some become useless later. Like the oblique shot of the archer, at level 5 it consumes twice as much mana than level 1, but it only deals 100 more damage. So basically at higher levels, Oblique shoot level 1 deals 700 damage and at level 5 it deals 800 total damage, there goes 4 skill points to the trash.
>>
>>345106256
ITT: A lot of people who gave the game a go during the beta and got boded and disappointed.

fix'd
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (571 KB, 590x714) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
571 KB, 590x714
>>345105903
>tfw not enough room for keanu
>>
>>345106419

I mean half the fun is that I have to talk extensively with other people I meet in dungeons, missions, or just out in the field or in cities about how their build plays, what skills are good, etc.

If I meet an archer who has ranks in a class I've never played before, it brings up a conversation about what's good about it, what is it effective at, what could you mix and match with other builds to make it better, etc.
>>
>>345106020
Nothing outside of the meta is worth building. There are specific skills that are worth getting and specific skills that are not worth getting.

You literally can not make a build themed the way you want to make one, say for like, role-playing purposes, and actually have it be good.

You have to follow the strict meta as to what's actually good or end up with a shit character.

That makes the game shit.
>>
>>345106647

You're just shit at the game desu senpai.
>>
>>345106558
I don't want a magical switch to reset all my mistakes either but I'd like something gradual at least. Why not a quest where the reward is relocating 3 skill points? it's a start. I've made too much mistakes to the point the character is unplayable.
>>
>>345106813
>you're just shit at the game
>because you don't like that the entire game revolves around building your character a specific way or ending up with a shit character

No, your game is what's shit. Good thing it's dying like it deserves to for being shit.
>>
>>345106813
>points design flaws
>"g-git gud!"
Fanboi please.
>>
>>345106945

You sound like you just want to play some homogenized class shit like Wildstar or Guild Wars 2, which is exact opposite of what this game is suppose to be.
>>
>>345107102
What's the point of making builds possible when only a small number of builds are actually worth building?

It really defeats the entire purpose of even allowing it in the first place.
>>
File: 1393117179127.jpg (43 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
1393117179127.jpg
43 KB, 354x354
>>345107102
People usually like when the classes are viable, at least a 50% of them.

How's the founders pack buyers remorse?
>>
>>345107248

Because it's not a small number like you keep claiming it to be. What you do is pick a core functionality for what your class wants to do and you build around that, how the fuck can you not understand this basic concept? Every class is specialized for something, not every class is going to be viable for everything.

>>345107301

Well over 70% of the classes in this game are viable for at least specific apsects, but you can't just throw together a hodgepodge of bullshit and claim it should be viable. It's like traditional deck building, your build has to synergize with each other.

I swear you fucktards just look at memeguides and think "hurr durr only these classes are viable and worth playing" and you never consider what other alternatives there could possibly be.
>>
File: burn.png (708 KB, 1808x1018) Image search: [Google]
burn.png
708 KB, 1808x1018
>tfw the only good thing about ToS was the music
>>
>>345107598
>Because it's not a small number like you keep claiming it to be.

It is. It's a pathetically small number compared to all of the actual possibilities that exist.
>>
>>345103125
I stopped playing because the controls were just fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1466786627834.gif (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1466786627834.gif
67 KB, 600x400
>>345103125
Its shit, monsters do 0000000000000000 FUCKING DAMAGE, EVEN BOSSES DO NO DAMAGE.

I REMEMBER DYING LIKE A BITCH ON RAGNAROK IF I DIDN'T REMEMBER TO GULP ON POTIONS.

BUT ON TOS THERE IS NO DANGER, YOU'RE GOD.

Fuck man, what a disappointment.
>>
>>345103702
>Theres too much locked content, railroading, and forced questing in my game.
>>
>>345107708

If every class is viable for everything then what's the fucking purpose of having different classes in the first place? Guild Wars 2 did that shit and every profession in that game just feels like a reskin of a shitty DPS class.

Meanwhile you have classes in this game that specialize in full support, full CC, full PvP, full single target dps, full aoe dps, full survivability, crafting, or a hybrid of all of the above.
>>
File: 30303172.png (872 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
30303172.png
872 KB, 768x1024
>>345107598
>I swear you fucktards just look at memeguides

I was hyped as fuck and following the game since it was project R1, then I tried at least 5 builds during the beta and realized how broken and bad is the game's system. But whatever floats you boat.
>>
File: IMC games.jpg (500 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMC games.jpg
500 KB, 768x1024
>Tree of Savior

Most disappointing MMO in a long time
>>
>>345107979
>the fps counter in the bottom corner

lel
>>
File: 1449523491074.png (527 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449523491074.png
527 KB, 600x600
>>345108162
it's the little details sometimes
>>
File: 1468024086410.jpg (41 KB, 215x324) Image search: [Google]
1468024086410.jpg
41 KB, 215x324
>>345107598
Nigger, I looked at all those memeguides and said fuck that shit.
I then proceeded to go Bokor and was greeted with one of the most unfun experiences I've have had in a game.
>>
You guys need to stop comparing all classes to frost cloud, quick cast, and magic arrow. Those skills are horribly broken and even the devs know it, outside those skills the game is fairly balanced.
>>
You know what also sucks about this game?

Besides shit like $30 cash shop only hairstyles?

The player characters aren't even full sprites. The head is a sprite while the body is a 3D model.
>>
Yeah its alright give it a go/10
>>
File: nothing.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nothing.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>345108449
>Bokor after they were completely ruined by imc

I'm so sorry
>>
Dumped 100 bucks for those TPs

Stopped playing after a month.

I feel like a dumb broad for getting cheated on.
>>
This game is about being cute so if you want to do that then go for it.
>>
>>345107102
That's the opposite of what he's saying so this is an obvious troll
>>
You dumb fucking "muh class balance" niggers always parrot the same fucking shit in every game I've ever seen on /v/.

I don't think there's a single game you can agree on that has good class balance with diverse gameplay for each class.
>>
It's shit like this that make polished turds like FFXIV and WoW shine more brightly.
>>
>>345108528
>The player characters aren't even full sprites. The head is a sprite while the body is a 3D model.
I called this out many times before the game launched and got called a retard on /v/

I just want a shitty game where I can grind for hours upon hours to no end with friends and then do cool shit like WoE and MvP
>>
File: 1456470067180.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456470067180.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>345109072
We are talking about viability, not balance, faggot.

Nobody bitched in RO because his STR/LUK wizard was shit, but more than half of ToS classes are completely useless by themselves. Game is broken and bad designed and only a complete overhaul could fix it.
>>
>>345110201
>STR/LUK wizard was shit
I honestly wouldn't doubt that someone could make that work.

In fact I don't think there's a class outside of taekwon ranker that you can't make to do the stupidest of shit, and that's only because the class can't equip a weapon.
>>
File: 1378219374572.gif (601 KB, 275x276) Image search: [Google]
1378219374572.gif
601 KB, 275x276
>>345110827
>I honestly wouldn't doubt that someone could make that work.
Guess you could use your safety wall to avoid damage, inflict status like petrified or frozen and then hit the niggas with a carded/elemental weapon. Still retarded and subpar.

In fact, one of the flaws of RO is some of the skills (specially the wizard ones) being completely useless.

Now in ToS, most skills are useless or misleading.
>>
>>345110201

Well full STR Linker3's are a thing in ToS so there's that.
>>
>stats pretty much do one thing
booo
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.