[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How were you suppose to know that you had to wait for Shadow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ss (2016-07-14 at 07.08.47).png (170 KB, 976x698) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-14 at 07.08.47).png
170 KB, 976x698
How were you suppose to know that you had to wait for Shadow?
>>
One of your friends told you about it.
>>
>>345040435
I don't know, but I just did. I believed in him.
Didn't you believe in him?
>>
Old JRPGs were full of dumb secrets like this. They were meant to sell paper guides. Thank the internet for that practice dying out.
>>
How were you supposed to know to land on one specific, tiny, featureless island and let a monster defeat you there to find Gogo?
>>
It says "Wait for Shadow" when it first prompts you to pick an option.
>>
>>345040435
Funnily enough on my first playthrough of FFVI I waited, but I didn't know about Shadow. I just though the airship wasn't completely below us just yet, so I waited a bit. Then when Shadow showed up I thought "Well it's probably a game over if you jump too early." and didn't think anything of it.
>>
>>345040704
There are plenty of examples for what you're talking about, but this case makes sense in-universe because you are actually waiting for a friend until the last minute.
>>
>>345040435
Why would you run at full speed instead of waiting until the last minute, just in case?
>>
>>345040728
JRPG instict would tell you to land on that tiny island to see if there's a secret.
Strong monster shows up, you're probably underleveled by the time you get there, you party gets eaten and you get in secret area.
I mean, it's what happened to me.
>>
>>345040435
Definitely vague, but not entirely unhinted at. When you reach that point, your options are
>Jump for it!
>Gotta wait for Shadow!
But yea, I didn't learn about it either until we got the internet.

>>345040728
There are a few NPCs that drop hints about. If me and my brother could figure it out when we were 10, I'm sure other people could too.
>>
I miss hidden characters, though. What was the last time a jrpg had completely optional hidden characters like Gogo, Umaro, Vincent, Yuffie,,or even Magus.

Why is this not a thing anymore?
>>
>>345041593
Every SaGa game ever.
>>
>>345041737
We haven't gotten a SaGa game here for quite a while, though, and the last few we did get were flawed, bordering on unplayable.
>>
File: romancing saga 2.jpg (1 MB, 2100x1398) Image search: [Google]
romancing saga 2.jpg
1 MB, 2100x1398
>>345042019
This just came out in English a month or two ago.
>>
>>345040871
No, it says "Wait." Not "Wait for Shadow"
>>
>>345042019
SF2, Minstrel Song, and TLR's PC release were fine. It's Unlimited SaGa and the original release of TLR that were shit.
>>
>>345042521
Wait again.
>>
File: Carnival night.png (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Carnival night.png
148 KB, 640x480
???
>>
>>345040435
>(Gotta wait for Shadow...)
Gee, I dunno.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.