[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Iwata literally predicted the Nintendo mobile boom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 275x275
Reminder that Iwata literally predicted the Nintendo mobile boom and the soon-after fall of Nintendo :

>"Will Nintendo shift development resources to mobile gaming and start developing for smartphones?"

>"This is absolutely not under consideration," replied Iwata. "If we did this, Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo. Having a hardware development team in-house is a major strength. It's the duty of management to make use of those strengths. "

>"It's probably the correct decision in the sense that the moment we started to release games on smartphones we'd make profits. However, I believe my responsibility is not to short term profits, but to Nintendo's mid and long term competitive strength."
>>
File: 1468542257216.jpg (137 KB, 1080x1132) Image search: [Google]
1468542257216.jpg
137 KB, 1080x1132
>Pay2win and microtansaction is only okay when Nintendo does it
>>
>>345058128
>Pay2win
you fucking retard there is no "winning" in pokemon go, you cant battle other people or compete in any meaningful way
>>
File: Nintendo Presidents.png (612 KB, 928x525) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Presidents.png
612 KB, 928x525
>>345057596
The difference between these two Nintendo presidents.
>>
File: Rise Above.jpg (31 KB, 587x720) Image search: [Google]
Rise Above.jpg
31 KB, 587x720
>Made by Nintendo
>>
Well considering all their mobile games are outsourced it's still true

Not for long, likely
>>
>>345057596
>"Will Nintendo shift development resources to mobile gaming and start developing for smartphones?"

So far, we haven't seen any evidence of this happening. They didn't develop Pokemon GO, they fucking licensed Pokemon to a different company to make the game.

So, resources weren't shifted anywhere you fuckwit
>>
>>345058128
The game is pay to be a lazy cunt, if you're active like the game is meant to be played, and aren't unlucky enough to live in a rural area with no stops, you'll have no problems maintaining capped items.
>>
>>345057596
remember when Reggie told us that Nintendo would NEVER do DLC?
>>
>>345058659
>>345058659
proof??
>>
>>345057596
he is right about short term-inal cancer
>>
the fact that they waited so long is their undoing

they should have jumped in as soon as possible, so the mobile money could sustain their consoles. now it's either or, either they go full mobile or die as a console manufacturer and go third party.
>>
>>345057596
>Nintendo's mid and long term competitive strength
As much as I find mobile games uninteresting, mobile gaming isn't going anywhere. It's here to stay. Nintendo needs to get a piece of that pie to somewhat remain relevant where they can't hope to compete with their own hardware. The real danger to Nintendo comes in the form of focusing too much on platforms other than their own.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.