[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anon why haven't you tried playing the best rhythm game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Osulogo.png (292 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
Osulogo.png
292 KB, 945x945
Hey anon why haven't you tried playing the best rhythm game there is?
>>
pepe is spying on your screen
>>
File: 1467734454436.jpg (24 KB, 224x221) Image search: [Google]
1467734454436.jpg
24 KB, 224x221
>>345076182
>pepe
whoops
>>
>>345076093
I already play IIDX.
>>
>osu
>best rhythm game
>not Beatmania
>not Stepmania
>not Rhythm Heaven
good thread
>>
I can't aim my cursor well. I like rhythm games that you just press buttons in.
>>
>>345076093
It died years ago cause of shitty mods, shitty community.
>>
Been playing since 2011. Mouse player.
Got to rank 2000 during 2014. I never gave a fuck about ranks anyway.
I gradually stopped playing and now I play it casually, when I'm bored of other games.
I have only 400 hours in, probably a lowish amount compared to the filthy weeaboos that crawl around that shit community which I never really payed attention to.
>>
>>345076093
>not bemani
kek i'll stay on Jubeat
>>
entire playerbase is beyond cancer and the game has a fairly sizeable amount of cheaters at every level

go play an actually good rhythm game
>>
gg go back to mgh
>>
How to play Bemani games on PC?

IIDX?

Lunatic Rave 2's download isn't there for me. I recently tried downloading only to find nothing. Usually play Taiko and some Miku but I'm getting bored.

Any way you anons can help? Not interested in Osu
>>
>>345076093
Hahaha
>>
>>345076643
>Playing osu with mouse
>>
>>345076093
>babies first rythym game
>shitty community
>shit everything else

God damn OP put away your autism
>>
>>345079179
if you dont wanna import bemani ps2 games you are kinda fucked. pc bemani exists but...good luck lol
>>
>>345077797
>go play an actually good rhythm game
you people keep saying this but can never list any problems with the gameplay
yes there are tons of shit maps but there are also a ton of excellent maps
the community doesn't affect gameplay nor do cheaters
same applies to the scoring system, even if you hate it
>>
Where does one start with the mania games?
>>
>>345079179
You can't.
A lot of the current hardware for bemani games run on a higher software than most average PC's out there.

Best bet is to buy an iPad or a iPhone/iTouch and get Reflec Beat and JuBeat, while as for others just get the original console ports of the games or buy and arcade cabinet
>>
>>345079521
I'm up for importing.

Where to start? Interested in IIDX, I know there's lots for ps2. Expensive or hard to find? Controller?

Is there some place I could just read up about this?
>>
>>345079538
i used to have fun playing it but because of cheaters even when i play offline i just get depressed
and i can't have fun without playing really hard shit like zapy maps or ar9 dt
havent played in a year though. probably for the best
>>
>>345079621
>buy Japanese PS2
>buy Beatmania IIDX game of your liking
>buy Beatmania turntable controller
>have fun
>>
File: Cl67wSGWEAEWk0G.jpg (112 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
Cl67wSGWEAEWk0G.jpg
112 KB, 595x842
>>345079179
http://www.mediafire.com/download/96m0wbp0aw343pu/LR2_100201.zip

Here you go, make sure you follow the guides for setting up step by step; setting up lr2 can be a pain in the ass. It took me 2 weeks to configure my settings the way i wanted and 3 more to get all my bms. You can also download some bms from nico nico.
>>
>>345079640
>higher software
>Windows XP
???
>>
>>345076093
If only the community had better taste in music or any to begini with.
>>
>>345079851
http://manbow.nothing.sh/event/event.cgi

http://www.beatmania.co.nz

https://gitlab.com/beezy/rgg-repo

Some useful links for lunatic rave 2. The first link is for bms of fighters events, second is for beatmania bms, but you have to sign up for the full list and the last is /rgg/ links.
>>
I seem to have plateaued around 3.5 stars. Been stuck there for the last 6 months or so. I've been trying 3.75-4.5 maps, tons of them in fact, but I've yet to FC a single one. How do I git gud?
>>
>>345080704
quit while you still can
>>
>>345079851
>>345080324
Bless you anon, so much useful links/help.

Made my night <3

I'll do my best
>>
>>345079268
>not playing osu with mouse
what are you even doing
>>
>>345080089
This.
It's a weeb game and weeb music is a given, but I really wish there was something other than weeb and pleb shit.
>>
>>345080742
I just play it to get better at mouse aiming. I'm impressed with how fast my reactions and accuracy have become and how well it translates to other games. Could barely clear a 1 star map when I started. But I know it's possible to do a lot better even with mouse so I'm trying to get over this plateau.
>>
>>345080935
Even the weeb music isn't that good. It's pretty generic for the most part.
>>
>>345080962
if you want to actually get good use a tablet
i dont know how popular mouse is now but i remember there being only like 1 notable mouse player in the top 100, which was before pp i think
seriously though the game is heroin mouse or not, no point in playing it when your rank means nothing
>>
>>345076093
I think the only good beatmap Ive seen out of this game were Dont stop me now being played over a synchronized Phoenix Wright video, and pw3's objection
>>
>>345080872
Tablet or touchscreen but you can plax it verry well with a mouse
>>
File: Pippi_Daru_Header.png (2 MB, 3107x2993) Image search: [Google]
Pippi_Daru_Header.png
2 MB, 3107x2993
neat an excuse to post Pippi.
>>
>>345080872
>playing with a mouse
How does it feel to know you'll always be inferior to someone using a touchscreen
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.