[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your worst lost data stories >haven't played pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: tn.jpg (21 KB, 409x399) Image search: [Google]
tn.jpg
21 KB, 409x399
Post your worst lost data stories
>haven't played pokemon in a while, decide to play X again
>didn't beat it the first time so decide to just restart
>realize afterward that I lost my event torchic
>even if I get ORAS I still won't get one with the hidden ability
>I can literally never get that shit back ever again
>>
File: 1426518828391.jpg (90 KB, 680x700) Image search: [Google]
1426518828391.jpg
90 KB, 680x700
>possibly left a shit ton of pokemon in the online bank thing that are now all deleted
>don't care cause finally grew out of pokemon and gaming in general
>>
DELET THAT IMAGE RIGHT NOW
MODS
>>
>put thousands of hours into games as a kid
>gone
>>
File: 1374403756785.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1374403756785.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>play through Darksiders
>have a lot of fun
>spend 35 hours exploring and completing the story
>get to the heaven level, game nearly over
>get to the top of a really annoying tower, there's a robot boss, dies once to it, decides to continue tomorrow
>Save Files Corrupted
>mfw
>actually manage to take it back a year later to finish it

More recently

>hyped for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
>preordered
>exploring is great, I wanna do every side quests and little things there is to do
>20 hours in, pretty far advanced in the story
>"Syncing Data Files with Cloud"
>roll back to like 2 hours in the game

Origins.
>>
>started with Pokemon Red
>caught all the Pokemon
>then got Crystal
>caught all those, transferred my Red mons to that
>got Sapphire, then got Emerald
>caught them all again, transferred all my moms from Red/Crystal to my Emerald cart
>one day, had a few of my games on couch
>Emerald slipped through the seat and I didn't realize
>wake up next morning can't find it
>remember where it must be
>walk downstairs to grab it and play some more
>the couch is gone
>what the fuck
>ask my dad where the couch is
>says the had to throw it out, it was picked up early in the morning
>all my Pokemon
>gone
>Emerald
>gone
>cry for a while
>pick up my Sapphire and get back to beating that and catching as many as I could
I never recovered
I couldn't put the work into Sapphie again
And then next gen I couldn't bring myself to do it either with all those lost Pokemon
I started playing again with X and Y and I loved that though. Clawitzer is the shit.
>>
>>345095365
ZUUUCCCCCCCCCCCC
>>
I put around 40 or so hours into Assassin's Creed 2, then, just before the climax of the story, I upgraded my computer and suddenly my saves didn't work. I read later that this was because of how awful the PC port was, which is no excuse.

>>345097163
How is Catalyst? I've heard some bad things about it.
>>
>>345095365
Of course you can, it's very common.
>>
>have to install Windows
>forgot my main storage drive was plugged into SATA_0
>Windows thinks it knows what I want better than I do and dumps a partition table on a completely seperate disk to the one I selected during the install, ie; the storage drive
>wipes the disk clean
>turns out Windows assumes it's being installed on the first disk the kernel sees when it enumerates the SATA ports, regardless of what you select
>this information is nowhere to be seen in the "manual" you get with the disk, the "manual" being a scrap of paper filled with nothing but buzzwords about how 7 is just the tightest shit, yo
Windows.
>>
>>345097431
>How is Catalyst? I've heard some bad things about it.
It's alright, it doesn't feel like ME but it's a nice game on its own. The story is kind of a slow burner, so be patient until it gets good.
Gameplay / Level design wise it's really not to the standard of ME, but it's still fun to play.
It's a 6/10, maybe 7/10 haven't finished it yet thx to Origins
>>
File: 1467916634335.jpg (26 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1467916634335.jpg
26 KB, 540x720
>>345095365
>spend a week modding nv
>it's finally perfectly stable
>I have notes written down
>windows is getting fucky, decide to reinstall
>though I had backed up nv install+mods
>I did not
>>
>>345096584
If your bank expired, you're still able to move all your pokemans back into your PC, Anon.
>>
File: dca.jpg (18 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
dca.jpg
18 KB, 500x380
>>345095365
>Get 99% completion on Lego Star Wars
>Need 1 more super expensive minifig
>Almost have the studs
>My dad restores windows on the family computer

Im still mad
>>
>>345097432
The event one? Maybe im wrong but I doubt im going to find a 3 year old event pokemon, let alone a un-leveled one.
>>
File: 1442715161595.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1442715161595.png
18 KB, 509x411
>have save on diablo 2, managed to get to hell mode with necro offline no patches
>dad deletes d2 and all other games because "they fucking cause viruses" and "games are for children"
>lose d2 save and a fuck ton of other games i no longer had the discs for
>2 weeks later
>find out d2 disc and aoe2 disc are in pieces because dad raged over something stupid at some point and broke them
>>
>>345095365
>Playing Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal HD
>Collecting the sewer crystals
>96 out of 101 crystals
>Remaster is so shitty it crashes when a monster spawns
>Reload the game
>Last save had 3 out of 101 crystals
>>
>>345096584
pokémon on pokebank lasts months anyway they might be still there
>grew out of gaming in general
the fuck are you doing here then?
>>
>>345095365
>something like 3 or 4 years old
>can't read
>teenaged uncle has Super NES and LttP
>nice enough to let me play his SNES and all his games
>dicking around on the save game screen in LttP
>i'm4yearsoldandwaht'sthis.jpg
>somehow manage to delete his save where he's all the way up to turtle rock in the dark world
>lived to tell the tale

He's a better man than I am.
>>
>>345102823
>we're at a point in /v/'s history where the little shits who deleted your saves can legally post here
I'd like to post a reaction image but I don't believe I have one that accurately portrays what I'm going to be feeling for the next 30 seconds or so.
>>
>>345103163
I was born in 1988. Either you're not so great at math or you've been """here""" longer than I have.
>>
>>345102823
it doesn't take that long tho
>>
>>345103410
I'm not referring directly to you. The post just reminded that's it's $CURRENT_YEAR
>>
>>345103592
I feel you mang.

>little turd-burgers waxing nostalgia for OG Call of Duty and shit
>>
>>345097220
>>caught them all again, transferred all my moms from Red/Crystal to my Emerald cart

faggot
>>
>>345102287
It's a common event, everyone got one. The event mon stats are probably shit, so people just breed and box'em forever or give it away. I would give you one but my PC is broken. You can try asking one on /vp/ on hack/wifi general.
>>
>>345096584
Growing out of something is pretty childish.
>>
>>345102287
Don't listen to him. Event mon like that are usually traded for rare legendaries
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.