[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just played 2 hours of it. Even the first area in the game looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Planescape-Torment.jpg (134 KB, 464x640) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-Torment.jpg
134 KB, 464x640
Just played 2 hours of it. Even the first area in the game looks so detalied and good.

Looks like I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it.

Combat looks a bit off tho.
>>
Combat's clunky. Just stick with it and give yourself time to learn how to make it work.

Morte is nearly indestructible, by the way.
>>
File: 1453628562746.jpg (517 KB, 1303x856) Image search: [Google]
1453628562746.jpg
517 KB, 1303x856
Try your hardest to avoid combat if possible. Verbal exchanges are usually more rewarding in the game.
>>
Combat is the weakest part of the game easily. One of the most atmospheric games I've played. Everything is soaking weirdness, just going around talking to people is fun.
>>
Combat is largely avoidable and even when its not its so easy it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>345029779
This.

Plus there is a LOOOT of dry reading.

I wound up dropping it about halfway through. But that was less the writing and more of the fact I felt like I had been over the philosophies this game has covered before. Maybe would have liked it if I had played it as a child.
>>
File: IWD2.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IWD2.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>345029547
Go with Icewind dale or BG for the combat part.
>>
>>345030413
I've recently (this very day) played the first Baldur's Gate. Combat looks deep but i found it too hard for me to get into. I guess it uses harsh D&D elements. Everything is insta kill. I'm gonna play it evantually tho.
>>
>>345030752
I'm playing the 2.0 btw. People say it's bad.
>>
>>345030752
Baldurs gate 1 is also a low level adventure, very basic in the end. If anything, you should just skip to baldurs gate 2. That game allows you to power game hardcore.
>>
>>345029547
Why this game is so unique? I've played a lot of isometric games, yet Planescape is clearly a gem.
>>
>>345029547
This game is so based that bitches cay be layed in first dialog.
>>
>>345031134
Can I understand yhe story if I skip the first game?
>>
>>345033168
You can, but your appreciation for the story in 2 will be significantly less.

Also, you'll miss out on your chance for the best super weapon in the game if you don't play through 1 and import with a specific item from the game.
>>
>>345029547
Playing this too. Hope you don't get stuck in the same part as I did.
>>
I don't care what you say, but I wish this game would only have dialogues without the descriptions of everything that happens. It's really annoying.
>>
>>345033168
a few parts will fly over your head, but it should be fine. Companions have more story and things to talk with you about in BG2, too. Tons of magic weapons and shit, so only a few encounters will require some pre-buffing
>>
I tried to enjoy BG, but I simply can't. It's too slow. You have to walk long distances for some action, and the battles make you savescum.

IMO
>>
Does Baldur's Gate have better combat or is it more of the same? What about Pillars of Eternity?
>>
>>345034829
I'm no fan of BG, but it implies good party positioning, desitions about what spells to use, retreating and ambushing, etc.

Also savescumming
>>
>>345029547
I prefer to play mage just so I can look at the Fianl Fantasy 7-inspired cutscenes för epic spells.
>>
>>345035479
Yeah, they're great
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.