[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Silence Penalty Coming to World of Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: muh.jpg (224 KB, 692x496) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
224 KB, 692x496
>The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

>any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.
>after """"""investigation"""""""

in a decade, all aspect of the internet will be 100% censored.
>>
File: 1461238336008.png (197 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1461238336008.png
197 KB, 294x256
>it's a /v/ doesn't know what censorship is thread
>>
File: 1460460373826.jpg (22 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1460460373826.jpg
22 KB, 300x309
>>344976147
>its too hard to put one person into ignore
>lets whine to blizzard to add system that mutes him for everyone
disgusting, fucking safespace bullshit
>>
>>344976147
It's their product and it's their business, they can enforce whatever the fuck they want. It's not government enforcing a blanket ban on mean things on the internet
>>
Why not just use "/ignore"?

If you don't like what someone is saying, then don't listen?
>>
>>344976147
>people still don't understand what censorship is
>>
>>344976263
This.
>>
>that fat American who cant into law thinking this breaks freedom of speech
>>
This just begging to be abused if a whole guild reports you together or something.
>>
>>344976147
OP you're complaining about a mute system which is in plenty of games. If anything it's probably good because before instead of being able to mute you they probably just banned you instead.
>>
>>344976302
I'm sure the arguements have been something like:

"Well, if he'd say something like that to one person, he's likely to say it so someone else. Better be on top of it."
>>
>>344976263
>new rule says mods can mute you if you say certain things
>rules on what gets you muted are vague and flexible meaning mods can mute you for pretty much anything they or the company don't like
All aboard the hugbox mantrain.
>>
It's less worse than a ban, which is already there. What's the problem?
>>
>>344976398
I need the government to do it for me.
>>
It's hilarious to see all the shitheads come out of the woodwork to whine about this.

If you're not a dick you aren't going to get penalized. You can scream slippery slope until your voice is hoarse but they aren't going to be handing out silences for normal chat.
>>
>>344976147
They silence now instead of banning because they want people to still pay microtransactions.
>>
>>344976580
It's reviewed by humans, it's not automatic.
>>
>>344976147
When I was playing during MoP, there were times when I wouldn't say a word for days.

Most chats were just used for shitposting.

Not justifying this though. I'm sure it's gonna get abused to shit.
>>
File: 1466907989160.jpg (266 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466907989160.jpg
266 KB, 1200x1200
This is present in most online games and communities.

If you ever get silenced it's because you are an irascible retard with such an ego and anger issues that you can't talk to other people without being a dick for no reason.

It's as simple as that. Act like a normal person, don't get penalized.
>>
>>344976147
This is actually an improvement because under past policy they'd just fucking ban you. Get over it.
>>
>>344976147
>go into a church
>yell loudly and proclaim Jesus was a faggot and died for no reason.
>also call everyone a nigger
>and a jew
>they kick you out
>you go on /v/ and complain that they broke your first amendment rights

This is you. This is what you sound like.

I'm not comparing WoW to a church it was just an easy metaphor
>>
>>344976147
>People have been complaining about shutting up spammers in chat for actual decades
>Blizzard years to late release a tool to do so

MUH FREEDOMS

I can respect the idea of loss of freedom here but I can't see the actuality.
It's WoW when was the last time you actually typed anything at all outside of guild chat? Like lets be real if you are posting enough in general or trade you're a chinese gold farmer or a troll.
>>
>>344977182
Stick to food analogies.
>>
>>344976147
Not caring so much about the penalty itself, but what irks me is that this is what they choose to work on, keep in mind that /ignore is already an option, but they still can't make an appear offline mode for years now?
>>
>>344977330
>eat a burger
>spit it out on the cashier
>call him a faggot and a terrible cook
>turn to your right and start screaming at a child
>they kick you out
>you complain on /v/.

Better?
>>
>>344977182
except imagine that everybody in that church can tune their hearing, vision and all senses to ignore that person entirely, in such a way that they will never again experience the consequences of that person's actions firsthand
>>
>>344976147
>unlovable trolls desperate for attention will be silenced
Good. It will save people the effort of ignoring them and the pain of reading their cancerous retarded edgy bullshit. There is literally no reason you should behave like that in game, you're just a shitty person noone likes or wants to put up with. Faggots can cry all they want but the reality will always be that they're unlikable annoyances to the majority of people playing and should never be put up with.
>>
>>344977001
>This is present in most online games and communities.

And it's abused to hell and back. You say something that people don't like, not because it's rude, but just because, then you get reported.

Guilds with a grudge against someone? They could report you for shit you never said.

Course, Blizzard would be responsible for actually making sure what they say is true, but do you really think they are going to actually care enough to do that? No, they are going to give you the time out you don't deserve because it costs them nothing and everyone will always say something like

>well you must have done something

Don't encourage companies silencing people, it never works. It just makes people think what they have to say is actually important.
>>
>>344976398
In the minds of some people, when they read something they disagree with enough to make them angry (which doesn't usually take a lot), in addition to not wanting to hear them anymore they also want some sort of negative thing to happen to this person.

This system is going to be abused for sure, but it may be nice every once in a blue moon for people who genuinely just spam the chat with inane shit.
>>
>>344977419
No.
The main focus was clearly not food.
>>
>WAAAH WAAAH I CANT BE A RETARD ANYMORE
>WAAAH WAAAH I CANT BLAME THE JEWS ANYMORE WAAH

grow up man
>>
>>344976147
When you accept the ToS on any game often the first thing listed if it is multiplayer is that you willing gave up your "freedom of speech".

What the fuck did you expect? Even 4chan have rules that you had agreed to. An example is that blue boards or not if you are under 18 you legally shouldn't even be on the site.

Hard to censor something when you willing gave it up in the first place.
>>
>>344977421
/ignore doesn't prevent many of the things silence prevents though, so that's not even true
>>
>>344977431
If that ever happens, you can just send a ticket and ask to be attended via live chat so they can review your case in a moment and take measures.
Blizzard has done a lot of shit wrong, but customer service has always been top notch.
>>
>>344976302
>i'm able to put people on ignore without ever seeing their chat at all
What world do you live in? Definitely not the World of Warcraft. The point is to prevent needing to ignore them in the first place. I don't get whats so hard to comprehend about it, was that just a knee jerk reaction you had or are you just retarded? Some people ignoring them won't deter their behavoir. Those people AND blizzard don't want your cancer, the game would be a better place without people trying to cause shit.
>>
File: 1468417749162.png (936 KB, 1281x1600) Image search: [Google]
1468417749162.png
936 KB, 1281x1600
>>344976263
>it's a "it's only censorship if the government does it" Episode
>>
>>344977001
>Stand in a relatively crowded area
>Say something opinionated in chat
> "MAGA"
>You are now silenced
>>
>>344977508
Like all that "Anal" whatever shit. That got annoying. Still, this won't really solve that. People want to have their cake and eat it too. The second that some aspect of their 'community' is threated by this, they will complain about it.
>>
>>344977431
Have you seen the people publicly shamed on the Heroes of the Storm forums for saying "I DINDU NUFFIN Y U BAN?" and then the CMs post excerpts from their chat logs with the particularly vile stuff redacted?
>>
>western vidya
>western mmorpgs

smhtbhfam
>>
>>344976556
>he thinks this won't be abused by thin-skinned sjws who experience rectal raganarok after being told their dps is shit
>>
>>344977785
Assuming this is true, why do you even need to tell kids in LFR that their DPS shit? It doesn't even matter

If you're doing serious raiding you won't be using in-game chat
>>
>>344977635

The anal spam was hilarious. Of course, I don't have a huge stick up my ass either.
>>
I'm against this proposition on all fronts, simply because if you don't like someones behavior you can always just ignore them
However, because it's commonplace to ban people for exactly the same thing as silencing promises to combat I support it, as getting silenced for being rude is much better than getting banned
>>344977557
I'm looking at the list now and it looks like you can still encounter silenced players in the world, and they can still join pre-made groups
Which likely includes groups that you're the leader of
>>
>>344977920
It was fun for a bit and then it was past it's prime and people didn't drop it because 'it's part of the game'. So I just turned off Global.

But still, the point is that WoW is populated by teenagers for the most part. The people with sticks up their asses will try to remove those trying to have fun.
>>
>>344977895
>Assuming this is true, why do you even need to tell kids in LFR that their DPS shit?

I played WoW long enough to know that even in LFD and LFR, people will talk about what's wrong with the group having problems and people get butthurt over things you and I wouldn't blink an eye at. Blizzard fans are some of the most thin-skinned people in video games. Remember that these are the people that get anal anguish over "gg", even when it's used to describe a entertaining/challenging session.
>>
>>344976147
god blizzard just let me be annoying and disruptive and overuse the word nigger in peace!!!
>>
>I can't use memes from my secret clubhouse website anymore and I'll actually have to interact with people like the socially awkward person I really am :(
>>
>>344976147
Sounds like a good and fair change.
>>
>>344978235
>>344978245
>>344978294

t.blizzard marketing dept.
>>
>>344978350
you're aware this is likely taking over bans as a punishment for exactly the same thing?
Or at least I hope so
>>
>>344978134
I remember when I was first starting to heal and my mana wasn't the greatest. I told the tank in chat to stop running ahead and pulling as I needed to drink. He told me to suck it up and to stop slowing the group down. I let him die after that and he threw a massive tantrum.

It seemed that no matter what, the notion of slowing down even a bit for someone that was less experience was only met with open hostility. MMOs, not even once.
>>
>>344978350

Spokesman for anon xd leejun
>>
>>344978134
Yeah they deserve to be silenced then desu
>>
>>344978134
It depends on how you say it.
If you say constructive criticism in a nice way, normal people won't get butthurt. If someone gets angry over a legitimately good-natured comment, then it's him who could be silenced.
But if you start insulting and shitting on people for doing low DPS or failing mechanics, then it's you who deserves a silence.
>>
>>344976934
Oh shit. And they could even sell unmutes on the ingame store.

Blizzard you can hire me now. I will bring you many sheckels.
>>
>>344978350
oh you meme'd us harrrrrd exdee
>>
>>344978448
Dealing with the other assholes that play this game is way more work than actually playing, it's such a shit community
>>
>>344978524
>If you say constructive criticism in a nice way, normal people won't get butthurt.

But they're not normal people.

>>344978557

gg blizzard
>>
People that get triggered by this policy reminds me of the aspies which come to /v/ complaining they were banned from steamforum "FOR NO REASON".
>>
nice shilling OP
we didn't have this thread yesterday at all
>>
>>344978578
maybe git gud?
>>
>>344978818
People that get triggered by this policy is people who are actually familiar with how online communities function.
And they're damn right to be triggered, it's gonna be hell.
>>
Woah, people talk in this game?
>>
>>344978578
That's why I haven't migrated from my tiny, dead realm. The few people there are quite nice and I've never had issues with anyone.
>>
>>344976147
So it bans you from using world chat or what? If it's just world/trade chat then it's more than ok.
>>
>>344978942
Nah
>>
>>344978524
Trust me, I've dealt with the 'community'. Most people will always blame someone else other then themselves and any time you bring up their failings, even in the most polite way possible, they will get upset.

Only 1% of the player base can be humble and it's the same percent that actually takes raiding seriously. Because they have to blame themselves, or they won't improve.

PVP? Holy shit, you try telling an AV to actually do something other then push to the next whatever.

>FUCK YOU, DO IT YOURSELF

Why? Because even losing will get them more honor per minute then actually trying to win. The majority of the player base doesn't care about doing good. They would rather whine to Blizzard.
>>
Fragile wow babbies can't handle the bantz
>>
>>344979007
>being so shit you stay on dead realms

lmao

>>344979008
it also locks you from instance/bg chat
>>
>>344979024
Silenced :^)
>>
>>344979080
t. future silenced player
>>
File: fun police.png (143 KB, 287x252) Image search: [Google]
fun police.png
143 KB, 287x252
>>344976147
Top fucking kek, they're looking to lose the last of their playerbase I see. It's like all they want left is the facebook tier players.
>>
>>344978942
Nope. I play online game for what now? 18 years? How many times have i been banned, fucking zero. Stop behaving like a cancer online.
>>
>>344979045
PvP has a community at least four times more cancerous than anything else in the game.
I know what do you mean. Just report them and in time they will get silenced or banned.
>>
>>344979080
Meh, it's not gonna affect the raiders in any way. We always had used ts/rc/mumble/ventrilo instead of a fucking text chat.
>>
Can I still say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] this is really important?!
>>
>>344979163
Sure you have, I'm sure all those "online game" had the same social environment we see today.
>>
>>344979218
Its gonna hurt in BGs when you cant call incoming because some huehuehue reports you since Blizzard STILL hasnt locked Brazilians to their own realms
>>
File: 1400688-arthaspaladin1.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1400688-arthaspaladin1.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>>344979163
This. I knew 4chan is full of autists and teenagers with mental issues, but this is fucking ridiculous. And not just 4chan: everywhere.

This entire world must be purged.
>>
>>344979210
That's not the point, I don't play anymore. Mostly because the game just isn't fun. The point is that people are horrible creatures that won't get better.

People don't change and they will abuse anything to get an upper hand against someone else. The only thing this system will do is let people live out their power fantasy and the community will tear itself apart.

Another million subscribers down the drain for Blizzard. But I guess I should be happy about that. Maybe once WoW and Blizzard die, MMOs can take a different turn, instead of copying everything Blizzard did wrong.
>>
>>344979163
supporting people being silenced because youre too much of a faggot to type /ignore is ultimate cancer
>>
>>344979276
Name one MMO that isn't Warhammer Online, FFXI and i've played it. Those MSN Games or whatever that system was called, Gamespy, Steam, fucking everything. Never. You know why? Because i don't threat others in a way i wouldn't like to be threated myself. People who think this is an issue are part of the problem.
>>
File: 1465283771328.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465283771328.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>344976147
>it's a "Blizzard incorporates features from one title to their other games" episode
first time they tried implementing this silence penalty, it was in HotS, and you can imagine how well it worked having a teammate that was incapable of communicating for the entire game

can't say i'm all too happy about this because it'll encourage people to speak with the idea in mind that there's an ever-looming big brother waiting to haul your ass into the silence box, whereas people now usually converse with abandon

imagine if i'm having a discussion on /2 and the person/people i'm having a conversation with decide to share something ridiculous with me, and i reply by saying "hahahaha fucking hell"; there's a chance i'll get reported and silenced even though i was obviously using vulgar language in a positive fashion

oh well, not like we're going to change this since blizzard has been enforcing this approach of "zero negativity, only praises" for a good fucking while now
>>
File: restored.jpg (155 KB, 362x447) Image search: [Google]
restored.jpg
155 KB, 362x447
>>344979337
>tfw slav
>everyone talks in russian
>community is surprisingly nice
It's like every manchild went to be a shitty person in dota or cs
>>
>>344979562
>and you can imagine how well it worked having a teammate that was incapable of communicating for the entire game

this, I cant believe anybody is retarded enough to unironically think that having silence extend to instance chat is okay
>>
>>344979461
Good goy indeed.
Leave yourself to the mercy of your "peers", what could go wrong?
>>
just type /ignore?
i barely talk in this game and when I do, i don't sperg out, but do we really need this? hell, you don't even need to type out /ignore, you can just right click their name and hit the ignore button
>>
>Spam the word nigger in trade chat
>Get silenced
>WOOWWWWWWW CENSORSHIP WTF

You know if you get falsly reported you can simply just file a ticket and then Blizz will look at your logs and see you did nothing wrong and unsilence you.
>>
File: 1411619603202.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1411619603202.png
15 KB, 300x300
WoW players are total fucking babies though, especially older players.

I don't want to get reported just because my opinion differed from one of them.
>>
>>344976147
You could try not being an asshole to people you've never met. By the way, 4chan has had rules and banned people since the beginning, it has always been censored.
>>
>>344979789
What is wrong with saying nigger? Ignore it if you dont like it nigger
>>
Sure is fucking gamergate in here
>>
>>344979805
>WoW players are total fucking babies though
This this this.
I was guild-kicked for simply having an argument with an officer in which I dared suggest that pvp gear was better than pve gear when you could get ilevel 710 gear from simply doing bg's versus getting ilevel 630 gear from instances.

WoW community is shit. SHIT.
>>
>>344979562
Thankfully they banned silenced players from entering ranked ques
I don't think such a thing is necessary for LFR/LFG because they're so easy though
And getting silenced is much better than getting banned from the game
I will agree though, implementing the silence penalty while also allowing silenced players to join ranked was stupid
I'm just waiting for them to add voice comms to ranked HotS
(not that I play anymore)
>>
>>344979870
You could try dealing it with it yourself rather than having Blizzard baby you
>b-but 4chan bans people
not for banter you cocksucking retard
>>
>>344979643
People are not equal friend, and should be treated as such. There's no jailtime in the internet for miscondut like in real life. So unless you're part of the scourge, this don't affect your life in one bit.
>>
>>344980004
>I'm just waiting for them to add voice comms to ranked HotS
So now you can listen to people being niggers on voice too? :^)
>>
>>344979789
>words offend me!
kill yourself waste of oxygen
>>
>>344980001
So you were a crapper doing PVE in your PVP gear
>>
At least now, anytime I see /v/ criticize something, I can remind myself that this is filled with the same people who've been perpetuating a Breeding Season thread for a couple days now.
>>
>>344980120
Shut the fuck up.
The only downside with /ignore was there was a limit to how many players you could put in there.

>>344980149
710 gear > 630 gear
Go ahead, try and argue.
>>
>>344980092
Who cares if Blizzard silences faggots like you?
>>
>>344976384
>It's their product and it's their business, they can enforce whatever the fuck they want
the same could be said about the concentration camps the nazis had in germany
>>
>>344980092
Or I could just let Blizzard ban them. Do you think I have sympathy for edgy teenagers like yourself? Why?
>>
>>344980178
They're also the same underage that rage out and spaz at you for not doing what they want.
>>
>>344980240
>edgy
reported for bullying, enjoy your silence :^)
>>
>>344980004
I would rather people be banned.

Silencing doesn't prevent other horrible behavior. Like purposefully fucking with groups in LFG.

If they are such insufferable assholes, then just ban them. But Blizzard is desperate for their money and knows that they can't continue to ban people if they want WoW to continue to bring them money like it use to.
>>
>>344980136
>spam the word nigger
>spam
>thinking it's about being offended
Chat is not for spamming, doesn't matter what the word is.
>>
>>344980136
>Blizz HAS to let me call nigger faggots constantly

Or you could stop acting like an autistic 13 year old on /b/ when playing video games.
>>
>>344978046
>I'm against this proposition on all fronts
>I support it
make up your mind faggot
>>
>>344980224
while i think that's not an entirely fair comparison, i think the most disgusting part is the people who go "wow they can do what they want it's their game"

like submitting yourself to the lash with not a mutter of disagreement, fucking repulsive
>>
File: __(4).png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
__(4).png
51 KB, 240x232
>>344980290
>>
>>344980250
Yeah, it's sad watching them get so upset that they will no longer be able to draw attention to themselves on a videogame
>>
>>344980224
but there were no concentration camps in germany
>>
>>344980336
agree
obviously my comparison was extreme
I just hate it when everything a company does is justified by saying "it's their product"
>>
>>344980149
There was a point, a long time ago. Where you would be a fool not to use PVP to gear up for instances.

I remember back during Wrath, we had half our guild in PVP gear doing Naxx because it was far better then what we could get out of the heroic instances.

Blizzard eventually corrected it, but still.
>>
>>344976147
Is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>344980324
i don't . but nice projection you have there
i remember having a gm show up in trade because the whole server was saying nigger , dont remember which exp tho
>no fun allowed
is your eslogan shill , and then you retards post memes and think those are funny
>>
This thread reaks of reddit
>>
>>344980212
>710 gear > 630 gear

It shows you are a PVP crapper just there to be carried because you can't be bothered getting appropriate PVE gear
>>
>>344980149
No reason not to these days. There are no wasted stats on PvP gear anymore
>>
>>344980001
To play devils advocate, that fact makes me salty as hell
you can have never played an MMO before in your life
get boosted to 100
Do BGs until 710 ilvl
And then get invited to most heroic raids despite never once actually even hitting an enemy that responds to agro
>>
>>344980428
>obviously my comparison was extreme
it was extremely autistic and bernie sanders voterish tbhfam
>>
>>344980149
So you dont play the game? Best gear pre-raid is pvp blues/purples.
>>
File: Wallpaper.jpg (408 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper.jpg
408 KB, 1080x1080
These are the people still playing WoD

People who cry foul when they're justifiably silenced for being antisocial
>>
>>344980508
Why would I waste my time in the skinner's box treadmill to get inferior gear when I can get better gear by buying it myself?
Your only argument is "but muh pve.." the gear is worse. There's no difference between pvp and pve gear stat-wise in WoD, so there's no reason to use lower ilevel gear.
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (45 KB, 508x572) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
45 KB, 508x572
>>344980508
>you can't be bothered getting appropriate PVE gear

So you'd rather grind for apex crystals and do lfr, instead of just buying 710 pvp gear that has same stat distribution as your usual pve gear (because WoD had removed the difference), just to prove a point? That's autistic, m80.
>>
>>344976147
Good. You want to be a dick? Banter? Nah fuck you, get that ass muted, kid.
>>
>>344980623
>making Blizzard baby you because you cant talk to a big meanie in game or just ignore them yourself
really cant get more antisocial than that
>>
>>344980530
eat a dick fag
>>
>>344980472
>projection

I'm glad you found a fancy way of saying "no u"
>>
>>344980428
>obviously my comparison was extreme
yeah just something i opened up my post with
>I just hate it when everything a company does is justified by saying "it's their product"
this is exactly what i've been trying to put into words since i've had to argue with my friends about certain practices by companies like valve or something else
i expect to have an interesting argument and i state "i think it's pretty fucking shit that valve only releases cosmetics in their current games and never releases any new games or makes any notable effort in improving their company's services or making strides in video game development"
and then i'm met with a shut-down in the form of "man they can milk cs:go and dota 2 all they want without updating it because it's their product bro"
fucking infuriating
>>
>>344980739
silenced.
>>
>>344976147
Like how this helps pretty much no one since you could always put people on ignore and still doesn't fix gold spammers.
>>
File: 1445075405653.png (207 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
1445075405653.png
207 KB, 540x302
They already implemented this system into HotS, and it's mostly caused people to turn to satire; so that you can belittle people without the need for swearing.

Example:
>Guy whiffs his ultimate

Before Silences:
"NICE FUCKING ULT KILL YOURSELF"

After Silences:
>"Hey are you seeing the screen ok? I know a good opthamologist in your area, I can get you a referral."
>>
>>344976147
but what is WoW without people spamming anal [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
>>
>>344980691
The PVE set bonuses are considerable, and also doing PVP in PVE gear tells people you aren't really into the PVE

In any case, I'm sure your guild officer queried why you were in PVP gear and you sperged out like a faggot at him, and that's the real reason you were kicked
>>
>>344980819
Quit talking about that dead game
>>
>>344980864
You don't get pve-set bonuses from fucking instance-gear.
Only raidgear you fucking sperg.
>>
File: PvP.jpg (88 KB, 696x293) Image search: [Google]
PvP.jpg
88 KB, 696x293
>>344980508
>>
>>344980697
>>344980786
You know it doesn't work like that right? You get silenced if a lot of people acts on you. Offcourse you know, but it won't stop you from behaving exactly like you probably do in those games.
>>
>>344980697
"anti-social" isn't the same thing as "nobody wants to hear from your faggot ass"

HTH
>>
>>344980910
Upgrade it retard
>>
File: 1467647741641.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1467647741641.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>344976147
>tfw when I only play MMOs with Japs and everyone is naturally polite
>>
>>344980909
So do some LFR, homo
>>
>>344980772
yeah in german we call that "totschlagargument", which translates to "homicide argument"
it's a fake, empty argument meant to end any debate
>>
>>344980864
>set bonuses on 5man gear

If i made new character and want good gear i need to grind instances then lfr and still have shittier gear than just doing pvp for 1 day.

You know shit and now you are just trying to cover your ass.
>>
>>344980916
Just announcing it so others can join in to get your racist, mysogonistic, sexist, fascist and nazistic ass silenced. :^)
>>
Ah yes my boy, the time one of the 10 billion heroes of Azeroth was muted by the gods for calling his fellow heroes nigger faggots. Truely they are all a blight on the world. Back in my day there were only about a 100 or so heroes, and they couldn't fork over gold to the gods to gain their power.
>>
>>344981027
holy shit, this
MMOs communities in asian countries are so polite and welcoming, it's actually fucking scary
>>
>>344980994
>willingly ignoring the fact that the bonegrinder is significantly easier to get
>not spending valor on your ring
>>
>>344981028
Into the skinner's box we go, hey-ho.
The point was never that it was unobtainable you dumb faggot.
>>
>>344981114
Same argument dotards use you know..."i was banned because everyone ban spammed me". Again, it doesn't work like that. You know that too.
>>
>>344981109
The set bonuses matter.

Like I said, I'm sure the guild officer queried why you didn't have any PVE gear and you sperged out like a faggot, just like everyone did here
>>
>>344976147
Who the fuck still plays this 13 year old shitty mobarts blizzactive crap?

Sure ok ill admit the vanilla wow was ok i never played it just saw people play it at the time it looked fun but not my kind of game.

The community is obviously toxic and dead as fuck for them to do this.

Make it F2P and be done with it
>>
File: 1388300848913.jpg (240 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1388300848913.jpg
240 KB, 1440x810
>>344981027
Just because you can't understand them doesn't mean they aren't being rude, くそ外人さん~
>>
>>344981246
Why doesn't it work like that?
It literally says how it works in the OP.
>>
File: 1235896235.gif (749 KB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1235896235.gif
749 KB, 245x263
>>344981027
>'JP Only' in their LFM description
>>
>>344981194
No the point is that you're too lazy to even do the easiest PVE before stepping into actual raiding

Which is probably why you were kicked
>>
>New Silence Penalty
>tfw thought they're going to penalize silent and non-communicative behavior instead as in to force some community interaction and maybe make the game seem like an actual MMO
>it's just safespace censorship
I don't even know which is worse
>>
>>344981262
No they dont.
http://www.wowhead.com/guides/raiding/hellfire-citadel/loot-overview#tier18-warlock

Those set bonuses for ilvl680 is shit compared to ilvl710 gear.
>>
>>344981297
I think you stopped reading at a point and didn't read how it would ultimately come down to a review by a GM
>>
>>344981042
>yeah in german we call that "totschlagargument", which translates to "homicide argument"
nice, definitely going to use this in the future albeit at the risk of being called pretentious
>>
>>344981282
>I am 12 years old and I want to fit in
>>
So what's gonna happen when inevitably everyone is silenced?
>>
>>344976147
>be giant cock bag for arbitrary reason
>cry censorship when nobody wants to listen to your shit anymore
>>
>>344981507
The echo chamber of blizz patting themselves on the back will be complete.
>>
>>344981334
All these assumptions because you can't fathom that some people are fucking retarded and thin-skinned.
It wasn't in regards to raiding, it wasn't in regards to anything.
It was a simple argument that got his fee-fee's hurt because he couldn't argue "710 < 660".
Wasn't even a raid-guild nigger.
>>
File: 1462122491502.jpg (83 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1462122491502.jpg
83 KB, 960x960
>>344981289
リア充
>>
>>344981525
>arbitrary
nah, its because you're pulling TBC numbers in a raid and cant find your interrupt keybind to save your life
>>
>faggots get kicked out of /world on kronos if they post thunderfury or being a general cunt
>>
>>344981334
The LFR bonuses are shit, and PvP gear is better. Why would a reasonable officer expect someone to have gear from content they joined the guild to start doing in the first place?

If he had the raid gear and wanted to use his PvP gear instead, it would make sense. But PvP gear right now is literally the best pre-raid gear you can get.
>>
>>344981403
>He actually thinks a GM will personally sift through all the reports.
Well meme'd.
>>
File: about that.jpg (89 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
about that.jpg
89 KB, 333x500
>>344980864
>set bonuces on instance/lfr gear
Yeah, abot that...
>tells people you aren't really into the PVE
My achievements tell them that I've cleared more mythics than they did.
>guild officer queried why you were in PVP
He never did. Why would he bitched about MT's alt being geared up?

You sound a bit upset.
>>
>tfw I've never been punished for anything in the game in my over 1 year of playtime
>tfw I don't bother other people, or spam chat channels
Feels good not being an annoying cunt tbqh
>>
>>344977182
>and a jew

He is a Jew. That's why he's also called King of the Jews.
>>
>>344981584
There's a few options for that already. It's called votekick/raidkick/gremove.

Again, I reiterate.

>be giant cock bag for arbitrary reason
>cry censorship when nobody wants to deal with your shit anymore

Also, dedicated cock bags will bounce around ignore with level 1s.
>>
>>344976147
Nice, so I can spam reports on someone to get him silenced and fucked by the backlog of GM's mail effectively ruining his game experience?

Count me in
>>
>>344981690
>mythic kills post nerf

lmao okay kid

>>344981738
I bet that cock in your ass feels good too faggot
>>
>>344981027
Try plaing on russian mmo servers, it's like a fucking paradise of nice people.
>>
>>344981297
>>344981634
In Dota case, the system reads bans from multiple games, so you are never banned from a spam of people in one single game.
On Blizzard, while not completely disclosed, a simple check about time of reports and friend list relationship of reporters already remove that gap if you don't believe in GM checks.
>>
>>344981772
votekick protection exists you fucking monkey, kill yourself
>>
>>344981859
I can't wait for you to get silenced
>>
File: nice things men.jpg (921 KB, 1376x1715) Image search: [Google]
nice things men.jpg
921 KB, 1376x1715
>>344976147
>all aspect of the internet will be 100% censored.

Not if Kristen Titus saves us from the beta males
>>
>>344981908
I cant wait till me and my friends force silence you :^)
>>
>>344978448
git gud.
>>
File: e2c.jpg (56 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
e2c.jpg
56 KB, 480x726
>this entire thread
>>
File: Fuura.jpg (32 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
Fuura.jpg
32 KB, 440x330
>>344977617
He's not flying, he's just trying to get taller !
>>
File: 1450855548922.png (62 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
1450855548922.png
62 KB, 191x200
>>344976147
>talking with strangers in an mmo
>>
File: are you sure.jpg (21 KB, 620x259) Image search: [Google]
are you sure.jpg
21 KB, 620x259
>>344981783
>post nerf
>implying
You sound really upset, maybe you should chill a bit?
>>
>>344981975
You won't, because I don't need to draw attention to myself to random nobodies on a videogame ^^
>>
>>344981859
>hurrrrr I can't abuse votekick protection exists
>why can't I be a giant unpunishable unignorable faggot without consequences
>>
>>344981507
then the transformation from mmorpg to singleplayer game with a subfee will be complete!
i hope you read this in saturday morning cartoons voice
>>
>even less chat

It's been pretty dead for a few years at least now, this will only make it worse.

I'm glad I'm not going back to that boring, empty world.
>>
>>344976384
>make game
>tons of players/subscribers
>hey guys that purchased my game, if you say feminism is good or that white people are bad or privileged you get silenced now

I'd like to see how that would play out
>>
>>344982204
Looking at Legion I have no idea why anyone would pay a subscription to play. Almost all the new content is tuned for solo play except for raids but you can just do lfr which is on the same level as playing with bots.
>>
>>344982113
>join group
>dude afk for the whole duration
>can't kick him
votekick protection its so useful
>>
>>344982373
>Looking at Legion I have no idea why anyone would pay a subscription to play

You underestimate the delusion of Blizdrones and the power of brand loyalty in general.
>>
>>344981690
Just saying, you sound like you deserved to be kicked
>>
Blizz has always been good when it comes to customer service with me so I have confidence this will be handled well. I imagine there will be a blue post within a month that the silence feature isn't meant to replace the ignore feature
>>
>>344982113
>actually defending votekick protection

please never post again
>>
File: 1468481460543.png (125 KB, 242x285) Image search: [Google]
1468481460543.png
125 KB, 242x285
>>344977514
Then why the fuck did you bring up food analogies?
>>
File: free_speech.png (52 KB, 566x577) Image search: [Google]
free_speech.png
52 KB, 566x577
>>344976147
>>
>>344982512
Here dumbfuck - >>344981567
You're talking to the wrong anon.
>>
Last week I received a 3 hour ban for cracking rape jokes in trade chat

>Get a message saying a GM wants to talk to me
>He explains to me that my account is being suspended and the details will come in an email
>Tells me to make sure I've left any dangerous zones and tells me to let him know when I'm ready to be kicked off.
>Thanks me at the end of the conversation

Frankly, I'm not worried. This is a measure to counter bots more than anything else.
>>
>>344976147
>"hey stop screwing up *insert X mechanic here that I have explained more than once* or I'm going to remove you from the group."
>"fuck u kid reported"
>get muted
>OR
>have to check to see if a player is muted before inviting them
Who the fuck thought this was even remotely a good idea in an MMO?
>>
>>344982768
Well all you little aggrieved faggots sound alike
>>
>>344982727
Your analogy didn't have enough focus on food.

>>344982736
Get that weak bait out of here.
>>
>>344982645
>crying because you can't abuse votekick

Stop being so shitter shattered that you can't abuse mechanics to be a massive cockgobbler.
>>
File: 1422411893782.jpg (111 KB, 765x502) Image search: [Google]
1422411893782.jpg
111 KB, 765x502
>>344976147
Being raised on runescape, I don't get what all the fuss is. Rs had a temporary mute system that would prevent players from speaking for a couple days, it was just a fact of life at the time. Even worse, there were player moderators who could mute players for 48 hours on sight. They were regular players who were gifted moderator status when they earned enough goodboy points from Jagex. You'd hold your tongue when one of those walked by...
>>
>>344976147
Why should any person care? Be a human being, not a monkey, and you'll never have to worry about any of that.

If you do worry about it, then find the nearest zoo and make an application.
>>
File: LaughingDolphin01.jpg (13 KB, 436x348) Image search: [Google]
LaughingDolphin01.jpg
13 KB, 436x348
>>344982847
>He thinks vote-kick protection is a good thing
>>
>>344976147
i remember when people could shittalk and it wasn't news
>>
>>344982781
What were the jokes like?
>>
>>344982847
It's not abusing votekick to kick someone who has intentionally trolled - and admitted to trolling - something like 10 groups in a row, except we can't fucking kick him because votekick protection won't let us so he gets to troll no matter what.
>>
>>344982803
You know that you're not going to get silenced or banned for wording it that way.
>>
>>344982904
That's clearly the same system blizzard should use.
Just have GM's walk around the gameworld - follow players around and make sure they're all behaving properly.
I can't see why they didn't think of this earlier.
>>
>>344982847
>this guy is being a jerk and is bringing the team down, it would be better off if we just did this with 4 people
>Let's just be nice and get a 5th person an easy completion
>New guy is even more of a dickhead
>>
>>344980224
There were some concentration camps in Germany, but they were mostly placed in other parts Europe and USSR.
>>
>>344982847
>these are the type of people defending this system
>>
>>344983024
They said the same thing about DotA 2 and low prio and then I got put in it because 5 man premades mass reported me for no reason. I don't believe you.
>>
File: i am the cancer.jpg (65 KB, 1012x267) Image search: [Google]
i am the cancer.jpg
65 KB, 1012x267
>>344982967
>>
>>344976962
The problem is there aren't enough humans to handle the reports from a few million autists who got their feelings hurt. Either they will give up on silencing anyone or it will eventually go automatic.
>>
>say anything at all that people disagree with or find slightly offending
>multiple people start reporting you just to get you in trouble
>get reviewed, 20 reports and whatever you said was considered "inappropiate"
>silenced

>this happens another few times over a long period of time
>can't chat for over a month now
wow thx blizzard
>>
>>344983356
immuh victim
>>
>>344983239
Pretty smalltime.
And you got a ban for that? Weow.
>>
>>344983346
This

WoW's community is one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with, right up there with CS and DotA players. It always has been. There is no way this isn't going to be abused.
>>
>>344983239
The last one was pretty funny.
>>
Now how am I supposed call people fags and jews? Fucking safe space hugbox!
>>
>>344983239
>these are the people that claim shutting them up is censorship

WoW has a section of its player base more toxic than any MOBA.

Silence truly will be golden.
>>
>>344983420
The moral of the story is don't post like you're on /v/ unless you're on /v/

On the flip side, I had a discussion in chat about why transexuals and homosexuality are wrong and everyone flipped their shit but I got no ban for it because I was less shit posty about it
>>
>>344982904
RS isn't the same kind of game WoW is. You can play RS solo just fine.
>>
>>344983239
No wonder you got banned, idiot.
>>
>all these people crying because they're trade shitters instead of just being in a guild and being an entity unto yourselves
>>
File: bewildered cockroach.jpg (49 KB, 436x467) Image search: [Google]
bewildered cockroach.jpg
49 KB, 436x467
>the lengths these shills will go to defend this feature

Alright, how much do they pay you people for this?
>>
>>344982904
Jagex is a UK company; censorship and big brother monitoring is expected.
>>
>>344983543
Figured that'd be insta-ban on an RP server
>>
>>344983514
>>344983615
Pay attention to the conversation, I'm in favor of the silence thing here and yes I deserve to get banned when I am blatantly shit posting
>>
>>344983239
This is stupid shitposting, but it's not really ban-worthy.
>>
>>344981027
What mmos
>>
>>344983647
As if these faggots are even capable of forming friendships
>>
What's the stupidest thing you've ever gotten banned/warned for?
>>
>>344983678
>monkeys being muted for being monkeys is now a bad thing
The only way you can possibly ever think that is if you are a shitty monkey yourself. What's the problem, your mom was too busy in some alley to raise your properly?
>>
>>344983821
Setting everyone's raid role to main tank in LFR.
>>
File: d2squelch.png (123 KB, 376x192) Image search: [Google]
d2squelch.png
123 KB, 376x192
>>344983678

The thing about blizzdrones is they do it for free. For fuck sake just mute them and carry on rather than worrying about how text sent over an MMO is going to impact other players lives. Protip; It won't
>>
File: 1403075361452.jpg (51 KB, 500x663) Image search: [Google]
1403075361452.jpg
51 KB, 500x663
>booo hooo, muh freedom of speech,
>the sjw's are censoring the game
This isn't a democracy, blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want with their game.
>>
What the fuck is the point of playing multiplayer games without bantz?
>>
>>344983548
I completely agree.
Although maybe people in wow will have to learn how to use character emotes to communicate when silenced. There should be a "silenced" section of stormwind/org where people /sit or /dance to signal the need for a party. People sitting on the left side of the cathedral entrance would be looking for raid 1, people on the right side for raid 2. If your character is facing north you're looking for a tank, south for a dps, west for a healer, and east for lfg.
>>
>>344983982
Yeah! And you can do whatever the fuck you want with your various cake shops
oh fuck wait no you can't
>>
>>344984040
The first time I have to ask someone to do jumps for yes/no answers to my question is when I'm filing a complaint with customer service.
>>
>>344981764
>Jesus is the biggest jew of them all
>that means Christians are just as much jews as the actual Jews
No wonder corporations run everything
>>
>>344984068
There is a cake shop in my town with a sign that says "When the sun goes down I better not see your black ass in town". It's been in the news a few times but the state can literally do nothing to force him to take it down
>>
>>344983214
yeah, you were reported over and over again by different groups for no reason whatsoever. I definitely believe that
>>
>>344984032
a lot of modern wow players dont like MMOs, its fucking awful
>>
>>344976147
Haha it will be just like when I was a kid playing vanilla and everyone was super nice to each other haha.

Pre-ordered
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.