[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>do investigative quest >have to look up latin >have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: header_early_access-612x337.jpg (30 KB, 612x337) Image search: [Google]
header_early_access-612x337.jpg
30 KB, 612x337
>do investigative quest
>have to look up latin
>have to look up bible phrases
>have to force myself to learn how to read music notes
Why does no one here talk about this game
>>
>>345024253
I see it talked about here from time to time

The investigation quests are pretty damn neat and the lore in general is awesome.

Not just the overall storyline with the cthulhu dark sludge stuff but each individual zone and heck even the smaller areas within them like the park and the "Monster Hunter Club"
>>
Because they saw the combat and uninstalled.
>>
>>345024253
>Why does no one here talk about this game
Too niche. Not really what I would call "broad public", sadly.

Also, Funcom level of communication and marketing, so basically non-existant advertising
>>
File: 1468431230446.png (345 KB, 450x771) Image search: [Google]
1468431230446.png
345 KB, 450x771
>>345024253

Combat, combat, combat.

It all drives away the people who love that sort of thing, like me. The combat's too tedious and annoying for me to bother with the in-game puzzles. It's like a Myst game that has mandatory FPS segments after finishing every level. Pointless.
>>
>>345024253
>install game
>combat seems pretty neat
>quests, especially investigative missions, are great
>get about halfway through kingsmouth
>the combat remains tedious as fuck
>eventually stop playing
shame, my ex super loves the game, but I just couldn't get into it. maybe it was just me playing a tank, but...
>>
>>345024450

Funcom's lack of good marketing springs from some sort of illegal shit that their corporate officers were into.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-29-funcom-under-investigation-offices-closed

This happened literally within a few months of TSW's release.
>>
>>345024759

The specific charges were fraud and insider trading, which really derailed the budget that was supposed to go into the game's future.
>>
File: the secret world - succubus.jpg (216 KB, 1749x1011) Image search: [Google]
the secret world - succubus.jpg
216 KB, 1749x1011
>>345024253
This game would've been great as a single-player RPG. The best quest-design I've ever seen in an MMO and a great story.
Problem was, in under a week after launch I was done with the whole content (except nightmare dungeons, but fuck those...).

As a SP game this would've been great and they could've delivered more content on a smaller budget even. Making it an MMO killed it.
>>
>>345024253
Just sub to ffxiv you faggots
>>
>always wanted to play this game
>use high DPI settings on Windows 7
>even with disabled high DPI scaling the mouse is still offset
>years later they never fixed this

The only way to fix this is to manually turn off high DPI settings every time I want to play it. The text looks microscopic if I do.
>>
>>345025264
>make a trial account
>generic Asian MMO interface
>NOPE
Nothing kills my drive to play faster than seeing that fucking UI in a game.
>>
>>345024759
>Funcom's lack of good marketing springs from some sort of illegal shit that their corporate officers were into.
More like it springs from their absolute incompetence. The total lack of communication from funcom is old as fuck.

Trust me, I'm a Age of Conan player, I know what Funcom level of communication is since 2010, date of release of the first AoC expansion pack, after which they stopped advertising and even talking to their playerbase.

But you're right, that shit was a new hit on the coffin nail and sur as hell cut their martketing budget a bit more. Also, AoC's budget was directed to TSW budget, so I guess TSW players are not in the worst position.
>>
>>345024253
Bought it and played through the first two worlds with my sis. High point was Jeffrey Combs being in charge of Cthulhu U. After that, though, everything just became super tedious and I eventually got burned out.
>>
>>345024253
I loved the investigation quests, for some reason I dropped the game at one point and never went back to it, I dont really remember why, I think I was unsatisfied with my character or something
>>
>>345025264
Except the kind of person who plays TSW would hardly ever play FFXIV
>>
>MMO with supernatural themes
>New Orleans isn't an available local

the fug
>>
>>345024253
>get investigative quest
>look up morse code or whatever
>first result is a guide for secret world quest

that's why
>>
>>345024253
There's a game called In Memoriam which does the exact same thing. It even sets up multiple websites you can research on. Unfortunately, this also means that if the company stops paying the server fees, you won't be able to solve shit normally.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.