[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than level design, is there really any other weakpoint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 13
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Other than level design, is there really any other weakpoint of this game?
>>
>>345005142
The shitty floaty animations
>>
>>345005142
Your character moves like an eighteen wheeler on ice skates, the garuanteed two hit combos are fucking retarded, SM, blue sentinels.
There's probably more that I'm forgetting. And pointing flaws in DS2 doesn't mean that things like DS1 or DS3 are exempt from criticism, just so the retarded DS2 apologists understand that pointing flaws in one game doesn't mean another game can't share those flaws.
>>
>>345005142

Rehashed story
LARGE KNIGHT BOSS
Getting hit out of rolls
Terrible fucking boss runs like fuck running to the throne, blue smelter and Alonne

I guess that's pretty much it.
>>
>>345005142

Lots of area textures look horrible and are very glaring, like the bricks in the windmill area or in certain parts of the Lost Bastille for example.

Certain enemies (e.g. the turtle knights) rotating on their "axis" looked completely ridiculous.

Soul memory is another obvious flaw, too.

There's a lot more, but these other anons have already mentioned them.
>>
>>345005513
Adaptability was a gamble they fucked up on. If you have around 110 agility you're at the best roll you can possibly get. People who complain about getting hit in the middle of rolls don't understand the mechanics of the game, their chief complaint should be the stat that governs it.
>>
>>345005142
I like the level design better than DaS honestly. Both have issues, but DaS II has fewer absolutely horrible areas. My main issue with DaS II is too many mobs and lackluster boss designs. DaS III has the least offensive level design of the three, but every single area is just based on another area in DaS which is really disappointing, and the world isn't as connected.
>>
>>345005513
>terrible boss runs
Amen to that, especially the Blue Smelter and Alonne. Maybe I'm just bad but that right path to the blue smelter killed me more than the boss itself, the left path I can get through 9/10 times. Alonne's run isn't bad either, considering you don't have to fight a thing. My problem with Alonne is I'm terrible and can't beat him on NG+2.
>>
>>345005142
Fucking enemy drops, can't farm them enough because they despawn, I'll be glad if they didn't drop any exp after a while but having them despawns leaves the map empty with enough playtime if you are trying to farm for specifics sets.
>>
>>345005513
>like fuck running to the throne
what
Running to Gwyn is a million times worse, and nothing in DaS II is as bad as the run to 4 Kings.
>>
>>345005142
How long is the "DS2 was actually good" meme going to keep running?
> downgraded graphics
> clunky shitty moveset
> weapon imbalance
> hitboxes
> soul memory
> pointless forgettable story
> item descriptions are mostly just an excuse for tragic grimdark rantings about whatever
> bosses designed around having summons on you
> awful level design
> tunnel/elevator connected geography with little in common
> untargettable enemies
>>
>>345005395

>Your character moves like an eighteen wheeler on ice skates

The animations are motion captured, your character moves realistically like a human would.

the garuanteed two hit combos are fucking retarded

The guaranteed two hit combos exist in Dark Souls 3 as well

SM

Agree

blue sentinels

Blue Sentinels were one of the most fun covenants in DS2 and were butchered in DS3 by the removal of the sin mechanic and removal of the blue eye orbs.
>>
The levels are actually pretty decent, it's the fact that the entire difficulty stems from "dude mobs lmao" rather than actually interesting enemies that makes it frustrating.

Also Adaptibility is a fucking terrible idea and never should have been in the game. Same goes for Soul Memory.

The game is still a solid 8/10 but compared to DeS (9/10), DaS (9/10), BB (9.5/10) and DaS3 (9.5/10) it's only ok.
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Fun PvP covenants that were unique

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>345006443
Maybe they changed it in SotFS, but the enemies are designed to drop every unique item before despawning. You should never be missing a piece of a set set if you farm the enemies enough.
>>
>>345006770
Don't forget
>equip load and roll speed scale proportionally, instead of being perfectly fine at 69%, then suddenly getting a fat roll at 70%
>areas are unique instead of just being nostalgia bait
>>
>>345006443
>>345006950

Jester's hat and Gold Serpent Ring +2 give you max luck and make farming really easy. Also you can join covenant of champions and enemies no longer despawn.
>>
>>345006443
Farming is retarded my man, I mich prefer the despawn system to DaS III's blatant farm areas with enemies right next to bonfires that have guaranteed drops. I've gotten to NG+ levels at that first bonfire in Lothric Castle and an absurd number of weapons to +9, it's stupid.
>>
>>345006683
wow, it's like you didn't read what I wrote
>>
>>345006443
Unless you don't have SotFS, joining the Company of Champions covenant gives infinite respawns, at the cost of making the enemies marginally stronger. You can also leave and rejoin at any time.
>>
>>345005142
The marketing campaign of lies.
>>
>>345006769
>DaS3 (9.5/10)

top fucking kek. DaS 3 is the most uninspired and linear souls game yet, it's trash
>>
>>345006770
DS3 made me miss bonfire ascetics so much. The Lothric princes boss weapons combine into one, so you need to complete the game thrice to have all 3 swords.
>>
>>345008010
this was a change to the base game, wasn't it? i don't think you need SotFS
>>
>>345008110

Same. It's a complete chore to replay DS3 and they expect you to do it twice to get the Twin Prince Sword.

I also miss just replaying bosses I really enjoy fighting.
>>
File: 1357389448775.jpg (171 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1357389448775.jpg
171 KB, 621x621
>>345005142

Shit balancing
Shit hit boxes
Lore so bad it retroactively makes DaS1 worse
Soul memory
Having so sacrifice a ring slot in order to get around soul memory
Worst NPCs of the series
Worst boss design of the series (90% dudes in armor)
Worst art of the series
Worst graphics of the series
>>
>>345008201
Possibly, can't say for sure because I lost my copy of the original DS2. I don't see why they wouldn't patch that in for the original version, though.
>>
>>345008696

Most of these are wrong.
>>
>>345005142
Atmosphere and music.

Only a few tracks were memorable.

Boss design was inconsistent as well, there were some good looking ones, while others were boring as fuck.
>>
>>345008607

Ascetics would also be useful for the Darkmoons/Sentinels because then people could open up areas they've already completed to invasions once more.
>>
>>345009358

They should just make invasions possible even if you cleared the area like it was in SoTFS.
>>
>Greatsword
>it's an ultra greatsword

This game is fucked up.
>>
>>345005142
-enemies could die permanently after several kills, which is stupid
-too many bosses were human reskins made large. the series is known for creative bosses, so it was disappointing.
-lighting is poor. its especially noticeable on the ps4 port where there's hd textures and 1080p, but no lighting.
-level areas are too linear
-level area connections don't make sense
-bonfire warping
-bizarre amount of bonfire checkpoints
>>
>>345011110
>-lighting is poor. its especially noticeable on the ps4 port where there's hd textures and 1080p, but no lighting.

but the PS4 has the same lighting as PC
>>
>>345011253
i've only ran through original ps3 and then ps4
>>
>>345011110
Covenant of Champions is a thing anon. I think the intention with enemy despawning was "oh, this person must suck, let's let them get through the area quicker". CoC lets you stop the despawning.

Most of the bosses were visually and mechanically boring, yep.

The original lighting seen in trailers can be added on PC, but that's it. I think the devs overestimated what consoles at the time could do.

While the levels are linear, you at least have a lot of choices in what direction to go in at the start of the game. I kind of like the linearity, but would appreciate shortcuts linking levels to other levels.

Maybe I've played too much DS2 and DS3, but I can barely stand the drudgery of DS1 pre-lordvessel. Sure, it takes you out of the feel of the game, but it respects your time.

Can you give some examples? Iron Keep comes to mind as one people might have a problem with, but the way I see it the smelter demon rewards you with an easier time through the next area, the rooftop bonfire skips one area of mobs for another (plus PvP), and the one in the bull head is so you don't have to slog through tons of enemies just to retry (lol) the Old Iron King.
>>
>>345006625
>run to gwyn is worse than the run to blue smelter
did you flip those? gwyn run is easy, just takes a bit of time, blue smelter is easily worse, you have multiple enemies who have homing greatbows, astrologists that slow you, multiple dudes who can 2-3 shot you, and a giant iron warrior at the end. vs 5 black knights who are spaced generously between.
>>
>>345011110
>enemies could die permanently after several kills, which is stupid
If want to farm just join the champions covenant you dyke. Being a noob and not knowing how to play the game is no excuse.
>too many bosses were
The game has the biggest amount of bosses you retarded turd.It is expected that it will have more human bosses than any other DaS game.
>level areas are too linear
Did you even play the game?There tons of crossroads and loops.
>bonfire warping
You'd rather run trough the longest of all souls games? Are you retarded? This is not a running simulator.
>>
Did everything better than 3, that's for sure. Both are shit games but only From would be able to outdo themselves and make an even worse game.

Sequels are a mistake.
>>
>>345011941
I think blue smelter demon's run is hell, but after doing it a few times you learn to circle around the dudes on the ground and deal with the astrologists being cunts. I can get through it with like one or two estus sips after the drops to the next level.
>>
>>345012196
top bait
>>
File: The Shrine of Noob Tears.jpg (172 KB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
The Shrine of Noob Tears.jpg
172 KB, 1024x432
>>345008851
>Atmosphere and music.
This has to be b8. DaS 2 has some of the most atmospheric levels in soul series.
>>
It fell face-first into "quantity over quality"

It's also pretty soulless. It wants to be separate from Dark Souls 1 but proportionately Solaire makes up more of it's references than in 3. The "Prepare to Die" meme was forced by Namco suits and fucked over the game as a whole because it became "how can we kill the player" rather than "how can we challenge the player" which is a much less black-and-white answer than the former.
>>
>>345012196
To think that the development and money wasted on 2 and 3 could have been used on new IPs upsets me. Its not fair.
>>
If it didn't have soul memory it would already be way better.
>>
>>345005142
Just level design is all I can really think of. Game was really good, I think it only got hated on due to it not being 1:1 with the first game. Which is odd because From made a literal 1:1 to das1 with das3 yet people are still shitting on that too. I don't think Fan's know what they want honestly
>>
>>345012593
Shrine of Amana was shit. Being pretty doesn't make it a good level.
>>
>>345005287
>The shitty floaty animations
DaS II has the best movement mechanics in the series that are linked to your equipment load and your stamina. Your idle animations depend on those stats too. So fuck off nab.
>>
>>345012989
>special level mechanics
>hidden secrets
>enemies that are linked with the levels design
>great sound design
You must be delusional.The Shrine is probably the best of the vanilla levels.
>>
>>345012995
>animations = movement mechanics
the mechanics are good on paper but the application feels like total garbage. floaty animations that feel weightless, delayed dashing, bad contact masks over the player model etc etc etc

movement was perfected in DS1 hell even DeS and BB was arguably better but don't even try to imply that DS2's movement was anything but trash
>>
>>345013382
>level design that forces you to git good and use some other game mechanics other than mashing R1
This is the second level in the game that made me put out my torch in order to see better what is underwater and where is the edge of the chasm.
>>
>>345013537
>movement was perfected in DS1
>you can roll only in 4 directions
>stiff movement that makes you look like a stick figure
I fucking hate contrarian shitstans that didn't even play the games they are defending.
>>
>>345012675
It's okay, next miyazaki IP is in development right now. Only for PS4. We fucking won.
>>
>>345013820
You're on /v/, in a dark souls thread.
What did you expect?
It's just vee culture to regurgitate what you hear and pretend you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>345013537

Fuck is this guy talking about. Did you even play DS2? It has motion cap animations that look realistic. DS3 threw out the mocap animations so they could re-use shitty ugly as fuck DS1 animations to trigger nostalgia for faggots like you.
>>
>>345014010
realistic != satisfying to play
>>
>>345005287
>motion captured animation is shit
Are you for real? I think that you spend too much time watching anime. Go outside and see how real humans move.
>>
>>345014197
>realistic != satisfying to play
>what is satisfying
There are people who like to get fucked in the asshole while being hit with a whip. I am guessing that you are one of those people with special tastes since you enjoy things that normal humans find repulsive.

You have shit subhuman taste. This explains it.
>>
>>345014338
Maybe youre the one that needs to watch how humans move. The hand modeled run animations in DS1 are amazing, especially the fast run animation. Every animation in ds2 looks like the PC has shit their pants
>>
>>345005142
>shit animations and floaty movement
>awful bosses overall, with a few from the dlc's being exceptions
>soul memory
>adaptability
>boring npc's and confusing almost nonexistent story
>awful level design with mobs of enemies everywhere
>downgrade

The only good things about it was the multiplayer when it actually worked, the variety of playstyles and amount of content it had, but the game was so boring it didn't matter.
>>
Least satisfying combat in the series (including demon's imho), shitty animations, the amount of autotracking some enemies have combined with the shit hitboxes + adp, uninspired enemies, horrible bosses, disjointed world, voice acting combined with inferior character writing, enemy placements, lifegems. I guess soul memory too but I don't do pvp.

It's still a great game tho
>>
>>345014614
didn't read a word of that
DaS2 animations are still shit
>>
2 is my favorite souls game.
>>
>>345014890
>2 is my favorite souls game.
Mine too.
>>
>>345005142
shitty hitboxes
soul memory
copy-pasted bosses
adp
>>
>>345014890
>>345014931
>2 was my first souls game and I have no taste

fixed that for you
>>
>>345011941
I wasn't talking about Blue Smelter, I was talking about the Throne of Want. The run to Blue Smelter is comparable to the run to Manus, as they're both shitty DLC areas.
>>
>>345015048
Xd!
>>
Most of its problems are persistent in other games, it's just shit on because it had big shoes to fill as an unnecessary sequel.
>>
>>345015048
I played each in order and my favorite as of now is II. I think I like III a little better than DaS, but I can't say for sure how I feel about it compared to the others.
Some people just don't let internet memes dictate their opinions.
>>
>>345014890
>>345014931
Dark Souls 2 is the best souls game i have to agree.
>>
>>345011110
>-enemies could die permanently after several kills, which is stupid
Yes. There's a covenant that fixes this but you shouldn't have to waste a covenant on this.
>-too many bosses were human reskins made large. the series is known for creative bosses, so it was disappointing.
>creative bosses
lol? Big monster with big weapon or big man with big weapon. Roll -> counter attack mechanics. Super creative.
>-lighting is poor. its especially noticeable on the ps4 port where there's hd textures and 1080p, but no lighting.
Lighting is great on both the original and the sin edition. What was NOT great was the textures and how naturally bright everything was.
>-level areas are too linear
Just like every souls game. Shortcuts =/= non-linear levels.
>-level area connections don't make sense
Aside from the elevator being in a pool of lava on top of a poison creating tower, what else is there? Why does the level connections need to make sense in a dungeon crawler anyways.
>-bonfire warping
Dark souls 1 and 3 also have this. Not an issue here.
>-bizarre amount of bonfire checkpoints
Agree'd. -SOME- bonfires are too close together to matter.

Everything here is parroted opinions. Learn to make your own opinions dude.
>>
>>345005513
>Getting hit out of rolls
>being shit at rolling it must the games fault
>>
>>345005142
It's biggest weak point is that it isn't Bloodborne. Which is the best souls game btw and you honestly consider buying a new ps4 (not used) and get bloodborne to play it. Everythingrit does, it does perfectly. Best level design, best ost, best combat, best bosses, best npcs and most replay value out of all the games combined. Old hunters alone is better than the entirely of dark souls 1. I won't bother responding to shitposter who diss the game, as you're more than likely a troll or a pcuck unless you provide proof of your platinum trophy.
>>
File: Clipboard Image (322).png (251 KB, 780x567) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard Image (322).png
251 KB, 780x567
>>345015560
>Dark Souls 2 is the best souls game
wut
>>
>>345015185
>The run to Blue Smelter is comparable to the run to Manus, as they're both shitty DLC areas.

>Artorias of the Abyss
>shitty DLC

Pick one. Not only that, it's not even comparable. The Blue Smelter run is fucking insane are you high or something? I mean I kinda like it because I'm a masochist but it's NOTHING like the Chasm Of The Abyss.
>>
>>345015912
Today I learned dota is a better game than dark souls because it had more players
>>
>>345005287
If anything, the animations were one of the better things of DS2, compared to 1.
>>
>>345008059
Nice bait. Must be fun being a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>345016063
This.

Also LoL is better than DOTA2 since it has more players.

Hell LoL is the best game ever.
>>
>>345015862
I agree with you 100%. It was fucking robbed at those shoddy GOTY awards last year. It's fucking crazy how such a game has been created in a generation of games that are the antithesis to that kind of game.
>>
>>345015862
And don't bother replying, your silence speaks volumes.
>>
DS2 had terrible movement compared to 1 and 3. Idk why they changed that. It had much better PVP and connectivity though.
>>
File: gril.png (291 KB, 466x411) Image search: [Google]
gril.png
291 KB, 466x411
>>345005142
I'm currently playing this for the first time and I honestly don't know what to think of it.

>some areas look like they're from some early 00s game, lighting feels off in a lot of areas as well
>most enemy animations don't fit the speed they're played at and some of them like the Alonne knights movements are just uncanny as fuck
>player animations are mostly fine except for the walk/run and jump ones
>sound design is all over the place, some things don't even have sfx at all
>adaptability
>bosses are really easy but some regular encounters are super frustrating because of the large amount of enemies and their unpredictable poise/stamina

I can't stop playing it though.
>>
>>345008825
Like? Fucking baiting bitch
>>
>>345016092
Wish das3 was my first game too anon
>>
>>345016218
>>345016251
>>345015862
playstation autismos get one game and they will defend it to death

How does it feel to have no games btw? Must be killing you.
>>
File: alive.jpg (231 KB, 869x943) Image search: [Google]
alive.jpg
231 KB, 869x943
Felt way too fucking long.
>>
File: 2011.png (90 KB, 238x276) Image search: [Google]
2011.png
90 KB, 238x276
>>345016496
>>
>>345005142
Everything. It is literally the worst game of all time. Everyone agrees that there is not a single thing good about it. It is the worst thing anyone has ever done in a video game. So yes, everything in it is a weakpoint. EVERYTHING.

>>345015862
This. BB is literally the perfect video game, a stark contrast to DaS2. BB is proof that video games are art, as it has a story and atmosphere that exceeds even the greatest of literature and film. It is like the single best experience of my life. Poor PCkeks say PS4 only has one game, but when that one game is on a level so far above any other form of entertainment then it is well worth the price.
>>
>>345016475
Not explaining your reasoning but instead prefer to respond in memes. Kys
>>
>>345016620
Man don't you have anything better to do with your time?
>>
>>345016673
You don't even know what the word meme even means
>>
>>345016737
BB was really fucking good though. It's almost flawless. If only it was multiplat and people would actually get a chance to play it and not meme about it
>>
>>345016737
Post platinum or fuck off
>>
>>345016475
How is a game where you can choose your first boss kill to grant you entrance into the late game linear? You're confusing boss kill walls with linear.
>>
>>345016850
Still not explaining your reasoning there.
>>
>>345016957
No man, I mean your post is just fucking silly. If you think DSII is the "worst thing anyone has ever done in a video game," then you haven't played many video games and are shitposting.

And then you're comparing it to literature and film as if that had any place in the conversation at all. How about comparing it to its contemporary video game titles so that statement would actually have any meaning? And then you do that console war crap. Jesus.

>>345016930
I agree. But Sony knows that it's a seller and that people would flock to a sequel should Sony enlist From Software to do so.
>>
>>345016737
Aside from playing BB of course? Maybe if you had played it you would understand. It's like a religious awakening.
>>
>>345017165
You literally do not have any grounds to stand on unless you post a platinum for bb. You are unknowledgeable in the subject of dark souls and should immediately stop posting
>>
>>345013596
This is also the second level I cheesed, out of patience, with a bow and poison arrows.
>>
>>345005142
I really like the game a lot but I'd argue it has the weakest bosses in the series, it has a lot of good ones but there are so many forgettable big dudes to fight.
>>
the rolls looked retarded in 2 for some reason, it looked like you instantly started the roll animation after you hit B. The rolls in 3 and 1 felt a lot more fluid, also the running felt weird in 2 as well.
>>
File: still playing.jpg (13 KB, 251x116) Image search: [Google]
still playing.jpg
13 KB, 251x116
>>345016428
>I can't stop playing it though.
Neither can i. DaS and DaS 3 i played once and dropped. I still play DaS 2
>>
2 is tied with 3 as worst in the series.
>>
>>345017165
Comparing BB to "contemporary video game titles" does it a disservice is why. That's like comparing Mozart to Fall Out Boy
>>
>>345017542
2 uses motion capture
3 uses 1s animations
1 are made by hand
>>
>>345017457
>not saving your poison arrows for some place that they are actually needed
Just use regular arrows and land headshots. You know that in DaS 2 there are headshots, right?
>>
>>345017165

Don't respond. Every Souls/BB thread is filled with this faggot that says BB is literally perfect. False flagging or not, it does nothing but shit up the thread.
>>
>>345017595
My only two problems with 3 are that it felt like it was all taking place in a small world compared to 1, and invasions are fucked for invaders. It's one thing to have the advantage over an invader, but ember + seed + phantoms + double estus is just a disaster most of the time for the invader.

Hoping for a really great DLC and some invasion reworking. (having more than one phantom should always slot in 2 invaders at least, including mound makers and zone protectors).
>>
>>345017662
Friend, I'm in agreement with you. I'm gonna give you a crash course in rhetoric and composition: If you talk like a pretentious knobhead, i.e.

>That's like comparing Mozart to Fall Out Boy

You'll just get people to dislike Bloodborne because of how idiotic you are. Stop, you're embarrassing yourself and the game you cherish so much.
>>
>>345017815
You say that as if it isnt perfect...
Let me guess Dark souls 2 or 3 is your favorite?
>>
>>345015941
He said shitty DLC areas not shitty dlc my mans.
>>
>>345017812
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/headshot

I love headshots.If only my lag wasn't so bad i'd do them in PvP as well.
>>
>>345018237
I can see how folks would think it's shitty from a level design standpoint, but honestly it's one of my favorite areas in the game.
>>
>>345017987
I didn't like 3 becuase of
Linearity
No replay value
Boring level designs
Boring boss designs
Ruined boss fights because of gimmicks
No weapon variety
No build variety
DAE like DaS1 references everywhere, anor londo, Gwyndolyn and Gwyn there for literally no reason
Complete push overs for bosses
Shit invading system
Broken covenants

The only thing the game has going for it is fire keeper is best waifu and the ost
>>
>>345016428
The fact that Dark Souls gameplay is just so damn good saves it, but it's true that it feels horribly rough around the edges. Worst is design, it just feels like a selection of non-related sections instead of one big and coherent world, and those non-related sections are mostly weirdly ugly too.
>>
>>345005142
ds1>ds2>ds3

you know its true
>>
>>345017586
Are you still here anon? What do you do to keep playing now that the playerbase is so small? PvP kept me engrossed in DSII more than DaS1, but with the playerbase gone I don't have much reason to go back.
>>
>>345018893
>BB>>>>>DeS>>>DaS1>>>>>a pile of shit>>>DaS3/DaS2
FTFY
>>
>>345019061
Das = bb > des
>>
>>345017812
You can buy poison arrows, and they are cheap, so why not.
Beside, I had a cheap bow too, so landing headshot was not easy.
>>
>>345019132
Post your fucking psn right now
>>
File: sotfs gaining players.png (348 KB, 724x1078) Image search: [Google]
sotfs gaining players.png
348 KB, 724x1078
>>345019060

Not the same anon but I play every day and get matches almost instantly. In DS2 you can sit at the bonfire and you'll see areas highlighted in orange. This means these areas have more active players in them. If you go there you will find pvp matches easily. I personally dislike red invading so I only put down my red sign, summon other red signs, and blue invade and I get matches all the time.
>>
>>345019060
> What do you do to keep playing now that the playerbase is so small?
I simply experiment with builds for fun. Min maxing is like a drug for me and with the Agape ring i can make SM level specific builds for twinking.
>>
>>345018486
I loved a lot of the boss designs. Dancer, nameless king, consumed king, champ, twin princes, abyss watchers and wolnir.

The problem was like you said, they were easy. Not just because of playing a souls game before, anyone who claims they NEVER die even to easy stuff due to occasional fuck ups is lying. The problem was every single boss in this game can be beat with the exact same approach. Stay close, roll while counting attacks, counterattack, repeat.

Combine that with shitty designs like ballsack tree and deacons (though I did love the chapel design too) and it makes for disappointing bosses.

Yhorm gimmick being the worst of it, this wasn't like laundry guardian like ceaseless discharge meant to be cheesed, this was a lord of cinder that the game HIGHLY encourages you to autowin cheese.
>>
>>345019225
Yes you can but i alway try to keep my SM level low.
>>
>>345019363
Wow DaS 3 is dieing out pretty fast. Btw you should check Dark Souls 2 since there are people who play that instead of sorfs.
So DaS2 players are split in a way.
>>
File: Capture.png (145 KB, 759x427) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
145 KB, 759x427
>>345019913

No one plays vanilla 2. SoTFS is where it's at.
>>
File: 1462108291499.jpg (1 MB, 965x728) Image search: [Google]
1462108291499.jpg
1 MB, 965x728
>>345018893
BB = DaS3 > DaS > DeS = DaS2
This is mostly based on single player though.

>>345019363
What do you think is the best place to sunbro at SL90? I've been getting some summons at the snake lady but it's not going very fast.
>>
File: kif fr.png (39 KB, 550x436) Image search: [Google]
kif fr.png
39 KB, 550x436
>>345005142

It doesn't seem anywhere near as polished as the first game. It looks worse and the animations seem far more clunky. Also, the selection of spears is worse than the first game. Why the fuck do I still have Winged Spear when I'm halfway into the game? In contrast, STR weapons and halberds are all over the fucking place.
>>
>>345020203

Just sit at a bonfire and look at the areas that are orange. Any one of those areas will get you summons. If you aren't finding anyone try unlocking the DLC areas they always have people.

Smelter Demon has always been a good spot for me though even if the area isn't lit up. Drangleic bonfire is also decent since you have people going to fight the Dragon Riders as well as Throne Watchers, Nashanda, Aldia.
>>
>>345020602
Oh so that's what the orange means, guess I'll try those areas instead. Thanks.
>>
>>345013820
>>345013969
>>345014010
>b-but muh mocap
no john you are the contrarians
>>
File: kbrad.png (173 KB, 269x385) Image search: [Google]
kbrad.png
173 KB, 269x385
>>345014010
dawg....the animations were the worst part of DaS2. They felt like shit, they looked like shit, getting hit in the head made you slide back in place for 10 minutes straight, jumping looked and felt like shit, getting knocked into the air looked retarded, sound effects didn't match actions, I could go on.
>>
>>345020016
>No one plays vanilla 2
>that picture clearly shows that some people still do
>>
>>345005142

Bosses aren't memorable.
>>
Quite a few. Still a better game than DaS3, though, and you can take that to the bank.
>>
>>345021509

Found the autist. Saying "no one" can be used to refer to an extremely small or negligible population. It's called hyperbole. Please refrain from autism-posting in the future.
>>
>>345006625
The run to 4kids is nothing with the right shortcuts open. A little tedious, maybe.
>Garden bonfire
>past the drakes
>up the elevator
>off the ledge
>through the fog
>>
It's not like Dark Souls was without flaws, but Dark Souls was a game we loved despite its flaws. Dark Souls 2 was a game that was hard to like because of its flaws.
>>
>>345018893
Yep.
So far, at least. But DaS3's problems can't really be fixed with DLC.
>>
>>345016673
>>345017073
It's a straight line from start to finish apart from a couple of optional late-game branches.
The Cathedral doesn't count because you have to go there anyway, so there's very little point in beating Carthus beforehand.
Beating Dancer erarly unlocks chunks to push your twink ass out of invasion range, equipment that you can't make proper use of at that level besides Gundyr's halberd/ chain and a covenant that gives you faith scaling reward items (ie practically nothing).
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.