[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BFG Armada is on sale. Also Warhammer thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8
File: 1462136372487.jpg (683 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462136372487.jpg
683 KB, 1920x1200
BFG Armada is on sale.

Also Warhammer thread.
>>
File: imperium.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
imperium.webm
3 MB, 853x480
The trailers are pretty good if you're a 40k fan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxdtigmeDY
>>
File: Cr_csm_eliphas_talkinghead.png (91 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cr_csm_eliphas_talkinghead.png
91 KB, 250x250
>>345080829
>Rams an enemy ship.
>Is the one that explodes.

That's loyalists for you.
>>
File: 1366903968807.jpg (267 KB, 700x397) Image search: [Google]
1366903968807.jpg
267 KB, 700x397
>>345082394
SPIKY BOYZ GET OUT REEEEEE
>>
File: Lucius_the_Eternal_6th_Ed.jpg (133 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lucius_the_Eternal_6th_Ed.jpg
133 KB, 768x1024
>Warhammer thread
I always wanted to ask this one question I never understood about W40k lore: why is Lucius do OP and literally the best fighter in the entire universe on paper, but such a cuck that he loses to some pathetic schmucks from time to time when it comes to actual fighting?

I mean, he's the best fucking swordsman in the universe, he could BTFO Kharn in melee via pure fucking skill if he wanted, yet he still dies like a bitch so often it's not even funny.
>>
>>345085334
He doesnt take any small fries seriously and fights them on their level.
>>
File: 1462140436953.gif (75 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462140436953.gif
75 KB, 1200x1200
>>345085334
>the best fighter in the entire universe
>not an ork

dats some good kek
>>
>>345085334
As he was initially written, Lucius makes no sense. There's been some retcons since then, but what it boils down to is that Slaanesh finds his arrogance and constant failure really funny.
>>
>>345080512
I really need to get back into it, haven't even tried the MP yet.

Ramming shit is so satisfying.
>>
>>345085334
>>345086115
Basically, from what I gathered from the Horus Heresy books, Lucius was an Astartes from the Emperor's Children who always strive for absolute perfection but Lucius was downright obsessed and cared about nothing but being better than others. So he trained endlessly so he could be better than his fellow Astartes, never ever stopping. He scarred his face because he was "too pretty" and hated being mocked. He found himself on the side of loyalists when Horus' treachery was revealed, betrayed his fellow battle brothers so he could get another chance to be with his Primarch, when he embraced Chaos, his powers were multiplied tenfold so it's not surprising that he's the best melee fighter in the entire galaxy.
Literally chaos powered autism and daddy issues.
>>
Was there a patch? Something downloaded on steam but I'm too tired to play right now.
>>
>>345085334
Where did this best swordsman thing come from.

Lucius is basically the wolverine of 40k. Hes immortal so he can be an eternal punching bag for cool characters
>>
>>345086430
There was something downloaded but no patch notes or visible changes in game, not sure what it was. Probably bugfix or something.
>>
>>345085334
He's riddled with hilarious inconsistencies and is overall a pretty cool, but very poorly written character.

>herp, I'm extremely skilled with a sword and you can't do shit to me in melee with weapons, unless I go full autistic and focus on flashy dancing instead of actually killing shit efficiently
>derp, I'm so fucking skilled fighting with weapons that I somehow forgot how to defend myself AGAINST UNARMED ENEMIES WHILE WIELDING A SWORD

Warhammer 40.000 is a retarded setting that makes no sense, it's style over substance dogshit that only manchildren enjoy. The novels are also written embarrassingly poorly and nothing makes any fucking sense.
>>
>>345086451
>Where did this best swordsman thing come from.
Because in all of his fight scenes I've read, he always starts by dominating his opponents with ease, yet ends up losing somehow due to being too flashy or too cocky.
>>
File: Solitaire_closeup.png (3 MB, 1013x1345) Image search: [Google]
Solitaire_closeup.png
3 MB, 1013x1345
>>345085334
>He's the best swordsman in the universe
He is (without counting the Primarchs.) Too bad not everyone fights with swords. Kharn would just rage stomp him to dust, the Imperial Guard would just bombard his general location, the Space Marines would just empty their bolters in him, etc.

Anyone stupid enough to duel him in his own terms deserves to get his ass blasted anyway. Unless you're a Solitaire, Solitaires fucks Slaanesh's goons for breakfast.
>>
File: eisenhorn.jpg (46 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
eisenhorn.jpg
46 KB, 350x500
>>345086861
>The novels are also written embarrassingly poorly and nothing makes any fucking sense.
Dan Abnett's novel are solid and the first 4 books of Horus Heresy do make a lot of sense, not sure what exactly is your issue.
>>
>>345087107
He has high Initiative, means he hits before his opponents most of the time, but that's it. If he fails to kill them before it's their turn to strike (very likely considering his ok but not special strength) he'll likely be dead (due to him being of average toughness.)
Most tough enemies will weather his attacks and crush him when it's their turn to strike. At least that's how it goes on the tabletop.

And then there's >>345087215 . A Solitaire has more attacks, which hits faster, hits harder and are more precise than Lucius. He is to Lucius what Lucius is to everyone else.
He's the champion of the weakest Chaos god, hence him being the weakest of the four champions.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.