[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the hardest game ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: castlevania-wall.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-wall.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
>>
moving out of moms basement
>>
Pick any souls game :^)
>>
>>345046339
first post best post
>>
>>345046284
Pretty sure Dracula X was harder.
>>
Demons Souls or SMT Nocturne.
>>
I found megaman 1 to be harder.
>>
>>345046284
The game of life.
>>
>>345046339
That is fucking easy
>>
>>345046284
>>345046284
This game had some real shitty jumping sections but general consensus is Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden I are hardest
>>
>>345046568
There are literally unbeatable games out there. Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads can be beaten by normies, if they try hard enough.
>>
>what is Wizardry IV
>>
Mighty Milky Way, Time Bomb Mode

Dead serious
>>
>>345046284
Not even the hardest in the series, try 3.
>>
Ninja Gaiden was harder overall, but also much worse.
>>
File: Simon's quest town.png (1011 KB, 4096x3584) Image search: [Google]
Simon's quest town.png
1011 KB, 4096x3584
>>345046284
This is.
>>
>>345046434
>>345046352
souls games are literally so damn easy
>>
>>345046964
Rondo of blood is easy anon.
>>
>>345046857
this. But not 3, x68000 is the hardest
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>345046964
No this is.
>>
The original Far Cry was fucking hard if you're looking for a challenging FPS.
>>
>>345047315
I'm playing through Dark Souls for the first time right now, when is this game's biggest difficulty spike? I recently got an adapter for a Wii U controller and while adjusting to the controls I died to the Taurus Demon like 3 times, but I wouldn't consider that anything other than a minor irritation. I've seen plenty of things that ought to have killed me, like the dragon ambush, doorways that have an enemy in plain view while another hides to the side to stab you in the back once you engage the first, cliffs with several undead that try to push you toward the edge, you get the idea. Despite all that I haven't died to much just by playing cautious, and I'd wager most of my future deaths are going to come from unexpected ambushes or just not understanding a boss' moveset or threat capability. I know this isn't the hardest game out there, but hell, this isn't even the hardest game I've played. When do things get difficult?
>>
File: 1466064570461.jpg (291 KB, 595x587) Image search: [Google]
1466064570461.jpg
291 KB, 595x587
Not even the hardest Castlevania.
Man, Castlevania 3 in hard, Alucard route, is fucking amazing.
>>
>>345049513
Same, I'm playing Demon's Souls right now and other than being lost in a couple of levels, it's no big deal. Especially after you grind, which gives you a huge advantage.
Honestly, I'd rather have the game remove experience points and have a good difficulty curve. But then again, that would make it less replayable since there wouldn't be a need for a different build.
>>
File: fucking wiz4.gif (46 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
fucking wiz4.gif
46 KB, 560x560
>>345046284
Nah.
>>
>>345049812
The only way I can see this game being hard is if I seriously fuck up a build and completely refuse to try any other strategies when I get really stuck. I can see the frustration in having to go get all your stuff back once you die (which is inevitable), but that's something I'd consider tedious, not exactly difficult. The whole "Dark Souls is hard" thing HAS to come from people either trying to rush through the game or total retards, because I'm not seeing it yet.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.