[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games depict sword fighting and fencing at least partially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: kritter.jpg (131 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
kritter.jpg
131 KB, 525x700
What games depict sword fighting and fencing at least partially ralistic and fun?
>>
>>344998264

Mount and Blade warband

Never tried age of chivalry but I heard its good too.

Reign of kings was an awesome early acess but community is ded now.

Dunno any others, but deliverance is on the horizon as well as Bannerlord
>>
>>344998264
Skyrim, because if competitive medieval combat reenactment events like Battle Of The Nations have taught me anything, is that people usually just swing their weapons and hit each other over their fucking heads with as much force as they're able to without literally any finesse or technique involved. The only thing Skyrim lacks for complete historical authenticity are some shitty wrestling moves.
>>
>>345001094
>>344998264
This is what medieval battles used to look like, you fucking autists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl514Vk7HlA

Nobody masturbated over how aesthetically pleasing or technically flawless their moves looked, they just bashed each other over their fucking heads with halberds, axes and shitty swords.
>>
>>344998264
Chivalry is pretty decent.
>>
File: 1352550844540.png (6 KB, 409x259) Image search: [Google]
1352550844540.png
6 KB, 409x259
>>345001498
FUCK
NO

ITS FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>345001094
>>345001389
Battle of the Nations has effective techniques and/or weapons banned, though, resulting in no one getting very seriously hurt. In real battle, people die.

There are things you can learn from historical re-enactment and fights devolving into a clusterfuck probably is a rather accurate observation (at least depending on what kind of weapons are used: shield wall or pike formations for example probably would involve people fighting with some degree of discipline because going solo gets you stabbed to death and people don't want to die, but re-enactment might offer a good idea about what battles between less uniform armies looked like) but it's not real combat by a long shot.
>>
>>345001498
>chivalry is pretty decent.

The game that has coding so go awful shitters refuse toactually play it and instaed autistically practice one specific action that allows them to glitch-exploit the coding and stab players as if they have no armour or shield at all.

Yeah. No. Its an okay game totally full of cunts who refuse to do anything But unplay the game.

And the maybe 15% that do actually play it without using the exploit

>archers who shoot into melee killing their own team

Or

>greatweapon users who only use their weapons whilst staninding inside the anus of an enemy so their 'attack' might. Just. Perturb the enemy. Whilst hacking teammates apart for the enemy team.
>>
>>345001094
>>345001389
>using re-enactments for proof of anything
If they're not actively trying to murder each other it doesn't show shit
>>
>>345001498
It's fun for the first 15 levels when you're playing against other noobs but after that you have to play with level 69 tryhards and people who exploit the game
>>
>>345002267
the most retarded thing in that game is backwards overhead poke, fucking idiotic.
and the most "SKILLFUL" think is abusing the broken physics of the game, when a stationary sword does as much damage as a full blown swing.
fucking trash. and people defend it cause its "skillful"
>>
For Honor, I guess. It's not out yet but the combat looked pretty interesting.
>>
>>344998264

N/A
>>
>>345002267
>>345003136
>I don't know how to aim my crosshair at the point of someones weapon when they're doing their spin bullshit to block it

If you'd played the game for more then an hour you'd realize it's actually incredibly easy to block that shit. Git gud faggots.
>>
Bushido Blade?
>>
>>345003136
Exactly.

>I'm so leet. I abused the shitty modelling to ignore your helmet shield and parry and stabb'd you inna face.

Or

>I'm the best ever. I can half kill one enemy with my huge weapon and dismember five teammates simultaneously!
>>
>>345003434
39h
game is shit.
>>
File: mordhautitle-1920x1080.jpg (604 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mordhautitle-1920x1080.jpg
604 KB, 1920x1080
>>345001846
Shitter get good

>>345002267
lmao random joe l2p

>>345003107
they're not exploits you're just GARBAGE PLAYER

>>345003140
Trash game with no real time swings lmao ntnt

pic related will blow all other melee titles out of the water
>>
>>345003136
>>345003107
>>345002267

You know, I've never seen a game provoke as much rage from shitters as Chivalry does. The phrase 'git gud' has never been more appropriate.
>>
>>345003692
Matrixing and that silly double hit are basically wavedashing/SHFFLing. If you don't know how to do it you get wrecked.
>>
>>345003598
best thing about it all, they consider using parry an unfair, noob, bad manner thing.
>>
>realistic
>and fun
You're a big fat fucking retard if you think those two word can ever be used together in video games.

Go fencing for real you shit.
>>
>>345003787
wrong again, been top 5 every game
tis shit.
>>
>>344998264
When I read fencing Nidhogg immeadiately came to my mind
>>
>>345003804
nah you're a retard if you can't see the difference between wanting to play a medieval game where blunt does better vs armor + feints without wrestling on the ground for 30 mins in full plate dumby lol
>>
>>345003903

>wrong again, been top 5 every game

Lol. The top Chivalry players are all pretty well known in the community and you sure as shit aren't one of them.
>>
>>345003804
>flightsims arent fun
>arma\ro\pr arent fun
get out of here consolebaby
>>
File: knight.jpg (131 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
131 KB, 525x700
>>344998264
>>
>>344998264
Overgrowth was pretty good. Blood trickling was very well-made too.
>>
>>345003998
game shit, dead, and im happy.
>>
>>345003434
No. It isnt. Since the game's coding shits itself trying to resolve everything happening, gives up and removes the defenders everything from the resolution calculation.

There isn't anything you CAN do about it. It comes from using an engine from an fps' to do a melee game.

If YOU actually played Chivalry. At all. You'd know just how full of diagonal-downwards-attack-mid-jump attack spammimg asshats the playerbase is full of.

You can attempt to mitigate the attack. But most of the time the game will just give up trying to figure out how shit interacts and just delete a whole bunch of shit from its calculations.

Hence the endless spam of armour and or shield and or parry ignoring attacks. It's an unresolveable glitch the playerbase continually exploits. Forever.
>>
>>344998264
None, medievalfags will never be satisfied because they manage to be more autistic than military nerds and /k/fags.
>>
>>345004190
literally only game ever close to medieval is chivalry, and its shit
morthau is going to be better, but still same shit.

you need a physics based game.
>>
>>345003989
You fucking retarded mouth-breathing cocksucker, you request "realism" but you're the first to cry bitch tears when realism turns out not to be fun.
>>
>>345003794
>hey! You're not allowed to bounce my spastic 0 stamina completelt wild swing with your heater shield and then lunge in and gut me!
>>
>>345004153
You have no clue what you're talking about, reverse overheads are easy to parry once you know when to expect them.
>>
>>345004153

>But most of the time the game will just give up trying to figure out how shit interacts and just delete a whole bunch of shit from its calculations.

What the fuck are you talking about? The system is relatively simple. A weapon draws a tracer. If the active part of that tracer intersects with your model, you get hit. A parry causes a small parry 'shield' to appear momentarily which allows you to block.

There's nothing complicated about it. Everything can be reacted to and parried.
>>
>>345004319
>but you're the first to cry bitch tears when realism turns out not to be fun.

No I'm not you dumb fucking cuckold I have 2k hours in chiv lmfao dumb stupid idiot man u better suck my weiner now ahhahahHAHAHHAHAHAHHhHHHAHAH
>>
>>345003787
>game has permanent glitch due to coding and engine that is continually exploited.

"Just git gud."

fuckoff. The playerbase is full of these cunts.
>>
>>345004580

What glitch?
>>
>>345004303
it's called mordhau dude
>>
>>345004580
What glitch bro? You mean Advanced Shield MechanicsTM? That's the only glitch I can think of...

surely you're not referring to the real time swing system because that would make you a retard lmfao
>>
>>345004491
Except when they are used diagonally in a jump and the game removes your parry and or armour from the hit /damage calculation and then decides you got stabbed in an unarmoured head. With no parry or block at all.
>>
>>345004729
nope. same shit. they fixed a couple of bugs, but its the same core mechanics and same tracing bullshit.
>>
>>344998264
Exanima is wacky fun.
>>
>>344998264
I fucking hate how so many games with melee combat ROOTS YOU TO THE FUCKING GROUND WHEN YOU ATTACK OR FORCE YOUR MOVEMENT ALONG A SHITTY PATH. That's not how fucking melee combat works in actual battle.
>>
>>345004803

>Except when they are used diagonally in a jump and the game removes your parry and or armour from the hit /damage calculation and then decides you got stabbed in an unarmoured head.

This doesn't happen. If they are waterfalling, you have to move backwards and parry lower than usual because they are dragging the tracers out and around your parry.

Simply parrying doesn't make you impervious to damage from the front. You actually have to parry the tip of their weapon.
>>
>>345004938
what games do this
only ones that come to mind are the souls series
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 564x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 564x406
The Devil May Cry series
>>
>>345004860
So, to answer OP's question, Mount and Blade Bannerlord, Kingdom Come, and For Honor then?
>>
>>345005145
it's generally better to list games that are out
i'd say warband, nidhogg, and apotheon
>>
>>345005145
to answer ops question: there are none. go make some.
>>
Loads of newfags who never heard of Bushido Blade here.
>>
>>345005145
No, Chivalry is the best out right now, Mordhau will be 10x better when it releases in 2017
>>
>>345005285
>Bushido Blade
it's garbage
>>
>>345005430
It's the most realistic and fun of the games in this thread, so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>345005681
>It's the most realistic

The game doesn't even exist how can it be realistic lmao
>>
Just play Med II Total War. That always helps me get my medieval kick.
>>
>>345005037
A shit ton of games does this, Devil May Cry does this, Kingdom Hearts does this, Ninja Gaiden does this, God Hand does this
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.