[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That's it? 2 Waves of cannon fodder, a couple of shots in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1458883880207.jpg (39 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
1458883880207.jpg
39 KB, 800x444
That's it?
2 Waves of cannon fodder, a couple of shots in the end and he's down.
That's the finale, what the fuck.
>>
It was a big finale
>>
Sounds like Red Dead Redemption.

Three waves of 50 guys, and then a final wave of like 12 that he gives up fighting to die like a bitch.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (20 KB, 621x460) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
20 KB, 621x460
Are there any games where I can use CHAOSH to climb up the metaphorical ladder of power?
>>
>>344987835
FOR YOU
>>
>>344987763
Yeah, he was pretty underwhelming. Also the game was really easy even on "hard" mode.
>>
>>344987835

For you
>>
File: Sam Payne.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Sam Payne.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>"We want a real Max Payne 3 or Alan Wake 2"

What? You want some uninspired time travel game? Okay!
>>
>>344989321

What is this gif from?
>>
>>344988373
any Just Cause
>>
File: tmp_3475-1449898626714332776332.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2311) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3475-1449898626714332776332.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2311
>>344987835
Relatively speaking
>>
>>344989321
>We want Alan Wake 2
no one has ever said that
>>
I just got an Xbox One. Is this worth playing if I really adored everything Remedy has ever made? MP1+2 and Alan Wake are some of my favorite games ever. But I'm unsure about QB.
>>
>>344989496
Alan Wake.

It was Sam's usual Stan Lee cameo
>>
>>344989645
pirate it on windows 10
>>
>>344989645
>Is this worth playing if I really adored everything Remedy has ever made?
Are you kidding? Of course it is.

I actually liked it more than Alan Wake
>>
>>344989553
Shut the fuck up.

Alan Wake was a good game, both objectively and subjectively, and a sequel is definitely warranted.
>>
>>344989707
I have a Mac
>>
>>344987763
Bosses were shit. You never fight a real shifter, he even escapes and somehow you never meet him.
That rouge agent dude is just normal soldier with more health with unkillable disrupter in the room
final big bad is waves of enemies with one hit kill grenades in between

Game looks great and has a lot of interesting ideas, but they didn't flesh it out,
>>
>>344989789
>Alan Wake was a good game, objectively
No, it wasn't. The combat was shitty and extremely repetitive.

>point your flashlight at an enemy for 5 seconds and shoot, repeat 5000x
>regenerating health
>no real scares because you're almost always warned that enemies are nearby
seriously the flashlight gimmick got old fast

The game did have an interesting story though and a nice setting and good graphics.
>>
>>344990037
>point your flashlight at an enemy for 5 seconds and shoot, repeat 5000x
God forbid developers try a new and interesting mechanic instead of chest high wall cover shooter #578

>regenerating health
Only under light posts. You couldn't just cower in a corner and wait for the strawberry jam to get off the screen.

>no real scares because you're almost always warned that enemies are nearby
The game wasn't supposed to be scary. It was supposed to be a combination of The Twilight Zone and Twin Peaks, but dumbasses expected Silent Hill and were disappointed.
>>
>>344990403
>new and interesting mechanic
There was absolutely nothing new or interesting about that mechanic.

The game was just a generic shitty 3rd person shooter when it came to gameplay.

>Only under light posts.
This is flat out wrong, your health always regenerates, it's just instantaneous when you go under a light post.

>The game wasn't supposed to be scary
>constantly night time, in the forests of the pacific northwest, tons of fog and atmosphere
>not supposed to be scary
yeah okay.
>dumbasses expected Silent Hill and were disappointed.
No, I expected a good game and it wasn't what I got. I don't even hate Alan Wake or anything and own both versions, but Quantum Break is a better game.
>>
>>344990747
>There was absolutely nothing new or interesting about that mechanic.
Yet you give no examples of other games that do this that would prove me wrong.

>This is flat out wrong, your health always regenerates, it's just instantaneous when you go under a light post.
You played on easy, huh?

>constantly night time, in the forests of the pacific northwest, tons of fog and atmosphere
Does this mean that every game in this type of setting has to be scary by default? It has a creepy atmosphere, yeah, but it was a horror thriller. Not a jumpscare simulator. Did you also play Bloodborne and expect Club Penguin?
>>
>>344991174
>>344991174
>Yet you give no examples of other games that do this that would prove me wrong.
You shoot things in a 3rd person perspective, what exactly is original about that? It's RE4 but without any of the things that make RE4 good.
>You played on easy, huh?
No, your health regenerates on every difficulty, it just takes longer. It has been years since I played the game (why would anyone come back to it), but I distinctly remember it having regenerating health even when you weren't near a light. The screen just stayed fucked up a lot longer.
>Did you also play Bloodborne and expect Club Penguin?
No, Bloodborne was exactly what I expected, a good game.
>>
File: 1334277440660.jpg (21 KB, 470x336) Image search: [Google]
1334277440660.jpg
21 KB, 470x336
>>344989862
>Never fight a real Shifter
I was mad as fuck after they built them up and didn't bother putting in at least 1 fight.
The to be continued ending was annoying too,
Alan Wake never got a proper sequel and I doubt this will either so no resolution or shifter fights.
>>
>tfw when I can't even stream the cutscenes on PC because slow internet
Why did they have to use 4k video, what the fuck. At least give people the option to use the 1080p video that they use on Xbone. What a waste of money, game runs like trash and I can't even watch the gimmick movie scenes. I'm going to have to wait a couple years to even play the game.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.