[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So since everyone thinks the new Sonic games are garbage, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 6516515616541654.jpg (714 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6516515616541654.jpg
714 KB, 1280x720
So since everyone thinks the new Sonic games are garbage, what about the old ones?
Where they good?
>>
Sonic 3&K and CD (barely)
>>
>>345087236
Sonic 1, 2, and 3&K are all great. CD is a mixed bag but it's decent.
>>
>>345087236
Personally Sega's like patented tiny fucking FOV and the speed meant they didn't really do much for me.

Nice music though.
>>
>>345088134
Music is always good in Sonic games. At least they get that right
>>
>>345087236
Only Sonic 2.
>>
>>345088134
>people who complain about FOV in Sonic
That's because you're not supposed to go fast all the time dumbass

it's not rocket science, you're like those people who say Sonic 1 is terrible as soon as you get to Marble Zone or shitters who says the camera in Mario 64 is difficult to use

LEARN TO PLAY
>>
Every single Sonic game is terrible. Anyone who says otherwise was brainwashed into tolerating him from their parents only buying them Sonic.
>>
>>345087236
2, 3 and CD

the advance games as well
>>
>>345089510
>Game made and advertised to go fast
>RREEEE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO ALL THE TIME

I can physically feel the autism
>>
>>345089510
>Sonic 1 is terrible as soon as you get to Marble Zone
This, I hate people who say this.

It gets bad once you reach Green Hill act 3
>>
2>3>CD>3D>1
>>
>>345089802
That anon was being an idiot.
Your rewarded for going fast by clearing obstacles and learning the level.
Don't think too hard into this, sonic was made to counteract Mario being big like so many other companies tried. Sonic just happened to have a great design, and good platforming mechanics.
>>
>>345090208
What world do you live in? Sonic has none of those.
>>
File: trollded.png (47 KB, 180x182) Image search: [Google]
trollded.png
47 KB, 180x182
>"Just hold right to win bro"
>"WAAHHHHH WHY CANT I HOLD RIGHT TO WIN? The field of view is too small, it's too memorization based"
Both factions of classic haters are not only retarded, but their reasons for hating classic are literally incompatible. It can't be both. Hatred of classic Sonic is mostly likely born out of not actually playing them in the era they were released, only going back to play them in retrospect on Sonic Mega Collection or some shit
>>
Sonic 2 was the only very good one
Sonic 3 & K had some pretty good moments too, but overall was much less funny
This is it, these are the only good Sonic games ever
>>
They were slightly above mediocrity at best. Never anything that excelled. The only reason why they got popular was because it was what Sega pushed hard.
>>
>>345091104
Why don't you think so?
>>
>>345092250
>They were slightly above mediocrity at best
t. Somebody who never played the games at release

How they aged is irrelevant, at the time they had physics of a calibur never before seen on a console game (and CERTAINLY not on a PC), a wider variety of level visuals than most games on the market, more unique set-pieces per level than most platformers did back in 1991/1992. Unlike most games of the era, the stages were full of life, unique because they were well-designed, were often based on real places, had branching routes and more "cinematic" music than platformers were used to, composed by one of the more popular Japanese pop artists of the era (and for Sonic 3, Michael Jackson's producers if not the man himself). The speeds were fast, the characters were memorable and the gameplay was arcade-like, which may not hold water now but it was what the people wanted at the time.

There's this real tendency on /v/ for people to rewrite history to suit their favor. The other day I saw people saying that Donkey Kong Country wasn't that impressive on release. I think the game is shit, but 'not impressive on release'? That's revisionist as fuck, at the time everybody and their kid sister was drooling over that game
>>
>>345092925
>(and CERTAINLY not on a PC)
OOPS LMAO

I meant certainly not on a platformer, pls no bully PCbros
>>
>>345087236
there were tons of better platformers back then, but they're still decent games
>>
They're all good for a run through or in the case of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, several. I've always found it to be the most replayable, especially when you get the "& Knuckles" levels.
>>
>>345092925
They were gimmicky games that weren't actually particularly fun. Mario has always been a million times superior to Sonic.
>>
didn't Jack & Rich already cover this topic? I mean they seem to know what they're talking about
>>
>>345094157
good well thought out response mate
>>
File: Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_Coverart.png (189 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_Coverart.png
189 KB, 256x361
You haven't forgotten about me, have you anon?
>>
>>345087236
>Where they good?
>Where they
>Where
>Wh
>W
>h
"WERE", YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID REJECT.
>>
>>345095920
Nah i haven't forgotten about you, I played you yesterday

Aqua Lake's boss is dumb
>>
>>345087236
They're platforming games with a (for its time) bleeding-edge physics engine. Full stop, end of story. People shit on them because modern games plus retarded memes have made them believe that Sonic is just about going fast, but it's not. Don't be one of the idiots that falls for retarded memes.
>>
>>345095920

Shit game on shit console
>>
>>345090208
>That anon was being an idiot.
No I was being serious, there's enough screen size to see shit coming in Sonic 2 if you aren't completely dead from the neck up.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.