[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is F-zero ever going to get a new game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Is F-zero ever going to get a new game?
>>
We can only hope.
>>
>>345094956
I remember I think Iwata or Miyamoto gave an answer to this. They said they couldn't think of anything to do to traditional F-Zero to give it a snowball's chance in hell of selling and they couldn't think of anything new to bring to it that would still preserve everything the fans loved that made the series unique, so they were going to wait until someone had an idea to fix that.
>>
Inb4 the inevitable FAST Racing NEO post
>>
>>345095906
>this
>>
>>345096021
He meant they couldn't come up with a gimmick to justify it being on Wii or Wii U. But I so pose it was really a blessing in the skies. Just look at Star Fox, was dead until Miyamoto come up with a gimmick to slap onto 64 and it was garbage.

Just fire Miyamoto and make GX 2, online multiplayer, leaderboards, and semi-open world where you look for races in the cities.
>>
>>345096378
Personally what I want is a bounty hunting game where you play as Falcon racing around Mute City catching crooks. You get a call about a crime and you've got to get over there fucking FAST because the crime doesn't start once you get there, it's happening right now and if you get there fast enough you might be able to fight the crook before he gets in his car. If not the police cordon off a section of road to keep him from escaping and you've got to beat him in a race to stop his car before his backup arrives to help him escape.
>>
>>345096607
That would actually be a badass spinoff.
>tfw never happens
Fuck you anon.
>>
>>345096607
Personally, I want a new F-Zero.
>>
>>345096378
>a blessing in the skies
>>
I think Retro would be a good fit to make an F Zero game. Somehow I doubt Nintendo would put one of their top teams on something so niche but then again they may see the name pulling in more buyers.
>>
>>345096378
So the problem with Nintendo is that they innovate too much, but another problem is that they rehash too much.

I guess people just don't know what they want in general.
>>
>>345100996
GOOD FUCKING GAMES WITHOUT ANY GIMMICK BULLSHIT
>>
>>345096378
>semi open world where you look for races in the cities
please kill yourself
>>
>>345101416
You chose the wrong company to follow, then. Nintendo always has tried to push gimmicks. Remember Duck Hunt, Virtual Boy, and GBAs being linked to Gamecube?
>>
>>345094956
Not likely.

Thanks to the power of memes, Captain Falcon is now more of a Smash character than an F-Zero character. And most of any recent ideas they could've had for F-Zero were folded into Mario Kart.
>>
>>345102276
Innovation bullshit only really took a hold after the GameCube. It was not like every Nintendo console (sans Virtual Boy) had to make use of something like waggling or vibration.
>>
>>345096378
>a blessing in the skies
>People will fall for this
>>
>>345094956
The Wii U almost had one developed by the Burnout devs, sadly they refused.
>>
Probably not. And if if does get a game, you better hope it's a racer and you better hope they don't water it down for today's audiences.

>>345102738
/thread
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.