[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is overwatch worth getting ( on pc ofc) if you don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: _89780331_blizzard_overwatch.jpg (36 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_89780331_blizzard_overwatch.jpg
36 KB, 624x351
Is overwatch worth getting ( on pc ofc) if you don't have friends ?
>>
Just play TF2.
>>
>>345028893
You'll enjoy it for the first week or so alone, then only want to come back if you and your friends are bored and want to play something.
>>
>>345028893
Yeah. It's fairly easy to pub stomp, and despite what /v/ says about the game, you can carry a team with someone like Lucio.
>>
>>345028893
yeah even playing solo its pretty good. though you'll have more of a challenge on your hands since your team mates may not be coordinated enough.
>>
I feel like the games more fun in general if you're playing with like-minded people on mics. Most people just find that to be true with friends more than pub strangers who plsy widowmaker on koth
>>
overpriced, shallow, very little content, boring
>>
>>345029657
your life must be boring
>>
File: 690653.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
690653.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I also want to know this. I'm interested for the girls.
>>
File: overwatch.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.webm
3 MB, 720x400
Not really. Its frustrating to play alone and only tolerable with friends. All my friends got bored of the game many weeks ago and I found it annoying to play alone. It has too many flaws to be enjoyed alone, biggest being those memehitboxes. Dying behind corners not because of lag, not because of netcode, but because your hitboxes are so massive that they reach behind the corners.
Its an ok game for about 10-20hours max, but after that you just wish you hadnt wasted money on it. Thank GOD I didnt buy the 60e version because then I would be just mad.
>>
>>345029141
>it's fairly easy to pubstomp solo

According to masteroverwatch, I'm in the top 1% for elims, KDR, damage and medals and my WR is 48%.

Maybe MM is different at lower MMRs, but I get shitty players on my team most of the time and get matched against pro players and top streamers in 6 mans. No matter how hard I play, some players are just impossible to carry. The moment I die is the moment the enemy team streamrolls the objective.
>>
>>345028893
yeah. you can make friends
>>
File: 1465458645125.png (1 MB, 916x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465458645125.png
1 MB, 916x1000
>>345028893
I play it all the time without friends. It's fine if you're used to playing online games. If not, just play TF 2 and see if you like that.
>>
>>345028893

Not fun at all solo, avoid if you have no friends
>>
>>345034604
fuck good thing i got doom first
>>
>tfw your friends only plays LoL
>one day they ask me if i play Overwatch
now we play all the time, super fun
>>
>>345028893
i don't have any friends and i'm doing okay
>>
>>345035028
how long does it take to find a match ?
>>
>>345035108
the longest i waited for a match was maybe 2 minutes. i'd say somewhere between immediately to 35 seconds
>>
My friends never want to play Overwatch so I usually end up playing alone anyways. It's not bad since people started using mics in competitive but they get upset easily if you try to pick Symmetra, Zenyatta, D.va, or McCree even if you do well since they're apparently too nerfed to be in the "meta."
>>
I haven't played TF2 for a long time but when I was playing it you could always have fun meeting people on custom servers so I could go with TF2, it's free anyway.
>>
>>345028893
Just play quick matches until youre certain that even with completely autistic teams with toxic people who sandbag the second they cant play genji you can win enough placement games to get above 55.

Solo queue above rank 55 is actually pretty nice, but it will be very hard to get there unless you're gosu.
>>
I have a lot of fun with it solo. Down side is I rarely get enough time to play for more than an hour.
>>
>>345037293
It's also really fun to shit all over assholes who try to run a Bastion/Reinhardt combo.
>>
>>345029027
this 2bh, i bought OW during open beta but now im mostly playing tf2 simply because pubstomping in 12v12 casual matches is a lot more fun than enduring edge faggotrons in overwatch. Comp tf2 mode still needs some adjusments but its already miles better than comp ow.
>>
>>345029141
>someone like Lucio
no.
youd have higher chance "carrying" with tracer or genji than trying to herd your team together to do something as solo player. Unfortunately 90% of OW playerbase thinks the same. In the end you are at mercy of matchmaking to not throw you players who think torb on attack CP is good idea.
>>
File: 2SnMLHC.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2SnMLHC.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
>>345028893
I...I'll be your friend anon...
>>
>>345028893
You can get it and make friends to play with
>>
You'll make friends.
>>
>>345034924
I wish the last few of my friends that refuse to think any game that isn't LoL is fun would just fucking get over it and play OW, even just a little bit. I got sick and tired of LoL after like 2 years and ended up mostly playing solo games since everybody else had such a boner for it because fucking esports.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.