[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this a thing, even a decade after the strategy guide market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: dungeon.png (8 KB, 560x480) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.png
8 KB, 560x480
Why is this a thing, even a decade after the strategy guide market died?
>>
Name a game that's done that in recent memory that wasn't just a hallway that had no going back EVER.
>>
>>345049839
>implying a new game that does this wouldn't have some form of item dowsing and 3 different tips about attacking walls for secrets
>>
>>345050054
Off the top of my head FFXIII had hallways with missable stuff
>>
>>345050175
>That wasn't just a hallway

>This game was a hallway

okay thanks bro.
>>
Why do I feel like Vagrant Story did this even though I don't remember it doing this.
>>
File: thisisballs.png (12 KB, 668x453) Image search: [Google]
thisisballs.png
12 KB, 668x453
>>
>>345049839
why are you getting pissed off at an imaginary dungeon?
>>
>>345050493
fucking mist in dark souls
>>
File: sowhyjumpfirsttime.png (12 KB, 668x453) Image search: [Google]
sowhyjumpfirsttime.png
12 KB, 668x453
>>
>>345050706
spotted the faggot who doesnt play dark souls
the mist goes away after you kill the boss retard
>>
>>345050876
yeah, but the mist could be a bonfire that saves you a 30 minute drudge to the bonfire, and you've been skipping it because you thought it was the boss.
>>
File: latest[1].png (73 KB, 5120x720) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
73 KB, 5120x720
>>345050769
?
>>
>>345050054
Ori and the Blind Forest had collectibles that counted toward 100% completion located in dungeons that you can't access again after finishing them.

Having said that, the Definitive Edition made it so that you *can* go back to pick up anything you missed the first time through.
>>
>>345051556
>99% because of one fucking collectible that i died intentionally 20+ times after failing to get in the tree before saying fuck it

i love how the hardest part of the game was 1/3 through it. my friend said the end kuro sequence took him 40+ tries and it took me 5. lol.
>>
File: Soulsborne level design.png (24 KB, 1088x748) Image search: [Google]
Soulsborne level design.png
24 KB, 1088x748
>>
>go a really hard way
>this must be the way to the item
>nope it's the next area
>go back and go the easy way
>item 10 feet away

for fucks sake
>>
>>345050375
I don't think it did that. I'd remember if it did because it would annoy me. It did have very low drop chance shit though like that Holy Win weapon.
>>
>>345051984
I felt that happened a few times in DS3 as well. Just replace door with elevator.
>>
>>345052230
All the good levels are that way in DS3.
The Cathedral of the Deep and the Grand Archives especially.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.