[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I beat Silent Hill 2 tonight. rejoice with me please. star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: SHill2_conceptart_RSM44.jpg (76 KB, 600x425) Image search: [Google]
SHill2_conceptart_RSM44.jpg
76 KB, 600x425
I beat Silent Hill 2 tonight.

rejoice with me please.

start off thread soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNyxeSlnPw&list=PL3701130022801F23&index=4

that final read through of the letter... all the way to the end. ... Oh my god. It was amazing.

I played and beat SH1 when it released. After that I got really far away from the SH series for awhile.

Damn. I feel like this might be a boring thread because all I have to do is offer praise, but Silent Hill(2) thread.

I have a few other things that I can comment on, right away:
The fog effect. Oh my god there are some shots that are just so well created. In that ps2 "aesthetic".
The dubbing of the last line of Mary's full letter. When she says, "You made me happy." Oh my fucking goddd I'm on the edge of intense sadness.
Hmm what else. It was quirky and weird too.
I'd definitely say that it was a positive return to SH for me. I still remember being MORE fond of SH1, back in the day, But this one was erie as HELL and unique!
>>
File: SHill2_conceptart_bgkhL.jpg (59 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
SHill2_conceptart_bgkhL.jpg
59 KB, 460x600
I honestly forget the entire story of SH1. I don't remember it being this adult. Did I even understand thematic metaphors when in my late teens?

It has also been awhile since I played a game that was this adult. You can't front on that final full read through of the letter. .... If you have gone through shit like sickness and death and shit. Man it's not like much stuff is touching on this, every day. Ouch!

I applaud these directors and writers for doing this kind of stuff.
>>
Congraz, OP!
Better late than never, I suppose. Shame that you had to make a "return" now that the IP has been horribly raped and then DEAD for a whole decade. Anything after SH4 won't be worth your time... with exception of SH:SM maybe.

Yeah, SH1 is still my favorite of the bunch, after all these 17 years. It just has better balance and pacing of everything. People tend to try and diminish its plot to ridiculously stupid levels (partly thanks to the terrible Movie, which only shares the starting point).

I'd really recommend replaying SH1 again before jumping to #3. They are pretty much connected plot-wise. Plus, replaying all SH games is VERY recommended in general!

which ending did ya get?
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
Neat, a SH thread!
How about I re-post the handy SH PC Guide + these DL links ??

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>345068541
here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
Pete's OpenGL 1.78; has more options & better performance than 2.x versions.
Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.
>>
got the "Leaving" ending. did a little spoiling afterwards and read about the others. So I'm satisfied with getting the common ending. ... partially because some of those other ones seemed so DARK (and intense ha). I was effected enough by the "Leaving" one.

damn I guess I was not aware that they were connected plot-wise.

and yeah I liked the movie, and understood about how it was a mix of stories and shit. Mmm yeah SH1 just had that whole world on such a good playable style.
>>
>>345068772
that was in reply to
>>345068334

Anyway. This piano is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDKx1Rp1yAA&index=24&list=PL3701130022801F23
>>
>>345068541
we'll see for how long.

Might anyone be aware of a stream of the first SH movie though? I need some similarly styled x/ or horror.
>>
File: sh3 1080p amusement park.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sh3 1080p amusement park.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>345068772
>did bit of spoiling
please don't do that. More than half of the SH's appeal, especially SH2's, is the way the game follows your actions to determine the outcome, and how it tends to change stuff already prior to the ending itself.

But yeah, "Leave" and "In the water" are the most common 1st timer endings, out of which the "In the water" has become accepted as the "official" one. TS mentioned it being their favorite and fitting the game's mood too.

While all the original SH games do have these connecting, over-arching background lore, SH2 was a small department from the SH1's plot, while 3 kinda does return to similar style, and certain familiar elements. SH4 could be said to be like a fancy mix of these two "schools", and also a lot more experimental title compared to first three in general.

>>345069212
>wanting to watch SH movie
jesus fucking christ WHY??
Just go watch Jacob's Ladder, The Mist, and Black Swan.
Two of those were literally inspirations for Silent Hill, and the latter is way more "SH-like" mindfuck trip than the official crap.
>>
Is the remaster worth getting ?

I know each version has issues
>>
>>345069929
>Is the remaster worth getting ?
What "remaster"?

The legendarily god-awful, absolute blunder of the century "HD" "Collection", of which some fans did a two hours long review and analysis film on YT, telling nothing but how bad and broken it is?

Yeah, fuck no! Avoid it like plague.
If you want REAL "HD" versions, play the PC porst! Grab 'em from the links above.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.