[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Citizen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: star-citizen-logo.jpg (12 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen-logo.jpg
12 KB, 530x298
Do you WANT this game to succeed and prove that big budget PC exclusives are a viable market? Or would you rather just see another TORtanic?
>>
I wanted it to succeed years ago,

Now I just don't give a shit.
>>
File: popcorn-1.jpg (915 KB, 1308x1600) Image search: [Google]
popcorn-1.jpg
915 KB, 1308x1600
>>345078412
The latter desu senpai.
>>
>kickstarter

I'll take another TORtanic please
>>
It may be the most ambitious game being made right now of course /v/ wants it to fail
>>
I heard something about buying ships with real money and immediately stopped caring either way.
>>
I wanted it to succeed, but after Cuck Roberts managed to miss the release of the first alpha build (literally nothing, just walking around in a hangar with your ships in it, at the time only like 3 ship models were going to be in it) by a full six months, continually saying "it's coming next month," it became obvious to me that it was going to go the way of vaporware or never fucking exist at all.

I never pledged and never intended to, and last I heard from people that have, the "playable" open universe test instance was broken all to shit worse than things had been broken before.

I grew up playing Wing Commander, Privateer, and Freespace. You have no idea how disappointed I am to be watching THE single game I've wanted my entire life descend into the 8th Canticle of Development Hell.
>>
Turning it into a big budget game was a mistake. We were all excited for a new polished space sim. Now they've gone full Molyneux with it.
>>
>>345078412
I'm fine with either. If it's good, I've got a new game to play, but if it's bad, I've got a new game to make fun of.
>>
I doubt Squadron 42 will be released this year (As scheduled)
>>
>>345078846
This only because kikestarter needs to die
>>
>>345079776
It will be a December release or early next year
>>
>>345079884
underage contrarian
>>
>>345079539
pretty much this started out humble could probably be done then the money went to their heads and they thought they were gonna make the game of the century. shoulda got their foot in the door with a polished full release and then tried to expand from there selling ships
>>
>>345080028
contrarian because i watch people get conned out of their money and think the process they used for funding is not transparent. ok
>>
>>345079884

Precisely. Whatever happened to taking out a loan, building a product, selling it, and paying it back?

Also, has anyone noticed that Erin Roberts' studio, Foundry42, has a very minimalistic environment and yet they've been producing quality work since the beginning? Meanwhile, Chris pisses away backer funds on sliding doors, ipod furniture, and 13k espresso machines while changing the ToS to deny refunds to anyone who no longer wants any part of this ride?
>>
>>345080253
>paying it back
thats just it isnt it...
and yes i think living in luxury while having a dream job of developing a video game for an indefinite amount of time was part of the plan
>>
File: 1329187673979.jpg (409 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1329187673979.jpg
409 KB, 1600x1200
>>345080107
We've had plenty of great games out of kick starter that are already released try again. I bet you backed Mighty Number 9.

>>345080047
More like he got 10x in funding and decided to drastically expand the scope for the betterment of the project. Roberts will raise $140,000,000 easy by the end of the beta especially with all the backend systems coming online in the next few months. This project is going anywhere also Tortanic is a financial success it has already made double the money invested in it.
>>
>>345080378
never backed a kickstarter ever but i have a friend who backed sc and hes shitting his pants right now
>>
>>345080340

I just want my money back.

If CIG gives me a refund, then I'll fuck off and the shills can do or say anything they want.

It's a shame that some people have had to start up tickets with the LA county Attorney General's office to get anywhere with CIG.

I'm not a goon either. The company and the cult-like community is shady as fuck
>>
>>345080378
The animeposting Scam Ctizen defense force has arrived.
>>
>>345080378
quality>quantity
same reason im not buying no mans sky
>>
>>345080441
Your friend is a dumb fuck who expected a single player campaign and a mmo to be developed in 4 years while the devs also had to start their own company.

>>345080513
You crowd funded money to a project which is basically a donation it's not a preorder
>>
>>345078412
>prove that big budget PC exclusives are a viable market
who cares really
>>
>>345080520

That's not who you think it is. Everyone on this board has a collection of anime images, even the Canadian dog fuckers and Mechwarrior burnouts
>>
>>345080560
4 years wasnt some arbitrary number he came up with himself thats the number THEY gave him
i think hes dumb too but i feel for him especially since it sounds like they gonna shaft him on refunds
>>
>>345080560
yeah it would be but it looks bad when they say they are gonna give refunds by a certain date and then change the tos and go dark at that exact time
>>
File: 31520745.jpg (211 KB, 648x906) Image search: [Google]
31520745.jpg
211 KB, 648x906
>>345080660
It's a crowdfunding project they don't give back refunds your friend should kill himself
>>
>>345080560
>You crowd funded money to a project which is basically a donation it's not a preorder

They failed to live up to their end of the deal. I'm waiting on CIG's response to my refund request, and then I'm going to take it up with the AG when they give me their denial. Win or lose, I'd rather do something than nothing.
>>
>>345080734
must be tough living in a corner all the time
>>
>>345079080
>It may be the most ambitious game being made right now of course /v/ wants it to fail

chris roberts doesn't even know what the game is supposed to be, because he's too busy pissing away the massive budget on terrible motion capture shit because he wishes he didn't get blacklisted from hollywood. saying "yes" to literally every insane fan feature request for years doesnt make the game ambitious, it makes it a muddled melange of bad ideas and epic engineering debt. i want it to fail (and it will) because i want ideas guy shitheads to be humbled. publishers exist for a fuckign reason, and shitheels like crobers and tim schafer are in dire need need of a painful object lesson.
>>
>>345080774
You don't get it, you donated to money to a project that may or may not of panned out it's not a preorder.
>>
>>345080649
There's this one fag posting space opera animes and marketing this scam in every SC thread.
Watch him rabidly defend the conman, seeing Derek behind every post, and calling all who see SC for what it really is "goons".
>>
>>345080835
You're just posting talking points from the something awful forums found the goon
>>
Is this the game that a backer got refunded $2.5k?
>>
>>345080857

I'm not going to argue with a shill. Have a nice day/night.

>>345080887

Oh yeah, I know. It's probably the Canadian dog fuckers from /vg/.
>>
>>345080950
no more anime?
>>
>>345079963
>It will be a December release or early next year

did you even see atv this week? they have literally zero of their hundreds of hours of mo-cap in, and they can't even fit the bengal carrier into 8 gigs of memory yet because they outsourced it to malaysia and it came back composed of 900 trillion polys. they haven't shown 1 single second of gameplay, and they're currently redoing all the performance capture shit because gary oldman dropped out when they tried to call him back for the third round of reshoots.

they will be bankrupt long before they have anything more than the fundamentally broken cryengine mod they have now
>>
i want the game to actually exist regardless of how well it does

at the time of posting there is not even half of the promised features implemented
>>
Lavender, go back to RSI you degenerate tranny
>>
>>345080513
fuck off derek smart

stop trying to kill my investment you collossal ass
>>
>>345081102
>derek smart

And there we go, everyone who wants to get off the ride is now Derek...again.

Shills man, shills...
>>
>where's muh most ambitious MMO ever made? It's been THREE YEARS
Let's ignore that Ultima Online took two and Elder Scrolls Online and every theme park on the market took 4-7 years
>>
>>345081162
i get it though man it really pains me this isnt gonna work out you have no idea how bad i wanted this to work out. I'd rather have this crash and burn and have something better come in the next decade or so with better devs and tech then settle for chris roberts horribly managed abortion of a game
>>
File: 12323123123123123.png (24 KB, 658x186) Image search: [Google]
12323123123123123.png
24 KB, 658x186
>>345081257
eso was announced 3 years before it came out...
will the goalposts ever cease moving?
>>
>>345081307

That's the best thing to come out of this fiasco. Developers now see that there's an interest and people have or will step up to the plate with better engines and gameplay.
>>
I want the game to be good. But it all sounds to good to be true. Whenever I watch videos ox them saying what I'll be able to do it feels like I'm being led to
>>
>>345081448
exactly they wont throw in their chips till chris fucks this up
>>
>>345081562
thats ur gut talking anon hes not always the loudest but you should always heed his advice
>>
>>345080835
HI DEREK
>>
>>345081034
>gary oldman
source on him dropping out
>>
>>345080950
it's actually derp shart himself, methinks
>>
>>345082519
You haven't read the PaaarpGate Dispatches yet?
>>
I just don't see why any dev would pick exclusivity when there's another huge potential market. I've been following introversion and prison architect, and I think what they have done is the healthiest way. They used early access to develop their game and after it was done they had it ported over to consoles. It's sensible and pragmatic.
>>
>>345082641
the fuck is a paaarpgate
>>
>>345082728
yes exactly and what would any smart developer do after covering all those bases?
they improve it with more content to attract more customers..star citizen wanted to do all of this in space with insane stretch goals in 4 years. not gonna happen
>>
>>345082767

There's rumors that one member of the cast is distancing themselves from the project, which explains why mocap and cutscenes need to be redone. I forgot where, but there's a post from CIG where they talk about their star-studded cast, but no mention of Gary Oldman, so people assume that it's him.
>>
>>345082891
minus the porting part obviously
>>
>>345082928
so you're just spouting bullshit, thanks for nothing
>>
>>345082767
>>345082928
>>345082967

Also the paaarp thing is a goon meme using Gary Oldman's character model.

It might be bullshit like you say, but we'll see soon enough.
>>
>>345081439
It's developed long before it's announced dumbass
>>
I'm mustard only and I still want this to fail. Their complete jew bullshit schemes are ridiculous and should not succeed.
>>
>>345078412
>>345078578
This. Who fucking cares anymore except backers?
>>
File: 1468563105281.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1468563105281.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>345078412
i liked it when it was going to be made by the former freelancer creator

i lost all interest in it when they picked an off the shelf corridor shooter engine to make a spaceship game

and then actually make fps corridor shooting in a spaceship game
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.