[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know most of /v/ dislikes assfaggots, but for those who do--
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: paragon.png (153 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
paragon.png
153 KB, 1600x900
I know most of /v/ dislikes assfaggots, but for those who do-- has anyone been playing Paragon?
Downloaded it recently on PS Plus, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, as someone who usually plays Dota.

What's everyone's impressions of it?
>>
>>345077520
Fuck you, /v/. I know you're playing this
>>
>>345077520
good graphics, but fuck me im not gonna download shittons of gb and get in a moba shit. I wish it was just a teamdeathmatch.
>>
I must sleep now but I've played Paragon for about 250 hours now and it is the first MOBA that actually matters. It is the redeemer of the genre. I've put $170 down on it just to support Epic for doing the holy work.
>>
>>345079284

It's 10GB and Overwatch exists if you want dumb chokepoint spamfight adventures.
>>
>>345079346
No need to false flag shill-- the game's actually pretty fun.

>>345079284
To be fair, it's a pretty simplified moba with better combat due to the verticality of the maps.

>>345079462
Overwatch is entirely different compared to this game. I enjoy both.
>>
>>345077520
I play it. Alexander the great is strong as fuck.
>>
>>345077520
I played it before, only problem is the low population and that matches can last over an hour.
>>
>>345080106
>No need to false flag shill-- the game's actually pretty fun.

Fuck off, idiot. This is my profile:

https://agora.gg/profile/Ubermenschkind
>>
>>345080892
>low population
I'm getting consistent matches on my end.
>>
I mean, honestly if you're not playing this by this point, you are a casual and don't give a fuck about videogames. Expect nothing else in 2016 to do as much for a genre.
>>
>>345081338

I get quicker matchmaking than Dota 2.

The matchmaking used to be much longer before Draft mode.
>>
Probably one of the most polished alpha's I've played. Definitely worth the time invested in it.
The deck system is pretty neat, as well.
>>
This game made me want to try DOTA 2 again. I played about 30 games of DOTA 2 a few years ago then stopped for a while. I know it's complex as fuck and has changed since then, is it even worth getting into as a beginner now?
>>
>>345081794

No.

Just keep playing Paragon. Nobody will be making one-unit-RTS clicker MOBAs in five years.
>>
>>345081794
Paragon honestly isn't too different from Dota 2 outside of fewer heroes and less established meta.
I'd say try Dota if you really want, but nothing big's changed. Stick with Paragon if you want something that has promise.

Not that Dota 2 isn't fun-- it is what it is. But I've found it far more fun playing Paragon so far.
>>
>>345082241
>Paragon honestly isn't too different from Dota 2

Yeah, it just adds actual graphics, satisfying sound design, and the feel and immersion of a real videogame as opposed to a slippery diet RTS for retards. Also systematically excises most of the genre's autism.
>>
>>345082372
I thought he meant Gameplay wise? Aside from the fact that Paragon is third person, of course. I don't really remember much about Dota so I don't know.

I like how Epic has changed the sprint ability to be automatic now, encouraging commitment. I hear they plan on completely removing it and replacing it with some sort of teleportation function. Not sure if I like that.
>>
fucking rampage is godly
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.