[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth picking up one of these for $50? That's pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4540x2200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4540x2200
Is it worth picking up one of these for $50? That's pretty much what they go for online

Are there more than 10 games on it worth playing?
>>
they can play burnt discs so...
>>
>>345021235
You have to mod it though right?
>>
>>345021482
Nope, no modding required.
>>
Its a great console, with a very underrated library of games. The fact that you can burn all your discs is a huge plus

bear in mind the controller is shit tier.

play dynamite cop
>>
>>345022175

Give me the lowdown on what I need to do, friend. Too lazy to research.
>>
>>345022602
1. burn a game to a disc
2. put it inside the dreamcast
3. ????
4. Profit!
>>
File: 51WEbJBrL7L.jpg (63 KB, 493x500) Image search: [Google]
51WEbJBrL7L.jpg
63 KB, 493x500
Download the cdi files from whatever rom site you use, use Discjuggler to burn it to a CD-R. Put disc in Dreamcast and play.

Some games might need a boot disc to play, but most are selfboot.
>>
>>345022602
Some games need to be manually patched to work. It's a pain in the ass and I wasted dozens of CD-Rs.
>>
>>345021482
nope and that was kinda the downfall of it but anyway.
Powerstone 1&2
Ready 2 Rumble 1&2
Crazy Taxi
Shenmue
Sonic 1&2
ChuChu Rocket
Resi Code Veronica
Evolution 1&2
Space Race
Guilty Gear
and a shit ton of Capcom Fighters
>>
>>345023262
Grandia II
Skies of Arcadia

Though Grandia II has a enhanced edition on Steam and GoG now. Might be better to play that.
>>
>>345023262
>>345024087
don't forget JGR
>>
File: 1461318592683.gif (49 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461318592683.gif
49 KB, 128x128
>>345020989
I got mine at a used game store for $30 with 2 controllers and all wires.
>>
I say you should go for it.
>>
>>345022602

Just burn then.
Burn with imgburn, set burntype to DAO, and then just burn .cdi files.
>>
>>345024290
plus all inside the original box
>>
>>345020989
shenmue
cannon spike
sword of the beserk:guts rage
toy commander
record of lodoss war
D2
ooga booga
maken x
lack of love
blue stinger

this is strictly exclusives. a lot of the best dreamcast games got ported over but the thing that most people dont realize is the dreamcast version is 99% of the time the better version. it also had the superior version of certain games that were released on the ps1/n64 (tony hawks pro skater, ready 2 rumble boxing, gta 2, resident evil, etc)
>>
Or there's USB and SD mods. A lot of dreamcasts have very unreliable disc drives.

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2014/08/13/hardware-hack-sega-dreamcast-gets-usb-mass-storage-option/
>>
Lack of Love was alright. No one ever mentions it but I'd say give it a whirl
>>
>>345022602
You burn a dreamcast game onto a disc and play it. They're incredibly easy to pirate for, part of its downfall some would argue.
>>
>>345020989
For 50 bucks if it works is a steal. Keep it clean, safe and in 10-20 years you can sell it on ebayfora fortune to archivists or retro enthusiasts. Or you cna just use it, limited library but solid system.
>>
>>345020989
>are there more than 10 games worth playing?
Hardly

>is it worth $50?
Depends on how much you like the games that are good, as many of them are like infinitely playable.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.