[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who think SMRPG is better than Paper Mario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: RAGE_OF_THE_SEA.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RAGE_OF_THE_SEA.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>there are people who think SMRPG is better than Paper Mario 1 and 2
>>
It is though.

>But muh Square breakup
>>
>>345074427
Explain.
>>
>>345074140
Did you actually think paper Mario was... good? Because you're incorrect.
>>
>>345075131
Why is it bad? It is a fun game and improved on the RPG genre at the time by trying some new things.
>>
>there are people who make threads with greentext and reaction images
>>
>>345074140
good taste anon, do you know where I can read a fansub?
>>
>>345075131
Cody, it's past your bedtime.
>>
>>345075368
>2016
>being named Cody
>>
Yes, those people are known as "correct". The Paper Mario games are fine, but not better than SMRPG.
>>
>>345075480
They are known as plebs.
>>
>>345074140
Must be nostalgia or some shit because it really is a wrong opinion, SMRPG is painfully mediocre as a game
>>
>>345075480
No way!

Paper Mario is hugely better than SMRPG.
>>
>there are people who don't think Paper Mario 2 and SMRPG are godtier

Paper Mario 1 is Excellent tier

SS is Great tier

PiT is Good tier

rest is okay to mediocre and even dogshit
>>
File: 1356786933509.jpg (16 KB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
1356786933509.jpg
16 KB, 330x275
>>345075551
>>345075686
>>345074140

I can't be assed to reply to all of these shitheads that didn't play SMRPG when it released, but yeah its better in my opinion. It's more traditional and I like that.

Don't get me wrong I like PM, but its a different beast altogether. You still quest for 7 stars to save the Mushroom Kingdom and all that shit but the systems in place are like day and night yet not.

They're all entry level RPGs though so I don't know why theres such a fuss.
>>
>>345075703
>Rest of M&L
>Mediocre to dogshit
They all have different problems, but on the whole each game in the series is great. The boss battles in Paper Jam were some of the most fun battles in the series thus far, even though there aren't any new characters to fight against.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbAh3QIZP7o
It had a nice soundtrack.

It was also nice to go through a less Mario-like Mushroom Kingdom

The pacing was good

Bossfights were both enjoyable and challenging

I don't think it's better, or worse. They all do their respected things nicely and both shine in some places yet fall in others.
>>
>>345074140
It's pretty fucking good.
>>
Had SMRPG since I was a child it's fucking dull. PM is actually a good game however.
>>
Paper Mario TTYD has an unbearable amount of padding (constant backtracking and a lot of meaningless filler content)
I don't remember if that was the case with the original Paper Mario though.
>>
File: garrry.jpg (21 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
garrry.jpg
21 KB, 500x388
>Paper Mario you can just constantly charge your attack and use a Power Bounce to kill everything in 4 hits no matter how powerful it is along with some game-breaking badges and setups
>SMRPG you actually have to try
>>
>>345076753
>SMRPG
>get the green shell
>win
>>
>>345076753

>implying there isn't game breaking gear for mario and peach in SMRPG

bruh come on. you can break SMRPG too. grab the right gear and even Culex becomes easy as shit.

if you want a challenge and can't use the best gear
>>
>>345074140
Because it is. Deal with it, faggot.
>>
>>345076945
>>345077002
PM is really easy to break though. Zap Tap is literally the most broken fucking thing ever conceived.
>>
>>345076945
>Get the hidden weapon and win
Congratulations

It's still got nothing like Danger Mario
>>
>>345077136
Zap Tap is only really useful against The Master's multihit attacks. It's a good badge, but nowhere near broken. The Danger Mario setup in Paper Mario is absurdly strong, but it's obviously not meant for beginner players.
>>
>>345077161
>Get the hidden weapon and win

Literally every RPG.
>>
File: smrpg.png (327 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
smrpg.png
327 KB, 480x640
>Paper Mario
SMRPG is most certainly better.
>Thousand Year Door
They're almost on par. I'd say SMRPG is slightly worse, if only because TYD has the technological advantage and very slightly better writing.

But that being said, it's not a great comparison anyway. SMRPG and Paper Mario are very different. Yes they are both JRPGs, yes they both use turn-based battle systems and you quest for the seven magical stars. Yet still, their settings, atmosphere and gameplay are so very different.
>>
>>345076945
>Get the late-game, hidden weapon
>Win

vs

>Equip the easy to obtain, relatively early-game equipment
>Win
>>
>>345074140
It is, and they'll never top it.
>>
>SMRPGfags actually think their game wasn't as easy as every other Mario RPG
>>
I'm guessing Geno Whirl doesn't Crit everything, because I swear I press the button almost the same every time and nothing happens.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.