[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yokai Watch Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16
File: creepytitles.jpg (200 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
creepytitles.jpg
200 KB, 1200x600
Am I the only one that has sincerely enjoyed the first and now is hyping these (and Busters, for that matter) as fuck?
>>
how does this blatant pokemon ripoff justify two versions
>>
>>344973504
Betterr question is why didn't they just localize the third better version and skip the two beta versions
>>
I love Komasan!
>>
>>344973504
Different yokais to be befriended, slightly different storyline and the general rule "if pokemon does it, anyone can".
Also it's not a blatant pokemon rippoff. Pokemon doesn't own the entire collectible fighting avatars genre, and the 2 games couldn't be more different. Pokemon is all about the theme of the region and the newer mons, battles and trading, while the first and foremost aim of YW is humor. Besides its many faults I found myself giggling like a child playing YW, and I had one of the best time I had in a long time playing a videogame, something that can't be said about the terrible outing of Pokemon for 3DS so far (when a new IP has more postgame than XY and ORAS there's seriously something wrong).
>>
>>344973593
Think they'll skip that.
Gonso and Honke both received a free update with all the new stuff of Shinuchi, Shinuchi just came out because Level 5 wanted something new on the shelves when the movie came out instead of a 6 months old game.
Also ORAS just came out so it made sense to have "something new".
I think they'll skip Shinuchi, Level 5 bosses hinted that Yokai Watch 4 isn't in their plan yet (meaning: is probably going to be on NX), YW 3 has already 3 updates planned and they said they're going to use 2016 and 2017 to catch up worldwide. They'll probably skip Shinuchi to go directly to Busters (they hinted at E3 that it is coming), and then to Sengokushi and YW3.
I just wish they'd sinc EU and US.
This if YW2 keeps selling as YW1 (which is moderately), if the games explode with 2 as they did in Japan, they're going to try and sell the third version also.
>>
>>344973754
So I should buy both versions?
Okay
>>
File: 0s9xgaA.png (4 MB, 920x7504) Image search: [Google]
0s9xgaA.png
4 MB, 920x7504
>>344974182
An old thread here had this with the differences, but I never found part 2, though. Personally I'm going to pick Flashy Souls because I want that kid spear yokai (he's related to Papa Bolt, Mama Aura, Uncle Infinite and Auntie Heart, which are among my favourites), and I'm digging that hikikomori yokoi a lot.
>>
>>344973754
>Pokemon is all about the theme of the region and the newer mons
>I use 'genwunner' unironically
>>
>>344974553
I'm not a genwunner. I think that pokemon designs are getting better, not worse. But XY had too few mons, megas are an abomination, the games are rushed after the third gym, there is no post game, the story is ridiculous again after the good outing of BW(2), everything is even more casualized than usual and god that GEN I pandering was insufferable. Even worse for ORAS, where they didn't manage even to get all Emerald stuff in it. I'm glad that YW came to burn some fire under their asses.
>>
Yokai watch GO when?
>>
>>344974182
>>344974458
In japan there is a 3rd version that has both Fleshy Souls and Bony Spirits.
>>
>>344973420
I didnt and simply because of the garbage tier battle system/style. It was made for literally brain dead children
>>
>>344974458
Going for Bony, I want the Hydra boss and that pissed off Earwig and Tank guy look fun.
>>
File: Thanks Google.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Google.jpg
501 KB, 1920x1080
Man, I don't know which one to choose. On one hand you have the Slimamander which is apparently extremely good due to hitting all three lanes on top of having high damage but a pain to find and people rarely trade him, and on the other you have the remote controller, the tempura bowl, and that apathetic kid on a cloud playing on his not-3DS.

>>344974143
I really hope we get 3 at the very least. It has some of the best Yokai designs so far and it would be a damn shame for it not to get an English release with how it is in general.
>>
>>344976237
>making your own Jibanyan
Yes please.
>>
File: 197.jpg (100 KB, 463x1000) Image search: [Google]
197.jpg
100 KB, 463x1000
I gave it a shot despite being skeptical, buy I grew to quite like this series, it feels like a mix between Dragonball tier humour and Earthbound character design. The pokemon comparisson is kind of retarded, they're chalk and cheese as fuck.
Gameplay is a bit crap at first, but when they give you stronger enemies to fight later on it improves and keeps you on your toes.

Also the X Files and Ghostbusters spoofs are amusing.
>>
>>344973420
You're not alone, but expect to be the minority from all the GO talk
>>
Did they make recruiting less of a pain in the ass in the second one?
>>
I started up LBX and then I watched some gameplay of the first Yokai Watch and it looks fun. What do you do in place of getting gym badges?
>>
>>344973754
Can't agree with that last part, the writing is fun but Yokai Watch's combat is pure garbage and that's coming from a fan. I'm glad Level 5 is taking that to heart and changing the player interactivity with 3 since as it stands I'd rather play Pokemon than this. Also glad exploration is getting bigger and bigger because 1 was very lukewarm. That being said the gem nyans just got released and I don't even know if it's worth picking up the game again when you can't even transfer Yokai.
>>
>>344978316
You play the game through chapters and fight a boss at the end of a chapter.
>>
>>344978248
This. To catch a Flemgu there's a random chance that it appears in a certain place and when it does you have to use an item on it to increase your already minuscule chances of it joining you. If it doesn't, rinse, repeat, buy more items until it decides to give in. It's not just the higher ranked ones, getting a specific lower leveled one to complete a quest is also quickly frustrating.

>>344978316
The Yokai watch has 'ranks', which you increase during the story line by beating certain Yokai in the overworld. This determines what Yokai can appear in the overworld and also what barriers you can open which advance the plot. You can only get S-Rank post-game.
>>
>>344978698
>>344979139
Sounds neat. Thanks fellas
>>
>>344978248
Somewhat improved, as you''re given more tools that increase befriending chance (poking, motemote souls, etc). You'll still arm wrestle with it from time to time, but it wont be as bad as 1
>>
>>344974458
Slimander or however you spell it is a seriously good design. glad you can use one in this game
>>
There is a dog that looks like it's on meth. That alone means it's better than Pokemon
>>
>>344979954
Thank god for that. Noko catching was annoying.
>>
File: 1447373163490.png (340 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1447373163490.png
340 KB, 600x560
are those the edition-restricted Yokai on the boxes? I don't wanna have to choose between snake husbando and fox husbando
>>
>>344980283
you will
see >>344974458
>>
>>344980194
Oh uh, Noko is only obtainable from linking with 1 in the sequel. However, he is a guaranteed befriending (you get a choice of him and 2 others).
>>344980283
see >>344974458 for exclusies. Ganso is Bony Spirits and Honke is Fleshy souls
>>
>>344980405
Fug
I guess I'll go with Snake and try to trade for the ones I want from the other version
>>
I was just finishing the first game last night and i think it's a rather ok game.

The befriending system is utter balls though. When you have no rngesus with you, you can feed snartle marbled meat with a cupistol in your team for 2 hours and he still wont join you. Fuck that.
>>
File: 1453223143940.png (43 KB, 264x195) Image search: [Google]
1453223143940.png
43 KB, 264x195
>>344979139
>Complaining about Flengu, one of the most easiest to capture rare Yokai in the entire game.
It's literally two spawn points that you can save directly on top of and soft reset over and over to spawn and the recruit rate is absurdly high for the thing. I'd understand if you're complaining about Robonyan or something but Flengu? Really?
>>
File: latest[1].png (339 KB, 370x341) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
339 KB, 370x341
>Yokai Watch 2 already has a release date in the west
>meanwhile Im still waiting for Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy which came out 2013 in japan
Fuck you Level-5, fuck you
>>
>>344974458

I love that DS playing one.
>>
>>344980764
aren't they making a new Inazuma Eleven game though?
>>
Who is best Yokai waifu and why is it insomni?
>>
File: 1450971655161.jpg (187 KB, 603x782) Image search: [Google]
1450971655161.jpg
187 KB, 603x782
>>344982573
It's this one.
>>
>>344973504
It actually doesn't really rip off Pokemon all that much. It actually rips off Dragon Quest Monsters.
>>
>>344982623
That's a male, nigga.
>>
>>344980764
Soccer? What a huge faggot you are.
>>
File: 1437699966405.jpg (1 MB, 1774x2427) Image search: [Google]
1437699966405.jpg
1 MB, 1774x2427
>>344982731
Boys can be waifus too.
>>
>>344976237
Of course we'll got 3. Christ, they called Sushi and Tempura and moved them to the states, 3 is engineered to cross to the west as quickly as possible. I hope we'll get Busters and Sangokushi before though, they both look super fun. Plus I can play with the clearly superior mascot USAPyon in them.

>>344982391
Apparently yes.There's a Level 5 event and the stars should be Layton 7, Fantasy Life 2 (both are again full flagged games instead of mobile crap) , Nin To Kuni and a new Inazuma.
I'm also crossing my fingers for Busters 2, since the first sold a really fuckin lot.

>>344980665
Robonyan is easy as fuck. You literally go up and down the stairs until you get an A rank. Rare yokai in dungeon are all easier because every time you change floor they respawn, the real problem are normal rare yokai. Or the crank-a-kai exclusive, I got Frostail at my 5 fifth yellow coin but more than an hundred light blue coin later I still haven't hatched a Shadow Venoct.
>>
>>344983147
>Fantasy life 2 announced for mobile previously
Did they say they were moving it to the 3DS or is it still a mobile game?
>>
File: 1435209187242.gif (941 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1435209187242.gif
941 KB, 500x720
>Dragon Quest 7 coming out in Sept 16
>YW2 Sept 30th
I might get it and hold on it until after I finish DQ7 but by that time Pokemon Sun/Moon comes out so I won't have time for that. God damn I hate how Nintendo thought of releasing all these games around the same time. They could have spread them out over the whole year instead of just going "yeah here's everything"
>>
File: yokai_watch.jpg (229 KB, 1200x719) Image search: [Google]
yokai_watch.jpg
229 KB, 1200x719
I like the anime. Some of those Yokai backstories are pretty sad
>>
File: Enraenra.jpg (11 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
Enraenra.jpg
11 KB, 200x266
>>344982573
Slippery tribe has the best waifus
>>
File: 4824786i.jpg (153 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4824786i.jpg
153 KB, 600x600
>>344983526
Anon, that's a Mysterious Tribe waifu, but hey, you got good tastes in Enraenra
>>
>>344983403
Apparently both FL and Layton are going to have a mobile title and a console title next. Maybe they're going to use the same m.o. with Inazuma.

>>344983412
If they only managed to set a date for YW2 in Europe..
>>
>>344973420
I really liked the gameplay but yokais look really weird.When i see them, i don't really wanna catch and train them.
>>
File: Is it Golgom.png (87 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Is it Golgom.png
87 KB, 1000x1000
>>344983147
>Robonyan is easy as fuck. You literally go up and down the stairs until you get an A rank.
The S rank method is better since it's three spawns that aren't blocked by a wall right next to a rope I think it was. The A door and first floor methods are only if you are impatient since the spawn rate is disgustingly low and you only have one to two spawns that can have it(With the A rank door having one behind a wall you can't reach). I only found a Robonyan maybe twice every hour and it took four hours to actually get the stupid thing.

>Rare yokai in dungeon are all easier because every time you change floor they respawn
Except you sometimes get things like Agon, the entire Infinite Inferno crew, and the entire Yokai World crew. Yes, the Infinite Inferno crew is simply going in and out of a door, but you can't do that reliably for Sandi, and the other three have such terrible spawn rates as well compared to most of the other dungeon exclusives. Outside for the most part is much better because you can just save and quit over and over which is faster than running across the map and then fighting something(Since going up the ladders in the Yokai World is usually way slower than just doing a battle for example) and the spawn rates, let alone the recruit rates, are even lower for the ones I listed. I literally grinded Reversette for over 14 hours and only saw around 16-20 during that entire time doing the most optimal method I found.
Don't ever do that, I got six right after from Crank-a-Kai despite them being listed as rares.

> Or the crank-a-kai exclusive, I got Frostail at my 5 fifth yellow coin but more than an hundred light blue coin later I still haven't hatched a Shadow Venoct.
Took me about 180ish until I got either my Eterna or Demona, I know what you mean. The amount of date changing and Yokai-Cam I had to do to actually get them was absolutely disgusting. The fact is has a limitation is one of the stupidest choices I've ever seen.
>>
Did YW2 improve on capturing creatures? It was really the one thing that really made me stop playing a few hours in.
>>
>>344983739
Among 250 catchable yokais in YW1 there aren't 6 ones you'd like to train? That's impossible anon, try to scope a complete medallion and find your favourites. For example I don't like most tough or brave yokais, but I dig most of the heartful and slippery
>>
>>344984184
see >>344979954
>>
>>344979954
>>344984554
Thanks. Hate the idea of it still being RNG but if it's easier to manage than I'm sold.
>>
I heard you can have any yokai follow you instead of that faggot whisper

is true?
>>
>>344984170
I got my Robonyan on my third try maybe, will early on my playthrough, I spent almost 5 hours trying to recruit a Lafalotta tu fuse with my Tattletell. The entire recruiting system is random as fuck, same for crank-a-kai. If I see another one of those stupid dolls instead of my S-Rank yokai..
The legendary system is fun though. It's easy to comprehend and satisfying, surely better than how XYORAS have handled legendaries (you enter a cave and they're there waiting for you).
At least Level-5 has listened though. YW2 fixes my main problems with YW1 (besides the map)
>the annoying recruiting system
>the annoying crank-a-kai system
>no online
>no trading
>terrible menu
>useless bottom map
>>
>50+ posts
>No "Pokemon Killer" or shotaposting

What bizarro world is this?
>>
>>344984723
Whisper has his anime personality now. It's less of a guide and more of a butt monkey. And yes, they've got following yokais like in HGSS, the first one on your team follows you around.
>>
>>344984757
I really enjoy the legendary system and it gave me Elder Bloom and Shogunyan so it makes up for all that grinding. The Oni was also cool to get after the hell that was Crank-a-Kai.

Crank-a-Kai still has a limit though, I think someone said it was like 7-12 a day and it's random how much you get? The Oni area is also apparently really bad in how you get the stuff for the rewards, but I'll wait and see.

Now if only I can get a Pandanyan to complete my collection, I know for a fact I'll never get it legitimately, it's impossible. People on GameFAQs went 1000 tries without seeing it and I get maybe a streetpass on the thing in a month if I'm lucky.
>>
>>344984891
>>344984723
Yes, though the yokai that follows you doesn't have to even be in the party. Apparently you can talk to whisper i nyour room to toggle who you want to stalk you around town. All you need to do is have them befriended and you're good to go. Even if you fuse them you can still call them since you have them registered in the yokaipedia
>>
>>344984946
I'm still completing my medallium. I'm at 80%, I've got all normal yokai (except the B souls fusion evolutions and one of the blade fusion evolution), and all my legendaries. I'm working on the rares and I still need Eterna and Shadow Venoct to unlock Gilgaros. But it's all wasted energy because I'll never get a Pandanoko, I've never streetpassed anyone here.
>>
>>344985323
I think cheating in a Pandanoko is fair game with the low rate it spawns at and being tied to Streetpassing. The chance of you getting it legitimately is so low I'm pretty sure you could win the lottery before finding it.
>>
>>344973420
I'm hyped to be honest. I loved the first one and I heard the second one is better.
>>
>>344982391
Here's what I know about the game
>Said to take place during the first game's time but in a different location
>Going back to the routes, fantastic soccer but in a more realistic setting, no time travel or wacky space adventures
>A brand new protagonist
>>
>>344985472
The Noko family should have the same joke as Dunsparce in Pokemon. Since they're based on a Tsuchinoko, they are incredibly hard to get.
>>
>>344985852
Never played Inazuma.. is it any good?
>>
>>344985983
It's fun but not Level-5 best games, the GO trilogy really tries to add way too many new things, not helped by the over the top story and Tenma being blander than Endou.
>>
>>344985859
I think that's a reoccurring gag for all of those tsuchinokos, hard to get, yet the Japs swear they exist
I'm jealous that Keita/Nate met so many in episode 3
>>
I'm glad it did well enough for them to localize the newer versions, hopefully they bring the third one over after this
>>
>>344986705
I honestly think it was because of the merchandise. there is a growing amount of it so it might be doing very well
>>
>>344984846
the usual posters are asleep
>>
File: CnTXLn-UMAA6Rap.jpg (75 KB, 856x476) Image search: [Google]
CnTXLn-UMAA6Rap.jpg
75 KB, 856x476
Jewelnyans QR codes, just out.

>>344986842
Yes, Habro has said that the mercha sold better than they expected and Disney said that the ratings have been better than they expected.
The game has sold 400.000 units in US (which are respectable for a new IP), and in countries more prone to japanese culture, as France or Italy, sales have been even better.
>>
>>344987757
nice. Guess all that's left is Pandanoko then...
>>
>>344987757
Guess that's nice. Seem Level 5 however is hoping for this to reach Pokemon levels sadly.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/interview-akihiro-hino-yokai-watch
>>
>>344984846
Pokemon Go is the new Pokemon Killer
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.