[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the new UT coming along? Is there a decent amount of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: images.png (6 KB, 365x138) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 365x138
How is the new UT coming along?

Is there a decent amount of content now?
Are people playing it?
>>
Bad, dead game is bad and dead.
>>
>>345085368
It's pretty good for UT i guess, it's mostly left to modders to just make the things they want
>>
>>345085368
Game is pretty great, but lacks a large enough playerbase.
>>
That's disappointing.
Time to accept arena shooters are dead forever now.
I guess I'll buy the new call of duty.
>>
>>345085368
Still poorly optimized
Stick to 2k4 for another year or so
>>
File: 1465847606596.png (223 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465847606596.png
223 KB, 500x500
>>345085763
How can you say that when Evolve just got the biggest playerbase boost?
>>
>>345085368
I hated the gimmicks in movement like sliding and wall running, i hate this shit in every shooter i play so i uninstalled, it's a shame really because i loved UT99 and quake but i guess we will never see good games like that again because the demographics are changed now and all devs pander to retarded kids and sjw hipster trash
>>
>>345085368
>How is the new UT coming along?
Very very slow. One map in 6 months tier
>Is there a decent amount of content now?
No.
>Are people playing it?
No. Usually has like 20 people online, 100 at peak hours
>>
File: 1462692955652.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462692955652.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>345087778

What about the dodge jump gimmick in ut2k4? What about the placed wall ramps for dodge jumping up?

The concepts don't suck in every game ever, UT4 just sucks.
>>
>>345087595
What toaster are you playing on? I have a 960 and can almost max out everything fine @1080p.
>>
>>345089393
i don't like any games that have gimmicks like that, i meant it as a personal opinion, if it doesn't have quake style movement i don't want it of course plenty people would disagree obviously

another thing about UT4 i disliked are the gun models and the feel of guns, i think that in UT99 they felt like they were packing a punch, in UT4 it's like shooting a water pistol
>>
>>345089896
>I can play it with a middle range modern gpu therefore its well optimized
>>
>>345088096
>very slow
>no content
most updates are EU updates which are fairly frequent and there are quite a few maps even if they are just bsp
>>345087778
I just don't like the UT movement in general as well as the dodging, wall jumping, sliding just doesn't feel ike a natural extension of the movement base
>>345089896
>le toaster
stop
>>
>>345090161
UT has always been a way to show off Epic's graphics, I don't know what to tell you. It runs flawlessly on my midrange PC and that's nice considering how games have been slowly more and more demanding, I usually have to turn textures and shadows down. I swear "optimization" is the biggest meme in PC gaming.
>>
>>345085368
Why would you play this when ut2k4 exist with tons of maps, mods, mutator, weapons, players and more skills ?
>>
>>345090663
why would you play ut2k4 when UT99 exists with tons of maps, mods, mutator, weapons, players and more skills ?
>>
Game overall is turning out pretty great.

Sliding is dumb but it's essentially free damage for you when other people do it. I hope nobody designs maps around sliding though.
>>
>>345090776
>UT99
Ut2004 has more contents and players.
>>
I enjoy it. Lack of playerbase and content is the main problem. Play 2k4, and go back to UT when it's a lush and lovely game like its predecessors.
>>
>>345085368
its good, I still like 2k4 more, left to modders to make for free, few players still active, early access multiplayer games are a mistake

and desperately needs bombing run already. what's the point of UT if you're only making the lamest modes?
>>
>>345085368
All I know is my toaster can't possibly handle it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.