[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened? Asking as someone who hasn't played the games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: jak.jpg (261 KB, 860x756) Image search: [Google]
jak.jpg
261 KB, 860x756
What happened?
Asking as someone who hasn't played the games
>>
They wanted to add an edge to it and bit off way more then they could chew. At least 3 fixes most of the mistakes from 2.
>>
'We growed up'- Naughty Dog.
>>
They played GTA.
>>
>What do kids these days like
>Let's do that, but bad
>>
I'M GOING TO KILL PRAXIS
>>
>>345040043
At the end of the first game they find a time travel device and the second game begins with them traveling 1000 years into the future, where an evil warlord rules and captures Jak and tortures him for two years until Daxter rescues him.

In short, Naruto runs into Sauske

All four games are shit don't play them
>>
>>345040250
I genuinely do like 2, but 3 is so good. It'd be my favorite if the first one didn't come packed with all that sweet, sweet nostalgia.
>>
>>345041993
there's literally nothing wrong with saying this immediately after being tortured for years
>>
>>345040043
>Asking as someone who hasn't played the games
lmao
>>
the one on the right is objectively better.
the one on the left looks like jimmy neutron.
>>
>>345040043
At the start of the second game, Jak got pumped full of Dark Eco, basically evil energy, which changed him from innocent gymnastics boy saving the world with his wise cracking animal friend to edgy angry teenager who hates everyone and wants them dead.
On top of that, he gets exiled from his city in the third game, so he becomes even more pissed off.
Then they go and race cars or something.
>>
None of the Jak and Daxter games are good.
>>
File: fgdioj.jpg (27 KB, 480x387) Image search: [Google]
fgdioj.jpg
27 KB, 480x387
>haha guys jak 2 was way too edgy for me haha
>it's much better when he's not as serious
>>
>>345042509
I think people are more bothered by the fact that the series even became something where someone gets tortured and turns into a murderous psychopath in the first place. Jak's first words are just the epitome of all that.
>>
>>345042509
In a kids' game it kind of is
>>
>there are actually losers on /v/ who aren't going to kill praxis
>>
He was 15 in the left and 21 on the right

Do you look the same as when you were 15? Because I do desu.
>>
>>345042791
>kids game
>t for teen
>>
>>345042882
And the more the game went on the more of a bro he turned out to be. Erol was the real prick. Plus the Praxdog is voiced by Mr. Krabs, how much better can he get
>>
>>345042728
The thing is, even in Jak 2, Jak isn't super brooding all the time. There's tons of scenes that are meant to be comical and Jak at the very least does have a justifiable reason for why he's mad. But note, he never pushes his friends or allies away at all to be a brooding jackass.
>>
>>345043083
>mr krabs
>not lex luthor
>>
File: 250px-Conkerspockettalesboxart.jpg (32 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
250px-Conkerspockettalesboxart.jpg
32 KB, 250x247
Literally nothing wrong with sequels growing up along with their loyal fans
>>
all three jak games are fantastic. i wish naughty dog would actually make games like those again and not boring movie-like games like uncharted.

oh well, it will never happen.
>>
>>345042791
When I was a kid I thought it was fucking cool, so I think a kids game is probably the best fit for that plot line.
>>
tbqh i must be the only one who loved the Crash series, the Jak series, the Uncharted series, and now the LoU game.
>>
>>345040043
ow the edge happened. First one is a great platformer. Second is an edgy GTA wannabe with a horrid checkpointing system. 3 improves on 2, but it's still nowhere near as good as 1.

This is coming from someone who really liked 2 back in the day. Playing it as an adult, it really is just awful. At least 3 was tolerable.
>>
>>345040275
Isn't this essentially the gist of it? They wanted a character that aged with their audience?
>>
>>345043150
I hate this fucking argument. So we should give Mario guns and have him swear to kill Bowser? Fuck off.
>>
>>345042131
>All four games are shit don't play them

The fourth sure, but I am seriously wondering how the first three are shit.
>>
>>345043423
>there's literally no way for a game to "grow up" unless they're given guns
BRAVO AMERICA
>>
>It's another episode of /v/ being contrarian about Jak 2 despite most people here liking it
>>
>>345040043
Made it edgy and tried to get that COOL AND HIP GTA MUNNEY

Failed miserably and basically ruined what could have been a fun little IP.
>>
>>345040043
Praxus

Getting stuck in another time

Getting cucked by the city he saved

Outcasted to live in a fucking desert
>>
>>345043641
Well you think the story has matured? Not likely.
>>
>>345043738
I legitimately dislike the gameplay/tone shift between 1 and 2. Jak 1 is a great collectathon, Jak 2 is just a Simpsons hit and run rip off with rough checkpoints.
>>
>>345040043
GTA3 happened
>>
>>345043641
>>345043423
You're right.
We'll give Mario a fedora and a neckbeard, and start talking in which he speaks perma-virgin talk to Princess Peach and whiteknights her all along her journey of euphoria. Upon fighting Bowser, Mario tips his fedora and preaches violence is for the low intelligence and should debate in their beliefs.
>>
>>345044121
desu that would be pretty hysterical im down to play it
>>
>>345044121
I knew someone was going to say something like this sooner or later
>>
>>345043423
Different because Mario is a Mascot who should be there to attract children of its current generation. Jak wasn't seen as a Mascot so they changed up the formula. They also "kiddified" Ratchet and the fans still love him. Notice how Sonic and Mario charactets haven't really changed through the years. If it's a Mascot for that company it'll likely stock with one concept. It's really up to the devs of non mascot games id they want to go in a different direction.
>>
>>345043423
but zelda has glowed up and glowed down and the series is still doing fine

why are you so bad at making arguments friend
>>
File: 1467925491259.png (722 KB, 557x555) Image search: [Google]
1467925491259.png
722 KB, 557x555
>>345040043

Something about khakis and a broken nose.
>>
>>345044727
I understand if a company wants to change the way a mascot looks and appear to be more mature, but it doesn't align with the audience factor. It doesn't make sense to throw Jak into a more 'mature' world because the people playing it grew up. and we all know why ND made Jak 2 be like it is today, to make money off of GTA's success.
>>
>>345045007
Wow. Unbelievable. Wow.
>>
>>345045143
I remember back in the day where I would yell, jump, and collect things. Now I just gun down people and give mean looks. Unheard of
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.