[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is tripwire do with this game? Did it flop or hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What the fuck is tripwire do with this game? Did it flop or hard something? RO ostfront had loads of tanks and weapons. Where are my content patches for RO2? We got an mg42 and that's it. The tanks and tank mechanics are boring as fuck, whereas in RO1 you could have shells bounce of the armor if you hit at different angles. It was glorious.

Ro2 was just a mistake. Nothing more than a CoD clone with skinnerbox features
>>
>>345058075
did tripwire do with this game*
>>
>>345058075
This game has a huge community. Plenty of full servers bro. Love this game.
>>
>>345058269
did you play RO1?
>>
File: 1468278382143.jpg (69 KB, 610x718) Image search: [Google]
1468278382143.jpg
69 KB, 610x718
>>345058269
>tfw thought you complained about this having a shit community
Thats what happens when you only read the first sentence. I agree though on the tanks and content patches.
>>
>>345058075
if i remember correctly some other game came out at the same time that sucked up all its hype. and i remember having to lead my shots by an extra full second just to counter the lag. it's way better now tho.
>>
>>345058385
I have not man.
>>
>you will never mount a gun turret facing backwards with your arms twisted behind you
>>
>>345058478
If you like Ro2 you should pick up ro1 when it's on a cheap sale. I think there's still a community for it, at least there is for the Darkest Hour mod (western front mod). The infantry gameplay isn't as fast paced or responsive as RO2 but the tank gameplay is awesome.

>tfw manning a tiger 1 against t-34s

no better feeling.
>>
>>345058904
I sure will.
>>
>>345058075
If RO1 was so great then it wouldn't be dead.
>>
>>345059354
I dont think you know its history bud. It was "dead" years before RO2, with only two full servers at any point in time
>>
>>345058075

they launched a beta. It was broken as fuck.

then they launched the game proper and it was even more broken somehow.

it took them over a year to fix it to acceptable levels.

then they dropped it for two more years, all while actively destroying fan communities and the modding scene with permissions and bullshit server rules.

around 2014 they hired another studio to release some content for it, like troop transports and a couple guns, on top of even more bug fixes.

they've let it die on it's own ever since.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.