[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wind Waker got the better overall remake than Twilight Princess.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: wind-waker-twilight-princess.jpg (47 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
wind-waker-twilight-princess.jpg
47 KB, 690x388
Wind Waker got the better overall remake than Twilight Princess.

>Even Nintendo prefers wind waker over the texture mess of twilight princess
>>
Well it is painfully obvious that Nintendo prefers WW. They always have. TP is the better Zelda game though.
>>
>>345081316
WW HD was developed by EAD.
TP HD was made by Talantus, a third party dev.
>>
>>345081316
>Wind Waker got the better overall remake
No shit, Nintendo handled it internally instead of the aussie shitposters that got TP.
>>
I actually got to play TP:HD recently and I gotta say I'm fairly impressed at what they did with the texture work. Everything looks better save for the models and some terrain which are still square as hell

Does it reach what WWHD did? No. But it's a damn fine improvement. If they tried smearing shaders over TP like in WW it'd just look off
>>
>>345081316
MM>OoT>WW>TP>SS
>>
Honestly, I'd say the new lighting engine totally fucking wrecked what made Wind Waker's art style so striking. Especially when it comes to the character models, it's impossible not to notice everyone's tiny little polygon noses now when they're supposed to be obscured and defined by the outline of their celshading.
TP may have only cleaned up the textures and some of the rougher geometry, but it was at least an objective improvement visually.
>>
>>345081316
Yeah it did get the better remake, but TP is still more enjoyable. Also it is no secret Nintendo likes WW more. They made WW because that's what they wanted Zelda to become. Fan reaction was much different though, so they begrudgingly made TP next.
WW is still the only zelda, (hell, the only Nintendo game) I've ever seen get such a direct and public negative reaction when it was first shown. Say what you want about Federation Force getting negative attention on twitter, but I remember some people even booed WW right there on the E3 stage. Most others went silent or muttered amongst themselves uncomfortably. I can only imagine Nintendo's butthurt.

>>345081740
This.
>>
>>345081827
Fun fact.

TPHD was made by the same devs behind Funky Barn.
>>
and yet it's better to emulate both of the original games.
>>
>>345082007
Yeah, the bloom in the WW remake is too much.i don't know how Nintendo let that slide, the game only looks good at night

Don't even get me started on the fucking frame drops every time there's an explosion. Or a boss fight
>>
>>345082902
They also made the Zombi U miltiplat ports and fucking Ben 10 Galactic Racing for the DS

What's up with these guys? They are so amazingly unfocused it's hilarious
>>
>>345083685
They're just code monkeys in a lot of those cases.
You have some folks from the parent company supervising the project and they do the heavy lifting.
>>
File: czRhi.png (919 KB, 1023x574) Image search: [Google]
czRhi.png
919 KB, 1023x574
>>345083483

the sunrises are gorgeous though
>>
File: 1455236797231.png (272 KB, 576x311) Image search: [Google]
1455236797231.png
272 KB, 576x311
>>345082007
>but it was at least an objective improvement visually.
About that.
>>
>>345082007
I have to agree i mean the game still looks great but they went so fucking overboard with the bloom.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.