[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
Apologize
>>
No.
>>
File: 1438750114494.png (429 KB, 876x852) Image search: [Google]
1438750114494.png
429 KB, 876x852
>>345019737
>removing pubs

No. Go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in on.
>>
>>345020054
>Unironically wanting to play with retards who don't do the objective and play as friendly MLP heavy faggots.
>>
File: this-doesn't-seem-so-baAAAAAA.png (67 KB, 205x518) Image search: [Google]
this-doesn't-seem-so-baAAAAAA.png
67 KB, 205x518
>>345019737

After removing pubs, no. I feel like games end too quickly when the teams are wildly stacked (which they often are from poor matchmaking). Then it's waiting in a queue again.
>>
>>345020298
>unironically defending the new casual mode

End yourself
>>
File: 1417157698278.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1417157698278.png
3 KB, 184x172
I'm sure this is one of those falsflagging threads but I'm really enjoy the matchmaking system.

I've been playing TF2 for around 3 years or so and all I really did was shit around those Mario Kart servers and play 2fort and Turbine with no respawn timer.
Matchmaking makes it feel like a totally different game, I didn't realize how much I enjoyed supporting the team as a proper Engie as opposed to just throwing down mini sentries everywhere. It's nice. Winning feels legitimately gratifying.

My only real complaint is that I keep getting matched with Soldiers who are packing Hales' Own, Professional Killstreak Australium Botkiller Rocket Launchers, and they wipe my entire team, but I guess that's what a pubstomper actually is. But even then, now I'm interested in learning more about the game so I can have a little less trouble with Solider, I just have to git gud right?

Anyway this update is great.
>>
but the update was a disaster
>>
really needs some kind of skill ranking t.bh
>>
>>345020432
>>345020054
What? Casual games are pubs, aren't they?
And community servers are still online, as they were since 2007.
>>
>>345020298
>Unironically wanting to play with stompers, unbalanced teams, 230 ping and not being able to choose what map you want
>>
>>345020454
you must be one of those friendlies that cry after getting killed
>>
Apologize for what? Adding queues and removing the freedom to choose server locations and maps to Valve servers was a fucking retarded choice and the competitive matchmaking just throws you into servers without giving a rat's ass about where you or your party are located.
>>
>>345020054
>waah pubs are so bad, fuck you Valve and your gibusvision shitters
>valve removes pubs
>waah pubs were so good, please bring them back Valve
>>
File: 1456811768975.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1456811768975.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>Its total shit n way too late
>>
>>345020589
>>Unironically wanting to play with stompers, unbalanced teams, 230 ping
So pubs?
>>
>>345020948
There were stompers, but their numbers increased a lot because muh xp.

Consequently, there is more inbalance. Auto-balance and scrambling helped things out, despite what other fags might say.

And if you were playing with 230 ping when you could choose your server, you're a lost cause.
>>
>>345020589
>play with stompers, unbalanced teams
That was the situation in pubs too
>230 ping
Not Valve's fault you live in Brazil
The only actual downside to MM is not being able to choose the map, which will get fixed. Someday.
>>
File: overwatch-ana-5.jpg (409 KB, 2560x1548) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-ana-5.jpg
409 KB, 2560x1548
apologize
>>
File: 1468521763896.jpg (14 KB, 262x337) Image search: [Google]
1468521763896.jpg
14 KB, 262x337
>>345021390
>Not Valve's fault you live in Brazil
It's not their fault for not putting someone from Brazil in one of their brazilian servers?
>>
>tfw PASSTime is actually pretty good
>tfw Nobody likes to actually use teamwork so half the players complain as to why they died when they ran with the ball solo right in front of a sentry
>>
>>345020496
>My only real complaint is that I keep getting matched with Soldiers who are packing Hales' Own, Professional Killstreak Australium Botkiller Rocket Launchers, and they wipe my entire team
These players are usually only good by pub standards. They're not that hard to beat if you practice. Heavy or demo are usually good options.

>now I'm interested in learning more about the game so I can have a little less trouble with Solider, I just have to git gud right?
Depends on what you're playing, beating a soldier really comes down to having good positioning so it's difficult to jump you in the first place and surfing his splash damage.
>>
>>345021701
This is never an issue unless you have a Brazilian in your party or it's really late and there are no nearby players.
>>
>>345020496
>I'm interested in learning more about the game so I can have a little less trouble with Solider, I just have to git gud right?
Depends on the class.
Pyro is all about strafing and M2 at the right time, Scout is all about using your movement speed and constant jumping to get near to them and 2-3 shot them at close range, Demo is just landing your nade shots and/or stickyspam, etc.
>>
>>345021295
>Auto-Balance helped
HAHAHA
Yes lets take the best player from the losing team and put them on the winning team
Let's take that gibus/pyrovision W+M1 Pyro and give him to the losing team.
Autobalance was good in theory only, it was never well-implemented

But the new casual mode is even worse
>Get to play for maybe 10 minutes at a time then have to find a new fuckinh server
>Can't just stay on the same server for hours
>>
>win 6 in a row
>doesnt count because someone on either team left
>lose 6 in a row
>forever stuck at level 1
>>
STOP BLAMING COMMUNITY SERVERS FOR BEING SHITTY

YOU FUCKING KILLED COMMUNITY SERVERS WHEN YOU ABANDONED THEM FOR YOUR FUCKING QUICKPLAY

START YOUR OWN FUCKING VANILLA SERVER

FIND A VANILLA SERVER AND INVITE PEOPLE TO PLAY ON IT

DONATE TO A FUCKING VANILLA SERVER IF YOU WANT A VANILLA EXPERIENCE
>>
Are they gonna phase out the community servers?
I don't like waiting to play. I just want to play by choosing what game mode and what map I want to play.
>>
>>345023326
The community phased out community servers

Enjoy your 24/7 ctf_turbine !Premium ads
>>
>>345022752
Yeah /v/, why haven't you started a server? It's like $20 a month. Surely you can make such a good one that you'll make bank with donations.
>>
>>345024918
>Yeah /v/, why haven't you started a server?
But that did happen

No one plays in it
>>
>>345025028
The guy who runs that server is garbage at shilling it and has no idea how to create a community. Makes a thread and one or two "GET IN" Steam announcements and expects regulars to start forming.
>>
>>345025167
>6/24? pfft im not playing till it's at least 22/24
>wow why is the server so dead wtf
>>
>>345022385
>It isn't an issue when it doesn't happen

WOW
>>
>>345020753
Its almost as if... there are... different people... with different opinions
>>
>>345025690
works on my machine :^)
>>
>>345025028
>House of /v/irgins server died over 4 years ago

Time flies.
>>
I never stopped believing in you
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.