[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth playing today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: MystCover.png (109 KB, 256x307) Image search: [Google]
MystCover.png
109 KB, 256x307
Is this worth playing today?
>>
>>345061651
Play it and decide for yourself
>>
>>345062007
Okay. Thank you for the advice papa anon
>>
>>345061651
Play the latest version. Its pretty rad. The only puzzle that sucks is the rail thing. Needed a walkthrough for that since for some reason mapping it out on my version didn't work. Myst 3 is the best though.
>>
Yes, but the sequel, Riven, is better. It's even better if you play MYST first though.
>>
>>345063034
Fuck everything about that rail puzzle.
But yeah, give the game a go. There are a few different versions of the game, I'd suggest playing the newest one that was release a couple years ago.
Don't give up on the game until you find your first age. If you aren't having fun by then, the game just isn't your thing.
>>
Whats the best version?
>>
>decide to look into it on Steam
>6 different versions with massively different reviews

This game is too hard, I haven't even bought it yet and I'm already stuck.
>>
>Original
Dated but enjoyable for some
>Myst Masterpiece edetion
Same as original only with graphics.
>RealMyst
Myst with 3d movement rather than point and click
>RealMyst masterpiece edition
This is what I prefer since it has all the content, graphics, and 3d movement.
>>
>>345063841

>If you aren't having fun by then, the game just isn't your thing.

This.

It'd say it worth playing Myst so you can atleast say you've played one of the best adventure game for its time, but it really is an aqcuired taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1115x890) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1115x890
>>345063297
>Riven

When did my long lost brother come into this thread

Also I still have my boxes copy of myst with the peopl catalog and the sealed letter for when you get really stuck. It's a fucking great game and I can guarantee you won't find better puzzles than these games, though yes Riven is better for puzzles and atmosphere. The steam version works fine, and doesn't have the disc issue of the original (tfw when you're stuck and you spend hours of your day going back and forth to each island and you spend most of that time switching discs and loading)
>>
>>345061651
Well yes of course, why not?
>>
>>345063890
Wanting to know this too.
>>
>>345064306
I can imagine having an old ass computer and doing this. Must've been something else living in the 90's.
>>
>>345064636
Not that many games fucked up that hard.
>>
>>345064816
I don't think it's the discs that piques my curiosity, more so the novelty of having to switch your discs ever so often.
>>
File: transformers_the_movie.jpg (101 KB, 605x905) Image search: [Google]
transformers_the_movie.jpg
101 KB, 605x905
>>345064306
>>345064636
>not having a multi disc changer for your pc
>>
>>345061651
I first played it a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.
>>
File: obd-kaptar-02-100622946-orig[1].png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
obd-kaptar-02-100622946-orig[1].png
2 MB, 1920x1080
This is the only game I had to take notes on and was able to finish it.

I know I'm a casual but riven was way too hard for younger me.

Anyone hype for Obduction later this month?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsWHoOKa24E
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.