[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One month Who else is ready for the GOTY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Federation Force gameplay.webm (3 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Federation Force gameplay.webm
3 MB, 400x240
>One month

Who else is ready for the GOTY?
>>
>first person shooter
>no KBM

Ewww. I can't even go back to Metroid Prime with its terrible controls, so why would this be any better?
>>
>>345034202
Dude, give it a rest. FPS games haven't been cutting edge on PC since before Goldeneye came out.
>>
>>345034039
I'm ready for Metroid 5 not another damn Prime game.
>>
>>345034374

>dude, lower your standards

How about no?
>>
>>345034039
>Federation Forced Meme
No thanks. Maybe if they release it on phones I still won't fucking play it.
>>
>http://metroid2remake.blogspot.mx/2016/07/the-last-stretch.html
Surely you mean this right OP?
>>
Isn't it too soon for Talos Principle 2?
>>
>>345035010
Haha.

That will be C & D relatively soon.

Besides, if you can't buy it in stores, it's not a 'real' Metroid game.

Also keep in mind it's a fucking remake.
>>
While it's looking better than that trailer they showed last E3(or whenever that was), it just looks like a watered down metroid prime with worse visuals. It may appeal to some people, especially if you have friends to play it with, but this will probably be massively looked over.
>>
>>345034039
No this actually spits in the face of the Metroid franchise, rather then take it in a better direction like they did with the prime series more the first prime game then why would I wanna lower my standards to play some chibi cash grab garbage
>>
>>345034732
How about yes?
>>
Federation Forced Meme.
>>
>>345035317

Not if I have to pay money for it. A price tag means I need to be very critical about even the smallest flaw in your title.
>>
>>345035169
>If you can't buy a game is not a real game
What did he man by this?
>>
File: sleeper.png (44 KB, 277x275) Image search: [Google]
sleeper.png
44 KB, 277x275
>>345034039
Yes, I'm ready for 3 months of forceful Nintendo marketing and damage control until the company they hired's contract runs out. I'm so ready for a shallow childrens FPS on a handheld that cant properly handle them. I'm ready for a team based spinoff game no one asked for.

Dropping the snarky sarcasm though, I won't be touching this spinoff even for free (pirating incase you're dense). It's a spit in the fans faces, even if it wasn't intended as such. After that bastardization of a Metroid game Other M, and that shallow pointer game with shit slow controls Prime 3 (yes even at max sensitivity, i hate having to put this in here everytime for you damage controlling prime babies) this is nothing but a slap in the face.

Suck a fat dick.
>>
File: HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING.png (324 KB, 718x388) Image search: [Google]
HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING.png
324 KB, 718x388
>>345035317
>Seriously telling someone to lower their standards

You seriously have NO FUCKING CLUE HOW INSULTING THAT IS. Gaming's standards have been lowering since 2006 you fucking shilling faggot KIKE. STANDARDS NEED TO BE RAISED, NOT LOWERED TO ACCOMODATE SHIT SPINOFFS NOT ONE FAN ASKED FOR.

Tie up some barbed wire, hang it from a bridge, put your head in it and jump off. Yes it's edgy, fuck you.
>>
Can they just take 2D Metroid away from Sakamoto already and give it to someone that actually wants to make a game?
>>
File: Kirby.png (567 KB, 476x611) Image search: [Google]
Kirby.png
567 KB, 476x611
>>345036664
>2D metroid ever again when they can ride the casual gimmick train
>corporate heads taking away from japanese devs, ever

It's like you don't know japanese greedy and prideful business practices. The company wont change till the old men die.
>>
>>345036828
>The company wont change till the old men die.
That's fine by me! I saw those miitomo interviews. Sakamoto's not looking any younger.
>>
This just seems a bit slow and tepid.

Metroid Prime Hunters was fast paced and had tight controls. The graphics were incredible for the platform but this new game actually looks worse.

I don't get it.
>>
File: 1467362569428.jpg (131 KB, 528x297) Image search: [Google]
1467362569428.jpg
131 KB, 528x297
>>345035010

>it's actually coming out

YES! HYPE IS HERE!
>>
I never saw the appeal of Metroid Prime. I mean, the games look like they have a good atmosphere at least (excluding FF), but the actual gameplay just looks uninteresting. You lock onto enemies and spam attack, missing whenever they do anything besides stand still? Just seems boring.
>>
>>345040067

Attacking isn't the focus of the game, it's about exploration and environmental traversal.
>>
>>345034039
The sad thing is, the initial core concept of this game isn't even that bad. This could of been Metroid's answer to shit like Star Wars: Republic Commando or Halo 3: ODST, a more action focused spinoff shooter game based around the stock trooper characters instead of the usual Master Chief or Samus.

The problem is, they released it on the wrong console, they gave it a stupid unfitting art style and most importantly, they're releasing it during a period where Metroid hasn't been getting any proper installments for the last couple of years.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.