[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people are already referring to human revolution as "the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: JCDenton1.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
JCDenton1.jpg
212 KB, 1024x768
>people are already referring to human revolution as "the first one".

>more and more people saying they can't play the original because it's too "dated"
How long before this
>>
>>345031257

How does the Missing Link even work in the Director's Cut edition? I just played it when it was DLC unconnected to the main game, so what happens with all the augs you had beforethat part in Director's Cut? What about after? Or you you just keep everything?
>>
>>345030718
>I just want Denton back as the protagonist.
why? The more they tackle the original story, they'll end up fucking things up, they clearly have inferior writers at eidos montreal.

They should just make a nanoaug era Deus Ex.

Try a side story, without touching places that the original had, try something like somewhere in Germany, Tokyo, and some other town of the US and or Canada. Maybe Chicago?

That way they could just expand the universe of Deus Ex without having to carefully walk around established content.
>>
>>345032020
>why? The more they tackle the original story, they'll end up fucking things up, they clearly have inferior writers at eidos montreal.

The great thing about Deus Ex was that the material wrote itself since it's based on real world conspiracies. Somewhere along the line some writer at Eidos Montreal forgot that.
>>
>>345032020

I'm telling you man, make it so you play as Paul. He never said which Denton
>>
>>345031494
>its a "i posted it again" chapter
>>
>>345032161
That would be fucking great. It's been quite a few years since i completed DX but what notable things did Paul do when he wasn't on screen and separated from his brother?
>>
>>345031805

I finished the Director's Cut game a few months ago, basically the DLC stuff happens as you play through the game, once Jensen enters that pod thing after Tracer makes him blow up that room or building or whatever Jensen wakes up on that ship and the DLC starts, then the regular game starts after you're done.
>>
>>345032154

Conspiracies just aren't as fun as they were in early 2000-2001.
>>
>>345032020

I guess you're right. I just wish they'd make another good DX game where you plat as Denton.
>>
>>345031805
No idea, I played it as a DLC too.

You probably keep everything you find in the DLC plus at the end you find all your belongings in a box or something and you get your praxis points back.
>>
File: dx.png (152 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dx.png
152 KB, 500x500
>>345032325
>>
>>345032161
They'll end up fucking up terribly. I'd rather have a new character for the nanoaug era, they'll have to write the game around the events of DX, which could end up badly.

Those are the same people who are making a game about "mechanical apartheid" with a straight face
>>
>>345032292
>>345032385

Yeah I forgot to mention, you get all your stuff back at the end plus all the praxis that was drained from you, and everything you earned in the DLC.
>>
>>345032292
They should've kept the Missing Lin DLC as a separate thing you could access in Director's Cut. Placing it into the main story really fucked with the flow of gameplay.
>>
>>345032431

It's not like the WTC wasn't already the victim of a terrorist attack at that point.
>>
>>345032161

Are they really going to make another game where you play as a Denton? Source?
>>
>>345032576

No I'm saying that's what they should do.
>>
>more and more people saying they can't play the original because it's too "dated"
How long before this

Who said this? I'm pretty sure the Normies never cared considering this game's nature is all about Conspiracy First and Augmented Shootan comes second.
>>
I finally got around to playing this game after seeing people here rave about it for years. Deus Ex? More like Deuce Sex, because this game is fucking shit.

I start the game, and some old guys are talking about some boring shit. Something about a plague, I guess. The only cool part was when they were talking about me being a supersoldier.

My hopes were dashed as soon as the game started. Considering I'm a "nano-aug" (what the fuck does that even mean?) the fact that I die in a handful of pistol shots is shitty.

Guns and melee in this game are both broken. It takes forever to line up a shot and bullets do laughable damage.

I couldn't even bear to finish playing the first level. Fuck this game, and fuck /V/ for calling this turd a great game.
>>
>>345031824

Pt.2
The solution to this is admittedly quite radical. We would have to dispense with the old Enlightenment ideal of progress towards some universalized humanity. We would even have to be able to say no to technological 'advancement' that is contrary to our human interests. But the idea of the New Dark Age is less material than philosophical:
>As long as technology has a global reach, someone will have the world in the palm of his hand. If not Bob Page, then Everett, Dowd...
>Not so drastic. A dark age, an age of city-states, craftsmen, government on a scale comprehensible to its citizens.
Society is best when it exists on a level comprehensible to the average person. Any attempt to construct global New World Order, whether through the subtle actions of an elite few or through the promise of technological transcendence, will invariably lost their interest in humanity.
>>
Hey bros this had been bothering me for quite sometime and I just can't trouble myself to install the game just to find out so here goes.

Does anyone remember in the early parts of a game a news feed on the tv or something that says London has a new Muslim mayor and New Manila ousted a communist president?

I'm pretty sure it was deus ex i
>>
>>345032619

Sorry, thought you were >>345031164
>>
>>345032725

I am, I was just talking in the form of wish fulfillment
>>
>When Paul Denton was five, Majestic 12 scientists determined that his physique and genetic makeup were the most suitable for the nano-augmentation project. His immune system was excellent, yet he had no allergic reactions to non-biological foreign materials in his body. He also had no predispositions to myopia, obesity, or heart disease, and he was highly intelligent.

>The scientists selected Paul as their test subject. Now they needed to find the precise spots in his brain where the nanites could intercept neural transmissions and convert them to commands. (These spots are different for every human being.) They also needed to implant nano-augmentations in Paul's body and test them.

>Since Paul himself was considered too valuable to experiment on, Majestic 12 scientists created a number of clones of Paul. These clones were allowed to grow until their brains (especially the language centers) were fully developed. Then the scientists performed experiments on each of the child clones, trying to find the "sweet spots" in the brain that would allow the clones to control nanites and receive information.
>>
File: JC.png (84 KB, 243x255) Image search: [Google]
JC.png
84 KB, 243x255
>>345032813
>>
>>345032325
Delta Green had a problem similar to that. 9/11 changed the political landscape so much that the conspiracy-heavy Delta Green had to change the tone of later supplements. And funnily enough, it made the Targets of Opportunity book more viable because it was felt that in the mid-to-late 90s, the "grand guignol" approach of what could become said book didn't fit the the tone of Delta Green.

Finding Delta Green and Deus Ex at roughly the same time has made my current setting holy grail a mix of cyberpunk and cosmic horror. Especially if it has an 80s view of the future.
>>
File: jc.jpg (88 KB, 757x541) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
88 KB, 757x541
Whoever mentioned the GMDX mod last thread, thank you.
I was never really sold on mods for it, but this one looks amazing. Adds a shit ton of extra detail and features without fucking up the feel of the original.
>>
Mankind Divided is going to be shit. Fucking mechanical apartheid.
>>
>>345033069
>Fucking mechanical apartheid.

Yep...as if it hasn't been done to death already.
>>
>>345031805

Simple.

>Total reset when you get to that segment.
>When you get to portion where hacker leaves Praxis kits for you, he leaves your guns in that area as well but only the guns, not the ammo.
>When you talk to him at the end, you regain control briefly and find the rest of your shit including lost praxis kits in a box right in front of the cyro pod you're supposed to climb into.
>>
>>345033117
>as if it hasn't been done to death already.
What other games actually do that though?
>>
>>345032712
How do we know the world is screwed up because of our current societal views and goals, or whether humanity has always been screwed up and we only know this now because we finally have the technology and methods to identify the problems?
>>
File: board guest.png (103 KB, 237x327) Image search: [Google]
board guest.png
103 KB, 237x327
>I think there's a bug in my copy of Deus Ex. I just can't get on the damn boat!

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>345033285
He forgot he was playing Berserk.
>>
>>345033239
Human Revolution
>>
>>345033283
That's a possibility, sure, but it still assumes a progressive view of history
>>
>>345033404
>done to death
>one game
>the game that preceded it
I don't think you know what "done to death" means.
>>
"There are so many kind of hypocritical, intersecting dialogs in our industry," Eidos Montreal's Jonathan Jacques-Belletete told Polygon in an interview.

"It’s a form of art, the people outside don’t think it’s art, it’s just stupid games. We’re fighting against those people. And then when we’re dealing with serious subjects suddenly we’re treated as little kids that are just doing video games again. This whole thing is completely ridiculous."

He went to discuss why the term is appropriate for the game.

"Deus Ex is about the human nature, it’s about the human condition through its own motifs, which is transhumanism, a lot of the way we’re treating it since we’re into the franchise," he continued.

"Humans will be bad to each other forever, as far as I’m considered. Segregating people that one caste, things are wrong or dangerous or inferior is a thing that will always sadly happen. Obviously we’re not condoning it, it’s an analogy for how sucky humanity is and showing it how it can happen in the future that deals with the technology we’re dealing with."
WELP
>>
>>345033285
Tried to jump on the police boat at the beginning of the game instead of activating it?
>>
>>345033528
Fuck off HRdrone.
>>
Can someone explain to me why the "dark ages" ending isn't bullshit?

I mean shit, sure there would be initial chaos but it would take a year to regain some communication network, a proto-internet network in Europe, US and southern Asia. It's not like the telephone cables just vanished the moment JC blew up Helios. In 10 years everything would be back at the same point. I mean really people forget that Internet is just a glorified LAN. Even shit in cloud isn't just magic dust, it's all running on physical server hubs, all it takes is just to power them up, connect a CAT5 and you're back in action.
>>
MD looks decent as a HR 2.0 but I'm not really feeling it.

The plot and characters don't really seem that intriguing. I'm mostly just looking forward to hopefully wrecking aug-haters.
It also seems a lot more cutscene heavy, and having mini-cutscenes for interacting with stuff in your apartment makes my internal alarm go off.
And there's just some minor stuff that puts me off like the cinematic takedowns honestly looking and feeling worse than those from HR, and other details like augs that can insta-take down several enemies at once.
>>
File: 1426706974069.jpg (13 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1426706974069.jpg
13 KB, 300x400
>>345031494
People were already referring to Human Revolution
as "the second one", so it's no surprise that people are now calling HR the first one.

Really, I don't see why people think Deus Ex is dated, I replay that shit at least once a year and it feels good every time.
>>
>>345033069
this mech apartheid shit sounds so contrived and stupid

if augs are going haywire and killing people why people don't.. remove them? Or find a way to crack the shit open to neutralize whatever is causing the madness. Having to go as far as to segregate people because they're potentially killing machines is just so damn stupid.

not to mention the whole aug racism angle they're pushing with this
>>
>>345033539
>it’s an analogy for how sucky humanity is
Prime word choice right there.
>>
>>345033657
Well it didn't last, that's what IW showed.
>>
>>345033069
Honestly I would not be surprised, the last one was not bad, but that's because it was made by Eidos.

Square has this thing for fucking shit up.
>>
>>345033764
I'd agree with you, but when you look at the current state of much of the world currently, you realize that most of humanity really is fucking retarded.
>>
>>345033710
maybe they're implying the second one made by eidos
>>
>>345033657
From a realism standpoint, yeah it doesn't make sense. But Tong implies that there will be (or he hopes there will be) a social and/or philosophical change that will redirect the course of humanity
>>
>>345033850
IW is a mishmash of all the endings, they couldn't go balls deep into any of them unless they did a single good choice in IW development process and picked a "canon" ending and actually developed it unless it would be the Illuminati ending at which point it's basically a clean start like the events of the first game didn't even happen
>>
File: Deus-Ex-The-Fall-07.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Deus-Ex-The-Fall-07.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
Anybody that likes Deus Ex should seriously watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPKQsSRB9Dc

Warren Spector gives his thoughts on the direction of the new Mankind Divided as well as the new write. Hearing both of them talking about what makes deus ex special to them is fascinating, you also get a good idea of the different philosophies between the new and the old. They actually disagree at some points as well.
>>
I have a friend that thinks it is dated, but he plays games with similar graphics. Then I found out he was just a libertarian faggot.
>>
>>345034118
You give people too much credit. These are the same people who think Skyrim was the first Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 was the first Fallout.
>>
>>345034265
>of Mankind Divided as well as the new writer*
>>
>>345034265
>some bitch writing the story
No wonder MD looks and will be shit.
>>
>>345033710
>Really, I don't see why people think Deus Ex is dated
Because of the low poly blurry texture graphics? Because of the core game mechanics, the aiming, moving about, AI, hit detection, etc.

It's far from modern so ofc it's dated, what else would you call it?

Sure it might feel good if it's your bowl of soup but that doesn't change the fact that it's dated. Shooters/RPG's haven't worked like this for over a decade.
>>
>>345034589
Yeah, what happened to Pacotti?
>>
>>345033539
I like the Eidos Montreal devs for their gumption at least.
>>
File: arm.png (2 MB, 1536x1151) Image search: [Google]
arm.png
2 MB, 1536x1151
>>345034091
No, the way they're portraying the "conflict" is beyond dumb.

So there's a trailer showing a woman who nearly killed her husband because of her mechanical arm by strangling him, as an example of the problems of augs.

So the obvious thing to do would be to get rid of the fucking arm, get a very cheap prosthetic arm, get one like pic related, or just don't have anything, if that means you can easily become a killing machine.

Instead they go with eidos montreal logic
>hurr I'm fine with my aug leg nearly killing my kids via stomping them, fuck getting crutches or a wheelchair, everything will be fine

They clearly didn't think things through. They could also avoid getting them after the first game had those episodes where people with augs couldn't even move
>>
>>345033764
The random killing is over, the apartheid is the result of people's bias against augs from the events of the last game where they went crazy. The issue with augs is that you can't just take someones limbs away, and all of them have a heavy reliance on drugs to make their limbs work.
>>
>>345034608

Christ, do you millenials actually think this?
Anyone who's played Half-Life 2 won't have a hard time adjusting to the original Deus Ex controls, if your thing is shooting and such then just mash all your points into shooting so you don't have to aim at the enemy for a few secs before firing.
>>
>>345033657
It's canonically bullshit.
>>
>>345034651
Funny enough, he actually liked the direction that human revolution took.

https://www.engadget.com/2012/03/01/ex-deus-ex-writer-sheldon-pacotti-on-massive-reactions-in-cell/
>>
>>345034878
By that standard, all of the endings are "canonically bullshit"
>>
>>345034763
I haven't really been reading much up on the lore surrounding MD, but that does indeed sound pretty stupid.
Not sure if the excuse is simply #StopAugShaming or what.
>>
>>345034872
>won't have a hard time adjusting to the original Deus Ex controls
See? You have to ADJUST to the controls which literally means that it's dated.

And I actually like the game, but it's dated, doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>345035002
I mean, they pretty much are. There's a reason the Illuminati ending mirrors the intro. That's dystopia for you.
>>
>>345034763
Plus we have electronic augs now that wouldn't hurt anybody like Deus Ex ones. The concept is idiotic, I bet they just couldn't think of a better story.
>>
>>345035096
Fuck off HRdrone.
>>
>Daily reminder Human Revolution takes place 10 years from now
>>
>>345034608
>Shooters/RPG's haven't worked like this for over a decade.
Examples? I can think of HR and EYE, where HR is even more awkward with the 3rd person leaning mechanic and EYE is just HL2 with spells.
>>
File: 20160701224532_1.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160701224532_1.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>345034265
>Warren Spector gives his thoughts on the direction of the new Mankind Divided as well as the new writer
A summary would be nice, I can't watch right now, so does he like the direction and the new writer or what?
>>
>>345035096

>Adjusting yourself to your current situation is bad, the situation should adjust itself to you!!1!

This is what makes most new games bad, no innovation or freedom, they build a linear path, make a few branching walkways here to give the player an illusion of freedom but eventually just ends up being the same.

DX has huge levels with so many twists and turns it's easy to get lost, and this is not a bad thing, it adds immense depth and makes the game fun, you'll have to play and figure out what to do yourself rather than being pointed in one direction and then gun/beat down every enemy in your way.
>>
File: 1462215280012.jpg (52 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
1462215280012.jpg
52 KB, 400x357
>>345034265
33:15
Yep, it's going 'refuges are augmented' route, you just afraid of them, you fucking bigot because they are different. It's going to be so much fun guys, brb preordering.
>>
ok so I played an hour of GMDX but I feel like half the features it listened aren't in my game
>>
>>345035703
Was there a reason for her to be completely silent?

I heard that she is in the Icarus Effect but I haven't got around to reading it yet. Is she silent in the novel, too?
>>
>>345035294
Didn't much care for HR.

>>345035361
Borderlands, it plays like a modern video game.

The literal definition of dated is something that feels old-fashioned, which DX1 obviously does because it's around 15 years old.

I don't know why people take offense over this though like it's a bad thing or something? Most games from the 90's and early 00's are dated, because technology evolves and gameplay gets more streamlined and intuitive which changes the overall feel of the game. It happens with every other genre too.
>>
>>345035938
I just realized that she didn't say a word in the game, I guess it just adds to how amazing HR's bosses are.
>>
>>345035821
I'm not sure if you replied to a wrong post, but I never said any of the things you implied in your post.

Like you just said yourself, it's different from modern games, which means it's dated.
>>
File: cathedral.jpg (20 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
cathedral.jpg
20 KB, 400x239
>75 people killed 100 wounded in paris just now

wew
>>
>>345036015
Of course it does "dated" has a lot of negative connotations.
>>
File: 1459514409787.png (560 KB, 700x459) Image search: [Google]
1459514409787.png
560 KB, 700x459
>>345036315
And just who it might be I wonder...
>>
>>345036315
Again?!

Good God, we really are living in a Deus Ex world
>>
>>345036823
>Again?!

Yup, fucking animals. RT stream here.

https://www.rt.com/on-air/
>>
>>345036015
Because while I see your point in graphics and gameplay mechanics but you mentioned stuff like movement, hit detection and shooting, which is literally the same as any FPS since Quake. One could argue that AI actually regressed back since days of FEAR and Crysis.
>>
>>345031494
squeenix deus ex games are kinda their own thing, so calling HR "the first one" in context of discussing them don't make me angry.
>>
>>345031805
>How does the Missing Link even work in the Director's Cut edition?
by completely killing the pacing of the game

DC was a mistake
>>
>>345033539
>Deus Ex is about the human nature
I thought it was about conspiracies
>>
>>345034265
>They actually disagree at some points
Shit's awkward
>>
>>345031494

Except that's right.

I could play doom 1 perfectly. But I can't stand playing original deus ex and games like system shock 1&2, they just don't age well.
>>
>>345037083
It's kind of about human nature, but in much more of the macro sense
>>345037224
If they just agreed with each other the whole time, it wouldn't be an interesting conversation
>>
I could never manage to configure the controls to something I liked, so I ended up dropping it after the tutorial level on multiple occasions.
>>
>>345037378
You sound fucking stupid.
>>
>>345035837
>Deus Ex has finally gone to shit
Never thought I would've seen it happen so soon.
>>
What other games do exploring and world-building as well as Deus Ex?
>>
File: 1222943988911.jpg (37 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1222943988911.jpg
37 KB, 250x247
>>345036120
>how amazing HR's bosses are
They have no personality, you mostly get introduced to them before the fights, it's lazily done, compare it to Gunther and Ana in Deus Ex. HR just rehashed those two, but killed anything interesting about them. Fedorova is pseudo Ana, Barrett is pseudo Gunther.
>>
>>345037346
>It's kind of about human nature
No it's about conspiracies. Fuck off.
>>
So I'm playing GMDX with kentie launcher, DX10, and the default setting looks way too dark. I'm wondering how well lit Liberty Island is, because I remember being able to do shit in it.

Now if you type preferences in the chatbox, and turn ClassicLighting false, it looks more lit, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like that.

is there a config guide somewhere?
>>
>>345037672
And Namir is supposed to be pseudo-Walton Simons, right?
>>
>>345034763
>have limbs to be required to work in an autistic mode
>no more problems
Stupid decision to have them linked to your Facebook and Google account and have all the chips be of the same design from one manufacturer in the first place.

>>345036904
>ISIS literally fucking themselves over in the long term instead of peacefully integrating and slowling outbreeding Euros
You know you fucked up when you're an ethnic minority and Germans start talking about you like a "problem"
>>
>>345037664
Dishonored. It closely follows deux ex formula in general
>>
>>345037761
Post pics. Also, does GMDX has that Thief climb thingy like Biomod?
>>
>>345037774
No, just some Mr McBadguy
>>
File: 1460290279701.png (173 KB, 331x327) Image search: [Google]
1460290279701.png
173 KB, 331x327
>>345037672
I thought I should of put 'amazing' in quotes but forgot for some reason. I know they suck, everyone knows it. Sorry for misleading you.
>>
>>345031494

Human Revolution is the first one chronologically.
>>
>>345037919
I mean Walton Simons in the way that Simons was supposed to be a twisted mirror image of the protagonist. Simons had the same nanoaugs (better even) as JC, and Jaron Namir is even more mechanically augmented than Adam.
>>
>>345037851
GMDX has mantling yea, but I disabled it.

Gimme a sec, I'm going to post pictures since you can't alt tab
>>
>>345038060
Yeah, i guess you right.
>>
File: deusex 2016-07-14 20-47-00-060.jpg (810 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
deusex 2016-07-14 20-47-00-060.jpg
810 KB, 1600x900
>>345037851
How weird, now the game's lighting looks better, now that I want to take pictures with it.

Here's DX10 with Classiclighting False
>>
>>345038707
Godamn that looks ugly.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>345038060
I didn't even think about them in this way, I don't know if it's flattering or even more insulting this way
>>
>>345036315
A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world.
>>
File: deusex 2016-07-14 20-51-39-273.jpg (823 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
deusex 2016-07-14 20-51-39-273.jpg
823 KB, 1600x900
>>345038707
DX10 classic lighting true

this used to be dark as fuck for some reason
>>
>>345033069
stop being cynical just so you can shitpost faggot
>>
>>345034589
she wrote dxhr too you idiot
>>
File: deusex 2016-07-14 20-53-31-965.jpg (639 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
deusex 2016-07-14 20-53-31-965.jpg
639 KB, 1600x900
>>345038992
and here's OpenGL
>>
>>345038992
>>345039124
HR aged badly.
>>
I got to Paris in the original and it was pretty bad.
>>
>20 min preview
>that guy at the beginning yelling some shit in arab
>mfw you can read in DX1 about Islam fucking Europe's shit up
>>
>>345039002
>>345039097
Fuck off HRdrones.
>>
>>345031494
I played the original at release.

HR is easier to play.
You don't have to install several mods to make it playable.
You don't have to spend 5 minutes rebinding the controls.
You don't have to install another mod or two to fix the resolution.
It's less tedious to play HR than 1.

Also dhr is the first one chronologically speaking in the games timeline.
>>
>>345039425
>you can read in DX1 about Islam fucking Europe's shit up
post the exact note
>>
>>345039425
fuck off
>>
>>345038992
>>345038707
The upped contrast doesn't really work with the sprites and even those textures. Just look at the "lens flares" and the striped pavement, which I presume is the artist trying to be true to the original, which was 16bit palette if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>345037664
Thief.
>>
>>345039562
>install several mods to make it playable
>install another mod or two to fix the resolution
Deus Exe is one thing.
>>
>>345039610
>Middle East
>The Middle East has long been under the control of the Illuminati, and later, Majestic 12. These groups held the reins on international terrorists based in the region, and the Bilderberg Group controlled the oil companies that had a stranglehold on the regions finances.
>With the successful pan-Arab invasion of Israel in 2022, Majestic 12 control of the region is total.
My bad, it was Israel not Europe and I guess it's not canon.
http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx/bible/
>>
>>345039562
HRdrones confirmed for being too stupid to play a simple game.
>>
File: 1468041823811.jpg (143 KB, 501x642) Image search: [Google]
1468041823811.jpg
143 KB, 501x642
Stick with the prod.
Prod with the prod.
Just in case though, we're police.
>>
>>345039946
>>345039439
do you have any other argument aside from "HRdrone"?

how does it make me stupid in any way? I'd rather not have to install several mods to make a game playable.
That does not equate to me being unable to. I'd just rather not.

With HR you don't have to install any mods. That's convenient.
>>
>>345039562
Do you also play Metal Gear/watch Star Wars in chronological order
>>
>>345040112
>I'd rather not have to install several mods to make a game playable.
>>345039810
>>
>>345040126
no, but "the first star wars" means either episode 1 or episode 4
>>
>>345032702
Here's your (You), now vanish
>>
>>345039562
>playable
Vanilla Deus Ex is perfectly playable, people install mods to make it look better.

Now Human Revolution on top of flaws with the gameplay, doesn't have modding support. Mankind Divided is probably going to follow suit, being a given since it's using Denuvo.
>>
>>345040112
So what you're saying is, you'd rather eat shit because it's convenient. Glad to hear that.
>>
>>345040486
Oh I get it, you're one of those STALKERfags and New Vegafags who claim your games are amazing but only if you install hundreds of mods.
>>
File: 1312430247913.jpg (12 KB, 231x231) Image search: [Google]
1312430247913.jpg
12 KB, 231x231
>>345036904
>click on link
>first words I hear are "Donald Trump"
>>
>>345040951
No, Deus Ex looks like ass. It looked like ass even back when it came out. A lot of those recommended mods for first time playthroughs make the game look less like ass.
>>
>>345034265
I'm not a fan of "aim at cover and press X to automatically move there"
>>
>>345040630
there's no need to be a cunt about it anon
>>
File: 1466880250477.png (150 KB, 395x960) Image search: [Google]
1466880250477.png
150 KB, 395x960
>>345031494
>HR is good
>game consists of navigating through vents and offices
>press X to takedown
>have to eat candy bars to be able to do one button takedowns
>no environmental exploration rewards
>no doors that can be forced by bashing into them or using explosives
>visual style that doesn't match the original's grim world at all
>augs dumbed down severely and many are contextual only
>some of the worst bossfights in any videogame
Why do people like this shit again?
>>
>>345040951
but vanilla vegas and stalker are both amazing games

go back reddit
>>
>>345041516
Fucking this.
>>
>>345041516
because you don't have to rebind keys apparently
>>
>>345041516
I could point out the negatives of dx1 in a neat list too and be just as retarded as you
>>
File: a-bomb-JC.png (244 KB, 320x276) Image search: [Google]
a-bomb-JC.png
244 KB, 320x276
>Thread has devolved into HR vs DX and bashing the other game
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>345040951
>Vanilla Deus Ex is perfectly playable
>claim your games are amazing but only if you install hundreds of mo
Did you have a stroke while you were writing this?
>>
>>345041696
But you have to...
>>
>>345039562
It takes less time to patch up Deus Ex than it does to sit through HR's shitty introduction.
>>
>>345042061
you're just mad that your shitty game is not liked around here
>>
File: dxmd - walls.png (656 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
dxmd - walls.png
656 KB, 960x540
>>345034265
>non-lethal typhoon
neat

>>345041431
that was in HR. You get shot if you do it in line of sight of hostiles.
>>
>>345042421
>that hud

fucking disgusting
>>
>>345042421
>implying it was acceptable in HR
Fuck off.
>>
>>345042496
>currently in development
>>
>>345042582
>B-BUT IT'S STILL IN DEVELOPMENT
Fuck off HRdrone
>>
>>345042421
was it a console thing? I don't remember look at cover and click to move there.

I also wish they would limit the awareness tools like the wallhack and the minimap, you have 300 ways to see where everyone is, and another 400 ways to kill them or knock them out.

Feels a bit excessive when you can knock 4 guys out at a distance from a corner shot. It's like Bam Ham Nig, the fear takedowns allowing you to put 4 guys out was excessive.
>>
>>345042727
it was in the PC. you get a little thought bubble or whatever that appears showing jensen doing a roll to get to some other side.

>>345042663
what is this HRdrone meme? it's the first i've ever heard of it. I thought we only disliked shit games. Are we not allowed to like things that are good now? HR is one of the very few games /v/ recommended that i thoroughly enjoyed.
>>
>>345042989
>I thought we only disliked shit games.
HR is a shit game that no one ever liked. Now fuck off.
>>
>>345031494
Their loss.
>>
>>345043156
The leak of HR changed /v/'s opinion for the better, five years ago. You fuck off.
>>
>>345032723
In the first deus ex all the news feeds are gibberish.
>>
>>345043437
And then the game came out and everyone realized how shit it was. Now fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>345037612
It already happened with Invisible Wars
>>
>>345033886
Eidos is making this one too, Square Enix is the publisher for both Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.
>>
>>345032325

they were more "fun" before you realized the Conspiracy is real. The redpill makes Dood Sex terrifying because you realize we're already in it.
>>
The overwhelming majority of people who love the original but hate HR are contrarian nostalgiafags.

Apart from maybe the plot, I literally can't think of anything that the original Deus Ex does better than HR. It's hardly an Elder Scrolls scenario where things are getting progressively dumbed down. The exploration, stealth, RPG growth, and combat are still there in full force. They're just smoother.
>>
>>345044127
>RPG growth

no
>>
>>345044127
How can one man have such shit tastes?
>>
>>345044283
Because he's an HR babby that couldn't get into Dx
>>
File: ineveraskedforthisshit.png (87 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
ineveraskedforthisshit.png
87 KB, 260x194
>>345034608
the moving about? what the fuck? did you even use fast running aug to turn the game into fucking prototype? shit, install biomod and level athletics skill on top of that and scale fuckin buildings.
hit detection is fine, aiming is acceptable if you take popular modern games like CS:GO as an example of what's acceptable. this entire post sounds like it was made by someone who didn't level any skills throughout the entire game.
>>
File: cancer speaks out.jpg (69 KB, 697x396) Image search: [Google]
cancer speaks out.jpg
69 KB, 697x396
>>345035837
Fucking canadians.
>>
>>345044127
>It's hardly an Elder Scrolls scenario where things are getting progressively dumbed down.

That's exactly what happened though. The takedowns, the third person stealth view, the obvious secondary routes, the level design,the story, boss fights, etc. were all dumbed down and are noticeably worse in HR. The only thing it did better was combat, stealing your way through was just going into third person and doing takedowns.
>>
>>345044127
HR is less of an RPG than Fallout 4 which is saying something
>>
>>345031494
I cant play human revolution because its too dated.
>>
>>345035938
>>345036120
the fact there is no rule34 of her is a grave injustice
>>
File: 1468400181213.png (197 KB, 615x368) Image search: [Google]
1468400181213.png
197 KB, 615x368
>>345044127
I played the original Deus Ex for the first time in 2015 and got the Helious ending. It's currently one of my favorite games of all time. I hate it when fags like you use the "you only like it because of nostalgia" argument as a way to defend their shit taste.
>>
>>345044721
So that means the Nazis won WW2 right? And Oswald actually lost to JFK?
>>
>>345043156
>>345043554
>everyones opinions are my own because, as we all know, i am /v/, and everyone else here is retarded (but not me)
dehr was a good, fun game with solid replay value.
for as much as you firmly state that everyone hates dehr, you seem to be rather outnumbered here.
>>
File: justin trudeau-11.jpg (160 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
justin trudeau-11.jpg
160 KB, 1200x1200
>>345045743
yes, france is winning right now
>>
>>345045340
HR has aged way faster than Dx
>>
>>345032702
This. Also to the people replying with "bait" or "(you)", just known that you look like a fucking idiot without an argument.
>>
>Reminder that the next 3 deus ex games are rumored to be a mass effect style trilogy where your choices carry over
>>
>>345047228
pretty much, HR was outdated at release

Dishonored proved you can have a big buget game giving full control to the player, a lesson that Eidos Montreal seems to have missed completely, given their MD material so far
>>
>>345047764
Not to mention fucking Thi4f.
>>
>>345047764
>Dishonored

Well that because the man behind dx1 created dishonored as well. Very underated dev
>>
>>345047756
HR is shittier than ME3 anyway. Fucking garbage.
>>
>>345047756
Bull fucking shit, your choices in HR didnt carry over from act to act.
>>
>>345047903
who?
>>
>>345047946
>the next 3 deus ex games
>NEXT

Not HR.

http://www.nowgamer.com/deus-ex-universe-details-leaked/
>>
>>345047980
Harvey Smith was a designer on 1 and the reason iw wasnt very good
>>
>>345047980
Harvey Smith

Dishonored and Deus Ex play more alike than Human Revolution and Deus Ex.
>>
>>345048069
Eidos is retconning the original so no one knows how shitty their games are.
>>
File: daedalus - disappointed.png (16 KB, 494x226) Image search: [Google]
daedalus - disappointed.png
16 KB, 494x226
>>345047903
>>345048112
>>345048130
why did noone tell me this before?
i mightve actually been interested in dishonoured if i knew it was a deus-ex-alike by the same lead designer.
>>
>>345048565
>A separate source has also told PS Trophies that they have seen promotional material for a game called Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and that the material features Deus Ex: Human Revolution protagonist Adam Jensen and Ben Saxon from mobile title, Deus Ex: The Fall.

Welp its legit, this leak was from 2014
>>
>>345031494
>I'm too retarded to understand why a reboot of an old franchise with different gameplay and a continuous plot seperate from the original might be seen as its own series
>>
What biomods should be top priority?
>>
>>345032925

The new edition of Delta Green is fucking great if you haven't looked yet.
>>
File: DX2Main 2016-03-22 17-56-31-55.jpg (59 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
DX2Main 2016-03-22 17-56-31-55.jpg
59 KB, 1364x768
Playing IW right now, I like the atmosphere and setting. Too bad about the loading times.

Also Alex isn't exactly as hilarious as JC.
>>
My toaster won't even let me play it properly. It's either shit framerate or a shitton of screen tearing. I've bought both the steam and GOG versions, too.
>>
>>345049527
I've been meaning to for a while, since I've been hearing it's much better than CoC 7th edition.
>>
>>345049160
>reboot

shows how much you know you fucking moron
>>
>>345049737

Most of the old threats have died off, new ones have popped up, a portion of DG went legit and merged with what was left off MJ-12 while the rest stayed cowboy, and the new rules are great.

"Need To Know" is the free quickstart.
>>
>>345049527
Is that a pen and paper rpg?
>>
>>345049672
Try to download different render.
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
Or use nglide, it's already in gog version.
>>
>>345050284
Yeah. To sum it up quick it's Call of Cthulhu meets X-Files, only it's older than X-Files by like a year I think. The Greys are a front for the mi-go, the Reagan government made pact with them through Majestic-12, and the Illuminati are a bunch of Azathoth cultists trying to ascend to his court based in Sweden. And the PCs were people involved in a government Mythos investigation force that went rogue after a botched operation in 'Nam (or at least involved with them in some way), until what >>345050018 says happened.
>>
File: 1448296352538.jpg (74 KB, 340x592) Image search: [Google]
1448296352538.jpg
74 KB, 340x592
>>345031494
Remember when the original Deus Ex creators made Deus Ex 2 and completely annihilated the franchise and really fucked up to the 10th degree? I do, I was alive for it unlike most people in this thread.

Unlike most diehard DX fans I do hold that game to a truly high regard, but HR was an incredible game, filled with fun gameplay, smart writing and most of all, felt like a modern Deus Ex in a way that if DX was made today that's exactly how it was going to play.

I honestly never thought that they could make another Deux Ex, consider they fucked up so bad with invisible war that the series was just so fucked beyond repair what was even the point honestly?

But really people who hate HR but love DX 1 are retarded because both are amazing games even if DX is a better game, HR is a really really close second.

Honestly, if this game does well they should just time skip to the end of DX 1 and completely ignore DX 2 and make a new timeline that isn't trash. These people have the talent to handle the franchise with the respect it deserves.
>>
>>345034265

I am 10 minutes in and I see no Warren Specter

Where is he?
>>
>>345051059
around 14 minutes
>>
>>345051013
Oh yeah, I also forgot the Nazi occultists in Brazil that consist of an immortal SS cannibal, an undead doctor who can't leave his freezer, and a Nazi wizard who think he's worshiping the ghost of an ascended Hitler who is actually Nyarlathotep.
>>
>>345051013
Sounds awesome
>>
>>345050284

Yup. DELTA GREEN is a conspiracy within the United States' government dedicated to fighting the Cthulhu Mythos, disavowed and on the run since the Vietnam War. Characters die or go insane frequently, and the unlucky few who survive wind up burning all of their relationships as their vigil consumes their life.

No fancy toys, no magic powers, just men and women in cheap suits trying to delay the apocalypse just one more day.
>>
File: 1416170658840.png (80 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1416170658840.png
80 KB, 300x188
>>345051097

I just got there.

>"Uh-oh, there are people leaving."

WHAT KIND OF CUNTS LEAVE AFTER WARREN FUCKING SPECTOR GETS ON STAGE? THAT ACTUALLY MADE BY BLOOD LEVEL RISE
>>
Speaking of Warren Spector, he delivered a great speech at the E3 PC Gaming Show. Too bad nobody really cares about the PC event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7acH17oak0
>>
>>345051674
He's irrelevant now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQZNNajxOk
>>
>>345051887

Even if he was (which he's not thanks to System Shock 3), you don't act that disrespectful to WARREN FUCKING SPECTOR.

That's like walking out on Tim Cain or Amy Hennig. Just fuck you if you do that.
>>
>>345051029
nice try, jean jacques montreal
>>
>>345051029

>when the original Deus Ex creators made Deus Ex 2 and completely annihilated the franchise

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought Invisible War was made by a different studio from DX1?
>>
>>345033539
At least he's not trying to change shit through an agenda, just raise awareness.
>>
>>345049271
Life Leech
Speed
>>
>>345053227
It was made by the same one, but they got greedy and consolized the story making the level design suffer. And I don't think the original writer was there for the second one. I'm not to sure though.
>>
HELLO
>>
>>345035938
There was trauma, apparently. She fucks Ben and still stays silent.

>>345045603
There's one of her getting her ass slapped by Jensen
>>
>>345053771
IS IT ME YOU"RE LOOKING FOR?
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 659x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 659x645
>>345051029
>there's a mission in the next game that destroys the cloning project that created Alex Denton, retconning the possibility of 2
>>
>>345049271
the uninstall one
>>
>>345054238
too op you minmaxing faggot
>>
>>345053658
>Speed
Even with those tiny ass levels? Anyway, thanks.
>>
File: 1465572570192.jpg (21 KB, 208x241) Image search: [Google]
1465572570192.jpg
21 KB, 208x241
>>345054231
what the fuck? this is dark souls levels of 'nuh-uh it never happened we changed our minds cos some people dont like it'.
>>
File: 4X8RG.jpg (6 KB, 166x231) Image search: [Google]
4X8RG.jpg
6 KB, 166x231
>>345054231
>killing Bob Page results in an instant game over
>>
>>345054231
Imagine in that fucking faggot Alex Denton never fucking existed? I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (433 KB, 562x864) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
433 KB, 562x864
>>345053757

I just looked it up on Wikipedia. I know it's not the most legitimate source, but this is just an impromptu check out of personal curiosity.

It doesn't list Warren Spector or Jay Lee under Invisible War, but the lead writer is the same for both games.
>>
>>345054495
Because Deux Ex 2 is fucking garbage and even the original dev's shit on it so they should just remove it from the timeline and own up and call it non-canon, allowing us to not have fucking prequel games and establish the world of Deus Ex further.
>>
File: 12134534.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
12134534.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>345054559
>playing male Alex Denton
>>
File: 1467839296372.jpg (26 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1467839296372.jpg
26 KB, 247x248
>>345054642
>playing alex denton
>>
MD leak when?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 750x750
>>345054534
>it doesn't result in a game over because it's a body double
>>
File: 1468211223353.png (130 KB, 315x330) Image search: [Google]
1468211223353.png
130 KB, 315x330
>>345054642
>playing Alex Denton
>>
>>345054839

Anon, the release is already just forty days away anyway.
>>
>>345054850
What if Bob Page never even existed and was an AI the entire time?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 400x352
I kinda want the Collector's Edition for that Jensen statue. There's no way I'm paying that much for a fucking PAK
>>
my favorite thing about RPGs is not seeing the consequences of your actions immediately but rather later. It makes the game unpredictable and eliminates right choices and wrong choices.
>>
File: Untitledd.png (769 KB, 1887x930) Image search: [Google]
Untitledd.png
769 KB, 1887x930
>>345055168

The only collectors edition I want is pic related but Todd refuses to restock his store
>>
File: 1465844582732.png (149 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
1465844582732.png
149 KB, 480x354
>>345031494
>finished playing through Deus Ex
>playing HR immediately after
Fuck man, the original is just so much better. People call it dated but HR feels clunky as fuck.
>>
>>345055457
I pre-ordered on Amazon the minute I could. I'm probably going to buy another one down the line to modify into an actual mask. I just want an Aaaaadaaaam for my desk. A Corvo Figma would be really cool, too.
>>
>>345055732

A corvo mask is exactly why I want it. I planned to use it for this year's Halloween.

Wait, can you get a Corvo mask by other means?
>>
>>345055839
its not wearable
>>
>>345055839
It's not a mask, it's just a statue.
>>
Should I just play HR first since it's a prequel and is more modernized?
>>
>>345034763
>So the obvious thing to do would be to get rid of the fucking arm, get a very cheap prosthetic arm, get one like pic related, or just don't have anything, if that means you can easily become a killing machine.
It's not that simple. The mechanical augs are not the source of the problem. Darrow's signal attacked the biochip that was implated the augmented person's brain. The biochip allows the brain to interface the with mechanical augmentations. Removing the biochip would likely result in death, so once you become augmented there is no going back,
>>
>>345056208
You should play DX first because there isn't anything that Deus Exe doesn't fix. It's not super accessible from the start but things really start rolling and become incredibly enjoyable after the first level.
>>
File: Corvo Attano.jpg (22 KB, 200x316) Image search: [Google]
Corvo Attano.jpg
22 KB, 200x316
>>345056062
>>345056109

Well fucknuggets, Corvo is one of the few game characters I like and somewhat resemble enough to make into a costume. Can you guys think of a cool costume for someone whose face and hair look like Corvo?
>>
>>345056392
Wait to see how moddable the statue is. It could just be a piece of cloth and an elastic band away from being the wearable mask you want.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.