[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 Neo Release Date leaked by Amazon as 13th of October
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: kiLU7yP.png (390 KB, 1393x546) Image search: [Google]
kiLU7yP.png
390 KB, 1393x546
Same day as PSVR.

How do you feel having to upgrade your PS4 only three years in?
>>
>Have to
nice misinfo, spic
>>
How do you feel having to upgrade your WiiU only three years in?
>>
/hyped/
>>
File: TGS16.jpg (177 KB, 646x526) Image search: [Google]
TGS16.jpg
177 KB, 646x526
>>345098297
As much as I want to call bullshit, the Tokyo Game Show is in mid-September. So anything could happen.

Still, for them to not announce it at E3, things aren't looking so good.
>>
>>345098297
I wasn't aware someone had a gun to my head forcing me to upgrade
>>
I never bought an original PS4 so I'm fine with getting a Neo.
>>
The only thing I care about is bloodborne in 60fps. They need to announce that day 1 and then it will be a day 1 buy for me.
>>
>>345098297
meh PS4 company is going to let everyone upgrade theirs next year to neo with a patch
>>
Good because I can get a Neo in time for Nier 2.
>>
>>345098624
To buy the same garbage again?
>>
>>345098297
Have they gone back to the drawing board with the specs after the Scorpio reveal?
>>
>>345099209
That's not how hardware upgrades work.
>>
>>345099324
It has to be something. They refused to give details after Scorpio's features leaked. Then after the official presentation, they really didn't want to reveal any information.
>>
>>345099380

What do you mean? Don't tell me you've been paying for physical ram and more CPU hz, anon. You can download that shit online.
>>
>>345098583
The wii u will be 4 years old on November 18th.
>>
File: 1430002778874.png (146 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
1430002778874.png
146 KB, 460x360
>>345098297
Great, the used and new ps4 prices will drop so I can finally get one.
>>
>>345101039
and it is still a colossal failure
>>
>>345098297
You forgot to mention, much like Sony has, that Neo will offer you nothing if you don't have a 4k TV.

At least Phil Spencer came forward right away and said "Don't buy the new Xbox if you don't have a 4k monitor because you won't see the difference"
>>
>>345101039

That's sad as fuck to think about. 4 years old and less than 10 games worth playing on it, and all of them will no doubt be ported to NX. Vita got abandoned within a year and still ended up with more games than Wii U.
>>
File: 1460936372340.png (206 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1460936372340.png
206 KB, 800x820
>>345101221
Aw man, this one post has suddenly invalidated the last 2 years of FUN I've had with my Wii U. :(

I should have remembered that if one cynical little bitch doesn't like something, I shouldn't like it either.
>>
>>345101383
>and less than 10 games worth playing on it

still more than the PS4, your point?
>>
>>345101461

PS4 has a similar amount of games worth playing right now and a shit ton coming up within the next year or two. Meanwhile, Wii U consoles have a dumpster to look forward to in the same timeframe.

>Inb4 you parrot the Bloodborne machine meme
>>
>>345099464
I can't wait to see what happens if they do actually reveal a console with similar or better specs than Scorpio

>Xbox BTFO!
>Get fukt microsoft, sony dominance!
>>
>>345098297
>having to upgrade

But you don't. The PS4 neo won't have exclusive games. Sure, Sony can always backtrack on that but they'd be pissing off their millions of users and I don't think they want that shit again.

Also this >>345101150
When the Neo comes out, the PS4 will most likely have a price drop. Used PS4's will also be cheaper and plentiful for those who couldn't afford a $350 regular PS4. Both the low end and high end markets are satisfied: poorfags get a used regular PS4/price dropped regular PS4, and enthusiasts and richfags get a PS4 Neo.

Microsoft will give this to Xbox users next year, but there's less incentive since Xbone "exclusives" will just be available on PC anyway with their new "Play Anywhere" thing.
>>
I'm just waiting for vanilla PS4s to drop in price. I haven't bought a new console in years senpai
>>
>>345101415
>he lets opinions of others dictate wether or not to have fun
That retarded assumption is all on you, boy. You can have fun with shit all you want and it doesn't make it wrong. It just means you enjoy shit. Not judging.
>>
>>345099464
>They refused to give details after Scorpio's features leaked
because you don't announce your console is good deal weaker than your competitor's, especially after PS4 was hyped as being tons better than XB1.
>>
>>345101708
>But they'd be pissing off their millions of users

What is PSPlus
>>
>>345098297
Seems realistic since developers are saying VR works better on NEO.
I'll be pretty happy when I can get a basic PS4 for sub-$250
>>
>>345101628
name the worthwhile exclusives which are out right now then
>>
>>345101771
I was being sarcastic anon. I figured that was obvious, but thank you for your support. I firmly believe independent thought is lacking on /v/ and it's a shame everyone here speaks in such extremes.

>i don't like something = it is trash and anyone who likes it is also trash
>>
I think it's too soon for NEO to come out with no real advertisements. That's less than 3 months away now. Even the NES thing was announced 4 months beforehand.
>>
>>345101668

>Microsoft has over a year to react
>Makes Scorpio even stronger
>NX is a close to 5TF machine as rumored
>Status quo resumes as it is now

4.14TF GPU console is the most likely scenario anyway. Shawn Layden was already claiming that power isn't the be all and end all of consoles during E3. They already have their PR ready to deflect questions regarding power.

>>345102148

Sounds like it's an Apple style launch. Announcement at TGS, launch in October.
>>
>>345102080

Why, so you can autistically dismiss them as shit (as retards like you tend to do) because it's not exclusives you care about?

In the first fucking place, who the fuck are you that I should be jumping to fulfill your every whim? Am I supposed to bend the knee to king Nin-ten-years-old, leader of the neckbeards?

Your next response will be: "See, you aren't listing it cause there aren't any".
>>
>>345102542
See, you aren't listing it cause there aren't any

have fun with bloodborne for another year though
>>
File: 36f.jpg (213 KB, 676x491) Image search: [Google]
36f.jpg
213 KB, 676x491
>>345102665

I don't even like Bloodborne, I think the Souls series is trash in general. People only latched onto it here because of the circlejerk of Demons Souls being so hard. Despite me not playing the """"""""""""only"""""""""" game on the system, I still found myself playing it far more than the Wii U. Of which only 2 games (Fatal Frame V and TMS) have interested me in a full year.
>>
>>345102383
>Shawn Layden was already claiming that power isn't the be all and end all of consoles during E3
funny how the narrative changes once you have a weaker console, MS behaved the same way when the power disparity between ps4 and xb1 became known.
>>
>>345099178
They said previous games will not see any improvements, but its impossible for it not to experience some performance boost. I wouldnt expect 60 fps, but honestly even a really stable 30 would do it for me. I coupdnt play on my ps4 knowing i could be playing it at a better framerate.
>>
File: 1465992187922.png (191 KB, 1000x936) Image search: [Google]
1465992187922.png
191 KB, 1000x936
>>345103923

PR will PR. Sony will claim that it's not everything and they just want to amp up PS4 a bit for their hardcore fans. MS will PR that the people spoke and they want the most powerful gaming focused machine at an affordable price with Scorpio. Fanboys will switch statements and look like hypocrites as usual.

One interesting thing at E3 was that the only interviews Sony allowed with Execs were a few news outlets like Time and The Guardian who got interviews with Andrew Houuse and Shawn Layden. Otherwise there was no exec interviews granted to other publications at all (Not even IGN or Kinda Funny were allowed interview Yoshida this year). So all their PR was controlled and designed to be "On message". Neo exists, Will be out before March 2017 but they weren't going to talk about it, it makes games look prettier but they weren't going to talk power, and Layden said "Power isn't everything. It's about the experience" when talking to Time. House also said he sees Apple launches as the right way to do product launches these days as well. So it's all controlled on how they want to roll it out

We're looking at the specs leaked being the real specs and an October 2016 release. The PR is pretty blatant they want to control the narrative.
>>
>>345104662
I'm still not sure why NEO even exists, except for ps4 having not enough juice for PSVR. The jump in specs is really small.
And that this should apparently somehow prevent people from switching to PC seems like bullshit too.
>>
damn everything releases in october new games new consoles
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.