[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in the mood for a dungeon crawler to play on my 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: resize.jpg (967 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
967 KB, 1920x1200
I'm in the mood for a dungeon crawler to play on my 3DS so I'm thinking about getting either Etrian Odyssey or Persona Q.
Which one would you recommend? Should I start with the first Etrian Odyssey on the DS or can I play the recent 3DS games without knowing the older ones? Please keep in mind that I haven't played a single Etrian Odyssey or Persona game yet.
>>
>>345100225
Download the demos for one of the 3DS Etruan Odysseys. You can start with IV, Untold Millennium Girl or Fafnir Knight, though I think the general UI and balance improvements in Fafnir Knight would make it difficult to go back to the older two.
>>
>Never played a Persona game
>Starting with Q
Just play SMT IV.
>>
Any good games of this genre on PSP?
>>
SMT4 or EO4.
EO4 is awesome. I bought it out on a whim and I'm glad I did.
Now I have it, Untold, and Untold 2.
Meanwhile I hear Persona Q is kind of a shitty blend of 3 and 4. EO does dungeon crawling better.
>>
>>345100476
>Download the demos for one of the 3DS Etruan Odysseys.
Seems like I overlooked them. I'm downloading them right now.

>>345100516
I wanted to play that, too. Too bad it didn't get a physical release in europe, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
Etrian Odyssey games are totally independent of each other. Pick any of them.

Only pick Persona Q if you're a big Persona fan who wants to be eased into Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>345100997
>I wanted to play that, too. Too bad it didn't get a physical release in europe, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, it didn't, unfortuntely. The digital version is just fine though.
>>
>>345100530

One of those 7th dragon games got a translation patch.
>>
Persona Q is made for fans of Persona games, it doesn't make sense to play it as your first Person game.
>>
File: 9834862374.gif (1019 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
9834862374.gif
1019 KB, 450x360
>>345101252
Looks rad, thanks
>>
>>345100530
Class of heroes is the only one I played and it's ok.

Skip the first one if you want to give a try.

>>345100225
Here's a guide on the etrian odyssey series:

>EO1
The first title was more like an experiment by atlus, meaning that there are lots of things that don't work. Some skills are bugged and don't work, others are bugged and are ridicolous overpowered, others have retarded multipliers like the protector's smite or the medic's staff slam, that would do MORE damage than the landsknecht, the game's warrior class. Also the endgame is infuriating without a guide, the last stratum requires as much time as the first 5 to be completed. Also exploration is not optimized at all, with no sidestep, slow walking, no autobattle vs weak enemies etc...

Overall, I liked it but I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point.

>EO2
Made exploration MUCH faster, but the rebalance of the classes was beyond retarded, and the decision to make FOEs not drop XP combined with the stupid resistances system makes this game a "exploit the most broken bullshit reading a guide or grind". Is a good game, mind you, but on the gameplay side is probably the weakest

>EO3
My personal favourite, exploration is improved, the new class system and the subclassing system feels fresh and fun, everything that was wrong in the previous games has been succesfully removed. However, breaking this game is quite easy.

>EOIV
The best starting point, feels easier than the other titles but is fun and entertaining from the start to the end. There are a couple of skill bugs, tho, watch out for those

>EOU
FAST explorations, is EO1 but better. For some reasosns they didn't use EOIV magnificent UI for this game, which has a way, way worse UI. The grimoire system is retarded.

>EOU2
EO2 with completely different maps and without its problems, with also a GOOD UI and a grimoir system that isn't shit. Objectivly the best game of the series, even tho I prefer 3.
>>
>>345101571
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.