[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what game did they go wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 194x145
At what game did they go wrong.
>>
bf4
>>
Bad company 2
>>
they have all been severely flawed and are mostly popular because no one else does it better
>>
bf2
all they had to do was to make a better dc
>>
>>345076369
>Bad company 2

I had almost as much fun playing BC2 as I did BF2, and I spent a ton of time on BF2 back when it came out. BC2 was the revival of the series after a few shit sequels that no one played or was too buggy to. BF2142 was fun as shit but was practically unplayable on the best game mode, and as soon as a commander moved the titan the server you were on exploded.

The game went "wrong" at BF3, and you could have told it was gonna be shit when you played the Beta. The interface was shit, the gameplay was 'ok' but had too much dlc. And because it didn't even last 2 years before they threw BF4 and Hardline down our throats no one actually gave a shit about it.
>>
File: tktc.jpg (31 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
tktc.jpg
31 KB, 500x359
>>345076250
BF2 was an immensley fun game to play, but it was the beginning of the end.
>no official mod support
>ranking system and "official server" bull shit which discourages any kind of custom game modes
>higher ranks get better weapon

This kills the online FPS.
>>
File: 2059_0.jpg (117 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
2059_0.jpg
117 KB, 800x601
>>345077601
Dice released official mod tools.
>>
>>345076250
Everything after special forces has been fucking awful.

Everyone I know jumped ship to dayz mod and then pretty much quit cause all fps became shit
>>
File: how to trigger pol.jpg (797 KB, 1578x582) Image search: [Google]
how to trigger pol.jpg
797 KB, 1578x582
>>345076250
when a they hire PC and they start changing the game direction into more 'correct' instead 'realistic' combat sim
>>
File: ithurts.jpg (83 KB, 393x325) Image search: [Google]
ithurts.jpg
83 KB, 393x325
>>345076848
>played alpha
>it's just in alpha
>played beta
>it's just the beta
>play release
>it'll get better with dlc
>quit after first dlc
fuck I spent so much time on it at first too.
>>
The Vietnam expansion for BC2. If we want to talk about the specific game everything went wrong, Battlefield 3.
>>
Bad Company 1

Any BF post BF2 had awful class balance, classes were too versatile and vehicle upgrades made you feel worthless if you didn't have the upgrades.
>>
When they decided to fuck over Battlefield Heroes with tonics and barely put the game on life support for a shitty F2P version of BF2
>>
Glad to see people'say different opinions.
Personally I wish they made battlefield 2143.
I also hate vehicle mods you earn when you rank up.
I thought BF2 was the pinnacle of the series and 2142 with that. Went downhill from there. (BC2 was a redeeming game but it bf3 came out)
>>
File: 2142_EU_Engie.png (270 KB, 356x757) Image search: [Google]
2142_EU_Engie.png
270 KB, 356x757
>>345079548
>Anything post BF2
>implying 2142 had awful class balance and classes were too versatile
2142 was the last one where classes were actually specialized, trying to take a Titan without an Engineer was pointless. And you weren't taking more than 1 without a Support to refill at.
>>
>>345079936
I remember when people were bitching about shield overloads and what not.
>>
File: 1468361888851.jpg (901 KB, 2880x2778) Image search: [Google]
1468361888851.jpg
901 KB, 2880x2778
>>345076250
when they dropped mod support
most of the mods for BF2 are better than the actual game
>>
>>345079936
You could use Recon's detpacks as well. But yeah, definitely needed Support to help resupply.

Fuck FF Off servers, though. Worst thing about 2142 were those easily.
>>
>>345079402
>Implying this has anything to do with political correctness
>>>/pol/
>>
Bad "We want the Call of Duty audience" Company
>>
>>345080040
If you let somebody bust the console by shooting at a shield 14 times with the H-AVR when you can hit them but they can't hit you through it then it was your own fault desu.
>>345080149
How could I have forgotten Recon Det-Packs, I would allahu ackbar the console if they had the hallway locked down but nobody in the corner next to the console (if I could survive the bullet hell)
>>
>>345079936
To add to this the only one that I would even think was versatile was Recon because they could opt out for the Lambert Carbine instead of a Sniper Rifle, but even then it was balanced because the Lambert was the worst assault rifle in the game.
>>
File: bf2medic.jpg (49 KB, 590x300) Image search: [Google]
bf2medic.jpg
49 KB, 590x300
>>345078260
Oh yeah, that's true. Nevertheless, the rank-system totally ruined any incentives for the userbase to create or play mods.
The took away the idea that games were mainly for fun and replaced it with the idea that playing games will make you a status symbol.
>>
2142 was the last game where I was excited to get an unlock token
>>
>>345080951
>the rank-system totally ruined any incentives for the userbase to create or play mods.

please stop. BF2's mod community was extremely active. Project Reality was a damn fine game that came entirely from BF2 modding. Bad Company was the beginning of the end of Battlefield. It was a purpose-built attempt at getting the console audience.
>>
bf3 vanilla
Premium BF3 is one of the best battlefield games ever (if it wasn't of course an overpriced dlc bundle)
bf4 is shit even with premium
>>
>>345080951
>forever a two star general because I refuse to play tank for 500 hrs
Knife and pistol on regular servers or don't even play
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.