[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to the harmony of AAA and AA, more niche games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: gta4.jpg (28 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
gta4.jpg
28 KB, 460x215
What happened to the harmony of AAA and AA, more niche games? Just looking up what came out in 2008, you have:

>DMC4
>Ninja Gaiden 2
>Battlefield Bad Company
>Call of Duty World At War
>MGS4
>Midnight Club LA
>Dead Space
>GTA IV
>Left 4 Dead
>Mirror's Edge
>Soul Calibur IV
>Star Wars The Force Unleashed
>Yazuka 2

Hell, even Too Human came out in 08. Now, almost everything is AAA.
>>
>>345014153
>Now, almost everything is AAA.
no its not
>>
The middle ground died due to high dev/marketing costs.

Now its either high cost+high sales or low cost+low sales.
>>
>>345014289
Elaborate, man. The few games that aren't are usually niche Japanese stuff like Zero Escape of anything by Vanillaware.
>>
>>345014153
>tfw no true sequel to Ninja Gaiden 2 ever
>>
>>345015186
Razor's Edge was alright.
>>
>>345015245
No not really
>tfw you thought Devil's Third would be the real NG3 I had more fun playing D3 than NG3 and RE
>>
>>345015245
I played it on Wii U, couldn't finish more than half the game because of how bad it was. I beat NG1 and NG2 on master ninja but razors edge was just too much rage.
>>
>>345015513
Hey, you have a Wii U. You'll probably like Wondeful 101. I hear it's good cuhrayzee.
>>345015657
Wait, you didn't finish it because of the difficulty? I found the trilogy got easier as you went along.
>>
>>345014554
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Indie/#p=0&tab=TopSellers
>>
>>345015812
I dunno if I'd call a lot of indie games niche considering how much "air time", if you will, they get from popular YouTubers.
>>
>>345015769
Not the difficulty no, but I got infuriated seeing how different it was from the previous games I loved.
>>
>>345017565
It's been awhile. I can only remember the one hit kill moves and shitty story refresh my memory.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.