[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo have done it. Arguing whether this is the case or not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: Pokemon_Go[1].png (62 KB, 320x201) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Go[1].png
62 KB, 320x201
Nintendo have done it. Arguing whether this is the case or not is irrelevant, as it's obvious they've done it. They needed a miracle and if a divine entity exists, it graced them with one. The only important discussion worth having now is how this will change the industry.

Considering that Pokemon Go is on track to becoming the most popular videogame of all time, there's no doubt that game devs and publishers are extremely interested in its runaway success. It's also the very first extremely successful 'augmented reality' game, and Nintendo's success. Pokemon was the perfect franchise for such a game, in retrospect, though I don't think anyone expected this kind of insane success.

What can we expect from publishers and devs now that the augmented reality game market has had its triumphant start?
>>
>>344973161

That they shoehorn it into VR or vice versa. Fuck creativity when you can just do the same old shit on a bigger screen.
>>
how are people purchasing items in countries where it is yet not released, how is Nintendo getting the money in that case.
>>
>>344973161
it needed a miracle for what exactly? from going bankrupt? they are sitting on reserves of Nintendo cash

other than that, yes Pokemon GO has changed the industry forever. Pokemon GO makes me feel just a bit sorry for developers and consumers who have invested so much into VR. here comes a fucking phone app that creates a market overnight and might essentially kill VR, or delay until further notice

I can definitely envision tons of games having a GO app, whether standalone or as a side app
>>
>>344973161
Add trading, battling, and at least Johto gen pokemon.
>>
>>344974729
Wait, Pokemon Go doesn't have battling?
Then why are people playing it?
>>
>>344974792
catch 'em all
>>
>>344974792
It's going to have trading soon, they said if people are still on it they will implement battling later

It's a fun way to gamify excercise and socializing. That's pretty much it
>>
>>344974792
there is battling, it's pretty basic though.
>>
>>344974792

battling has always been the worst fucking aspect of pokemon
>>
>>344973161

Is the success of Go beneficial to Nintendo, or is it really more so for Niantic and The Pokemon Company? I thought Nintendo's only foray into mobile at the moment was Miitomo, and it's success didn't last long.

To answer your question, I don't think anyone really has anything that can match Pokemon Go in terms of brand recognition and gameplay simplicity. I mean, it's a hit and the game isn't even fully fleshed out yet. The only compnay I can see doing something on par with Go would be Rockstar. Were they to release a GTA app that worked in a somewhat similar fashion to Go, as well as including controversial gameplay, it could be widely successful. But then again, it would only cater to mature western audiences. Honestly, is there any other IP that can match Pokemon's popularity? I mean, look at 4chan. Pokemon is the only, the only video game that has it's own board.
>>
>>344974792
it's not gotta battle em all
It's not gotta trade em all
it's not gotta train em all

It's gotta catch em all
>>
I hope this helps fund NX games.
They'll probably advertise sun/moon on the app and it will get more sales than usual.
>>
File: 1431360962946.gif (859 KB, 400x412) Image search: [Google]
1431360962946.gif
859 KB, 400x412
>for years, nintendrones have been posting their delusions of grandeur on /v/ without a single break
>it's beginning to become reality
MEEEEEEME MAGICCCC
>>
File: YlC6hYM.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
YlC6hYM.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Could Breath of the Wild be the next runaway success for nintendo? It seems there finally learning that games works best when there centred around the core elements they were established with. Will Zelda finally be mainstream?
>>
>>344975074
Zelda has always been mainstream you ticklefuck.
>>
>>344974950
And the movement. And the menuing. And the collecting due to IVs, EVs, and natures. And the exploring due to HM slaves. Basically all of it is just fucked.
>>
Patch it so pokemon don't show up by account level and instead show up based on geographic locations and I'd be interested. Not saying let's put a mewtwo in butt fuck Egypt but being able to get them all in my backyard from grinding kills the idea for me.
>>
>>344974792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6zdjv0vzgE

you can do gym battle for buckingham palace or whitehouse
>>
>>344973161
>They needed a miracle

LOL
>>
File: 14576895136862.jpg (53 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
14576895136862.jpg
53 KB, 600x593
No one else can mimic this success though.

It worked because it's pokemon.

Give me one (1) single IP that could do something similar to this and see even a fraction of it's success.
>>
File: KoffT.jpg (385 KB, 708x982) Image search: [Google]
KoffT.jpg
385 KB, 708x982
Anyone smart will stay away from trying to clone this games success.

Most developers aren't that smart, which is why so many MMOs lived and died for only a few short years off the back of Warcraft.
>>
>video game
It's barely an app. What they need to do is ignore their console business and sell Amiibos, expand their Go app, and start producing third party games.

Of course they won't do this, because it will dishonor their famiry, but if they want to be the best like no one ever was, they'll leave the hardware business.

Pokemon Go is incredibly popular and has micro transactions. This means infinite revenue, and there are not even 150 out of the 700+ available yet.

It's brand awareness. Mario and Pokemon are their flagship series. If they don't maximize their player base, they're stupid.
>>
>>344975074
It deserves to be, but it requires people to own a Wii U or buy an NX which isn't going to go down well with everyone.

They're all too busy spending money on more ps4s so they can play fifa or cod.

You think Pokemon Go is bad? Think about the fuckwits who bought ps4s for no games.
>>
>>344975560
This. Analysts should take note of Ingress vs Pokemon Go. Ingress I think had a reasonable audience, but Pokemon Go has Pokemon.

It's fun too.
>>
>>344973161
Flappy Bird 2.0.

It will be old news in a couple of months and the casuals will have moved on to the next fad.
>>
File: 1401385235109 implying.png (42 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1401385235109 implying.png
42 KB, 320x320
>>344975005
Well seeing your arguments, especially the shit with /vp/ (and that is called "containment-board"), well lets see....

My Little Pony.
>>
>>344975149
A companies confidence with a franchise is different to success
>>
>>344975560
You're failing to realize why it works

>Pokemon
You know, it's a show, a game, and a franchise. Most people who are playing the app either don't know shit about Pokemon, or are playing it because, right now, it is comfortably a cool thing to do. They can be any level of "nerd" from novice to advanced.

>addicting formula
There is no challenge to the game outside of RNG. It can be played casually or hardcore, hence broad appeal. It also has that carrot on a stick in play at all times. For all intents and purposes it is a buggy, nigh unplayable mess. There was an update that improves rate of crashing, not removes it.

>multigenerational appeal
Because children don't know much about Pokemon, yet manchildren do, you have parents teaching their kids about Pokemon.

>social media
This is the primary reason for its popularity. You have people saying they caught XX. And people are like wut game is dat. I had a friend ask if Aerodactly was a legendary. I wanted to throw his phone.

It's not popular because "Pokemon rulez." It's popular because cell phones have apps, and there hasn't been a noteworthy "game" in years.

Pokemon is and has always been "safely nerdy." Nerd culture has been erupting in the past few years via Marvel films.

Pokemon Go just happened to be in the right place. It's a shitty app that has zero gameplay. It's proof that people just want to get hooked on anything.
>>
File: image.png (323 KB, 558x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
323 KB, 558x640
>Are you a gamer?

Hell yeah! My favorite games are Skyrim, Fallout 4, and I hate to admit it but Pokemon Go!

We made it boyz. Games are mainstream.
>>
pokemon has always been nintendos golden goose, there trump card, if this game doesn't fucking prove that the nx needs to release with a 3d openworld pokemon game to sell it, I don't know what will show them

there is something about the design choice of pokemon, the aesthic, the gameplay, the just general idea of it that makes it perfect for a videogame

this pokemon go hasn't even TOUCHED on the concept of a loot crate system like overwatch, imagine opening crates to get shitty cosmetic things for your pokes, diff voice tags, the works, normies would eat that shit up by the billions
>>
>>344974535
The servers are all there, just not officially released
>>
>>344976816
>Team Instinct the shirt is green
how can they fuck that up so badly.
>>
>>344973161
>That soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzmAIWAOFs
>>
>>344973161
You're forgetting the monkey's paw aspect.
Nintendo is going to go all-mobile now.
>>
File: 1439588315630.jpg (47 KB, 558x564) Image search: [Google]
1439588315630.jpg
47 KB, 558x564
lmao this game is pathetic

>In pokemon the protagonists traverse wild terrain and miles to catch the rarest pokemon.
>in this game fatties waddle arouind their local park and drive slowly around town
>i-i-it's just like the games but in real life
>>
>>344973161
You see the same shit every knows would happen. devs will throw a few bucks at gambling on some cheap mobile games and will continue to focus on console and pc games since they are lower risk.
>>
>>344977093
It would be crazy fun in New Zealand if the Pokemon wandered about and avoided large groups of people, we have wild terrain in abundance and unless you live in Auckland you're a stone's throw away from it.
>>
>>344973250
Nobody wants VR, it's a fad and a very expensive one at that, I'm glad Nintendo and Microsoft aren't putting all their eggs in that basket like Sony and most notably Valve are.
>>
>>344975160
Gameplay wise it was just about OK for the GameBoy Color but when the GBA came out it already felt dated.
>>
>>344976930
kinda thinking the same.

My guess is that the game is only successful because it is pokemon.
I hear that there are some bugs and glitches.
Meaning that if you replace the pokemon with unknown monsters (invisiblimonsters?) you have a not so great game.

I think it only got so much attention because it is pokemon.
(This shows how much worth the image/ name is)

Other companies will have a hard time reproducing this pokemon-effect.

But then again...
>>344976687
>It's not popular because "Pokemon rulez." It's popular because cell phones have apps, and there hasn't been a noteworthy "game" in years.

>Pokemon is and has always been "safely nerdy." Nerd culture has been erupting in the past few years via Marvel films.

Has a point as well...
>>
>>344977093
Aussie here
all I see is chads, cuties, kids and adults playing it, I haven't seen any fatties or autists.
>>
>>344977093
give it time, man.
>>
>>344973161
nostalgiafagging normies are gonna drop it in a week either due to the fad value disappearing or the later gens being added into the mix
>>
>Pokemon Go is on track to becoming the most popular videogame of all time
>actual video game content is "flick a ball with the touch screen"

Is this it? Can we unequivocally declare that gaming is dead now?
>>
>>344976115
>Think about the fuckwits who bought ps4s for no games.
How about the fuckwits at Nintendo who are not making much games for their own fucking systems?

Very few 3rd parties care for them, and Nintendo is pretty much relying on indies to provide their systems with something.

Even the indies are bitching about Nintendo yet again leaving them in the dark with no information what so ever with the NX, which is just repeating the same mistake that hurt them in the past.

Although with Pokemans Go, I really wonder if the NX is just vaporware they made up to by themselves time, or they are really fucking on drugs with thinking whatever gimmick is really worth keeping to themselves and it will save their gaming side(3DS was ok as a DS upgrade with 3D no one really uses, the Wii U was yet again rehashed under-powerd HUGE hardware DS with a tablet slapped into a controller). Maybe they will even start getting basic concepts like playing games online, a modern account system, etc.

Yeah right, I'm pissed that is is obvious they will embrace the worst parts of the industry and mobile gaming.
>>
File: Ch-8tiIWkAEJk1N.jpg large.jpg (5 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
Ch-8tiIWkAEJk1N.jpg large.jpg
5 KB, 180x200
>>344977358
>that one cutie you know who runs around for hours as she searches far and wide for Pokemon, getting super fit
nah
>>
>>344977520
That's not video games, that's geocaching.
>>
>>344977520
fit like you mean raped
>>
>>344973161
>Considering that Pokemon Go is on track to becoming the most popular videogame of all time

It's a financial failure though. Literally meme yielding 0 profit.
>>
File: 2016-07-14 07-00-53.jpg (584 KB, 1862x1105) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-14 07-00-53.jpg
584 KB, 1862x1105
is public transportation usually this awkward? this guy is streaming pokemon go
>>
File: why not both.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
why not both.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>344977597
>>
>>344974950
this. people bought the link cables to trade not to battle
>>
How can the most popular videogame of all time be making such a small profit?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Oh-the-irony-Nintendo-earning-much-less-from-Pokemon-Go-than-Apple-or-Google_id83092
Pokemon Go has made 14 million, only 1 million for Nintendo.
Nintendo invested 30 million into Niantic for Pokemon go.
How will they ever recover from this?
>>
>>344977665
*sigh*

(You)
>>
>>344977703
You have to be ultra fit to super rape someone who is super fit.
>>
>>344977691
yes
>>
>>344977178
>NZ trying to be relevant.
Let's be sincere here, anywhere but Africa and Asia has your landscape included in their nation in some way.
>>
>>344977035
Yo you might be colorblind bro
>>
I agree with Pachter in that it will die in a few months. It's neat to play, but all the normies will leave once they caught them all, leaving the autists to stay and be obsessed with gym control.

When they release Johto Pokemon it'll get another boost, but most of the people playing will not care past that gen
>>
>>344977779
Hence why we're playing lots of Pokemon Go

Git gud.
>>
>>344977762
>>344977773
Oops I was wrong, they're not making 0 profit, they're making negative profit hahahahahahahahah
>>
>>344977358
Reducing a game to its most basic form can make anything seem like shit.
Tetris
>all you do is drop some blocks, you don't even have to press buttons as it does this itself
Mario
>run around and jump how is that fun
Dark souls
>hold b to win then summon people ezpz
See I can do it too.

Theres a little bit more to the game other than
>flick the ball

And it's not just
>menu the game
Most rpgs have you navigating boring and poorly designed UI's for hours

/v/ is butthurt because they have to go outside to play this game is all.
>>
>>344975005
>Honestly, is there any other IP that can match Pokemon's popularity?

Minecraft. Minecraft and Pokemon are probably the two biggest IPs in gaming.
>>
>>344973161
Now if they stop with their low quality consoles and make games for the better ones, they would get a similar result
>>
>>344973161
As a person who has a core group of friends who all try to predict the future of vidya, I was correct in my initial guess that this would be a success BUT not like this.. I've seen people who dont give a mother fuck about pokemon.. go from; dont care to I'm getting a 3ds so I can play the previous games.

I argued that something would come along to destroy the VR hype train before it took off and look at this shit here.. I haven't seen a single article about it since this released.. but I've everything from Shin Megami Tensai to fucking Minecraft as titles people would like to see in the AR game market. Nintendo, quite literally just inovated in a noninovating way. AR was already a thing.. hell you have AR games on the 3DS.
>>
>>344977810
Temperate rainforests aren't terribly common actually.
Are you one of those people who mistakes New Zealand for woodlands or a tropical island?
>>
>>344973161
>Finally out in the UK
Oh boy, maybe now I have an excuse to get off my fat ass.
>>
>>344973161
Im just wondering if the ds games will be irrelevant soon. Nintendo has been looking for a successful way to penetrate the mobile gaming industry. Also is my years of hard work in Pokemon mean nothing now? What will happen to all the pokemon i ever got? Will i ever see them again in this new world a pokemon go?
>>
>>344977934
>See I can do it too.

You suck at it though.
PGO is literally "run around IRL so you can play a round of simplified (!) Angry Birds".
>>
WHEN DOES IT COME OUT IN JAPAN. I WANT TO SEE LEWD JAPANESE CREEPSHOTS
>>
>>344977281
Nintendo has always, ALWAYS been a normie company. It's why this whole ranting about Sony normies has always confused me.

Zelda, Pokemon and Mario are the go-to franchises for normies, especially girls. Look at the triforce tattoo thing.
>>
>>344973250
VR is a useless buzztech that will fade out of the collective conciousness in a few years.
>>
>>344976816
Games have been mainstream since fucking Pac-Man but I guess you're too much of a special snowflake to realize.
>>
next thing you know PC Gamer is going to be hyping the next mobile ARG as the "NEXT Pokemon GO killer"
>>
>>344978008
>look at this shit here.

Pokemon GO is popular because of pokemon, this isn't the dawn of the new AR age it's the resurgence of pokemon. Like the Wii before it, many will try to capitalise on the lightning in a bottle but in the end it's one of a kind.
>>
File: sonic-the-hedgehog.png (3 MB, 2132x1811) Image search: [Google]
sonic-the-hedgehog.png
3 MB, 2132x1811
>>344975560
I really wanna say Sonic because he runs fast as fuck and it would make sense but i dunno.
>>
>>344978221
I don't think that will be the case. This is an easy concept to build on. Digimon, could to this. Monster Hunter, could do this. SMT/PERSONA, could do this. If Minecraft, does this it's going to explode.
>>
>>344973250
>Fuck creativity when you can just do the same old shit on a bigger screen.

One of the biggest draw of Pokemon is the nostalgia factor. So creativity won't fly well with it.
>>
>>344978439
I'm sure those games could do alright, but there is no way they will ever be anywhere close to how popular pokemon GO is. The 'social phenomenon' isn't going to be repeated and no IP has the pure nostalgic power of pokemon.
>>
>>344975149
There's mainstream for a videogame then then there's mainstream, which is what GO achieved.
>>
File: good fuck.png (19 KB, 872x546) Image search: [Google]
good fuck.png
19 KB, 872x546
>>344976354

I don't think you comprende.
>>
>>344977762
the idea is not to make a profit from the microtransactions revenue, but to create brand awareness, if Nintendo is smart they could capitalize from GO succes to sell a fuck ton of 3DS/2DS with Pokemon Son and Moon
>>
>>344978439
I want to say something about EA making an ARG dungeon keeper game
>>
>>344978425
>game based in real life about going fast and collecting rings
I can see this working and resulting in far, far more deaths than any game in history.
>>
>>344978221
You're thinking too small. These games aren't about the 'core' player. These feed the casual players incessant need for bite sized moments. Think like a core player. They are the reason the mobile game market is as huge as it is. Games like this are going to fucking thrive.
>>
>>344978742
It's perfect, as they add in more pokemon more people get their nostalgia triggered from whatever version was out when they were a kid.
>>
>>344977093
It is a great business idea to alianate all people who lives in big cities. You should be hired as an idea guy.
>>
>>344978742
>create brand awareness

There are still people in the world not aware what Nintendo is?
>>
>>344978610
Why do you think nostalgia is the only factor here? Do, you have any clue how popular minecraft is? If there was a AR Minecraft game we'd see just as big a buzz as Pokeémon Go. Hell, I'll say right now it'd be bigger.
>>
>>344978868
why would a pokemon go player ever switch to another ar game, one they don't have nostalgia for and that isn't as popular. If someone fall sout of pokemon go and loses interest, why would they come back for some random game and 'do it all again'.

New AR games can't improve on pokemon GO, sure they can add new bells and whistles but the core social experience can't be improved and the popularity won't be replicated.

Ingress has been out for 6 years and by most measures is a better 'game; then pokemon go. Why would the AR revolution start now when it hasn't already unless the pokemon brand was the differing factor.
>>
>>344979121
>If there was a AR Minecraft game we'd see just as big a buzz as Pokeémon Go

that's delusional
>>
>>344979126
Ingress lacked any enjoyable theme whatsoever.
Still a mediocre game, and it didn't have anything thematically special to compensate.
>>
>>344979121
>If there was a AR Minecraft game we'd see just as big a buzz

Nope. Minecraft IS insanely populat but mostly among children because there is no nostalgia value now. Also I don't think you can adopt Minecraft into an addictive AR game. It can be done (like you gather resources when you are outside and build stuff when you are at home or shit like that), but still it won't be as simple as Pokemon Go. The popularity of the game is from how simple and addictive it is. It's not JUST because Pokemon is a popular franchise.
>>
>>344978697
What's the Y scale?
>>
Devs letting a shitty mobile game influence their future titles is my biggest fear.
>>
>>344979121
What, like something where people create an alternate reality based on the real world?
That'd be amazing, except that if you dig a tunnel you can't go in, and if you build a tower you can't climb up.

But you could stray from Minecraft as it is known, and focus just on building cool things.
>>
>>344976115
PS4 has plenty of games
>inb4 exclusives
Plenty of those too
>>
>>344979126
Again, your thinking too small. I don't care what was done before. We're talking about, NOW. This isnt the games market it used to be. Look at facebook games. You had Candy Crush Saga.. Farm Hero Saga.. both these games are nearly identical in how they are played yet both maintain and grow at an insane rate. Digimon, could easily play second fiddle. You think that would be bad for the company? Oh, boy how awful we're making millions off of this small little phone game.
>>
Pokemon Go is a neat idea. I just wished the game had more substance, like better battle system.

Nintendo will probably quit hardware in the next 5 years.
>>
File: crackheads on my internet.jpg (29 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
crackheads on my internet.jpg
29 KB, 211x238
>>344979524
kek
>>
>>344979591
They plan to improve the battle system. The point if the game on release is literally JUST to catch them all.
>>
>>344979591
Quit, or go deeper.
I've never bought or played anything Nintendo and I'd take a Nintendo phone seriously.
>>
>>344979531
>digimon

You truly don't understand anything if you think the brand power of digimon and pokemon are anywhere close to each other.

I'm saying that this success isn't a new paradigm, it's a perfect mixture of IP, technology and market reality. Candy crush and farm hero can co eexist because the core mechanic is just a match 3, there's space for both.

You can't replicate the core mechanic of 'catching pokemon', you've severly underestimated just how important the pokemon aspect is too the equation.
>>
>>344979705
This.

I saw a concept for one a while back and I sat there and said. I'd buy that.
>>
>>344975005
Popularity Mario in a sence, Pokemon and Mario are the two franchises Nintendo owns that have reached 500mil across all its games.

>>344977958
nah, 80mil at best, and Minecraft is a one generation thing, Pokemon owns 3 Generation of kids at least son.
>>
>>344978318
Is this true?
>>
>>344979849
Really?
What was it like?

Also, kinda brings about the point that you don't get any technlogy with unique flavour. Only interesting headphones I've ever seen were Axent Wear, and from what I hear they were a tad botched.
>>
>>344979776
You are literally saying no game can come out and be different and successful.

Anon.. I don't know what to even say to that.. me saying Digimon is an example. It doesn't have to be Digimon.
>>
File: Make it stop.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Make it stop.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>>344973161
FUCK
MY
LIFE

Will the video games industry recover from the success of this freemium app?

(I don't even want to call it a game)
>>
>>344975786
Yep, the millions of GO knockoffs are coming soon.

Which is ironic because GO is literally just that hacking game, made by the same fucking company, it even uses the assets. It is the definition of a clone.
>>
>>344978995
It's not about knowing, it's about remembering it.
>>
>>344976354
>>344978697
Flappy bird also died because the developer freaked out about it's success and stopped working on it/dispersed from the internet
>>
File: 1467301267078.jpg (223 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1467301267078.jpg
223 KB, 920x900
>>344973161
Well knowing Sony, we will see their clone soon.
>>
>>344979941
From what I remember and I'm looking for it now.. but it was designed with classic games in mind. One shot had it playing a game boy game the next, an Snes game, another had Super Mario 64. Was a fully featured phone.. 14mp camera bla bla bla. It even looked really nice. I for a brief second thought it was legit. I was thinking about buying one asap.
>>
File: 1464177816751.png (11 KB, 402x383) Image search: [Google]
1464177816751.png
11 KB, 402x383
>>344980218
>nintendo goes full mobile
think about the bright side we won't have those cucks here anymore.
>>
>>344980196
That's right it can't, Pokemon Go is and will forever be the most popular AR game. There will of course be other ar games but none will come close to pokemon go. All the normies will either stick with pokemon or else lose interest in ar games altogether.

You seem to think that just because it's an ar game, there will be crossover with the huge pokemon go audience. This is absolutely not true and again you fail to understand that people come for the pokemon.
>>
>>344980425
I was thinking more about the fact that Nintendo seems to make some pretty solid products, not to mention neat stuff like their no-peripherals-required 3D screens.
>>
File: 1468467386763.png (56 KB, 491x585) Image search: [Google]
1468467386763.png
56 KB, 491x585
>>344980365
Actually they have. Anyway new emoticon on the left was made by sony PR itself in response of Pokémon Go
>>
>>344980218
it's more of a game than your average Sony movie
>>
File: I Like You.jpg (40 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
I Like You.jpg
40 KB, 400x388
>>344980481
Well... there's that atleast
>>
File: 1450204709072.png (144 KB, 633x900) Image search: [Google]
1450204709072.png
144 KB, 633x900
>>344980218
>>344980481
>WII U WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL NINTENDO!
>>
>>344980494
When did I say anything about a crossover? You just put words in my mouth. I just said any game could easily play second fiddle. It doesnt need to be the next, Pokemon Go. It needs to be an AR game simular yet different enough to pull people in. There are hoards of franchises that could do that.
>>
File: 1468476828769.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1468476828769.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>344980681
You fucking idiot Nintoddler do you even understand what this means?

Nintendo won't have consoles.... No more Wii. No more DS.

Zelda will probably go mobile too if this keeps up.
>>
File: nintendo-smart-boy-controller.jpg (24 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-smart-boy-controller.jpg
24 KB, 624x468
>>344980534
Not him but there was the 'smart boy' concept. I would buy it.
>>
File: 1429651512835.jpg (22 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
1429651512835.jpg
22 KB, 213x200
>>344980878
>Nintendo will go full mobile in your lifetime

Feels good
>>
>>344980481
Yea you will be able to circlejerk as much as you like.
>>
>>344980810
>I just said any game could easily play second fiddle

>I argued that something would come along to destroy the VR hype train
>predict the future of vidya

A few copy cat ar games are a long way from the 'future of gaming'
>>
>>344981020
>boy
fuck the patriarchy scum
>>
>>344980878
>New Zelda comes out.
>it's great.. considered the best ever
>nintendo decides to go mobile because no matter how popular it is it cant out sell or out buzz Pokemon Go
>>
>>344977187
Valve has basically unlimited money, at this point I think it's just Gabe using his hatbux to experiment with stuff that HE wants specifically
>>
>>344977093
The worst part is fags trying to pass it off as good exercise, like slowly walking around looking at their phone is going to shed that blubber.
>>
>>344981192
I jumped into the convo here >>344978868
>>
File: 1455825263779.jpg (59 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
1455825263779.jpg
59 KB, 736x552
>>344981307
It does if you walk about five miles everyday lardass.
>>
>>344981573
Keep telling yourself that tubbo.
>>
is this the most shilled game on /v/?
>>
>>344981573
walk 5 miles a day, don't eat a bag a sugar, lose weight. It actually is that simple if you cut out shit food
>>
>>344981879
i don't think that word means what you think it means
>>
>>344981879

it's the most popular game in the world

i don't think the devs need to shill it
>>
>>344982083
How many people are actually going to be walking 5 miles every day with this thing, let alone keep it up AND eat right, let's be real here. You've already got people driving around and putting their phones on ceiling fans.
>>
>Tryed the "game" today because it came out in the UK
>I caught a pidgey
>you just throw a pokeball

Wheres the fun?
>>
>>344973161
I don't get why nintendrones say Go is proof that Nintendo is fine and doesn't need to change or adapt to the console market when if anything Go's success is proof that either Nintendo would be better off if it left the console market or that Pokemon would be better off if it left nintendo.
>>
>>344977934
True except THATS LITERALLY THE CORE GAMEPLAY MECHANIC IN GO
>>
>>344982415
"It's a Pidgey anon! A Pidgey! From your childhood in the 90's! Remember how cool pokemon was back then?!"

That's the fun, supposedly.
>>
>>344973161
>on track to becoming
It's already passed Minecraft, the #2.

Not up to Tetris yet.
>>
File: 1465440270724.jpg (79 KB, 269x750) Image search: [Google]
1465440270724.jpg
79 KB, 269x750
>>344982891
Not up to Tetris yet?
How do you fail to beat an old Russian game that was made before video games were even big?
>>
>>344976687

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdz5kCaCRFM
>>
>>344981573
>walking 5 miles: 400 kcal

That's a sandwich and a coke.
>>
>>344982498

Or get the world hooked on it and then keep its best features as NX exclusive but offer up in-app purchases as well
>>
>>344983778
DELETET HIS
>>
>>344974554

>might essentially kill VR, or delay until further notice

this was always the case for VR. haven't you noticed that the concept of virtual reality has been popping up literally every decade since the 80's, and everyone gets super stoked on it but then it always fizzles out again? the same is happening again right now. VR will never catch on as long as it still requires you to strap a bucket to your face while flailing two buttplugs around in your hands, and yet that's always the sales pitch VR devs are making. also, nintendo has disrupted tech this way before with 3D - everyone else kept trying to sell us stupid glasses to wear while watching TV or playing vidya, and then nintendo rolls in with the glass-less 3DS and everyone shits their pants the likes of which unseen in this universe.
>>
>>344975560

fucking this.

If you try an original IP with this you'll just get Invisimals.

If you try a lesser IP, people will cry ripoff.
>>
>>344976816

>Instinct
>Articuno
>the shirt is red

how could you fuck up even harder?
>>
>>344984250

pssst, that's the joke
>>
>>344977934

fuck you tetris is timeless but i see your point. Also Tetris DS is best Tetris. No Panel de Pon here.
>>
My phone is broken so i borrowed one from a friend and installed pokemon go.
The problem is when i try to buy something from the in game store, it tries to use my friends google account to buy from.
How can i change it to mine?
Im logged in the play store app and i tried to reinstall the game after i logged in, but it doesnt work.

I installed the game from APK since its not released in my country yet.
>>
>>344978439

>monster hunter

there is a mobile mh already and even that wasn't dumb enough to remove hunting.
>>
>>344982415
The idea is that you minmax the FUCK out of your Pokemon so you can beat kids in gyms. Running around finding Pokemon in general is also neat, but the app itself is horse shit with how badly it tells you where Pokemon are. It should list feet or meters and a compass showing where they are, it's idiotic that you have to just hope the thing that has two feet icons doesn't just disappear from your list despite it counting down to 1 in the direction you were going.
>>
>>344984465
i don't think you can actually buy from the store if it's not released where you live
>>
>>344979776

then why didn't Pokemon Shuffle blow up? It's just a Match 3 with light rpg elements like Puzzles and Dragons.
>>
>>344984527
yea i could, i just need the store to use my google acc
>>
>>344977093
autists say the game is bad
>>
>>344975005
>it is success didn't last long

its
>>
>>344983908
Nobody shat their pants at the 3ds unless it was induced by the sickening look of the screen. Its just a hybrid virtual boy/ds but with a shitter library. Everybody turned it off, only early novelties support it, and even They got rid of it on the 2ds
>>
What triggers me is that people are now latching onto this because it's a trend picking up speed, and many of these people don't know shit about Pokemon

It's phone culture, what are you going to do
>>
>>344973161
>Video game
Oh please fucking kill yourself Nintendrone, last year mobile games were the scum of the earth and now this ingress Pokémon resin is a 'video game' you lot are the biggest corporate cocksuckers in existence and are so fucking autistic you think Nintendo invented AR and going outside, no shit fucking kill yourselves them you truly be with your Pokémon
>>
>>344984804

>they got rid of it on the 2ds

cost cutting measure to convince chillins to beg their parents for pokemans. Not an unfair presumption considering ORAS came out around the same time as the 2DS.
>>
>>344973161
It's only popular because is an app and it's free... Everybody has a cell now....
>>
>>344976816

I know this is a joke post but

>t shirt companies already coming out of the woodwork to try to make a buck off of Team emblem Go shirts.

fuck even my local retro retailer has Go shirts already.
>>
>>344984890

>kill yourself
>kill yourself
>kill yourself
>autist
>kys
>kill yourself

Fuck me, you people are no better than the people you whinge about and to. If you can't formulate a decent argument/defense then just stop handing out the (you)s.
>>
>>>/vp/
>>>/vp/
>>>/vp/
>>>/vp/

Use your board.
>>
File: 1451156637272.jpg (10 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1451156637272.jpg
10 KB, 210x240
>>344975191
I really, really hope Pokémon GO Let's Plays don't become popular. People recording their shot at Youtube stardom in a public space would be fucking annoying.
>>
>>344973161
Can't wait for this to single-handely ruin this hobby that is already a shitshow as of now.
>>
>>344983908
the buttplug-part made me laugh so hard
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>344984465
Help me, i need lures
>>
>>344980218
It won't make a dent. This appeals to the app audience, it's not for gamers.
>>
I dropped Soul Silver halfway through at release and kind of decided I was over Pokémon then and there, but this honestly reminded me how much I loved it. Emulating Leaf Green last night just furthered that.
I might actually pick up Sun or Moon thanks to this. What a weird feeling.
>>
>>344975560
cute little anime girls with big tities

gotta catch em all
>>
>>344973161
>Pokemon Go is on track to becoming the most popular videogame of all time

Is it even a video game?
>>
File: 1467863067050.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1467863067050.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
I have a question about this /v/
I have a samsung s3 that is at version 4.3, if I were to get it to 4.4 using a micro sd card and putting a different kernel on it or whatever it is onto my phone would I be able to run this app?
>>
>>344975560
I really wish Digimon had gotten something like this. With them, I feel like you would barely have to change Ingress and they would still feel appropriate.
>>
File: 1458627235234.jpg (170 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1458627235234.jpg
170 KB, 1080x1920
I just like that the micro transactions are optional.

None of the games content is locked behind spending requirements, unlike other popular mobile games. Everything is available from the start, and the game constantly throws tons of items at you to keep you stocked.

However, people are still spending money on the game (lure modules are $1) purely for the social/communal aspect of hanging out and benefitting the whole group.

It's kinda cool.
>>
>>344978008

I agree with you on the thing about VR.

Honestly VR is already dead as fuck. You don't hear a fucking peep about it anymore, the entry price too fucking stiff and it requires a beefy build on top of it. And you also don't hear absolut jack fucking shit about ANY game for this crap. There's no hype at all whatsoever about any vr game but rather just for the "experience" in a vague sense itself.

AR though is here to stay. I mean, just look at this game. You don't have to level design, you don't have to do fucking nothing, just pop up some random pokemon assets and that's it. The rest is automated.

Once things such as Holo Lens become more mainstream with a smaller, less obvious design, AR gaming will be everywhere.
>>
File: 1428261864503.png (16 KB, 200x264) Image search: [Google]
1428261864503.png
16 KB, 200x264
>>344980481
>>
>>344974535
I guess they are not that stupid to limit where you can spend money on shit
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x846
>>344986440
>thinking a game having microtransactions is good
I hope you don't. I really hope you're not this mentally deficient. I mean, I've dealt with retardation before but damn man.
>microtransactions
>good
Microtransactions are the main reason why /v/ in general fucking hates mobile gaming in general, hell this isn't even a fucking game. It's a corporate product that is inferior to the very franchise it came from. It both looks and plays like a fucking vita arg game, you know, those games that come with the console.
Kill
Yourself
But most importantly
Kill
Me
If this is real...I don't want to live. I'm losing faith. Wale me up when this existiential nightmare ends.
>>
File: sad-cat.jpg (50 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
sad-cat.jpg
50 KB, 500x333
>See brother play Pokemon GO
>Trying to catch Golbat
>All he does is chuck a bunch of pokeballs to catch it
>my inner-autism is screaming "YOU HAVE TO WEAKEN IT FIRST"
>>
File: 1466425582819.png (151 KB, 1280x1118) Image search: [Google]
1466425582819.png
151 KB, 1280x1118
>>344986927
Reading comprehension, amigo. Give it another shot. I know you can do it.

The post clearly states that

>The microtransactions being completely optional is good

As in, the fact that you can play 100% of the game and never spend a cent is good.
>>
>>344975160
Gen 1: You only really needed Strength, Fly and Surf
And I pity it past that. Waterfall, Rockslide, Rock Smash and Dive is SHIT. I don't even get the purpose of there being more than 1 water HM.

Gen 1 had the advantage of being this really smooth thing for the GBC. Everything after is hampered by shitty map designs, a plot, and more shit nobody needs.
tl:dr Gen 1 had bloat, Gen 2+ didn't fix any of it and added more
>>
File: 1393202901071.jpg (31 KB, 366x377) Image search: [Google]
1393202901071.jpg
31 KB, 366x377
I can't fucking wait to see other companies trying to imitate the success of this and failing miserably.

The first one will be Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed GO, which will make you have to "kill" random people on the street, which will unavertibly lead to a massive spike of drama once people report that they are getting filmed on the street by random retards and Ubisoft is forced to apologize.

Then it will be EA and Activision coming up with something as well.

They will try to replicate the success of this without understanding that the very reason why this thing is so appealing is because we're in the midle of an era where posing as a Gamer™ is the "in" thing to do and that things such as Pokemon, as well as Zelda, Skyrim and Portal, are the go-to games that people pretend to love in order to pose as le ebin geeks. Just like how every poser """""""loves""""""" Star Wars. This will be the wii all over again except everybody else is gonna be post-wii nintendo trying and failing to replicate its success.
>>
>>344987630
Disagreed. Dive is awesome. Exploring underwater labyrinths and resurfacing in areas you thought were out of bounds made the game felt like an adventure, and at least Waterfall is a fantastic move for physical attacking Water Pokemon just as Surf is for Special Attackers.
>>
>>344987772
Also, this thing is succesful because living in a Pokemon world was literally the dream of anyone who was a child when pokemon hit it big back then.
>>
>>344986927
Please kill yourself then, since you're such a weak minded faggot
>>
>>344975560
harry potter maybe
>>
>>344987912
> and at least Waterfall is a fantastic move for physical attacking Water Pokemon
Dive, Surf and Waterfall was all SPECIAL attacks before somebody had the fantastic idea to finally separate attacks into Special and Physical instead of type dictating that.
Seriously, at the worst, 2/6 of your Pokemon will be 100% HM slaves, leaving you with 4 active slots. Not that slots counted for shit.
But Dive as a exploration mechanic could be moved to a Key Item, or Surf could be moved to a Key Item to free up HM slots.

I am going to claim Pokemon has a lot of very strong design points, wasted. And if they are adapted wrong, they could be wasted further.
I.E Dragon Quest, the game which Pokemon is derived from(mostly) has Key Items that has no real use.
>>
>>344973161
>They needed a miracle and if a divine entity exists, it graced them with one.

nin~ten~do
translation: leave luck to heaven
>>
>>344974554
Holy fuck, now i want Resident Evil Go to hunt zombies in the real world
>>
>>344975560

Digimon could work. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco is already storming up ideas right now.
>>
>>344975005
>The Pokemon Company
Nintendo owns 33% of Pokemon Company and invested millions of dollars into Niantic. All of them are making a fuckton of money from this.
I wouldn't be surprised if Niantic was getting a pretty raw deal at the end of the day, considering they're a startup in business with powerhouses like Google and (to a lesser extent) Nintendo.
>>
I dont like nintendo or pokemon but pokemon go is a brilliant business move

I'm just worried publishers are going to be chasing the augmented reality dollar for the next 5-10 years like they did with motion controls, holding the industry back again
>>
>>344975560
Disney/Star Wars/Marvel.

Star Wars is the best bet.
It would have to be different to Pokemon Go, because I can't imagine going around catching Jedi would have the same appeal. If they made some kind of "go and fight Stormtroopers to level up your Jedi" thing I could see it being insanely successful.
Have a Rebels and Empire faction thing.

Now I'm making myself want this piece of shit.
>>
>>344988246
>to play Resident Evil Go you need a Gun Accessory® you attach to your phone
>if you die in the game, you die in real life because the gun shoots you
The perfect survival game.
>>
>>344988208
>I.E Dragon Quest, the game which Pokemon is derived from

Yeah no. Pokemon took inspiration from Megami Tensei.
>>
>>344983836
The people playing this game won't buy Nintendo hardware.
>>
>>344983778

What is it without the coke? Five sandwiches?
>>
>>344979403
search volume which is scaled according to the single highest datapoint. let's say 1million searches a day are the highest point that would give it a rating of 100. 500k searches would therefore be a rating of 50 so half as high on that graph. It always scales according to the highest peak.
>>
>>344977339
People didn't stop playing Pokemon because of new pokemon, they stopped playing because they grew out of it.
>>
>>344981020
>>344981214

Let's be fair, if it was called the "Game Girl" it would play games but wouldn't be very good at it.
>>
File: 1375523302119.jpg (26 KB, 352x389) Image search: [Google]
1375523302119.jpg
26 KB, 352x389
As I've reiterated many times, Pokemon GO is a fad. Sure, I said it was gonna be a flop, but i'll take it back and say it'll die off eventually. Maybe people are trying it out at first. But, people don't play Pokemon to actually go out of their house and like, catch pokemon and go to gyms and go to places to trade and shit. That would be too tiring and too much moving involved.

People play video games because they are lazy as fuck and want to stay seated in a couch playing with a controller in a console, at home, relaxing. Not going out and doing shit.

A few months from now, people would be so bored of it.
>>
>>344992331
>People play video games because they are lazy as fuck and want to stay seated in a couch playing with a controller in a console, at home, relaxing. Not going out and doing shit.

what you dont comprehend that only real gamers are like this. Normies are not like this, and if you like it or not they make up a way bigger amount of people on this earth. And yes a few months from now they will also be bored but guess what they just have to introduce actual battles, social features, gen 2 pokemon, trading or whatever and it keeps going. surely they wont keep every single player but they can milk this into fucking oblivion.
>>
>The only important discussion worth having now is how this will change the industry.
Not much honestly. Games like Candy Crush and Angry Birds already proved how big the casual and mobile gaming market truly is long before Pokemon Go. Nintendo just finally took notice and combined their most popular casual game with the most popular casual gaming platform.

It was a match made in heaven from the get-go.
>>
>>344992598
maybe it wont change the industry at large, but will it change Nintendo ? Looking at their stock their investors fucking LOVE this shit right now. The Wii U has failed, handhelds are declining and the mobile market is THE market for Nintendo honestly. No other company has this many IPs that are well known. I mean if they release a good Zelda game on Android/iOS I can guarantee you that is gonna outsell the Wii U Zelda atleast by 10x not accounting for microtransactions which lead to steady income.
>>
>>344973161
Call it revolutionary or that nintendo have done it when the sales charts come

Until them you can't say that it was really successful
>>
>>344975074
No.

The cel-shaded/toonlike art style will ruin its chances.

It'll make decent buck as a launch title for the NX, sure - but will it break Skyrim or even OoT/TP records? Very doubtful. I see it making 5-6 million at best.
>>
>>344994516
Overwatch
>>
>>344992331
>People play video games because they are lazy as fuck and want to stay seated in a couch playing with a controller in a console, at home, relaxing. Not going out and doing shit.

Actual gamers? Sure.

Uber-normies? No. They'll gravitate towards the mobile shit because it's free and provides distractions and amusement on the go.
>>
>>344992552
>only real gamers are lazy couch fucks
>ill just project my lazyness unto everyone and generalize everything
>real gamers dont go outside
>>
>>344976984
This right here. They planned on a soft release to figure out what where there will be issues before launching it officially. Not sure if they had planned for it getting leaked to everyone though because that was an obvious outcome.
>>
>>344994724
>Overwatch is a different genre, riding off the success and concepts of previous games in its said genre, such as TF2.

Zelda is an action-adventure. And when it comes to action-adventure, people want epic experiences - not cartoonish ones.

And even then, Skyward Sword's style resembles anime more than anything else - something that's not exactly popular in the west at large.
>>
>>344995036
I actually go to the gym 4x a week but glad you know me so well anon
>>
File: 1410824115773.gif (1 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1410824115773.gif
1 MB, 636x358
Who /norn iron/ here? Tbh I'm not sure if I want to walk around in public with my phone out.
>>
>>344979524
Dumbass it's all Fifa and cod. Only 1% of ps4 owners play your shitty weeb little girl panty hunts.
>>
>>344983778
why would u drink coke lmao
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck does lures not work for me ???!

Yesterday i was with 4 friends at a double pokestop with 2 lures for 20 minutes.
I found literally 0 pokemon, while they catched around 10

Today I set up a lure to a pokemon stop nearby, while combining with incense i only found 1 zubat in 30 minutes.

I find all the same pokemon as them when we drive/walk etc
Im lvl 5 if that matters?
>>
>>344980218
Why is it that every single sperglord crying in Pokemon go threads are frogposters?
>>
>>344995547
Don't even think about it
>>
File: 1464922581876.gif (2 MB, 649x472) Image search: [Google]
1464922581876.gif
2 MB, 649x472
>>344974950
>>
The only thing I hate about this game is all the normies that suddendly came out of the woodwork and started posting
>>
>>344995884
You're supposed to walk around. The incense just increases encounter rate.
>>
File: eating_shit.png (318 KB, 663x549) Image search: [Google]
eating_shit.png
318 KB, 663x549
Animal Crossing + AR
> You have some overall score/ funds that are based on the quality of your literal town
> Create landmarks, foundations, get-together spots for you and other "villagers" to converge and buzz up points
> Have activities like fixing/ repairing landmarks others have put down, improving town quality
> Contact AR villagers, have some conduit interactive feature with them
> "virtually" improving the fuck out of your town, knowing these other real-life villagers through the means of the fictional ones and their own small problems/ tasks

It can work for pansy-ish places like Japan
>>
>>344996302
I'm not normie, but Go has suddenly grabbed my interest in Pokemon again. The first time in years, probably since Diamond and Pearl. I might actually check out Sun and Moon now.
>>
>>344996325
Isnt the lures purpose to draw pokemon to the pokestops so you can wait?

Still doesnt explain why my friends find 10 pokemon at the stops where i find 0
>>
>>344992331
>actually believing people who browse /v/ and play 4+ hours of vidya a day are a majority
HOLY FUCK HOW CAN YOU BE THIS OUT OF TOUCH
>>
File: CU_CfjaWUAATUnh.jpg (89 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CU_CfjaWUAATUnh.jpg
89 KB, 1024x576
>>344995547
>went for a walk this morning, caught some pokemon, stopped at some pokestops and did some shopping, nice morning it was
>at home watching anime
>hear a group of people around their 20s through my window
>they are talking about a friend of theirs who stopped at a pokestop and spent his time there one day
>they are laughing and joking about him
>somehow feel bad about it

I dunno, I don't always go alone but I rather stop giving a fuck and get some fun than just don't play the game at all

I just wish I lived in a city so this stuff is not strange at all. In this town I always feel like I'm one of the few weirdos even when I have a completely normal social life.
>>
>>344995359
then why are you generalising everything like an idiot, anon?
>>
>>344996906
you just answered your own question you retard
>>
File: CDikvi8UUAAnwf-.png (235 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CDikvi8UUAAnwf-.png
235 KB, 500x500
>need mobile data to play
>>
It's just hype from an initial trend. The game is quite literally a WORSE Ingress. Once people burn out it will even out. There is nothing to do in the game after a short while.
>>
Real life pokemon when, I'm still waiting ;_;
>>
>>344997016
so you accept the fact that you're an idiot?
works for me
>>
>>344984465
I had a similar problem (my primary Google account cannot accept credit cards because it's managed by my old university), so what I had to do was remove my other Google account, log into Pokemon Go, and then re-add my other Google account. If you can remove your friend's account that will likely work.
>>
>>344996706
No, it draws Pokemon to you in general but it also increases spawn rates, where you are is irrelevant but you're meant to be wandering around not sitting in the same spot since it gives you more spawns thanks to them refreshing while you move.
>>
>>344997196
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>344975074
I end up having to say this in every nintendo thread to somebody: Your're so fucking out of touch it hurts.

Pokemon Go is popular because it's a familiar nostalgic franchise thats MOBILE and FREE. LoZ will have a painfully mediocre life because no one owns a fucking wii u and normies are not going to buy an NX. Normies made pokemon go popular, not you.
>>
>>344984490
>Shaking grass
>90% of the time it disappears long before you get close
Theres some retarded area disparity too.

There are a bunch of nature trails near me and they tend to have jack shit, but the second I go to strip malls shit appears non stop. I don't know the algorithm they use but its awful.
>>
The game gets boring pretty quick

They are going to need to add something to make it interesting or it won't last till the end of the year.

I'm level 24 and still catching the same shit pokemon (higher CP) as I did before only it's harder now since they have higher CP. Gym battles are brain-dead and you can quote literally beat any gym with a weaker pokemon without taking damage thanks to the dodge system.

So as it stands right now I play it for 30 minutes a day now.
>>
>>344997419
>Everything appears in people's yards instead of just lining it up along the main streets or sidewalks.
>Spent 30 minutes on a bike today and 16 of those minutes were with ZERO encounters despite the entire list filled out.
>Despite being right next to a shaking area there's nothing even though the circle is right over it.
>Those Pokemon that show they're 1 or 2 steps away but they just disappear for no reason and when you go back they don't appear at all.
>>
>>344997419
its very urban-centric

rural areas have jack shit
>>
>>344995547
Do you have a dog? Walk it. When you need to catch something let your dog sniff random shit while you do so.

The perfect crime
>>
File: TSUJ.jpg (468 KB, 1666x1156) Image search: [Google]
TSUJ.jpg
468 KB, 1666x1156
>>344973161
>Nintendo has Pokemon GO
>Squeenix has Final Fantasy XIV
>There are now two good 3D Mortal Kombat games

What next? A good Sonic game?
>>
>>344997690
This too. Many locations are massively unfairly balanced.

Some places dont even have gyms or pokestops and people contact Niantic and they say they are not adding more stops right now.
>>
>>344973161
>how this will change the industry
>the industry
man why cant we enjoy things without "how will x change the industry", "anon dont buy X, it will send a message" and blablabla. Maybe I'm getting to hold for this and am becoming a casual.
>>
>>344996805
I would be impressed if faggots on /v/ play 4 hours of vidya.

I would be impressed if faggots on /v/ played vidya at all.
>>
File: file.png (929 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
file.png
929 KB, 540x960
>>344997816
>Felt smug that there are 3 stops about 5-6 minutes of walking near me.
>Buddy on normiebook posts this
>>
File: a28.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
a28.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
How does pokemon go know the shape of my house?
>>
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287730-trump-i-wish-i-had-time-for-pokemon-go

>playing a cuck game
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.