[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a WiiU later today, what are some essential games for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 1467275560109.jpg (81 KB, 640x389) Image search: [Google]
1467275560109.jpg
81 KB, 640x389
Buying a WiiU later today, what are some essential games for it? Definitely getting Bayo2 and #FE

Also WiiU thread, pls no bully edition
>>
buy your pic related or i bully
>>
>>345015109
maryo maker if you're creative and like mario stuff
>>
>#FE
Shit taste, senpai.
Pick up Splatoon and/or Mario Kart and have fun instead.
>>
File: NOT FUCKING FAIR.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
NOT FUCKING FAIR.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>345015109

Dont get Mario Kart 8 it will raise your blood pressure. The game is great, frustrating and addictive at the same time Buy at your own risk.
>>
DK Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8, Splatoon is pretty fun too
>>
Everything in your OP is a given, I should also mention the Wii U is best for local multiplayer, so if you'd have nobody to play with then you may want to skip on it.

>XCX
(if you're into that sorta thing)
>Mario Maker
>MK8
>Sonic racing transformed
also on steam but the Wii U version is a decent port, worth it for local multiplayer
>DK:TF
>NSMBU+Luigi U
I've not played Luigi U yet but as far as NSMBU goes I had fun with it, and it seems to be going for cheap now (at least in Europe)
>Sm4sh
Unless you're one of those that sees smash as a "serious" fighting game, Sm4sh has some competitive elements but is more focused on content (large roster of stages/characters/etc.). Shame it kinda sucks alone.
>SM3DW
Fuck the shitposters, this game is one of Nintendo's best. Excellent level design and multiplayer.
>W101
Pretty certain you'd like this a lot if you enjoy Bayonetta.

Other games to consider:
>WWHD/TPHD
I only got the former and enjoyed it for what it is, opinion has been a little split but I felt it was a good remaster. Made good use of the gamepad, too.
>ZombiU
Often very cheap so worth it for that reason - I felt critics were a little harsh on this one, but it's far from perfect. Also has multiplayer though it's a little barebones.
>Hyrule Warriors
I don't have it but it seems to be popular in /v/ and /vg/
>SF0
A demo just came out that I'll be trying later so I can see if the controls are as bad as they say.
>Yoshi's Woolly World
Heard it's decent; not yet picked it up
>>
>>345015109
#FE is a mistake
Get W101 instead
>>
>>345017351
I don't like how local multi has tiny screens and has everybody's screens on both the tablet and the tv

>>345015109
Tropical Freeze (3-D world is a better for multi though), Xenoblade X, Splatoon, and Hyrule Warriors (overshadowed by Hyrule Warriors Legends now in all but enemy count, and frame rate) are my most played games.
>>
>>345017875
>playing MK8 on the gamepad
Dude use a procontroller, or at least wiimote
>>
>>345015109
Splatoon is pretty great if you can find a 4 man squad for squad battles. Ranked solo queue is infested with Japanese players once you hit A rank.
>>
File: 1444798192453.jpg (127 KB, 1000x712) Image search: [Google]
1444798192453.jpg
127 KB, 1000x712
BUY SPLATOON

LAST EVER SPLATFEST NEXT WEEKEND

DON'T MISS IT
>>
>>345017989
How is a wiimote better than the gamepad, anyway I use the gamepad because I'm losing my sight, and can only see properly if I'm within a foot of the tv
>>
>>345016843
>>345017714
>>345018014
>>345018068
He has Splatoon in the OP so I'd assume he's already picking that up too
>>
>>345018141
>How is a wiimote better than the gamepad
I'd probably get shit on for this, but I actually like the motion steering in MK8, I even play better using it (even though the reverse is true when I play sonic racing transformed). The gamepad feels a little too heavy to me for long MK8 sessions, regardless of whether I use its motion steering.
>>
>>345017863
>W101

That game is over-rated, Bayo 2 ia FAR better.
>>
File: 1445318788142.png (19 KB, 210x199) Image search: [Google]
1445318788142.png
19 KB, 210x199
>#FE instead of XCX
>>
File: 342579125.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
342579125.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
Thanks for all the replys, I now have a list of game to buy

>>345018068
What's special about splatfest?
>>
File: Splatoon - roll.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon - roll.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>345015109
Splatoon
Wonderful 101
>>
>>345017739
>>345015652
I've been thinking about picking up mario maker but $60 seems like a lot for what's basically a level editor.
>>
>>345018664
>What's special about splatfest?
The incredible amount of salt. Cats vs. dogs.
>>
>>345018887
Unfortunately, the mario maker threads on /v/ have died out, as those alone made the game worth it for me. The biggest selling point of the game is the huge community and levels; the UI is top-tier, too.
>>
I own a Wii U with sm4sh, Splatoon, bayonetta2, sm3d, and windwaker HD. I have had zero desire to launch any of those games in months and have even played through the Witcher 3 again before even plugging in my Wii U. Please don't waste your money. Shit console. The only saving grace for me is that my friend gave me his and all I had to do was self repair the gamepad screen. So for 40 bucks it's a cool system. For 300, please consider suicide
>>
>>345019361
Why didn't you like those games?
>>
>>345019430
It's not that I didnt like them. I played Splatoon to level 20 before the updates and got to rank B+ and I got bored. The new content doesn't interest me too much.

Bayonetta was fun but it felt like most typical hack and slash games and I want drawn to it in a manner that made me want to keep playing. Lost the initial luster and just stopped.

I beat sm3d and I mean... its more fun with friends and my brother and i smashed it night 3 so there's that.

And sm4sh is always fun but again, playing against computers is lame. I break it out when my gf comes over and we have some friends but otherwise it collects dust. Nintendo's online servers are pretty garbo
>>
File: 14685204214690[1].jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14685204214690[1].jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>345016843
>shit taste
Game is fun though. Story and characters are simplistic but battle system is great.
Shame it's a bit easy though, since you can buy half the world with the money you get and abuse all the items outside the arena.
>>
>>345019430
>>345019914
Oh and I love Windwaker, unironically. I replayed that in its entirety for nostalgia
>>
If you can stomach a shitty story and shallow character development, then go ahead and buy #FE. If you frequently play RPGs and find story to be a key element, don't buy #FE.
>>
>>345019914
>I played Splatoon to level 20 before the updates
So you ignored all Splatfests, ranked mode (and the extra modes added to that), 10 new stages, and 20-something new weapons? Right...

>Bayonetta was fun but it felt like most typical hack and slash games
I'm not even sure what you mean by this, can you elaborate to be more specific?

>I beat sm3d and I mean... its more fun with friends and my brother and i smashed it night 3 so there's that.
Unless you had no breaks I doubt you beat it that quickly unless you're not counting the bonus worlds perhaps.

>And sm4sh is always fun but again, playing against computers is lame. Nintendo's online servers are pretty garbo
While Smash is the only game I have problems with occasionally, I'd by no means say the online is bad - 1-v-1 and no-items in general has never given me problems, only the For Fun 4 vs. matches give me some connection instability.

Also, why only these 4 games?
Did you not consider even pirating some others if you're thar wary, or at least trying demos for those that have them on the eShop?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.