[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamergate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: images (4).jpg (17 KB, 543x271) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
17 KB, 543x271
Wtf is Gamergate? All I know is Zoe Quinn fucked some guys. What exactly is the problem?
>>
Old news is what it is.
>>
>>345085483
It's retards getting outraged. And i mean it for both(all?) sides of the argument, even though i hate what gaming sites have become and refuse to read any of them.
>>
She pretended to be a victim to cover up corrupt unethical journalism practices and people ate that shit up.

In the end the journalists declared victory over everyone who disliked it by calling them bigoted racist sexist misogynist neckbeard nerds and everyone celebrated that paid reviews and review scores based on blowjobs had been vindicated and is now both accepted and expected in the video game industry.

The end.
>>
>>345085572
>>345085529
What exactly was the problem that Gamergate (people attacking SJWs) had? What made them so upset?
>>
File: mario_lopez_extra.jpg (19 KB, 300x407) Image search: [Google]
mario_lopez_extra.jpg
19 KB, 300x407
>>345085623
>corrupt unethical journalism

do you mean getting covered on entertainment websites?

do you also think Mario Lopez is a journalist?
>>
>>345085724
That an overweight bluehair had sex with 5 times as many people as they could hope for.
>>
>>345085623
Well thanks
>>
>>345085728
Anyone in the world can be a journalist. You need no training, no education and no credentials. Any blogger is a journalist. Anita Sarkeesian is a journalist. People who don't even play video games are video game journalists.

Have you read a paper lately? Everything is copied from reuters and what isn't is pure shit.
Journalism is fucking dead, dead and buried.
>>
>>345085857
good, i'm glad we were able to identify the problem. you're just retarded.
>>
Indie-Developer had an affair with a journalist from Kotaku, they were accused of collusion. Not much came of it but a number of gaming outlets threw a fit over it, likely do deflect attention from their own corruption, by attacking their own audience, declaring gamers to be dead.

And then a bunch of nerds started throwing shit at each other without accomplishing much.
>>
>>345085932
Thanks for the projection, retard.
Good luck with the rest of your life, you'll need it.
>>
>>345085970
Yeah you have no idea.
>>
I can't say for other people, but for me it's just a shitload of drama and not much anything else, and i've been following the movement to some extent.

SJW types are mostly fucking retards spewing shit like "someone hit a pixel woman inn a video game, this is problematic!" and generally giving off vibes of these pampered, protected, detached from reality people who think that if you'll get outraged on the internet, muslims will stop blowing up cars and mowing through people with trucks. I know this is unrelated to gaming journalism, but what the hell, they touch these topics too.

GGs on the other hand have valid complaints that we all see in Kotaku and other websites, but approach it with a lot of counter-outrage, like "look how these people portray us, that's bad!" instead of focusing on what the movement was supposed to be in the first place, along with touching a shitload of topics outside of gaming media, like movies, lgbtomfwtfbbq shit, gun laws, yada yada yada.

It's basically a fucking mess.
>>
>>345085857
If everyone is a journalist whenever they decide to talk about anything, then there are no ethical obligations to be upheld. As a corollary, its fucking stupid to throw a shit fit about "journalistic ethics" in any circumstance.
>>
>>345085932
#burnt
>>
>>345085483
Zoey Quinn made a game that had received positive reviews from five men she was either in a relationship with at one time or was friends with. One of the reviews she had even cheated with on another reviewer. It was original referred to as Five Guys, not GG. It became GG when Zoey Quinn played the victim card and got support from Anita and Sessler.
>>
Some bitch went five guys burgers with fries

People didn't like it because where the fuck is the integrity and ethics of journalism there, you're not supposed to lie to people about how shitty a game is because some woman sucked your dick

And then it turned into oh god they're against the women as a whole gender

And then trudeau said some bullshit like the subhuman he is, and then some real pieces of shit joined GG and turned it into something different, and while this movement brough some actual awareness even for people who didn't give a single shit about videogames, we also had more victims in the mainstream media and more pushing stupid shit that we once had as "extremism here and there".

And now you have a huge backlash as well of people who think that if you say anything against social justice you're a fedora wearing memer or some men's rights advocate or the like.

Basically it was big but that's the thing, it -was-. It fullfilled its purpose which was to call out on bullshit and make people aware of it, which brought interesting results.

Right now there's no movement specifically. There's people with different political ideologies and that's about it. People here who be called misogynerds because god forbid they think that jade's game being great was a funny thing back when assassin's creed came out.

My advice, try to come to your own conclusions and do not focus too much on the whole subject or you'll become sort of annoying person whether you're full cultural marxist or an alt righter.
>>
A group of keyboard warriors with nothing better to do launched a holy war on games journalism and all worked hard to uncover absolutely fucking nothing

In all honesty I thought games journalism was corrupt as fuck before GG happened. But their failure to dig up anything juicy made me realise it really is nothing more than a bunch of shitty bloggers looking for clicks. They are retards and sometimes assholes but there was so little dirt to be found that people had to spin insane shit just to justify how mad they were about it. The people attacking the journalists ended up looking obsessive and insane as it became more and more clear that there wasn't really anything there to be mad about other than "waaah this person is a liberal!"
You can hate liberals all you want, I certainly do, but they're entitled to their own opinion and it's unethical to try shut them down just because you disagree with them.
>>
>>345086992
>Zoey Quinn made a game that had received positive reviews from five men she was either in a relationship with at one time or was friends with

Source? :^)
>>
faggot from /pol/ fighting faggots from leddit. stay away if you aren't a maximum autismo.
>>
File: 145567969754.png (669 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
145567969754.png
669 KB, 600x544
>>345087696
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>345085483
>Wtf is Gamergate
something that is a waste of time to care about and only serve to fuck up video games
>inb4 sjw/leddit
I want to see places like Polygon, Kotaku, IGN etc. burn to the fucking ground, games journalism is and has always been a fucking joke
>>
>>345087586
>You can hate liberals all you want, I certainly do, but they're entitled to their own opinion and it's unethical to try shut them down just because you disagree with them.

The issue is that it goes the other way around and people got mighty fucking tired of it. Just because you're a conservative you aren't a nazi.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.